Kathleen Parker: Small-town values don't require a small town

Full story: DispatchPolitics
We've heard much these past few years about "small-town values," most recently iterated and personified by Sarah Palin. Full Story
Ronda

United States

#1 Aug 6, 2010
Hey Kathleen, i just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading this article. I am from a small town in LA aka Lower Alabama...a town where everybody knows everybody, notices when there is a strange vehicle in a neighbors driveway, stops to give a young couple a ride when you see them walking down the road cause you know that was their car pulled off in the grass because they spent their money on a coke and a candybar instead of the gas they now wish they had bought instead. I smile when I think back on all the stuff my friends and I did when we were growing up there, nothing illegal or destructive, just good ole country fun. Well, I'm all grown up now and live in the big city of Navarre, Fl. where I read your article in a small town paper and loved it. It's great to know that a gay couple can live "openly" in DC and be truly accepted and loved for who they are....they sound like great friends and I'm sure they will be missed......AWSOME neighbors!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Guatemala Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.S. should stump up billions to curb Central A... Oct '14 ItsCrazy 5
Mayan Peoples Movement Defeats Monsanto Law in ... Sep '14 BeHereNow 2
EEUU: Biden descarta un “Plan Colombia” en Cent... Aug '14 La noticia en Gua... 1
Gobierno contrata firma para hacer lobby en EE.... Aug '14 La noticia en Gua... 1
Perez Molina pide 2,000 millones para crisis mi... Aug '14 La noticia en Gua... 1
Quake rocks Guatemala, Mexico, newborn baby amo... Jul '14 what of New Madri... 1
'Welcome migrants to the US': Obama says change... Jul '14 Amigo 4
More from around the web