Maxime

Orangeville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Bonjour, this is a question with many answers, one that i keep hearing over and over is, because haiti was a colony and was exploited. Yet many other countries like Panama, Dominican Republic,chile, Malaysia among others were all colonies at one point and are doing a lot better.
So why is Haiti poor? Please give a logical response.
DOMINICAN_YORK

Charlestown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

I think I can give you a logical response and simple, Naxime!

It is OBVIOUS that you Haitian people cannnnot even sit down and think why is your country, Haiti, poor! In fact Haiti should not be named a country, just a piece of safari land in the americas. How does that sound?

What you guys need to do is get together and work for the best of Haiti instead of sitting around and expect for my beautiful homeland the Dominican Republic to solve all your problems and feed your poor! It is unacceptable!

Let me know if your feeble simian brain does not comprehend my advice, I would be more than happier to give you some more.

BTW, your new national dish, which are the mud cookies, are also part of your country's poor characteristic not just a simple alternative to feed yourselves you MORONS!
haitirules

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2009

Judged:

DOMINICAN_YORK wrote:
I think I can give you a logical response and simple, Naxime!
It is OBVIOUS that you Haitian people cannnnot even sit down and think why is your country, Haiti, poor! In fact Haiti should not be named a country, just a piece of safari land in the americas. How does that sound?
What you guys need to do is get together and work for the best of Haiti instead of sitting around and expect for my beautiful homeland the Dominican Republic to solve all your problems and feed your poor! It is unacceptable!
Let me know if your feeble simian brain does not comprehend my advice, I would be more than happier to give you some more.
BTW, your new national dish, which are the mud cookies, are also part of your country's poor characteristic not just a simple alternative to feed yourselves you MORONS!
You just think of something and you decided it is fact. Shut your hell hole. Talk about what you know. Whatever you wrote are not even opinion. You had nothing to say go post on your own page. In your mind does anything you said mean anything?. You guys are never serious. Most of the bussinesses in your country DR are not owned by you dominicans. Haitians do not need your help. You guys have no heart and you do not beleive in God if you have the guts to write these nonesenses. Haiti do not need pitty from you, It does not need your help because you can't even take care of your country. Haiti gave you free land that you did not fight for. And a place where your prostitutes come to make money. Right now, everybody are getting a piece from HAITI. There are thousands of people from different countries there(The U.N.) that are living on Haiti. They have to get paid for doing nothing and the bill is on Haiti. When you heard of a country give aid to Haiti they are giving the aid to themselves. They send thousands of their people and they are living on the aid. It is very complicated down there, no country has helped Haiti in either way, yes I said it. Get you fact straight before writing rubishes.
DOMINICAN-YORK

Townsend, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

Are you out of your shitty mind??? Haiti indeed needs the Dominican help!!!! Isn't that what your shitty president Preval asked my President Leonel??? Obiviouslly yes he did! OMG I cannnot believe I am actually reading this from a Haitian mindset, of course nothing better expected! Anyways if DR is a shithole compared to Haiti then why would there be almost 2 million Haitians living in my beautiful homeland? Ask yourself that question before posting. Ungrateful haitian saying they don't need Dominican help when they actually do. PATHETIC!
Haitirules

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2009

Judged:

DOMINICAN-YORK wrote:
Are you out of your shitty mind??? Haiti indeed needs the Dominican help!!!! Isn't that what your shitty president Preval asked my President Leonel??? Obiviouslly yes he did! OMG I cannnot believe I am actually reading this from a Haitian mindset, of course nothing better expected! Anyways if DR is a shithole compared to Haiti then why would there be almost 2 million Haitians living in my beautiful homeland? Ask yourself that question before posting. Ungrateful haitian saying they don't need Dominican help when they actually do. PATHETIC!
How can I be ungrateful? you never done anything for me. Since I have been growing I travel to a lot of places, and I have seen how people treat ohter people. Haiti does not need the DR. Do you believe there would have been a DR if it wasn't for 1804? I let you think about it. Dominicans can't even feed or take care of themselves. So why do allow 2 millions in your country? You just figure out you know more than us. you said there are 2 millions of haitians living in the DR, So how did that happened? I thought your country was that good how can you let all these people move to your country?. you decided to either give us a group of dark skin people as Haiti's, either they are not rich or I do not know what is wrong with them, well we will take them. Haiti has its doors open to pick up any different people. Our doors are open to anyone. But in the DR you decided to pick up whites only, good luck with that.(well you guys can't really figure out who are whites or who are blacks). well you guys will live forever and so on. Maybe you think whites are God, you worship them. Well Haitians do not, we consider everyone humans. You guys are cannibalists , you have no heart. well I do not want to be in the DR. I have other choices of country where my parents are from. PLease again go get your facts straight brainless person. I do know why you are on Haiti's forum if we are that unacceptable to you. I know Haiti means the world to the DR.
Response to Haitian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

Actually Haitians do worship whites like no tomorrow which is also why it is the teeny white population that rule the country. How does it feel to have whites ruling your majority jet black african country? It must really suck. Notice how Haitians are always constantly bringing up history. 1804 1804 1804 1804 wah wah wah.. who cares? If that's the only thing haiti has been able to do since then and now then it's really sad. 1804 is a joke! Haiti is still a colony but now it's a colony of USA/CANADA/You're beloved France/etc. YOu guys are not free you never were! You have no control of your country which is why the UN is in Haiti. You have no pride. Haiti is a beggar nation that has failed it's people and should no longer even exist as it's becoming a burden on the caribbean and others. What an embarrassment to human civilization. Yes it hurts because I'm laying it down as it is but guess what? It's the truth whether you admit it to yourselves or not. The DR is light years ahead of Haiti which is embarrassing because DR was much poorer than haiti 60 years ago! Haiti use to be the bully nation always invading and picking on poor defenseless DR. Look at DR now, you dogs. lol Oh, how the tables have turned! Karma is a b*tch, isn't it? lol DR is now more rich, pretty, modern, advanced, developed, powerful than your country will ever be. That's what you get for treating DR like crap, centuries ago. GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY.
Haitirules

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

Response to Haitian wrote:
Actually Haitians do worship whites like no tomorrow which is also why it is the teeny white population that rule the country. How does it feel to have whites ruling your majority jet black african country? It must really suck. Notice how Haitians are always constantly bringing up history. 1804 1804 1804 1804 wah wah wah.. who cares? If that's the only thing haiti has been able to do since then and now then it's really sad. 1804 is a joke! Haiti is still a colony but now it's a colony of USA/CANADA/You're beloved France/etc. YOu guys are not free you never were! You have no control of your country which is why the UN is in Haiti. You have no pride. Haiti is a beggar nation that has failed it's people and should no longer even exist as it's becoming a burden on the caribbean and others. What an embarrassment to human civilization. Yes it hurts because I'm laying it down as it is but guess what? It's the truth whether you admit it to yourselves or not. The DR is light years ahead of Haiti which is embarrassing because DR was much poorer than haiti 60 years ago! Haiti use to be the bully nation always invading and picking on poor defenseless DR. Look at DR now, you dogs. lol Oh, how the tables have turned! Karma is a b*tch, isn't it? lol DR is now more rich, pretty, modern, advanced, developed, powerful than your country will ever be. That's what you get for treating DR like crap, centuries ago. GOD DON'T LIKE UGLY.
Well, all I am saying now if you really beleived what you are saying go ahead and invade that all and you will see. We are nice to the one that are to us.
Britanik

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2009

Judged:

Maxime wrote:
Bonjour, this is a question with many answers, one that i keep hearing over and over is, because haiti was a colony and was exploited. Yet many other countries like Panama, Dominican Republic,chile, Malaysia among others were all colonies at one point and are doing a lot better.
Like one would say "THAT IS THE QUESTION" and believe me to find the answer is the find the solution, and THAT NOBODY HAS BEEN ABLE TO DO IT. Just like the problem it has many aspects. So the questions to ask are:
1. when did Haiti start to be poor?
2. why did it really worsen?

1. Haiti started to be poorer when it turned independent because up to that point it was the richest colony. Why?
a) because labor was no longer cheap;
b) because technology was no longer available (the masters although horrible and poor management skills had great technical skills to keep the machines working)
c) because the new leaders had no concept of "country" in fact the first title bestowed to Dessalines (the commander-in-chief of the revolutionnary army) was that of Governor General for life. And they ahd absolutely no idea about world economics and finance.

2. It's economy worsen mostly in the 1960's
a) Loss of it's intellectual assets through emigration due primarily to the emergence of the free french speaking african nations where the Haitian professionnals (doctors, nurses, teachers, etc.) were revered as they were black and french speaking and well educated. In fact lots of them were also lost to Quebec, Canada for their french speaking.

There ae many other aspects particular to Haiti, most and foremost after the independence the fathers of the country claimed that independance is possible only with the holding of property. In other words, work for others is the lowliest thing, therefore even if well paid haitian laborers still consider themselves inferior because they have to work for someone. There goes any concept of industrial development. So in the 1960's when the big multinational were developping infrastructures and work force in all the countries, they just could not get any foot hold in Haiti.

Also, still today laws in Haiti do not allow foreigners to be owners of more than one small piece of land. So no big corporation or multiunational has any capital assets in Haiti. Therefore when a tire burns in the streets in Haiti there is no lobby to rush to defend it. Results: Tourism inexistent, Textile industry is maligned whitout any valid defense as using minor as laborers although simnple logic would say why hire minor when you can hire a grown-up for the same price (70% of the population is unemployed) I could go on and on.
The good news is finally they are losing some of our Xenophobia and they start seeing white foreingners maybe not entirely as friends but at least as persons who can have same good agenda for them.

And I could go on and on, but that is for later.
Response to DR aka AJ

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

Stop calling names I've been to DR many times with friends on vacations where i've seen poverty,prostitution.DR is not rich there are slumb neighborhoods,crime and corruption.The difference between those countries is government.
Currency is at the lowest rate in DR.So don't tell me it's all that.When i went to Haiti two years ago most of the prostitutes living in Haiti are Dominicans working in the country.Know what you saying stop criticizing.You are living in the U.S.for the American dream.
Response to Haitian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

You clearly haven't been to DR because it is a fact that the typical town in DR puts any city/town in Haiti to shame(even Port au prince) in terms of infrastructure, living standards, health and basically everything else. DR is more richer than Haiti and it's 100% visible in the countryside, landscape, cities,people etc. There will always be poverty, prostition etc. in every developing country, even in USA you will see these things but the difference is proportion. Poverty in DR is only 40% which is not the majority of the country while in Haiti it is the majority with 80%!!!!
The rest of the 60% of DR's population is middle class and upper class, that's most of the population! While in Haiti it is only 20% middle/upper class, very little! You can try and lie to yourself about it as much as you like but the reality is the reality. Haiti is in the stone age and simply can't compete with DR because it's too damn poor. Most haitians are poor, disease ridden, can't even read, etc. Even Jamaica is richer than haiti. lol That's how pathetic haiti is.

This is what Haitians see when they go to Dominican Republic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Haitian In Denial

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

Maxime wrote:
You askk a fair question Maxime... haitians are poor because they are uncivilized... their last training was to be slaves, and they have not moved on from there... Haitians killed all the white, meanning any person who can actually get that country out of poverty, very tipical of black nations such as africa, once the white man left, they sank into poverty... THe Haitians were better off being slaves, if you ask me... now millions of them go to the DR, they undermine domincan workers, they don't pay any taxes and are always begging for good treatment, but the dogs don't dare ask that of their own government who don't give a shit... Its really disgusting!Now Haitians today want to be dominicans, cuz it ashames them to be haitians, they claim that they are dominicans because they can dance merengue or like baseball, these people are so fucking stupid and will never move on... in the 2100 century haiti will still be poor... look at their economic outlook for the 2014... its barely a couple of dollars abover from todays....
DOMINICAN_YORK

Charlestown, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

To all you Haitian people please go to dominicantoday.com and see how beautiful my homeland is by looking at the pics.
T-Reborn

Miami Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

DOMINICAN_YORK wrote:
To all you Haitian people please go to dominicantoday.com and see how beautiful my homeland is by looking at the pics.
jajajajajaja
stop lying to yourself. You know everything is hidden behing.
jajajajajjaja
you know us Dominican do not own most of our country. The white we worship like the Haitians (aaaawwww,angels on earth) own hotels or anything nice.
jajajajaja. I am a Loser. I am begging you my angels on earth to forgive my hyppocrite dominicans.
Response to Haitian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Judged:

T-Reborn wrote:
<quoted text>
jajajajajaja
stop lying to yourself. You know everything is hidden behing.
jajajajajjaja
you know us Dominican do not own most of our country. The white we worship like the Haitians (aaaawwww,angels on earth) own hotels or anything nice.
jajajajaja. I am a Loser. I am begging you my angels on earth to forgive my hyppocrite dominicans.
Oh you mean similar to how Haitians don't own their country? Haiti is the worlds little b*tch, that's why the UN is stationed there. Haiti can't produce it's own food that's why the USA and the rest of the world sends rice to Haiti. Haiti is a good for nothing country that relies on everyone else! How does it feel to still be pimped around by your beloved France? lol How sad, 200 years later and Haiti still bows to France where many Haitians migrate to and prefer to live. Even african countries have already beat Haiti in developement and are now richer.

DR on the other hand doesn't rely on everyone else to feed itself. It's a good place to invest for foreigners and nationals alike. DR has a 4 - 5 million strong middle class that actually live in the country!(not including the upper class). These dominicans have enough income to own/buy property in the new developements across the country. So this whole "Dominicans don't own anything in DR is a myth. Foreigners actually want to live in DR including your stupid haitians that can't have enough of DOMINICAN REPUBLIC and prefer it over their safari to the west. lol

I can sense your jelousy and anger that your poor sick pathetic Haiti isn't as advanced as DR. lol You can always apply for citizenship and become Dominican. I wouldn't blame you, being Haitian is without a doubt the most low, pathetic, embarrasing, shameful thing on this earth! What other country has mud cookies as a national dish?
Response to Haitian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

As Dominican Republic marches foward, full force, toward modernity and developement, Haiti is still a sitting duck. It's still the same pathetic country it has always been since day one, 200 years ago. Nothing has changed. There's still slavery(restaveks), a mass poverty rate, no food etc. I can go ON! You dogs are so inferior and you know it! lol

Something Haiti will never have:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php...

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php...

http://www2.dominicantoday.com/dr/forum/livin...

NOW COMPARE THAT TO WHAT HAITI HAS:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php...
Dominicana

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

WAO PERO ESE TREN ES MAS MODERNOO QUE EL DE AQUI DE NEW YORK!!!:):):): QUE BELLEZA DE TREN!.. Para lante hacia la modernidad y prosperidad, y saquen a to eso haitiano come tierra de alla, basuras ensuciando a mi hermosa quisqueya..
Response to Haitian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2009

Yes, Dominicana. The Santo Domingo subway is even more modern than New York's subway obviously because it's new while new york's subway is 100 years old. The santo domingo subway is among the hemishpere's most modern mass transit systems.:)
Line 2 of the capital's subway system is already under construction as we speak!!!

Even the Haitians are reporting our progress on their sites:
http://www.haitixchange.com/index.php/forums/...

It doesn't end there. Our beautiful country, Dominican Republic, is developing its infrastructure! check this out:

http://www2.dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/200...

We are to get a bullet train high speed railway system that will connect our two biggest cities, Santo Domingo and Santiago. Construction will start next year, 2010!
Eleazar Economist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

Haiti suffers form the Black-White complex. Haiti 90 per cent black allowed the catholic church to govern them. History has shown us that the Catholic church is crooked, can't be trusted.
When you (haitians) allow yourselves to be like someone or something that has no connection to your culture, you tend to get lost. DR on the other hand allowed whites to govern their country. If it were pure DR'icans running the country, they would be like Haiti.
For Haitians, you guys are weak minded. How can you allow DR'icans to make mockery of your own people in their land. If you guys were serious, you guys would go on a sucide mission by killing at last 10-15 DR'icans. You allow them to be racist towards you, you allow their leader to kill 5000 haitians and you do nothing about it.
Until Haitians realized that trying to adopt a white system will not make them great. Try reading about the Malian Empire or Ghana Empire or even the history of the Moors or Afro-Hebrew.
Eleazar Economist

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

DR's bond rating is C-, not good for the country.
Although I have some illwills towards DR but I cant heate, they have ever right to mock haiti. They have ever right.

Haitians come to the USA and look how they are in Florida and Bosotn.

Still waiting for that white jesus that your catholic priest told you to worship
DominicanA

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Response to Haitian wrote:
Yes, Dominicana. The Santo Domingo subway is even more modern than New York's subway obviously because it's new while new york's subway is 100 years old. The santo domingo subway is among the hemishpere's most modern mass transit systems.:)
Line 2 of the capital's subway system is already under construction as we speak!!!
Even the Haitians are reporting our progress on their sites:
http://www.haitixchange.com/index.php/forums/...
It doesn't end there. Our beautiful country, Dominican Republic, is developing its infrastructure! check this out:
http://www2.dominicantoday.com/dr/economy/200...
We are to get a bullet train high speed railway system that will connect our two biggest cities, Santo Domingo and Santiago. Construction will start next year, 2010!
I Hope the make one from Santo domingo to Santiago, and then just keep doing to puerto plata and other important cities. From where to where is going to be the second line? i was talking to my mom and she told me from los alcarrizos but she wasnt sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of177
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Haiti Forum right now

Search the Haiti Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pat Robertson shrugs off adultery (May '13) Wed Do Not Call 3
US deports more than 250 Haitians (Dec '11) Wed stop being so selfish 221
why dominican women love haitian men? (Dec '09) Jul 7 Trey 716
why are they calling haitians latinos? (Nov '08) Jun 28 yodanyrd 475
Canada, U.S. issue Haiti travel advisory Jun 27 HaitianFist 1
Why Sean Penn is Wrong About Haiti Jun 27 HaitianFist 2
Dating a Haitian man?????? (Jun '12) Jun 19 Rosus 200
•••
•••