Martin family attorney wanted a better jury

Full story: CBS News 800
Bob Schieffer reflects that "America has always led best when we led by example," but it's struggling to do that now. Full Story
First Prev
of 40
Next Last

“This town is nuts...”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 14, 2013
How could they have even asked for a better jury? If a jury of all women wouldn't convict someone of second degree murder of a seventeen year old then who do they believe would have?

I believe that if the defense would have been allowed to introduce the text messages and videos on TM cell phone the entire country would have a different opinion about what happened.
This was a clear case of self- defense from day one. Anytime you have to file a lawsuit just to have someone arrested and charged with a crime you can be sure the case against that person is very weak.
Brenda besson

United States

#3 Jul 14, 2013
Banned wrote:
How could they have even asked for a better jury? If a jury of all women wouldn't convict someone of second degree murder of a seventeen year old then who do they believe would have?
I believe that if the defense would have been allowed to introduce the text messages and videos on TM cell phone the entire country would have a different opinion about what happened.
This was a clear case of self- defense from day one. Anytime you have to file a lawsuit just to have someone arrested and charged with a crime you can be sure the case against that person is very weak.
funny,and true.did alsharpton cry,and say they would appeal?
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#4 Jul 14, 2013
I am sure the leaders of the scam are not done yet. They will involve the Neg&o Attorney General, and the mulotto President, but Americans are getting smarter every day. No one cares what either one of them says or wants done.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#5 Jul 14, 2013
A better jury? Made up of Black Panthers, no doubt. It should have been Hispanic, a jury of his peers!!
Really

Kansas City, MO

#6 Jul 14, 2013
The Martin parents have received a one million $ settlement from the homeowners association.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

#7 Jul 14, 2013
$2,000,000. The parents received $2,000,000. To them the kid was worth more dead then alive. If I was one of their other children I would be shaking in my boots!!

“Club Fed or Camp Cupcake?”

Since: Oct 10

White-Collar Minimum-Security

#8 Jul 14, 2013
A Room Full Of Bigots Had No Idea He Was Making Fun Of Them. So They Sang Along.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/bigo...
Sacha Baron Cohen often used his character Borat not only for laughs but to expose an underbelly of American culture that most would prefer not to believe still exists.
TedSchneider

Carmel, IN

#11 Jul 14, 2013
What the Martin family actually means is that there just weren't any O.J. jury style low knowledge nickahs on the jury who would refuse to acquit Zimmerman no matter what the evidence proved.
Thug gone

Frankfort, KY

#12 Jul 14, 2013
Just An Honest Man wrote:
OMG! What a whiner! They fished until the found a prosecutor that would try him without evidence, unjustly delayed and withheld information from the defense team, moved the goal post by changing the charges after arguments were made thus depriving him of proper defense and trial, out bankrolled the defense, used every resource available to the government and played to the media constantly with one-sided "leaks" among many other things. The prosecution had the same opportunities in selecting the jury as the defense did and even won a panel of all women with all but one being a mom to play up the "A mother lost her innocent child" angle.
Face it, justice won, race baiters lost. Nothing could change it. Everything was tried and it didn't work.
Right on bro
BlackGhettoThug

Carmel, IN

#13 Jul 14, 2013
We all know now that white defense lawyers ain't never gone to let any blaick O.J. type jurors on they juries anymore onless of cours they be defending some blaick dude caus mos of thos blaick O.J. type jurors ain't gone against the blaick culture an vot to convict a blaick man no mattah what the evidence say.

“Don't Even Bother”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#14 Jul 15, 2013
I have one thought I feel a need to express for those law abiding citizens,my fellow Americans... be careful/safe out there. The ghettoCommunity are somewhat angrier. This/the circus they created in their attempt to silence the truth related to Zimmerman acting out in self-defense has created an atmosphere of resentment,anger,prejudice along with hate among them.
We Chicagoan are experiencing/ seen this already,so we know full well what we are up-against. It's just(sadly) going to get worst.
These drones are targeting shoppers in the Downtown areas and now at the "Taste of Chicago".
The citizens/law abiding/taxpayers have to go out of our way/take our time and search around for stories related to the muggings,assaults and the continued ki.llings( because the Media covers it up)...,but it's happening/it's there.

Take some time and do some research,listen to these politicians here in Chgo.IL. idolizing Trayvon.... adding fuel to the unrest/anger/the protests in the Downtown area as it is.

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

#15 Jul 15, 2013
All monies will be used for George Zimmerman's ongoing living expenses, legal costs, and fees associated with his defense

http://www.gzdefensefund.com/donate
lolol

Rio Rancho, NM

#16 Jul 15, 2013
BlackGhettoThug wrote:
We all know now that white defense lawyers ain't never gone to let any blaick O.J. type jurors on they juries anymore onless of cours they be defending some blaick dude caus mos of thos blaick O.J. type jurors ain't gone against the blaick culture an vot to convict a blaick man no mattah what the evidence say.
rachael is dat you ????
you make about as much sense as she did on the stand,
must be a genetic thing.

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

#18 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>And now that Trayvon's family has been shown in a court of law that Trayvon was responsible for causing Mr. Zimmerman to defend his life and kill him I hope they give the $2M settlement they received from the home owners association for Travon's death to it.
But that has just about as much of a chance of happening as the feds successfully getting the proven not guilty Zman of Civil Rihghts violations.
You know Honest Man, this whole circus Zimmerman had to go through could of been anyone of us. We just never know, this travesty serves as an teachable moment/time for us all and give us a front row seat as to what people are capable of when they are he77 bent on ruining one's life(from the Politicians,prosecutors all the way down to the drones protesting in our streets). Zimmerman's life is ruined and he will always have to look over his shoulder (for defending himself against the ghetto mentality that are ever so increasing in size).
But than again,this was no surprise to me.
I worked in the inner city attempting to make a positive difference to no avail. It is(the mindset) like a cancer,it spreads with no cure in sight(no solution)...ravaging our once decent areas/neighborhoods/cities.
I know one thing, if nothing else... your hard work,sincerity and energy makes no difference to the Ghetto mentality,so we move on and work with those who truly want to change/prosper and make a positive difference in their lives.
Dave Soucie

Hollywood, FL

#19 Jul 15, 2013
The only problem w the jury is they didn't get the outcome they wanted!

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

#22 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text>Anyone of us is right. This case proved that even the protected classes can have there minority status stripped away from them and be thrown under the bus when their own "support" groups decide to get attention.
Yet they protest and demand continued injustices to one of their own. It leaves me shacking head my in disbelief.
You are right.
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#24 Jul 15, 2013
If there is any justice left in America Mr Zimmerman will get his good name back, plus plenty of money from suing the State for malicious prosecution, and suing NBC for reporting misinformation. This is still America, and we have laws that apply to everyone.
i see oj

Virginia Beach, VA

#25 Jul 15, 2013
<quoted text> If there were "truth in news laws" the title would have to read "Martin family attorney wanted only a jury that would convict of the worst charges"
Add "regardless of the evidence" to the end of the headline and you have a winner!
Cat74

Palatine, IL

#26 Jul 15, 2013
That was the problem, there was no evidence for 2nd degree murder. They couldn't even prove manslaughter. This whole thing was a scam.

“Don't Even Bother”

Location hidden

#27 Jul 15, 2013
Cat74 wrote:
That was the problem, there was no evidence for 2nd degree murder. They couldn't even prove manslaughter. This whole thing was a scam.
Exactly !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 40
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fierce Critic of Islam Honored at Israel's Open... 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 9
Liberals are tough on Israel and Christianity: ... 1 hr Faith 85
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr L Morales 71,257
Text of pope's Christmas Day message 7 hr Kar 2
CNN Exec Allegedly Asks Pro-Israel Teen Activis... 7 hr open hillel 1
Best Israeli Armoured Brigade / Division 7 hr oink IDF 1
More from around the web