paulino

Leesville, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2013

Im chamorro from guam. And overall people from guam are short. Everytime i go back to guam i feel tall at 5'8. My dad was 5'11 along with his brother and my grandfather, which is tall for a chamorro. But chamorros historically arent short. Sadly the people you see today who identify as chamorro arent actually full chamorro. Infact the last pure blood chamorro died centuries ago. When the spanish discovered Guam, they descibed the locals as tall and robust. After years of war and disease the local population dropped from around 50,thousand to 5 thousand. the spanish brought people from nearby colonies to repopulate namely filipinos and mexicans. These ethnic groups tend to be short. The spanish also were short.
I identify with being chamorro, cause my grandparents all had chamorro ancestry. But one has also had filipino ancestry the other has spanish the other has chinese and on and on.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Guam Forum right now

Search the Guam Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Does Guam Suck? (Mar '09) 21 hr mycyberquest 642
The island's proud past celebrated 21 hr mycyberquest 2
I am looking for a new business partner!! (Dec '08) Sun Wisdom Joshua 714
Looking for travel agency partner (Feb '12) Jul 15 Gurung 13
I'm in love with a Chamorro (Feb '08) Jul 2 chamorro guy 153
Everest base camp trek with Nepal Himalayas Tre... Jun '14 Hafiz 3
14 days Everest base camp trekking Jun '14 Pitter 3
•••
•••