Doctors Without Borders: Deplorable Conditions for Cholera Patients in Haiti

Mar 12, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Common Dreams

March 12 - A lack of funds and supplies has crippled cholera treatment programs in Haiti , leading to unnecessary deaths and increasing the risk of greater outbreaks during the upcoming rainy season, the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders/Mdecins Sans Frontires said today.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Fortunate1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Where is the President of Haiti? Children are dying of cholera and he should not be afraid to express his outrage towards the UN via media outlets. We are all aware that the UN is responsible for this crisis and the great humanitarian organization that they are has once again decided to turn their backs on dying children. They were prepared to drop $500 million into the hands of Assad of Syria but Haiti's poor get handed a death sentence. What was their crime? Drinking the water!
Fortunate1

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

The UN hangs around Haiti like the last guest to leave the party. They don't want to help clean up, they don't want to leave, and they do want to keep consuming your alcohol until it's all gone. The UN is a pest bearing pestilence; cholera, specifically. Ban Ki Moon is a jellyfish that goes where the wave takes him. I would rather have Sponge Bob Square Pants running the UN circus than that sea snot.
Nadim Salomon

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2013

It is very clear that the UN introduced cholera in Haiti. At the very beginning a vaccination program could have reduced the number of cases but the UN was more interested in a cover up. The organization acted cowardly by invoking the claim of immunity. The UN should take responsibility and compensate the victims. President Martelly should blast the UN response to the cholera epidemic and demand compensation without delay.

Nadim Salomon, MD
BellaNagua

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I am traveling to Haiti in less than 3 weeks. Maybe things will improve?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Haiti Discussions

Search the Haiti Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dating a Haitian man?????? (Jun '12) 17 hr Rose 201
Haitian chat room, Meet new people, fet bel ti ... (Aug '10) Fri Montana 172
Pat Robertson shrugs off adultery (May '13) Jul 9 Do Not Call 3
US deports more than 250 Haitians (Dec '11) Jul 9 stop being so selfish 221
why dominican women love haitian men? (Dec '09) Jul 7 Trey 716
why are they calling haitians latinos? (Nov '08) Jun 28 yodanyrd 475
Canada, U.S. issue Haiti travel advisory Jun 27 HaitianFist 1
•••
•••