Haiti finance minister slams Canada

Jan 6, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNews

Heavy rains from Hurricane Sandy causes the Croix de Mission river to swell to levels that threaten to flood the homes along its bank in Port-au-Prince, October 25, 2012.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
stop being so selfish

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

canada finally realized that they been taking for a ride the donors wants to see some results for a changed with their taxpayer dollar specially the us government this time things would have to be different and please don't use the word rebuild because that country was never build in the first place there was no infrastructure to begin with before the earthquake did you see how chile government rebuild with less fund from the us that's because the infrastructure was in place and they have a functional government with rules of law and a civilized society they didn't waste decades on corruption brutal dictatorship and bloody coup they don't need un peace keeping forces to get involved like I said before it takes decades to build a country you people wasting more than two hundred years on corruption brutal dictatorship and bloody coup you people haven't changed a bit after all these years enough is enough
Fortunate1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Well, imagine someone giving you $10 million dollars to clean up garbage in the streets. The first thing you do is determine what needs to be done, next what you need to get it done, and next how many people you will need to get it done. Develop a scope and a plan of execution, buy the trucks, and hire the people. Follow this plan and you will see progress. Canada throws money at other organizations, not Haiti. When they fail, Canada blames Haiti. Haitians going over to the DR by the thousands to cut cane for $5 a day. The Haitian wants to work and is not lazy. Why not pay him $5 a day to clean his own country? The money is tied up in red tape.
well

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Helping Haiti is like helping Al Qaeda.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Haiti Discussions

Search the Haiti Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
satta matka (Dec '12) 48 min MATKA KING 217
Wiretapping Has Been Conspiracy of Government A... (Apr '12) 14 hr fukuda 10
Dating a Haitian man?????? (Jun '12) Sat Rose 201
Haitian chat room, Meet new people, fet bel ti ... (Aug '10) Jul 11 Montana 172
Pat Robertson shrugs off adultery (May '13) Jul 9 Do Not Call 3
US deports more than 250 Haitians (Dec '11) Jul 9 stop being so selfish 221
why dominican women love haitian men? (Dec '09) Jul 7 Trey 716
•••
•••