Posted in the Guyana Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Johnlw

UK

#1 Oct 2, 2006
Hi

Iím looking for any information about Desiree Malik (aka Desiree De Freitas nee Desiree De Souza). She is/was the Guyanese wife of Michael Abdul Malik (aka Michael X). Malik was hung for murder in Trinidad in 1975. Desiree went back to Guyana with her four children. I heard that she met another man in Guyana, who ripped her off, but I have no details, or any information as to what happened next. I would be very grateful for any information as Iím working on a book on Malik.

Thanks in advance

John Williams
Hassina Malik

Yeovil, UK

#2 Mar 23, 2007
I am the daughter of Desiree and Michael Malik. You may give John Williams who asked for info on my mother my email address. hassina1@hotmail.co.uk
Hassina Malik

Yeovil, UK

#3 Mar 23, 2007
Johnlw wrote:
Hi
Iím looking for any information about Desiree Malik (aka Desiree De Freitas nee Desiree De Souza). She is/was the Guyanese wife of Michael Abdul Malik (aka Michael X). Malik was hung for murder in Trinidad in 1975. Desiree went back to Guyana with her four children. I heard that she met another man in Guyana, who ripped her off, but I have no details, or any information as to what happened next. I would be very grateful for any information as Iím working on a book on Malik.
Thanks in advance
John Williams
I am the daughter of Desiree and Michael Malik. You may give John Williams who asked for info on my mother my email address. hassina1@hotmail.co.uk
seeta

Trinidad and Tobago

#5 Nov 10, 2007
imy name is seeta i am trinidadian by birth ,i was 22yrs old when theyhang michael i was wonderin g what happen to desseri the last i heard of her is when she sat at a tree root waiting for the excuation I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANY THING ABOUT THE FAMILY AGAIN
I AM A MOTHER OF 5 AND A GRANDMOTHER OF 3
I GREW UP IN TORONTO SO I CAN HARDLY REMEMBER THE DETAILS OF THE SENERIO
THANK U FOR ALLOWING ME THE SPACE TO VOICE MY OPENION
taai

Trinidad and Tobago

#6 May 9, 2008
It's so strange that I live in Trinidad and I had never heard about Michael Abdul Malik! I saw The movie (Bank Job) couple nights ago and after the movie I went online to do some research about Michael X and the life he led. I was so amazed!
Angela Wickers

Athens, Greece

#7 Jun 2, 2008
Hi John What is your interest in Michael Malik and why are you writing a book on him - did you know him?
Angela Wickers

Athens, Greece

#8 Jun 2, 2008
PS Re my question why? annd did you know Michael Malik - Were you one of his followers? or are you just facinated by the case You can reply to me - angelawickers@hotmail.com
Ms Joyeau

Warren, NJ

#9 Jul 28, 2008
Seeing the movie reminded me about the uproar that went along with the hanging of Abdul Malik, as we knew him then. I was 8 yrs old when all this took place. I remembered the curfews and the fear and reverence of him. It was a scary time. But seeing the movie actually got me to go online and google him, to try and find out the kind of person he was. I am a Trinidadian, Blanchisseuse to be exact, I now reside in Lithonia Georgia with my 2 kids
slee

Port-of-spain, Trinidad and Tobago

#10 Aug 14, 2008
i saw the movie on Michael X and was facinated by what i saw. I am also wondering if anyone knows anything more about him and his life in trinidad.
Media Critic

Georgetown, Guyana

#11 Aug 14, 2008
how can u be facinated with a man who was a pimp , drug pusher and a muder.
let me give you some infor. on your Michael X
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_X
READ THIS AND YOU WILL KNOW ABOUT YOUR HERO.
gtbq

Levittown, PA

#12 Aug 14, 2008
i think i remember they found him in a coal pit hiding.
Media Critic wrote:
how can u be facinated with a man who was a pimp , drug pusher and a muder.
let me give you some infor. on your Michael X
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_X
READ THIS AND YOU WILL KNOW ABOUT YOUR HERO.
Media Critic

Georgetown, Guyana

#13 Aug 18, 2008
i thik so too.
Media Critic

Georgetown, Guyana

#14 Aug 18, 2008
i think so .
de vagrant

Canada

#15 Sep 9, 2008
They had no case on Malik until one of his boys by the name of "Parmasar" started talking up a storm...he told them about the killing of Skeritt(the barber) and the English woman(Gail Ann Benson).Parmasar only sold out because (1) he was scared that Malik was gonna come after him next and(2)they were looking to charge him also.This Murder Case made the career of Karl Hudson Phillips,since he was the Prosecuter for the Crown and he got to birds with one stone...Abdul Malik and one of his henchmen..Stanley Abbott...They were both Hanged by the neck.The Lord Kitchener Made up a Claypso about Parmasar it's called "Parmasar they say you to congosa"..
I hope I helped in some little way.
De Vagrant.
K IN USA

Kearny, NJ

#16 Oct 7, 2008
IT IS SO FUNNY I JUST SAW THE MOVIE AND SEARCHED THE WEB AND ONLY THEN DID IT TRIGGER A MEMORY OF HEARING THE NAME MALIK AND ALWAYS HAVING A SENSE OF FEAR. I WAS BORN IN MARCH OF 1970 AND SO EVEN THOUGH MY MOTHER TALKS ABOUT ME BEING BORN IN THE YEAR OF CHANGE IT IS INTERESTING TO KNOW WHY THAT NAME ALWAYS INSPIRED FEAR IN ME. FOR THOSE OUT THERE WHO WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER DIME ON THIS MAN'S. LIFE CONSIDER HIS WIFE WHO LOST HER HUSBAND HIS CHILDREN WHO LOST THEIR FATHER AND THE FAMILIES OF THE PEOPLE HE ALLEGEDLY KILLED OR OTHER WISE IS THERE NOTHING ELSE IN THIS WORLD TO GIVE LIFE TO. HOW ABOUT THE LEVEL OF CRIME IN MY COUNTRY TRINIDAD, THAT I NO LONGER FEEL SAFE IN MY HOMETOWN, I NO LONGER VISIT I STAY IN WHAT IS BECOMING A PROGRESSIVELY DANGEROUS BUT LESS SCARY NEIGHBORHOOD. SO MR JOHN WILLIAM WHY DON'T YOU WRITE ABOUT A COUNTRY THAT WAS ONCE CALLED A PARADISE IS NOW ON CNN AND THE LONDON NEWS NOT BECAUSE WE ARE BEAUTIFUL BUT BECAUSE OF OUR CRIME. OPEN A NICE CAN OF WORMS INSTEAD WE NEED AS MUCH PEACE AS WE CAN GET DON'T ADD TO THE GRIEF.
gtxxclusive

Georgetown, Guyana

#17 Oct 8, 2008
I lived in Trinidad for a while,i heard this guy was involved in all kinds of criminal activities.How can someone be facinated by this guys action,he deserved whatever happened to him.Its a pity, his wife and young children have to pay for his deeds.
gtxxclusive

Georgetown, Guyana

#18 Oct 8, 2008
slee wrote:
i saw the movie on Michael X and was facinated by what i saw. I am also wondering if anyone knows anything more about him and his life in trinidad.
Go to the library in Ramsaran street Chaguanas,if its still there there is a lot of information on this guy,your so called hero.
Niyah

Brookline, MA

#19 Oct 15, 2008
Greetings:

Regarding mysterious Trinidad murders in 1970's...
Specifically murderers) of Gail Benson.
Has your journalistic research uncovered the whereabouts of Kidogo f/k/a Melvin (Marvin) Deane? He was a fugitive who fled to Boston, MA in 1972/1973. He was primary eyewitness who perjured himself and testified in a trial which wrongfully convicted my husband for murder of Hakim Jamal in Boston, Massachusetts (USA).
My E-mail is niyah3@aol.com. I am a paralegal.
Thank you kindly if you have any leads on whether there was ever an extradition of Melvin Deane a/k/a Kidogo.

Niyah Abdus-Saboor
TELL IT

Lawrenceville, GA

#20 Oct 16, 2008
NEVER FELT SO GOOD ABOUT JUSTICE. WHEN I WAS 14 YRS. OLD, ABDUL MALIK WAS HANGED FOR MURDER. I WAITED TO HEAR THE NEWS ON THE RADIO BEFORE GOING TO SCHOOL THAT DAY. I FOLLOWED THE TRIAL IN THE NEWSPAPER AND THINK THAT JUSTICE WAS PARTIALLY SERVED BECAUSE EVERYONE INVOLVED IN THE STINKNESS WAS NOT MADE TO PAY.
homewrecker

Goffstown, NH

#21 Nov 24, 2008
Niyah wrote:
Greetings:
Regarding mysterious Trinidad murders in 1970's...
Specifically murderers) of Gail Benson.
Has your journalistic research uncovered the whereabouts of Kidogo f/k/a Melvin (Marvin) Deane? He was a fugitive who fled to Boston, MA in 1972/1973. He was primary eyewitness who perjured himself and testified in a trial which wrongfully convicted my husband for murder of Hakim Jamal in Boston, Massachusetts (USA).
My E-mail is niyah3@aol.com. I am a paralegal.
Thank you kindly if you have any leads on whether there was ever an extradition of Melvin Deane a/k/a Kidogo.
Niyah Abdus-Saboor
http://openvault.wgbh.org/saybrother/MLA00111...

these men were convicted of the murder of Hakim Jamal & dini is still in jail and hopefully does not get out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guyana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guyanese immigrants must be treated with respec... (Jun '09) Sep 14 jnspector 30
Party Practicing Polarisation and Corruption Sep 14 jnspector 2
Norway agency warns of Chinese risk in Amaila p... Sep 14 jnspector 2
What is it like living in guyana? (Jun '11) Sep 11 CONCERNED STUDENT 33
Airports not meeting security standards -Benn Sep 9 Woodie 54 2
US approves setting up DEA office in Guyana Sep 7 watchdog inspector 3
making money with premium rate numbers Aug 28 parascorp8 1
•••

Guyana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••