Lapid working to pass civil, gay marriage in Israel

May 19, 2013 Full story: Jerusalem Post

Finance Minister Yair Lapid is working to build a "coalition within the coalition" to create a civil alternative to religious marriage in Israel, including gay marriage.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 May 19, 2013
Mitzvah!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#3 May 20, 2013
Oy vey.
Max

Montréal, Canada

#4 May 20, 2013
Well, old Jewish talmud law makers used to practice pedophilia and other disgusting things, I don't see why Jews shouldn't allow gay marriage.

Comparing old Jew circles practices during Jesus' time and Muslim practices during Mohammed's time, this raises an interesting question : Why would Jews today allow gay marriages but Muslims not?

“Sara for Fun (( M 2 F ))”

Since: Aug 10

Bahrain

#5 Jul 9, 2013
Meaning of marriage is a tranquility with a spirit of love.In all religions, does't asked the couple about it when the ruling or the judge or who has the authority to marry? Why interject religion into this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Israel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 17 min indict JINSA 119,617
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 25 min MADOFF Zionism 25
Palestinians to submit draft for UN vote 34 min goldstone report 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,874
Geneva Conventions invoke rights of Palestinians 37 min goldstone report 2
Israel arrests members of Jewish extremist group 41 min brightone KKK 2
Gazans rush to enjoy life after ruinous war 2 hr Grau 148