Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says

Full story: Worcester Telegram & Gazette

TEHRAN, Iran- Iran's hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad yesterday said the world would witness the destruction of Israel soon, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported.

Comments (Page 1,627)

Showing posts 32,521 - 32,540 of36,112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

w wman uk wrote:
<quoted text> egypt will show how the murhmna governs already morsi is preparing to assume the roll of supreme arseholla if he and the murhumna party can get away with it. I do admire the courage of the people making a stand against him. They run the risk of proper torture not water play as carried out in getmo. Who are you to state what we actully need keep it to yourself next thimg your be saying allah has told me that an islamic goverment is all we need to put things right. Thats funny hitler said the same thing only he wanted a nazi goverment. What do you think the idlogical differances are between nazis and islamofachiests are? Does allah talk to the prophet mug?
You do not admire the courage of people for standing out against Israel and its oppressive army?

Why this double standard?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

-

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/arti...

Children Who Sell Themselves

By SONIA FALEIRO

September 10, 2012 "New York Times" ---- PATNA, INDIA — While investigating child labor in India last month for a book, I found myself in the northern state of Bihar, an established source of children for trafficking networks.

Here, alongside the expected stories of abduction, I heard of another unexpected and heartbreaking path to servitude. Children as young as 10 had begun to directly offer themselves to traffickers because they could no longer go hungry.

I met 14-year-old Arun Kumar, who told me of his experience.

Kumar lives with his uncle and two younger siblings in Amni village, a day’s journey by bus from Patna, the Bihar state capital.

Two days before we met, Kumar had been returned home by a local nonprofit organization, supported by Save the Children, from a rice mill in the state of Haryana, where he had been working 18-hour days, seven days a week. He had been paid 800 rupees (a bit less than $20) a month.

On a rare day, he said, a machine would break down and the workers would be shooed out for a “holiday.”“I’d walk to the next village about an hour away,” he said,“to buy biscuits.”

The nonprofit organization first entreated, then threatened the factory owner with a noisy protest outside his mill.“I paid for him,” the owner argued, before finally releasing Kumar.

This was not the first time the organization sprang Kumar — he had been brought home from a another rice mill last year. The police were not approached either time, since it’s understood that they’re paid off by traffickers.

When I asked Kumar who had sent him to the mill, he said:“No one. I went because I wanted to.”

Kumar told me that although his uncle worked, there was not enough money for more than one one meal a day.

Better-off families in Amni eat twice a day. The village has never had electricity, running water or land to cultivate. There are no opportunities for education or employment, and the upper-caste families in the neighboring village routinely coopt government provisions meant to alleviate the grim, hard lives of Amni’s lower-caste Dalit families.

Poverty has traditionally fed child labor. India has an estimated 17 million child laborers, many of whom are visible in roadside restaurants, bakeries and car repair shops. Urban Indians assume that these children are either locals sent to work by their parents to earn a little extra cash, or runaways.

The truth is that a many of them are trafficked through massive networks. The poverty of the country, the children’s needs, the public’s blind eye and the profits of this illegal trade afford these networks immunity from India’s child labor laws.

(Contd.)
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

The networks pay middlemen to find victims not just in the urban sprawls of cities like Delhi or Haryana, where child laborers are in high demand for work in mills, factories and private homes, but in far-off towns and villages where poverty pushes people to the brink. Because recruiters are so numerous, children like Kumar can approach them on their own, sometimes without even their parents knowing.

Kumar knew life in Amni had no promise, but the fact that he simply did not have enough to eat led him to seek what he called a “labor contractor.” He spoke to a few people who’d made it all the way to Haryana and back, a distance of over 22 hours by train. They were all children between the ages of 10 and 15; like him, they all believed they needed to work to survive.

Even though child labor laws prohibit the employment of children under 14, the contractor not only hired Kumar on the spot, but also gave him an advance of 1,000 rupees ($20). That’s a small fortune for a hungry village child, and almost a month’s wages for an adult manual laborer.

Kumar soon learned that he was being paid much less than adults for the same work at the mill, and that some of the tasks he was assigned, such as operating heavy machinery, were dangerous. This was also a violation of the law. But he said he was grateful for the opportunity.

The fact that he was made to return home against his wishes not once but twice doesn’t perturb Kumar. The activists of the nonprofit must follow their conscience, he believes. But then, so must he.

“When the vegetables run out,” Kumar says.“We eat plain rotis”— an unleavened bread.“And when the rotis run out I will return to work.”

Sonia Faleiro is the author of “Beautiful Thing: Inside the Secret World of Bombay’s Dance Bars.”
w wman uk

Bradford, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not admire the courage of people for standing out against Israel and its oppressive army?
Why this double standard?
The fact is that they are the palistinian youth who have had their spirit courupted by the gangsta leadership. The people l admire are the palistinians who have the great courage to speak out against the hammas and hezz leadership and swim against the ride of hatred.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

-

Attack "Imminent."
Report: Documents Disclose 9/11 Warnings

By Matt Vasilogambros

September 11, 2012 "Yahoo News" -- Documents show the U.S. was given more warnings about potential terrorist attacks in the weeks leading up to 9/11, writes Vanity Fair contributing editor Kurt Eichenwald in a New York Times op-ed.

The documents predate the presidential daily briefing on Aug. 6, 2001, which said,“Bin Laden Determined to Strike in U.S.”

“The administration’s reaction to what Mr. Bush was told in the weeks before that infamous briefing reflected significantly more negligence than has been disclosed,” he wrote.“In other words, the Aug. 6 document, for all of the controversy it provoked, is not nearly as shocking as the briefs that came before it.”

The direct warnings to Bush, he writes, date back to the spring of 2001. On May 1, the CIA told the White House that there was “a group presently in the United States” that was planning an attack. On June 22, a daily briefing described the attack as "imminent." Administration officials, however, dismissed the warnings, saying that Osama bin Laden was merely feigning an attack to distract the U.S. from efforts against Saddam Hussein in Iraq.

“Intelligence officials, these sources said, protested that the idea of Bin Laden, an Islamic fundamentalist, conspiring with Mr. Hussein, an Iraqi secularist, was ridiculous, but the neoconservatives’ suspicions were nevertheless carrying the day,” Eichenwald wrote.“In response, the CIA prepared an analysis that all but pleaded with the White House to accept that the danger from Bin Laden was real.”

Briefings on June 29, July 1, and July 24 carried similar warnings. On July 9, Eichenwald writes, one official suggested staff members of the CIA Counterterrorism Center “put in for a transfer so that somebody else would be responsible when the attack took place.”

“[The Bush administration] got this information and they weren't looking at it in the context of here's this huge threat that's developed,” Eichenwald said on MSNBC’s Morning Joe.“Look at what the Pentagon said,‘What's the nation state that's backing them? Oh, we think it's Iraq.’ And so, it was a frame of mind that was not unreasonable for them to have because they hadn't been getting the intelligence until very recently about the evolution and change of al-Qaida.”

Eichenwald, however, was criticized by former New York Gov. George Pataki, a Republican, for writing the piece.

“I think this is incredibly unfortunate,” he said on Morning Joe, adding that, "I think is incredibly unfair and a disservice to history.”

Eichenwald wrote a book,“500 Days: Secrets and Lies in the Terror Wars,” describing the intelligence briefings and actions taken by the Bush administration before and after the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Democracy no doubt has many good points, but it has fatal flaws in it, since it disregards Divine Guidance.
A controlled democracy is what we actually need and that is what is provided in islam.
A democracy which re-elects GWB the Great and Tony Blair has some fatal flaws in it.
A democracy in which "majority" votes for invasion of Iraq in 2003 has some fatal flaws in it.
And nobody in your country is thinking about how to rectify those flaws, are they?
Why only in KSA, even in USA I could be arrested and sent to GITMO if I say I am a member of Al Qaeda and praise Osama bin Laden!!
This is a very flawed argument. I do not think you even allow yourself to argue without using religious terms and arguments. Religion is never a viable basis for discussion; if you want to debate based on epistemological/deontological terms or even attempt something based on morals/ethics, and THEN you will start making more sense.
Live Love and Laugh

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

If one's religion leads to intolerance, hatred and war, then what good is it? Over the course of a thousand years, more people have been killed in the name of religion then any other cause. That is disturbing and sad. The evil that men do, may one day destroy us all. Hopefully some day, man will put aside his greed and lust for power so there will be no need for any more wars. Will man ever find true peace; or are we destined to be forever violent?
w wman uk

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You always like "traitors" like "Sir" Salman Rushdie and their likes!!
That is your problem , if you were dealing with the "mainstream" Muslims, then it would have been different thing.
You are living in a dream world and not in a real world!!
Dealing with a "handful of people" is always much easier than to deal with the overwhelming majority of people.
Why answer with a foolish lie. Salman rushdie was just a fool grandstanding he knew full well what he was doing and the murhmna everywhere reacted as perdicted. As members of the religion of permenant offence would do they jumped up and down burned flags managed to kill a few people it was oh so islamic. Why the shite rusdie was ever given a knighthood l dont know there are many many more deserving people. Why do muslims present no problems untill the get above 5% of population the larger the % the more troubles.
how much you paying i hav

Trenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

never
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
01. I do not know why are you so allergic to religious terms to be used in any discussion.
02 And I see no reason to avoid discussing religions, when it is the thing on which most people are ready to give up their lives. Why would you want to avoid discussing something that precious to you?
And what do you mean by these "heavy weight" terms like "Epistemological and deontological"….. do you think that by talking in "Doctoral language" will bring us closer to each other?
Is making your language unintelligible a "better" way to have discussions?
03. I think you are moving in "High Class literary circles" a lot of lately. It is time you come down to earth and start speaking in human language for a change.
"Allergic?" No, I just think you fail to understand that religious thought is very skewed and not of objective at all and only caters to a specific set of people; the ideas of a Sikh will be different than the ideas of a Lutheran, and thus they are unable to judge each other w/out bias on their own terms precisely because those terms only favour a certain set of people. If we wish to be ibjective then we do away with religious judgement.

What do you mean by "unintelligible?" You've access to a computer, and you can look these up on the internet. These are not necessarily "high class" terms, but are actually rather basic philosophical criterions and bases.

How can you expect to debate me if you do not know the fundamentals of philosophy?
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

-

The Method to the Post 9/11 Madness

By David Swanson

September 11, 2012 "Information Clearing House" -- To your average educated careful consumer of U.S. news media, our militarism looks like ad hoc reactionary responses. A crisis flairs up here. We “intervene” there. An irrational foreign dictator threatens the peace over yonder. We get into wars because we have no choice, and then continue them because ending them would be somehow even worse than continuing them.

In fact, there is a method to the madness. I don’t mean just the pressure that President Eisenhower warned us would be created by massive military spending. I mean that the war planners have planned far ahead. They have lists of upcoming wars.(In 2001, according toWesley Clark the Pentagon sought wars in the coming years with Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, and Iran. Tony Blair independently confirmed a similar list.) They invent the public excuses for those wars as the need arises. The actual motivations are not humanitarian, but driven by a crazed desire to dominate the world’s economies, waterways, and fossil fuels.

The papers of the 1990s pro-war think tank, the Project for the New American Century, fit with and explain what the United States and NATO and their allies have done for the past 11 years far better than President Bush’s speech given on the wreckage of the World Trade Center or anything announced by the White House right up through President Obama’s latest campaign speeches this week.

A new book called “The Globalization of NATO” by Mahdi Darius Nazemroaya traces the development of NATO, from a supposedly defensive and North Atlantic organization, into an aggressive and global one, albeit one with some deep internal rivalries and tensions.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

-

The Method to the Post 9/11 Madness

By David Swanson

World War II never ended. The Nazi scientists were brought to the United States to continue developing weapons. Secret forces were left behind, within European governments (“Gladio” is the well-known name of the force in Italy), where they killed and lied in support of right-leaning governments for decades, and in support of NATO’s strength and unity.

“The Globalization of NATO” looks not only at NATO’s 1990s wars in Yugoslavia, but at the U.S. machinations during the 1980s that led to conflict there. As Nazemroaya notes, in 2009, the U.S. eagerly pointed out that the language of Moldova is essentially Romanian, but had when useful in the 1990s tried to claim that the Serbo-Croatian of Bosnia was a different language from the Serbo-Croatian of Serbia. Such claims, like outrage at human rights abuses in Syria and Iran but not in Bahrain or Saudi Arabia, are opportunistic.

When U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright learned of a massacre in a Kosovan village, Racak, she delightedly exclaimed,“Spring has come early!” NATO was able to begin its campaign of “humanitarian wars” with massive bombing of civilians. But the enemy wasn’t the people of Yugoslavia. The enemies were Russia and China and Iran. They are the enemies today. In 1999, NATO bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade, and that same Wesley Clark ordered British and French troops to attack the Russian military. Luckily, those troops refused that order, not wanting to be pawns in a game that risky.

World domination means controlling nations like Iraq and Libya, and placing bases and pipelines in places like Afghanistan, where they could benefit the West but hurt Russia, China, and Iran. It also means expanding Europe, NATO, and the European Union, to control the entire Mediterranean (which is how Lebanon and Syria become key targets). It means controlling the Arctic with Canada’s help. It means weaponizing outerspace. It means dominating Africa. It means surrounding Russia and China with missiles, bases, and ships, prepared to cut off their trade. It means imposing as much suffering as possible on the Iranian people. It means redefining sociopathic acts as rational inevitabilities.

Obama’s turn toward Asia, and all the new bases and troops popping up in Australia, Guam, South Korea, and Japan, began before and will continue after Obama. It is part of a strategy to surround China. It is driving a new arms race and new tensions. While China’s military spending is still only about a tenth of the U.S.’s, it has grown four-fold in recent years. The arms race has carried over to the Middle East as well, with the United States tripling its sales of weapons to foreign dictatorships last year. All of which is great for weapons makers. It’s also part of the madness of the method behind our militarism.

Which is not to say that everything goes as planned. Military operations accurately label themselves with the term “SNAFU”, and pockets of resistance have been known to spring up and grow rapidly. Ecuador and other Latin American nations, as well as Uzbekistan and other Central Asian nations, have found the strength to tell NATO to head on back to the North Atlantic. The Non-Aligned Nations representing the majority of the people on earth just met in Iran and proposed, among other things, plans for total nuclear disarmament. Perhaps the aligned nations should join the non-aligned nations in more ways than one. Perhaps the institution of NATO should join nuclear weaponry on the pile of bad ideas whose time has come and gone.
http://davidswanson.org
w wman uk

Erith, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
You might be the "Only One" to know the Truth Behind Salman Rushdie…. While every one from your country was on street to demand that "he be protected and treated like a precious jewel".
Now that he has served his worth, you are trying to disown them. And the same attitude is seen every time when some one starts abusing Islam and its prophet.
You should ask your "Lords" why Salman Rushdie was made "Your Lord"!!
Even a single true Muslim is a threat to any country, because the forces of falsehood cannot withstand even the slightest truth!!
The more the falsehood, the stronger are they to extinguish the flame of truth.
rushdi wrote shitanic verses years ago you havent mentioned this fool before are you runing out of thing to be outraged about ? Its islam that cant take critisizim some muslims have such little faith they feel threatened by a book or a cartoon. That they have to take time off from beating their wives to show their sencative side and riot burn cars do the death to America thing oh how islamic of them.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

w wman uk wrote:
<quoted text> rushdi wrote shitanic verses years ago you havent mentioned this fool before are you runing out of thing to be outraged about ? Its islam that cant take critisizim some muslims have such little faith they feel threatened by a book or a cartoon. That they have to take time off from beating their wives to show their sencative side and riot burn cars do the death to America thing oh how islamic of them.
Using foul language is not which is called criticism. Making cartoons and lampooning someone's personality is not what is called criticism.

It shows the meanness of your personality and that you have no respect to the feelings of other's faiths.

And the people who defend such acts show their own meanness of personality. Instead of condemning such people they come in the defense of such people.

We Muslims also criticise Christians and their beliefs, but we stay within the civil limits. We do not say anything about Jesus that lowers his dignity as a prophet.

It seems you are still a toddler in the field as to how to carry out a civil debate or discussion with any one.

You can see the type of language you use and they type of language I use. They can see belligerence and boasts and insulting attitude in your posts and calmness and patience and perseverance in mine posts.

And while I am not the best example of how Muslims should conduct debate and discussions.

Our religion teaches us to never go to extremes neither in love nor in hate. Stay on the middle path. This is golden rule.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

-

The Day That Didn't Change A Thing

By Michael Robeson

September 11, 2012 "Information Clearing House" -- Are Norwegians weird, or what? Seventy-seven of them get massacred by a killer who gets a prison term of only 21 years and they don't take to the streets in protest, even when their president, without a drop of machismo, says: "The bomb and bullets were aimed at changing Norway. The Norwegian people responded by embracing our values. The killer failed, the people won." What kind of boring values do Norwegians share? And what do they have against change?

Seventy-seven Norwegians may sound like chump change compared with the almost 3,000 Americans that died on the day that changed everything forever and ever Amen. But for Norway's 7 million people, last year's attacks killed proportionately more of them than the number of Americans killed on September 11, 2001. Norwegian politicians are not climbing over themselves demanding stricter national-security measures and citizens have not been Tea Partying in the streets crying for vengeance and clamoring for the death penalty. Those long winters must bleed the hot-bloodedness out of them.

In the US, "change" was the codeword of that day in 2001 and has become a political mantra ever since. Ehud Barak, former prime minister of Israel and now defense minister, got the ball rolling that morning when, interviewed on the British Broadcasting Corp, he announced: "The world will not be the same from today on ... This is the time to deploy a globally concerted effort ... against all sources of terror, consistently along six or 10 years ... Iran, Iraq, Libya."

It is not for us to discuss whether Barak was an all-seeing prophet or an all-powerful proponent. US president George W Bush, with his ear to the ground, followed up on his advice and kept to the message of "change is good", apart from encouraging Americans not to lose sight of their values, which involved his telling them to keep shopping.

Some things just can't be changed; and Barack Obama's presidency, promoted by his catchy campaign slogan, shows that the more things change, the more they remain insane.

(Contd.)
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Using foul language is not which is called criticism. Making cartoons and lampooning someone's personality is not what is called criticism.
It shows the meanness of your personality and that you have no respect to the feelings of other's faiths.
And the people who defend such acts show their own meanness of personality. Instead of condemning such people they come in the defense of such people.
We Muslims also criticise Christians and their beliefs, but we stay within the civil limits. We do not say anything about Jesus that lowers his dignity as a prophet.
It seems you are still a toddler in the field as to how to carry out a civil debate or discussion with any one.
You can see the type of language you use and they type of language I use. They can see belligerence and boasts and insulting attitude in your posts and calmness and patience and perseverance in mine posts.
And while I am not the best example of how Muslims should conduct debate and discussions.
Our religion teaches us to never go to extremes neither in love nor in hate. Stay on the middle path. This is golden rule.
Wait, are you saying Muslim extremists don't exist? The what do you call Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, Hamas and the like? Don't they say that their actions are backed by God?

Why criticise Christian extremists for their beliefs but refuse to criticism Muslim extremists for their views? Aren't they essentially the same?
w wman uk

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Where did I say that Muslim extremists do not exist?
But what I do not like is people only picking out Muslim extremists and leave out their own extremists.
Islamic teachings are never towards extremism. If any one says that, do not just accept their claims on face value, ask them to come with proofs.
That is how you deal with extremists.
But what your media does, is to take these extremists and present them as "typical and Average Muslims" and then start maligning Islam and its scripture and its prophet.
This is totally wrong approach.
Why do we have mosques preaching hate in the Uk imported islofachiest imans from pakistan entreating the youth to jehasd telling the not to vote or they will be considered a kafhar. A good man l know who is strict as far as his religion is concerned will not worship in croyden mosque because as he put it there are dity people there. You seem to know nothimg of the world only what the iman has rodgered into you. Everyone would have more respect for you if you were honest and admit the flaws in islam every religion has them because the holy scripts were writen and translated by men and as we all know man is not perfect.
w wman uk

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
-
By Michael Robeson
September 11, 2012 "Information Clearing House" -- Are Norwegians weird, or what? Seventy-seven of them get massacred by a killer who gets a prison term of only 21 years and they don't take to the streets in protest, even when their president, without a drop of machismo, says: "The bomb and bullets were aimed at changing Norway. The Norwegian people responded by embracing our values. The killer failed, the people won." What kind of boring values do Norwegians share? And what do they have against change?
Seventy-seven Norwegians may sound like chump change compared with the almost 3,000 Americans that died on the day that changed everything forever and ever Amen. But for Norway's 7 million people, last year's attacks killed proportionately more of them than the number of Americans killed on September 11, 2001. Norwegian politicians are not climbing over themselves demanding stricter national-security measures and citizens have not been Tea Partying in the streets crying for vengeance and clamoring for the death penalty. Those long winters must bleed the hot-bloodedness out of them.
In the US, "change" was the codeword of that day in 2001 and has become a political mantra ever since. Ehud Barak, former prime minister of Israel and now defense minister, got the ball rolling that morning when, interviewed on the British Broadcasting Corp, he announced: "The world will not be the same from today on ... This is the time to deploy a globally concerted effort ... against all sources of terror, consistently along six or 10 years ... Iran, Iraq, Libya."
It is not for us to discuss whether Barak was an all-seeing prophet or an all-powerful proponent. US president George W Bush, with his ear to the ground, followed up on his advice and kept to the message of "change is good", apart from encouraging Americans not to lose sight of their values, which involved his telling them to keep shopping.
Some things just can't be changed; and Barack Obama's presidency, promoted by his catchy campaign slogan, shows that the more things change, the more they remain insane.
(Contd.)
More cut an paste from the admonished but unrepentant muslim.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2012

Judged:

-

By Michael Robeson

Though apparently not in Norway. Anders Breivik, the terrorist killer of 77 people, 69 of them teenagers, was found by court physicians to be legally sane, a title that Bush and Obama can also give claim to. Unlike them, Breivik was given by his captors his day in court, something the citadel of democratic values did not see fit to give Osama bin Laden and his alleged associates.

Unlike bin Laden, though, Breivik is a citizen of Norway and retains certain rights despite being an enemy of its values. One cannot expect all Western nations to accord such niceties to citizens considered to be enemies, such as the Muslim American teenage who was droned by President Obama in Pakistan this year. But we are not here concerned about things like values in the context of politics, especially not in an election year when Americans have so much to worry about with the decline of their property values.

A few days after the Breivik verdict, an Israeli religious leader arrived at his own verdict regarding his nation's "Islamofascist" enemies. Shas party Rabbi Ovadia Yosef called on Jews to pray for the destruction of Iran - "When we say 'may our enemies be struck down' on Rosh Hashana, it shall be directed at Iran, the evil ones who threaten Israel. God shall strike them down and kill them." Haaretz reports that the rabbi had earlier been visited by senior Israeli defense officials, persuading him to support a possible attack on Iran.

No verdict has yet been reached by the rabbi, though, on that week's attack by a gang of more than a hundred Israelis on four Arab youths in broad daylight in downtown Jerusalem. The Jewish media strangely referred to it as an "attempted lynching", anything to avoid a more fitting term - "pogrom" - and this in a country that has seen scores of "settler" attacks on Palestinians in the past year and calling them "payback", payback against them in retaliation for Israeli government actions against the "settlers". Can anyone say "Ebreofascism"?

(Contd.)
The Advocate

Mexico, Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
Where did I say that Muslim extremists do not exist?
But what I do not like is people only picking out Muslim extremists and leave out their own extremists.
Islamic teachings are never towards extremism. If any one says that, do not just accept their claims on face value, ask them to come with proofs.
That is how you deal with extremists.
But what your media does, is to take these extremists and present them as "typical and Average Muslims" and then start maligning Islam and its scripture and its prophet.
This is totally wrong approach.
Ehem.

I think you are ignoring that every religion has liberal, neutral, and extremist positions. Extremists are able to quote from any kind of Scripture for a reason.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 32,521 - 32,540 of36,112
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Iran Forum right now

Search the Iran Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Iranian Leader Ahmadinejad Jets Into Zimbabwe T... (Apr '10) 2 hr Haj 3,725
iran vs turkey - who would win? (Dec '12) 3 hr mr xj 68
H.E. Ambassador Farhad Sepahbody, Iranian Diplo... 13 hr cyrus sepahbody 1
As Syria civil war grinds on, rebels losing ground 20 hr Sarah 2
Homosexuality in Iran (Jul '13) Apr 17 w wmanuk 28
Iran protests UN ambassador ban to United Nations Apr 15 Jeff Brightone 1
Essay: Why does Iran want nuclear weapons? Apr 14 SHIRO 1
•••
•••