Tenz

Uxbridge, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2012

Well Gurkhas have fought In Japan, Argentina, Afganisthan, Delhi, Kargil, China. The achievements does not stop. Winning every battle. WHat are you on about?
james

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

well dude I know pretty well about religious issues about gurkhas. I am not being rude but telling you the fact. The word Gurkha or Gorkha are Hindu supported by Kirati people. As being a gurkha myself, I know the internal history of Nepal. Kirati people are the actual fearsome fighters. Specially those people who have surname "Rai" in the British or Indian army . when hindu king prithivi united Nepal he made an agreement with kirati people and gave the title "Rai" which means the "Kings". One thing people often mistakes about Gurkhas. Gurkhas serving in Indian army and British army. In British army there are more of mongoloid faces gurkhas who actually says hindu while getting recruited but infact they are not. Just being Gurkhas as Hindu they have to say "yes we are hindu". While in Indian army they are mixed races.

If you have time have a look at Kirati people and rai people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiranti_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_people

I also know wikipedia is not a good source but then still is true.
True Tamil Tiger wrote:
<quoted text>
You're confused- take a look at what this UK study revealed about Gurkhas and their religious affiliation. The answers are given by Gurkhas themselves. Its at the bottom of page 15.
http://www.dorsetforyou.com/media.jsp...
Hindu is a religion, not a racial group you nub. The Ahom people of Assam in India are also purely mongoloid- but 98% of them are Hindus today.

“I've been declawed!”

Since: Jan 12

McMaster....b*tches

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2012

james wrote:
well dude I know pretty well about religious issues about gurkhas. I am not being rude but telling you the fact. The word Gurkha or Gorkha are Hindu supported by Kirati people. As being a gurkha myself, I know the internal history of Nepal. Kirati people are the actual fearsome fighters. Specially those people who have surname "Rai" in the British or Indian army . when hindu king prithivi united Nepal he made an agreement with kirati people and gave the title "Rai" which means the "Kings". One thing people often mistakes about Gurkhas. Gurkhas serving in Indian army and British army. In British army there are more of mongoloid faces gurkhas who actually says hindu while getting recruited but infact they are not. Just being Gurkhas as Hindu they have to say "yes we are hindu". While in Indian army they are mixed races.
If you have time have a look at Kirati people and rai people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiranti_people
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rai_people
I also know wikipedia is not a good source but then still is true.
<quoted text>
I heard they are recruited from Magars and Gurungs as well- who are apparently Buddhist and Hindu.

I never said all Gurkhas are Hindu though...
raj

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Why we use our brain in past sikh have already defeated gurkhas leader amar singh thapa
Ravi

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Sikh Beated British and Mughlas forces ...Did any time Gurkhas Beated them .....Gurkhas were Gulam and always needed Leader ........here the evidnce for you dumb People Battle of chamkaur , Battle of saragarhi ,Battle of Muktasar . Please remmeber of battle where the Leader is Gurkhas ??????...Answer is None ...So Gurkhas are good subordinates agreed with this .
Ravi

New Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2012

Raaj Karega Khalsa ....Whae Guru ji da khalsa wahe guru ji de fathe
a gurkha

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Indian pride wrote:
Jo es topic ko create kne wale ki maa behan chodega wahi jitega
Ans<>you idiot you don't know what you are talking about. just shut up.
Josh C

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Mr.Khan I am opposing you because you think the whole Nepal is the mountainouse region but I am sorry you should know the true. However what I want to say is "Gorkhali is best and fearsome warrior in the intire world" got it ... If you want to know more than better you Google about Gorkhali or Gorkha. Still they( Gorkha soldiers) are fighting for other countries such as Britain and India; that's what I feel bad and ashame of. However in future Nepal would build their own "Bravery Force" so the world would known them as Bravest of Brave.
nabin

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

WorldExplorer wrote:
I too think Gurkhas are much tougher and better fighters. Gurkhas are better martial arts students. Gurkhas have natural talent. Their ability to adopt to any new region is also commendable. India is lucky to have such good warrior people.
Hey Gurkhas are from Nepal not India, just so you know
nabin

Auckland, New Zealand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Khan wrote:
when gurkhas invaded kangra it was sikhs who drove them back to their mountain holes. gurkhas only tough as mountain fighters naturally if you have high ground you are at an advantage in war but come down to the plains and see who is tougher. Gurkhas never come out of their mountain holes.
It was because we're having war with Tibet too, and Tibet means China, so our few soldiers were unable to fight with both
Singh Naam Sher da

Pali, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

who posted this funny and stupid question ?
Gurkhas are no Match for Sikhs
Gurkhas are "dedh futiyas" rats don't compare plz both of them
its insult of sikhs :)
anand subba

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

yap about gorkhas and sikhs history i had gone through it,what i saw there is sikhs has been defeated many times and had bad reputation among all soilders of world but about gorkhas,they had got title "bravest of brave" and world had accept that gorkhas are born to win the battle who deserve to die rather the surrender or to be defeated
anand subba

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

about sikh they are very brave coz they fight against 100 vs 1 but gorkha they fight 1 vs 100
IHateIgnorants

Palakkad, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Kodavas can win both Gorkhas and Sikhs just like that.
Sid

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 16, 2012

Chinkyfriend wrote:
JOYJOY wrote"Gurkha are very brave... they kick sikheveryday" .......... I havnt seen any Gurkha more that 5'6 or 5'7 & they realy have very small eyes.But Its true most of them are watchman in gurgaon & mumbai.
coz gurkha are natural guards as fighters , u can stay safe with them .
TNT

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Dumb question...sikhs and gurkhas have set up extraordinary examples of bravery. Neither one of them givea in and is willing to fight until his last breath...as for the rajputs, they were great warriors but like cowards converted to islam and set up marital alliances with the invaders. They saw their own personal interest in greater against the much needed independence of the country and freedom of religion. As for the tamils...how can you even mention them here...we are talking bout selfless warriors not selfish, arrogant academicians who impose their almost irritating and nerve wrenching language on others and show no respect for anyone but non tamils...
Dawa

Shiliguri, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

sikhs might have bigger and stronger bodies....but they lack one and very inportant thing that is " heart" heart of a lion.....jai gorkha jai gorkha
TNT

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2013

@ Dawa: Sikhs lack heart?...you say that to a community who single handedly threw the turks and the afghans out of north india despite being heavily outnumbered, the only ppl who thrashed the afghans in their own homeland and for the first time in a millennium consolidated afghanistan with india. You my friend, are an ass. I'm not saying that gurkhas are any less but you can't discredit the achievements of a community based on your fancy whim. P.S. We make up more than 45% of the armed forces...ab bol ke we lack heart.
Singh

San Ramon, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

For the Afghans, ONE WORD for YOU --> HARI SINGH NALWA
avinash rai

Chiang Mai, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

i am a gorkha and i say that in war everyone is equal there is no stronger...
sikhs and gorkha are equal

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

India Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ahead of Modi's visit, India pushes Japan for n... 13 min SHlTWORMMARGEDEBD... 38
Crossdresser. (Jul '13) 42 min Humhainna 13
I am a girl finding a man 57 min boby 66
Why are bengalis dirty as pigs? (Mar '12) 2 hr Humhainna 152
Mumbai ki whatsapp wali girls no dalo.. Usko ma... (May '13) 2 hr prachu 6,077
sexy adult funny whatsapp group join with me ... 2 hr Ana2aj 257
koi hot boy abhi gtalk pe sexchat karega muzse... (May '13) 3 hr Ravi Ravi 134
Indian GORI ladkion ki CHUT bhi KALI kiun hoti ... (May '12) 3 hr Rajanish 46,500
Friends join Whatsapp group for jokes, fun...In... (Sep '13) 5 hr Venkat 7,825
mai 19 yrs ki girl hu....jise mere whatsapp.gro... 5 hr Rekey sewer 917
north indian girls whatsapp number (Jul '13) 6 hr Hey all 20,605
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

India People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••