capois

West Palm Beach, FL

#471 Jan 17, 2013
africahaiti wrote:
futile suker > mumble empty language never connects to repelling culture - yu lucifer mexico
(Ah, mexico-)

CAP-MOOR! CAP-GUINEE! HAIL NORTHERN SUDAN! FOREVER THE FIRST OF JANUARY!
ture

Kaiserslautern, Germany

#472 Mar 23, 2013
JFE wrote:
Question for all... Are jamaicans Litino/Hispanic? Please explain why or why not.
jamaicans arent because they speak patwa and english .
english didnt come from they latian language
some guy

Brooklyn, NY

#473 Mar 23, 2013
we are all one people, how about we stop separating ourselves from each other, this is what causes hate and war
wino

United States

#474 Mar 25, 2013
As i was reading a survey about religion and the safest places in latin America and i could not believe but haiti was in the list that should answer that question..

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#476 Apr 20, 2013
Emprezz wrote:
<quoted text>
Look I know this but a black person calling themselves Latino is just a way to not sound as african. I think some people use it to feel better by just saying 'Im Latino' instead of just saying black. Simple.
But as I said we do not call ourselves Latinos so why is everybody on Haitians ass about being Latino? Smh.
no it isn't its just them using their ethnicity the same way other people describe themselves using national origin..The haiti and latino issue is a conflicting one because the meaning of latino is so vague but by all means haiti is a latin american country

"Haiti's regional, historical, and ethno-linguistic position is unique for several reasons. It was the first independent nation of Latin America and the Caribbean, the first black-led republic in the world, and the second republic in the Americas when it gained independence in 1804 as part of a successful slave revolution lasting nearly a decade"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiti

the french were actually the ones to coin latin america

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#477 Apr 20, 2013
ture wrote:
<quoted text>
jamaicans arent because they speak patwa and english .
english didnt come from they latian language
Some english words do in fact come from some old latin and some latin base languages(spanish, french, itialian etc)

educate yourself

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#478 Apr 20, 2013
Also black in the US really describes one group of people it does not really describes caribbeam blacks, african immigrants and latin american blacks

and thats the truth
Blackster

Drexel Hill, PA

#479 May 6, 2013
Yes black can refer to whites who listen to rap music and wear their pants around their ankles

As for Latino , I don't consider Haitians Latino
I see the whole French from Latin but culturally
I don't think it works
P
Blackster

Drexel Hill, PA

#480 May 6, 2013
I see your French to Latin
But raise you a they never wanted to be involved with the French as they were forced to, so why should they be forced to accept their conquerors heritage.
Since they freed themselves they should be allowed to self identify
Maya

Englewood, NJ

#482 May 30, 2013
im haitian too and we are apart of the latin cultural, just because you hear spanish when you thing of latin don't mean anything.. We were one of the first Latin American country to have freedom from slavery. We are apart of the LAtin American culture. Latin American is not only spanish but , french, Portuguese , and other languages.just because we were laves don't mean we are strictly african american .. but i do appreciate my culture ( zoe) and i love it..
Zoe

Brooklyn, NY

#483 Aug 12, 2013
afro-haitian wrote:
We are not latinos, Im just haitian carribean islander, everytime i look in the internet i look for latin american people and i saw a haitian person and others, why are they callng us latinos? we are not hispanic........or are we?
I dont know, in the Don omar music video he was representing all the hispanic countries and i saw haiti why is that?
hispanic and latino are diffrent things, hispanics speak spanish and latinos speak spanish, Portuguese and French which us haitians speak, we dont call our sell latinos because maube of our skin tone and thats we consider our self as an african decent, we do have Latino in us
All Things New

United States

#484 Sep 6, 2013
I am in the process of moving down to Haiti. Go to our website and check out our new ministry and let me know what you think.

allthingsneworphanage.com
oh yes

Charleston, SC

#485 Sep 14, 2013
afro-haitian wrote:
We are not latinos, Im just haitian carribean islander, everytime i look in the internet i look for latin american people and i saw a haitian person and others, why are they callng us latinos? we are not hispanic........or are we?
I dont know, in the Don omar music video he was representing all the hispanic countries and i saw haiti why is that?
do you know what latino means? You're latino. You're not hispanic, but you're latino. Just like the brazilians, they aren't hispanic, but they are latino.

I'm Panamena but I don't consider myself hispanic even though panama is a hispanic country, because I only speak english and was raised in the states and have more in common with african americans.
Haitian

Brooklyn, NY

#487 Oct 21, 2013
There are several haitians that speak Spanish especially at the border.
Spaniard

Whitestone, NY

#490 Oct 23, 2013
Its very simple just look in the mirror if you are black you can not be latin. How can you say you are anything other than black if that's what you are all Haitians that are black originally come from Africa period. Same thing for dominicans like David Ortiz or Omega they speak Spanish but obviously they are black at the end of the day if you are black your black if your white than your white if your tan your tan that's it. I am from Spain and my people are white but are language is spoken in Puerto Rico and dominican republic but that doesn't make them Spanish it makes them Hispanic Spanish only by language not by blood same thing for Haiti they are not latin they are African by blood.look at the Mexicans also they are not Spanish look at them they are indians that we forced to speak Spanish " if your not born in Spain or Italy your not latin you people should have went to school or traveled the world and you would understand even Haitian people that speak French because they where colonized by the French dosn't make them French look at them if they are black then they are black and come from one place Africa you morons and if he is like Obama then he is biracial that means white and black mixed obama's mother is from Ireland she is 100% white but ignorant people think he is black that's how stupid people are today clearly you can see that he is biracial just go out and buy a mirror than you will know what you are lol

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#491 Oct 23, 2013
Spaniard wrote:
Its very simple just look in the mirror if you are black you can not be latin. How can you say you are anything other than black if that's what you are all Haitians that are black originally come from Africa period. Same thing for dominicans like David Ortiz or Omega they speak Spanish but obviously they are black at the end of the day if you are black your black if your white than your white if your tan your tan that's it. I am from Spain and my people are white but are language is spoken in Puerto Rico and dominican republic but that doesn't make them Spanish it makes them Hispanic Spanish only by language not by blood same thing for Haiti they are not latin they are African by blood.look at the Mexicans also they are not Spanish look at them they are indians that we forced to speak Spanish " if your not born in Spain or Italy your not latin you people should have went to school or traveled the world and you would understand even Haitian people that speak French because they where colonized by the French dosn't make them French look at them if they are black then they are black and come from one place Africa you morons and if he is like Obama then he is biracial that means white and black mixed obama's mother is from Ireland she is 100% white but ignorant people think he is black that's how stupid people are today clearly you can see that he is biracial just go out and buy a mirror than you will know what you are lol
Agreed
Ignorance Gets U Nowhere

Glen Cove, NY

#492 Oct 25, 2013
Let's get something straight. You are so wrong, and talk about schooling. I graduated , did you ? I am not undereducated in no shape or form. You state look in the mirror. Hmmmm weird ! Because people cannot figure out what I am. And I'm sure smarty pants neither would you be able too. My mothers father was from Ireland , her mother Native american. My fathers mother Lenape Indian and his father from the South. Now me I have tan skin, greenish, hazel eyes and light brown auburn hair. So you tell me, when I look in the mirror what am I ? Because at the end of the day I'm colored blind. I don't see color, and just because someone speaks another language other then their own, doesn't make them any less of a individual...sooooooo...mirror , mirror on the wall tell me what I am....Am I black ? Am I white ? Or is it ignorance from people like you, that anyone should give a shit.....enough said BEGONE ! LOL
So true

Glen Cove, NY

#494 Oct 25, 2013
My ex was Haitian , miss him dearly. He spoke French, Creole,Spanish,Chinese and English....
So true

Glen Cove, NY

#495 Oct 25, 2013
TOTALLY AGREE !
So true

Glen Cove, NY

#496 Oct 25, 2013
I totally agree with you 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Haiti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bill Clinton said "the current Haitian governm... 4 min Tigrizon 2
weekly payouts on premium rate numbers 27 min Tigrizon 2
Haitian singer Jason Derulo And Jordin Sparks R... Mon John 1
The head of state and prime minister have prais... Mon John 1
A new unit of police officers patrol outside th... Mon John 1
why dominican women love haitian men? (Dec '09) Sun Frankito1 722
Watch free African movies Sat John 1

Haiti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE