Are Dominicans white or Black ?

Posted in the Haiti Forum

Comments (Page 36)

Showing posts 701 - 720 of790
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
SMH

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#768
Dec 16, 2011
 
Belizean Prince, so your argument is that all Dominicans state they are "white" n "gay"? Bet U that was a poser. I'm also guessing you believe everything you read about online and hear about. So Chitown, she wanted to bring the Bible up, so she did Sir. This is an open forum right? As a Haitian living in Florida, I must say we have enough to deal with. By picking on Dominicans we are only showing the world that in some ways many wish they were Dominicans. Since when does attacking and hating produce love and unity? I'm proud of who I am and I don't feel the need to knock anyone to prove myself. Chitown and Hari, everyone reading these forums know that your 1. Haitian's 2. Probably the same person including that "Dominicana" that be posting in here. I used to hate them too. My parents spoke nothing but hateful things about them. I'm sure they're parents spoke nothing but hateful things about us. At one point I thought all their women were prostitutes, men lazy. Who did I hear this from? My family. Thank God He gave me my own mind and common sense. As a group we are judge, hated and mistreated by all peoples. Why some choose to do the same is beyond me. Haitians have a history to be proud of. So do Dominicans, Jamaicans, etc. Post threads that encourage positive things and stop acting out all this hate. Shame on you. Oh and yes, I've dated, have friends that are from D.R. We are way pass the hate taught to us. As far as the white Jesus, European religion...you sound like skin color is the most important thing in YOUR life. Sounds like reverse racism. BLACK RACIST? Oh and sir pls do not tell me that they don't exist. I would like to think we are all people of intellect here.
hari67

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#770
Dec 17, 2011
 
S MH I'm only directing my comments toward certain individual I'm just one person not two I myself have an equal amount of Haitian and dominican counterpart since having spent considerable time in D R. I've observed the treatment of Haitian i sometimes hot .
Racist or picking on all Dominicans I wouldn't dare
dominicanlover43

Lansdale, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#771
Dec 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

If everyone could stop hating on dominicans it would be greatly appreciated...because they are very hard working people.. Also they have alot of heart...so please get a grip of yourself.iam an irish girl...and let me tell you dominican people was the only ones that helped me through life...thats why i love all dominicans...they did things for me my own family wouldnt do...i love all dominicans forever....
Haitian-loving-M ami

Severn, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#772
Jan 4, 2012
 
According to the worldfactbook, dominicans are:

Ethnic groups:
mixed 73%, white 16%, black 11%

In the U.S. anyone who has even a 7th generation ancestor that was black would consider him/herself black. On the other hand, the 73% of mixed dominicans don't claim that, why is this? I don't know, when I came to the US I felt weird about being labeled "hispanic", "latina", this or that, but that's how things are here. Anyway, I'm a "mixed" dominican, but I don't feel race or mixture of race makes at all who I am. I feel Africa in every single cell in my body, plus have Spain in me and even Taino too. I love me some mashed yuca root, love to shake my hips to the rhythm of african drums, and love the romanticism of Spanish language. So this is what makes who I am, not the color or composition of my skin. Even those "white dominicans" are influenced by the same things I am, so there is no difference, we are all the same. Black, white, mulato, mestizo, moreno; call me black, white, or india because I'm all of those simultaneously. Don't take one away because it wouldn't be me.

“Dont hate me cuz i'm beautiful”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#773
Jan 4, 2012
 

Judged:

2

First of all,'dominican' isn't a race, it's a nationality/ethnicity. There are white dominicans, black dominicans, but the majority of dominicans are of mixed race and we can trace our bloodlines back to Africa, Spain/Europe, and the pre-columbian island of Hispaniola.
Kai Beltini

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#774
Jan 22, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Dominicans are considered caucasian because they are mixed with the Spanish, however there is a alot of Black people from Jamaica, Barbados etc.
hari67

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#776
Jan 25, 2012
 
Kai Beltini wrote:
Dominicans are considered caucasian because they are mixed with the Spanish, however there is a alot of Black people from Jamaica, Barbados etc.
when was the last time you had your eyes check
sponge rob

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#777
Jan 29, 2012
 
i am a white dominican and it is so funny how everytime i tell somebody i am dominican they think im lying. they say 'Oh i thought dominicans were black' ... Or 'wow u sure are pale to be dominican'.... My friends not all dominicans look like the baseball players you see on tv. Most of us are too mixed to even label but we have whitrs and blacks just like america. We also have over 1 million hatians immigrants in DR as well so thats something to consider. The only people who really know are hatians and dominicans
Sara

Madrid, Spain

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#778
Jan 29, 2012
 
Dominicans native was/are black also they was mixed with spanish (europeans) so the result is some are white, some are mix, some are black.

But thatīs matter? Only a person with real problems of identity or complex make such questions. This thread is silly.
sponge rob

Long Branch, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#779
Jan 29, 2012
 
another thing I want to add is I also hate when people try to blur the line between hati and the DR. We are people who managed to coexist unlike those other war torn countries in the middle east. Yes there are some race issues here and there but thats just life. My heart goes out to the haitian people but the answer to haitis problems is not in the DR. The people of haiti need to come together and b proud of who they are and we can show the world that coexistence is possible. Not blend us up like some global experiment
sponge rob

Farmingdale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#780
Jan 29, 2012
 
Granpanpan wrote:
If Dominicans hate Haitians, and
Haitians are all black (according to them,
Therefore they hate themselves.
this is why dominicans are tri-racial..... When puerto ricans want to prove to the world that they are white they label us "black". But when a haitian immigrant wants to claim racial profiling, all of a sudden dominicans are "white". But when immigration wants to deport us, we are all just a bunch of mexicans, so i say FUCK any haters! we have a beutiful mix and some of the sexiest women in the world. we view ourselves as a perfect mix. Period.
No Excuse

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#781
Feb 4, 2012
 
Haitian-loving-Mami wrote:
According to the worldfactbook, dominicans are:
Ethnic groups:
mixed 73%, white 16%, black 11%
In the U.S. anyone who has even a 7th generation ancestor that was black would consider him/herself black. On the other hand, the 73% of mixed dominicans don't claim that, why is this? I don't know, when I came to the US I felt weird about being labeled "hispanic", "latina", this or that, but that's how things are here. Anyway, I'm a "mixed" dominican, but I don't feel race or mixture of race makes at all who I am. I feel Africa in every single cell in my body, plus have Spain in me and even Taino too. I love me some mashed yuca root, love to shake my hips to the rhythm of african drums, and love the romanticism of Spanish language. So this is what makes who I am, not the color or composition of my skin. Even those "white dominicans" are influenced by the same things I am, so there is no difference, we are all the same. Black, white, mulato, mestizo, moreno; call me black, white, or india because I'm all of those simultaneously. Don't take one away because it wouldn't be me.
Hatian loving mami? more like mami loving Hatian lol

stop your bullshit! Black is beautiful be proud of who u are and stop your bullshit campaign of haitianization
shach

Irvington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#782
Feb 19, 2012
 
listen everybody....all human origin comes from africa right...and africa is considered black right...so think about it...everyone has black inside them so shut up about it..but domincans are mostly black(african) because im dominican and i know my origins
shach

Irvington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#783
Feb 19, 2012
 
Sara wrote:
Dominicans native was/are black also they was mixed with spanish (europeans) so the result is some are white, some are mix, some are black.
But thatīs matter? Only a person with real problems of identity or complex make such questions. This thread is silly.
thank you...someones right
PHITO

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#784
Feb 21, 2012
 
Florida wrote:
I think they are really White
You think ? You are not sure!! Find out and let us know if they are !
PHITO

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#785
Feb 21, 2012
 
Oh !! Never mind, waste of mi time !
Patrice L

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#786
Feb 22, 2012
 
First and foremost, Race is a social concept that was created by human beings to justify one's external differences. Regarding the question if Dominicans are Black or White is a very simplistic way of viewing issues. Most of the Carribean peoples are descendants of slavery meaning of African descent therefore they are Africans period. Many methods were used by SlaveMasters and Colonialists to brainwash "people of color" to hate themselves thus causing the complete denial of their African roots.. Even the ex President of Dominican Republic Trujillo was of African descent... Ultimately if humanity began in Africa.. we are all Africans anyway...,
day day

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#787
Mar 11, 2012
 
WHY, the same question about these people all the time who is asking this question ?. Why do people care, they have their own idenity to live with let them be just dominicans. But with all that i am saying, yes they are mixed blacks period. to whoever wants to keep asking.
Julio Fontana

Raynham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788
Mar 12, 2012
 
Florida wrote:
I think they are really White
Stupid question! Dominicans are pink. Are they green?
Julio Fontana

Raynham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789
Mar 12, 2012
 
Stupid Question! As stupid as dominicans. Are dominicans green?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 701 - 720 of790
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Haiti Forum right now

Search the Haiti Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Looking for some of the best deals of the moment Jul 17 parascorp8 1
satta matka (Dec '12) Jul 16 mattka09583601137 218
The new Haitianhollywood Jul 16 Haitianhollywood 1
US deports more than 250 Haitians (Dec '11) Jul 16 stop being so selfish 222
why are they calling haitians latinos? (Nov '08) Jul 14 Ace 476
Wiretapping Has Been Conspiracy of Government A... (Apr '12) Jul 13 fukuda 10
Dating a Haitian man?????? (Jun '12) Jul 12 Rose 201
•••
•••