Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported. Full Story
Gary

Columbus, OH

#37779 Feb 10, 2013
Acadia wrote:
<quoted text>
And this infuriates atheists. Good job.
Well, so be it ,Acadia ! By the way, I enjoy Hagerstown,Md. I used to live just outside DC . Anyway, Israel's end is nowhere in sight and Israel is far more enduring than Ahmadinejad or Khamanei . Muslims might as well be atheists.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#37780 Feb 10, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. What is there to prove? Someone which even a child' mind can see that term Anti Smite is a misnomer. And to use it exclusive for Jews is mistake and nothing else. Arabs are as Semite as any blue blooded Jew of the finest genealogy. So to exclude Arabs from Ant Semite is neither logical nor reasonable.
What further proofs you need I do not know. But your insistence shows that have viruses of racism in you and not me.
02. Again linking Hizbollah and Hamas with Islamic terrorism is wrong. And if you insist, then you should also call Israeli actions as Jewish Terrorism and US actions in Iraq and Afghanistan as Christian terrorism.
Use common standard is my plea, nothing else.
It seems that you Devil's advocate after all.
Arabs and Jews are Semites because they're from the SAME family. This is why the term was coined in Europe deriving from antisemites who were against Jews having a presence in European society on the grounds that as Semites they didn't deserve such a position. I think you just ignored the link I cited that clearly shows this. I don't know why you're so adamant about crying "racism" when you then proceed to proclaim every American, Israeli or general non Muslim as such regardless of their own positions.

The US falls under international meddling and exerting too much control over the world, but the US government as such cannot be classified as a "Christian terrorist" organisation because it represents the COUNTRY, not the religion. I think the groups you are looking for include loonies like the Westboro Baptist Church. Same goes for Israel (the irony being that the majority of the country is secular, yet many [rightly] accuse the Likud dominated government of handing power and privileges to the [growing] minority of right wing ultra religious people)

And yes, I actually chose my username after the movie, not the phrase though. I didn't choose it because I liked it though, the username came to me because I was impressed with how much the movie managed to scare me.
w wman uk

UK

#37781 Feb 11, 2013
The Advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Any kind of racism, regardless whether it's espoused by a drunk on the corner or a famous politician, will always be intrinsically wrong.
Your call.
Its intrinisicaly correct did l mention the race card? islam is not just a religion its a political idology with striking simularities to nazism.ie Kill the Jew world domination shira law for all. My if the murhumna had their way life would really be all gigles and shites just like it is for most muslims with islamic goverments.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#37782 Feb 11, 2013
The person from UK in the previous post correctly characterized islam as a nazi-like ,atheistic ideology. To even contemplate nuclear weapons in the hands of these people is cause to keep defense budgets Already with an unstable nation such as Pakistan and soon Iran to have nukes goes beyond just common concern. World domination promoted by islam will be its undoing. So the bottom line is that islam is a very dangerous situation.
w wman uk

Ipswich, UK

#37784 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
-
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...
Remembering Abu Jihad And Why, Really, The Israelis Killed Him
By Alan Hart
(9Contd.)
The following year he ordered a “General Exercise” in and around Nablus.“General Exercise” was the code for a confrontation between the PLO’s supporters and the occupying Israeli army. It was Arafat’s way of testing the feelings and mood of Palestinians throughout the Occupied Territories. The response was exactly what Arafat and Abu Jihad had predicted it would be. The confrontation in Nablus took place, but there was no support for the idea that it should be sustained and extended. A popular uprising was still the stuff of dreams.
Arafat, Abu Jihad and Hani Hassan (Arafat’s chief adviser and trouble-shooter) then conducted a detailed investigation of why the “General Exercise” had failed to inspire even a token demonstration of widespread support for the PLO.“We came to a very dramatic conclusion”, Hani told me.“We discovered that the silent majority of our people in the Occupied Territories had given their hearts if not their minds to the Islamic fundamentalists.”
What explained this enormous shift of popular opinion, a change of heart which suggested, among other things, that Arafat’s moderate PLO was in danger of becoming an irrelevance in the Occupied Territories?
Short answer - despair.
There was first of all, and obviously, the despair born of 20 years of occupation and often-brutal Israeli repression. But in the wake of Israel’s invasion of Lebanon and its siege of Beirut there were, as Hani Hassan put it,“two new factors of despair.”
The first was the realisation that Arafat’s policy of politics and compromise with Israel was getting the Palestinians nowhere.
The second, a bitter lesson for a new generation of Palestinians, was that they were on their own when the crunch came. The proof was the way the Arab regimes had sat on their backsides and watched for weeks as Sharon tried to finish the PLO in Beirut.
Against that backdrop it was inevitable that more and more Palestinians in the Occupied Territories would begin to see Islamic fundamentalism as the only force capable of changing the status quo. But what surprised and shocked Arafat and his leadership colleagues was the number of Palestinians who had moved or who were moving in the direction of the fundamentalists. Hani said:“We discovered that not less than 60 percent of our young people in the Occupied Territories were thinking that Islamic fundamentalism had more to offer than the PLO.”
The violent Islamic fundamentalism (Palestinian style) that Arafat and his leadership colleagues saw coming as the inevitable product of continuing Israeli occupation and the new wave of Palestinian resistance would be institutionalised in 1988, when Hamas was founded in Gaza by Sheikh Ahmed Yassin, a paralysed, wheelchair-bound religious teacher. In Arabic Hamas means zeal. It is also an acronym for the Islamic Resistance Movement.
For Arafat the consequences of Islamic fundamentalists making the running in the Occupied Territories were terrifying.(As they ought to have been to rational Israelis). First there was the obvious danger that the PLO would become an irrelevance for a majority of Palestinians. But that was not the worst-case scenario. If there was a popular uprising, and if the Islamic fundamentalists could claim most of the credit for it, Arafat - even if the PLO did retain some credibility - might not be able to deliver the compromise that he had struggled for six years to sell to his people.
So what at the beginning of 1984 were Arafat and his leadership colleagues to do?
So what at the beginning of 1984 were Arafat and his leadership colleagues to do?
Buggered small boys?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37785 Feb 11, 2013
Gary wrote:
The person from UK in the previous post correctly characterized islam as a nazi-like ,atheistic ideology. To even contemplate nuclear weapons in the hands of these people is cause to keep defense budgets Already with an unstable nation such as Pakistan and soon Iran to have nukes goes beyond just common concern. World domination promoted by islam will be its undoing. So the bottom line is that islam is a very dangerous situation.
If you think nukes are safe in the hands of Zionists and they would not use, when they see defeat right before their eyes, then you are surely mistaken.

Why did USA used their nukes against japan, was US seeing defeat right before their eyes?

How wrong is it to say that your nukes are safe, even though you threaten every small nation now and then and they are unsafe in the hands of others who never used it.

Another form of Bigotry?
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#37786 Feb 11, 2013
-

Remembering Abu Jihad And Why, Really, The Israelis Killed Him
By Alan Hart
(contd.)

They knew they could not force the pace in the Occupied Territories and that a popular uprising would have to be spontaneous, generated from within; but they set about planning and putting into place the support networks and mechanisms that would sustain the explosion of despair - prevent Israeli’s military and other security services putting it down with speed - when it happened.

Soon after it started on 9 December 1987 the day-to-day management, direction and co-ordination of the first intifada was, in fact, taken over, as planned, by Abu Jihad, then Arafat’s deputy and most likely successor as well as commander of the PLO’s scattered and mission-less military forces.

But Arafat’s personal contribution to sustaining the uprising was significant. He had what he described to me as his “secret weapon”. From a British company (Racal-Tacticom in Reading) he had purchased some state-of-the-art, space-age radio equipment - a transmitter and scores of mini-receivers - which enabled him to plug into the Arab communications satellite (AbSat) and talk directly to Palestinian demonstrators on street corners when they were confronting the Israeli army.

Hani Hassan spoke about the impact of Arafat’s spiritual presence on the front lines in the Occupied Territories with great excitement.“You can’t imagine”, he told me.“The confrontations were very tough. Even when they were not being killed or seriously wounded (for throwing stones at Israel’s mighty warriors) our people were taking a lot of punishment. So naturally there were times when their morale was low. And that’s when Arafat lifted their spirits. Somebody would produce a receiver to link the demonstrators to him in Tunis. The one who spoke directly with him was overcome with emotion and enthusiasm. He would proudly tell the others,‘I’ve just talked to Abu Amar. He says we must continue.’”

It was, however, Abu Jihad’s oversight management and control, from the bedroom of his modest, whitewashed villa in Sidi Bou Said, a suburb to the north-east of Tunis, that prevented the Israelis from putting down the first intifada as quickly as they had assumed they could by collective punishments, arrests, torture and killing. That was why, on 16 April 1988, Israeli Special Forces went all the way to Tunis to assassinate Abu Jihad in his bedroom.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37787 Feb 11, 2013
Though it was enclosed by a wall eight feet high, the villa occupied an exposed corner position at a road junction inside what many local people described as the “Forbidden Zone” because of its security status. The Tunisian president’s palace and the American Ambassador’s residence were almost within shouting distance of Abu Jihad’s villa. When he was looking for a family home he had been directed to the location by Tunisian officials.

They told him there was no other place where his security could be guaranteed. When the Israelis came ashore they were dressed as Tunisian security forces. They knew it was going to be an easy kill because Israeli agents had done a thorough reconnaissance job. They had discovered that Abu Jihad refused to surround himself with bodyguards of his own, in order to live as normal a life as possible with his childhood sweetheart and their children.

From Israel’s point of view Abu Jihad’s murder had the desired effect. Arafat was the man who inspired the Palestinian struggle, but Abu Jihad was the man who made it happen. Arafat was the man most respected by most Palestinians as the symbol of regenerated Palestinian nationalism, but Abu Jihad was the man the fighters and their families (the resistors of Israeli occupation) most admired. On an emotional as well as an organisational level, his murder was a huge setback for the resistance movement in the Occupied Territories.

When the first intifada started Israelis had a choice of two options. One was to continue living by the sword. The other was to say to themselves something like:“If we are not to find ourselves in a nightmare situation of our own making, we had better negotiate our way out of occupation.” There were rational Israelis who did say such things. But gut-Zionism prevailed. It was congenitally incapable of responding to the Palestinian cry for even a minimum of justice with anything but the iron fist. Greater Israel was to be strengthened and consolidated, not dismantled, even at the price of there being no peace, ever.

It was then that some of those who had done most to make a reality of Zionism’s mad dream did a most foolish thing. In the hope of weakening support for Arafat’s PLO in the Occupied Territories, they encouraged the growth of Hamas. The extent to which Israel assisted the development of Islamic fundamentalism (Palestinian style) is still a well kept secret.

In retrospect it can be said that if Israel had been willing to accept Arafat’s PLO as a negotiating partner in the mid to late 1980s, Hamas in particular, and Islamic fundamentalism in general, could not and would not have emerged as an unmanageable threat to anybody in the context of the struggle for Palestine. In that context the real recruiting sergeant of Islamic fundamentalism (Palestinian style) for resistance was Zionism’s arrogance of power and insufferable self-righteousness

lan Hart has been engaged with events in the Middle East and their global consequences and terrifying implications – the possibility of a Clash of Civilisations, Judeo-Christian v Islamic, and, along the way, another great turning against the Jews – for nearly 40 years… Alan is author of "Zionism: The Real Enemy of the Jews" - http://www.alanhart.net
Gary

Columbus, OH

#37788 Feb 11, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think nukes are safe in the hands of Zionists and they would not use, when they see defeat right before their eyes, then you are surely mistaken.
Why did USA used their nukes against japan, was US seeing defeat right before their eyes?
How wrong is it to say that your nukes are safe, even though you threaten every small nation now and then and they are unsafe in the hands of others who never used it.
Another form of Bigotry?
You're sadly mistaken that Islam will be victorious. You don't understand what God's plan is for the world. There isn't any place in the future for Islam as it is an enemy of God's chosen nation of Israel. Israel will use the nuclear option during the coming war with both russia and her islamic allies originating just beyond the northern frontier of Israel. Read both chapters 38 and 39 of the book of Ezekiel of the Bible. Then you'll understand my perspective. The bigotry I am discussing originates from your Islamic world and kills men,women, and children. Israel just Responds to these attacks and gets criticized for defending itself. There are just a few more prophecies yet to be fulfilled before the Second coming of the Savior of the World and hence, the permanence of Israel and Jerusalem as both the capital and central city of the world. It's that simple.
Gary

Columbus, OH

#37789 Feb 11, 2013
The purpose of the US using 2 nukes in WW2 was to prevent further killing as the US was contemplating and planning an invasion of the Japanese mainland . Untold numbers of soldiers from both sides of the conflict were spared as well as untold numbers of Japanese men.women, and children who were non-combatants. When the US goes to war, the situation is complicated by having to achieve a favorable outcome as directed by America;s senior command as well as minimizing civilian casualties and damage to infrastructure.
Grizz

United States

#37790 Feb 11, 2013
uber liberal wrote:
95% of Americans see that it's far morfe beneficial to be allies and friends with Iran that it is to be puppets and servants of Israel.
Americans are finally waking up, they see that the US has basically trash talked Iran for almost 3 decades, just like the US did with Cuba.
But these countries are countries of peace and prosperity while Israel is the terrorist state.
Americans firmly believe that it is in our country's best interest to be at peace with Iran and Cubs and to sever our ties with Israel.
I speak for all Americans
For one thing you don't speak for me nor do you for 95% of Americans that wish to be friends with or Allies with a terrorist nation or its leader who is hell bent on destroying Israel. You must serve alliance to this Impostor Obama whose real name is Barry Soetoro and not a U.S. citizen. Over 50% of Americans never voted for this fraud and we most certainly back Israel not Iran. I suggest you getting your Visa and move to Iran if you wish to be friends. Be one week there and you would be crying to come back ti the U.S.
Grizz

United States

#37791 Feb 11, 2013
All Muslims and Arabs are the unlawful occupiers of Israel. It is documented and proved that the one true G-d of Israel gave all that land to the Jews. Israel will never be defeated nor destroyed ever again. Almost all the prophecy in the Bible and the Jewish bible has become 100% to pass with not one failing to do so. It is the G-d of Israel in that day of the Battle of Gog and Magog when the only true G-d of Israel will set his feet on the Mount of Olives to split it and literally will turn Russia, Syria, Turkey, Iran and Egypt into waste lands along with any county that has opposed the Jews. I ask you where is your Islam god that you pray to for him to destroy Israel? Where is he and why has he not destroyed Israel as you ask him? Because there only but one G-d. That is the G-d of Israel and your history shows that when the Jewish G-d fought for them in ancient times you were all defeated and driven out. This time the war to come in the valley of Meggido, the G-d of Israel will meter his judgement upon you all and then you will realize who the true G-d is.
jim

Modesto, CA

#37792 Feb 11, 2013
Grizz wrote:
All Muslims and Arabs are the unlawful occupiers of Israel. It is documented and proved that the one true G-d of Israel gave all that land to the Jews. Israel will never be defeated nor destroyed ever again. Almost all the prophecy in the Bible and the Jewish bible has become 100% to pass with not one failing to do so. It is the G-d of Israel in that day of the Battle of Gog and Magog when the only true G-d of Israel will set his feet on the Mount of Olives to split it and literally will turn Russia, Syria, Turkey, Iran and Egypt into waste lands along with any county that has opposed the Jews. I ask you where is your Islam god that you pray to for him to destroy Israel? Where is he and why has he not destroyed Israel as you ask him? Because there only but one G-d. That is the G-d of Israel and your history shows that when the Jewish G-d fought for them in ancient times you were all defeated and driven out. This time the war to come in the valley of Meggido, the G-d of Israel will meter his judgement upon you all and then you will realize who the true G-d is.
Grizz Man Im Really Proud of You, the truth really gets these muzzies, keep up the Good work
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37795 Feb 12, 2013
Advocate wrote:
01. Arabs and Jews are Semites because they're from the SAME family. This is why the term was coined in Europe deriving from anti-semites who were against Jews having a presence in European society on the grounds that as Semites they didn't deserve such a position...

02. The US falls under international meddling and exerting too much control over the world, but the US government as such cannot be classified as a "Christian terrorist" organization because it represents the COUNTRY, not the religion...

03.And yes, I actually chose my username after the movie, not the phrase though. I didn't choose it because I liked it though, the username came to me because I was impressed with how much the movie managed to scare me.
Ans.

01. Even though Arabs are as Semite as any Blue Blooded Jews, they were "never" regarded same and Jews in any age in any country of the Europe.!!

I am sure that no one in Europe even "knew" that Arabs are also Semite when they coined this "Anti Semitism" thing, other wise they would have selected another term.

02. US is not by definition a Christian country or a Terrorist country, most of its people are fair minded and will not know injustice.

But they have one "serious flaw"…. They have "childlike faith" on their Leaders and their Media.

If you know how to manipulate them, you can override the view of population and get done what you want.

03. Jews / Zionists by controlling Media and Political Leaders are able to control US and use its power and voice to meet their own agenda.

Most people in US might not even know that "Federal Reserve" has nothing to do with the US Govt. It is a cartel of Jews controlled Bank that control the US Monetary System.

04. So there is always a Pro Jew and Pro Isreal bias in most of US actions and this undoes whatever good / humanitarian work they do in the word.

If you do one bad deed, it may overshadow your dozens of good deeds.

05. What we need or expect from US is to have a balanced approach and do not become a "Zealot supporter" of any country in the world.

Why should a US president or Presidential candidate should "pledge themselves for Safety and Security" of Isreal?

Does it look reasonable or logical?

What US Presidential election has to do with the safety and security of Isreal?

Would any US president make the same statement regarding their other "most trusted allies" like Japan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar?

06. Your name Advocate should reflect your unbiased attitude, some some how it is "highly tilted" in favour of Isreal / Jews / Zionists, just like USA s~~
Happy Anniversary 1913

Dalton, MA

#37796 Feb 12, 2013
They have poisoned and sucked the fruit dry here in America. Getting away with it forever.
Time to put the other shoe on and kick them across the pond to Britain, Ashkezar, or wherever the hell it is they wish to lay claim. But not here for you have ruined the blood of this sacred land starting with the Indians.
Lest we forget!
Smiley

Concord, CA

#37797 Feb 12, 2013
Iran And its counter part Palestine will not ever Win against the Isrealies or its people . God and their so called sucide bombing god chose his people along time ago and you are not entitled to a Birth right. The promise was not made to Palestine or Iranian people. Isreal will wipe the earth of its thorn in its side , soon. The plan is in place to send a EMP to knock all communication out then the bombing starts and Iran goes in to the dark ages . Sucide and terrorist acts won't help , cowardly people revert to that. Iran has been bombed 40x and doesn't even know it. The govt. is weak and know Our God will not allow Isreal ever to Fall. Idiots. Peace to isreal and death to all who oppose Gods people.
The Worlds Biggest Lie

Dalton, MA

#37798 Feb 12, 2013
Ya killed your own boy lad and heed not his word of God over money. It is that greed, that arrogance, that subversion and decadence that you hold in such high praise to poison the world. No God would want any part of such moral and spiritual corruption. The federal reserve bank, the fed, the balfour dec, the ss act, and so many other treasons has led to the poisoning and death of hundreds of millions of people along with the earth that is mother nature. You are now placing children legally with homosexuals. One of the greatest acts of dishonor to mother and father.
You people have no honor but for your own.
Expel and isolate. The world will be a better place.
Putin for President.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

#37799 Feb 12, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. Even though Arabs are as Semite as any Blue Blooded Jews, they were "never" regarded same and Jews in any age in any country of the Europe.!!
I am sure that no one in Europe even "knew" that Arabs are also Semite when they coined this "Anti Semitism" thing, other wise they would have selected another term.
02. US is not by definition a Christian country or a Terrorist country, most of its people are fair minded and will not know injustice.
But they have one "serious flaw"…. They have "childlike faith" on their Leaders and their Media.
If you know how to manipulate them, you can override the view of population and get done what you want.
03. Jews / Zionists by controlling Media and Political Leaders are able to control US and use its power and voice to meet their own agenda.
Most people in US might not even know that "Federal Reserve" has nothing to do with the US Govt. It is a cartel of Jews controlled Bank that control the US Monetary System.
04. So there is always a Pro Jew and Pro Isreal bias in most of US actions and this undoes whatever good / humanitarian work they do in the word.
If you do one bad deed, it may overshadow your dozens of good deeds.
05. What we need or expect from US is to have a balanced approach and do not become a "Zealot supporter" of any country in the world.
Why should a US president or Presidential candidate should "pledge themselves for Safety and Security" of Isreal?
Does it look reasonable or logical?
What US Presidential election has to do with the safety and security of Isreal?
Would any US president make the same statement regarding their other "most trusted allies" like Japan, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar?
06. Your name Advocate should reflect your unbiased attitude, some some how it is "highly tilted" in favour of Isreal / Jews / Zionists, just like USA s~~
You do realise the term was chosen because Arabs and Jews are from the same genetic and ethnic groups? I've repeated that several times over, though I don't know why you want to claim otherwise.

And I do think it's unfair to say that "Jews control the media" with no quantifiable evidence to point out other than a list of SOME CEOs, never mind that the news outlets that show certain stances have much more to do with political views than religion. Who would you trust more in the media, regardless of religion; a conservative or a liberal?

And I honestly cannot fathom why you consider yourself unbiased. I respond because you do not post out of any political conviction in regards to Zionism, but out of racism. Just because I have a Zionist outlook does not mean I do not support a Palestinian state or the like, you just immediately assume that. It's poor critical thinking and even worse analysis. Zionism is automatically evil in your mind despite never once considering that it's just another form of nationalism; like nay other form of nationalism, it has its pros and cons. Or the fact that the vast majority of Zionists in Israel hold left leaning policies in regards to social and ethnic issues. Zionism is seen between the left and the right, so but of course you can see there will be a contrasts.

As supporters of progressivist economics and sociopolitical development I can certainly give you an example of a party my family readily supports (though I'm not excited with how little seats it won because of Likud interference)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meretz
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#37800 Feb 12, 2013
Grizz wrote:
01All Muslims and Arabs are the unlawful occupiers of Israel. It is documented and proved that the one true G-d of Israel gave all that land to the Jews.

02. Israel will never be defeated nor destroyed ever again.

03. Almost all the prophecy in the Bible and the Jewish bible has become 100% to pass with not one failing to do so.

04. It is the G-d of Israel in that day of the Battle of Gog and Magog when the only true G-d of Israel will set his feet on the Mount of Olives to split it and literally will turn Russia, Syria, Turkey, Iran and Egypt into waste lands along with any county that has opposed the Jews.

05. I ask you where is your Islam god that you pray to for him to destroy Israel? Where is he and why has he not destroyed Israel as you ask him? Because there only but one G-d. That is the G-d of Israel and your history shows that when the Jewish G-d fought for them in ancient times you were all defeated and driven out.

06. This time the war to come in the valley of Meggido, the G-d of Israel will meter his judgement upon you all and then you will realize who the true G-d is.
Ans.

01. Please show us where it is documented that God gave the lands of Palestine to Israel? And how come Jews had possession of that land for a very few years in the past 4000 years? Is that how God of Isreal makes Promises?

02. What would you say about so many defeats that Isreal had suffered in the past 4000 years? How come you Christians are “pitching” for Jews who killed your own God and Son of God and One Third of Holy Trinity?

03. Bible prophesies has become a Big Buck Business, what happened to the one that said that End of World shall come on May 21, 2012?

04. Why did not you said that bit about Russia when USSR was existing? Were you scared shit? And now USSR has gone, you are including Russia into it? What will happen to millions of Russian Orthodox Christians? Will they be also destroyed by Isreal? What about Jews and Christians living in Syra, Turkey, Iran and Egypt?

What about Coptic Christians of Egypt? They also would be killed by Israel?

05. There is no separate Islamic God and Christian God and Jewish God and Hindu God. God Almighty is one and same whom every one worships.

He is testing Muslims as He was testing Jews for past 2000 years. Where was Israel’s God when Hitler was gassing those 6 million Jews? What short memory you have?

06. Pray tell us where is the valley of Meggido? Is it another name for Tel Aviv?

Boy, I have yet to see some more brainwashed person than you!!
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#37801 Feb 12, 2013
-

Euphemisms Away!
A World in Which Truth is a Dying Species

By Gaither Stewart

November 02, 2012 "Information Clearing House" - Rome - Hidden away somewhere within the labyrinth of the Pentagon there must be a top secret euphemism department engaged in the invention of the Orwellian surrogate words that have crept surreptitiously into the American English vocabulary and from there translated into many other languages. In my mind I see a unit of studiously serious executives, coffee mugs in their hands and their neckties awry, devising senseless terms for terrible things and used unthinkingly by people today from New York to California, from Maine to Texas.

The goal of my imaginary secret unit is to render ugly terms meaningless or to transform them into their opposite. To quote the perceptive Scottish writer, Candia McWilliam,“plain words are always under threat.” There are words that don’t say what they mean and there are words that say what they don’t mean.

Intensified or enhanced interrogation sounds oh so much more genteel than the hideous word TORTURE. Collateral damage goes down quite well instead of the savage bombing and strafing of a funeral procession or a wedding party. Military leaders themselves have come to love the suggestive word “footprints” to indicate the evidence of America’s powerful presence throughout the world:“We were here and we leave this little sign with you.” A little footprint, maybe a fleet of super bombers or Predator drones.

The point to keep in mind is that the names of things, issues, objects of life change, but the substance of the object itself remains—torture will always be torture, no matter what the gnomes propose and the media parrot.

Today, though generally unknown among the public, the relatively new term,“lily pad”, is making its way forward to describe not that beautiful manifestation of nature but the new version of America’s over 1000 military bases and garrisons spreading across some 150 countries of planet Earth. You can always count on those Pentagon gnomes. They regularly come up with something new. It remains unclear however if they first invent the terms and the military executes their implications or if the military experiments with a new lethal strategy and the gnomes then give it a purified label.

In the case of the “lily pad”, this linguistic version of the sheep in wolf’s clothing, was allegedly conceived to spread the U.S. footprint into every corner of our planet and to make military bases more effective and comprehensive while giving the impression that the government is both protecting “our way of life”, while also saving taxpayer money—money then used for more weapons and the hiring of more mercenaries and for payoffs to eager satraps of the Empire’s vassal states; some nations, peoples, and even minor empires can be more easily bought than subdued militarily.

WHAT IS A MILITARY LILY PAD?

Nature’s lily pad is a floating leaf of the white water lily family. The scientific name of lily pad is nymphaea odorata. You might see a bullfrog sitting on a lily pad in a pond. The lily pad does not sink under its weight. The giant water lily, victoria amazonica, has the world’s biggest lily pad, up to four feet, which can support the weight of several people at once. The lily pad lies tranquilly on the surface of the pond, offering both refuge and camouflage for the frog, protecting it from predators. The lily pad fits in with its natural surroundings, as does the frog.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cleaning all type of black and green money by p... 22 hr Dr Abdullah Saleh 5
why Iranian guys are impulsive and sweet talker? (Jan '12) Tue Moosh 78
why do people hate Saudis and Saudi Arabia? (May '14) Dec 15 Smith 4
Today Damascus, Soon, Khuzestan Dec 14 Cotizen 1
a No 'oil for goods' agreement signed with Russ... Dec 12 Kar 1
Iranians Brave Floggings andEven Execution to E... Dec 12 Kar 1
UN must play real role in Syria crisis: Iran di... Dec 12 Kar 1
More from around the web