Why are Dutch people so anti-German?

Why are Dutch people so anti-German?

Posted in the Germany Forum

First Prev
of 60
Next Last
Rebecca

Cambridge, Canada

#1 Jul 23, 2008
All of the Dutch people I have ever known decidedly hate Germans. They always bring up the war and freely insult the country and its people. While most countries have moved on, they just can't forgive Germans while Germans themselves are willing to be respectful to them. It might not be this way for all Dutch people, but that's just from my own experience.

Judged:

18

11

6

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“God Save The Queen”

Since: Jul 08

Washington, DC

#5 Jul 24, 2008
Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>
Germany stands for a lot of things - a beautiful country, nice cars, athletic people, and so on - and Holland stands for, what, farming?
Some might say that Germany stands for Nazism, intolerance and the murder of countless innocents. Some real twisted evil phucks in that part of the world.

Some might say Holland stands liberal law, manipulation of land to create a favorable environment from a hostile one (land reclamation), Gouda cheese, marijuana and Heineken beer. Not to mention those keen wooden shoes and the nifty windmills.

Holland wins by a landslide !

Judged:

19

10

7

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ray ray

Glendale, AZ

#6 Jul 24, 2008
The Fonz

Cambridge, Canada

#11 Jul 31, 2008
Rebecca wrote:
All of the Dutch people I have ever known decidedly hate Germans. They always bring up the war and freely insult the country and its people. While most countries have moved on, they just can't forgive Germans while Germans themselves are willing to be respectful to them. It might not be this way for all Dutch people, but that's just from my own experience.
Many people mistakenly think that when they exhibit dislike or hate for Germany, it will automatically put them on the moral high ground.
This is a common phenomenon among ignorant people who let [too much] national pride guide their thinking and can often, in effect, not see past their flag pole.

Since: Jun 08

Cambridge, Canada

#12 Jul 31, 2008
The Fonz wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people mistakenly think that when they exhibit dislike or hate for Germany, it will automatically put them on the moral high ground.
This is a common phenomenon among ignorant people who let [too much] national pride guide their thinking and can often, in effect, not see past their flag pole.
You've hit the nail right on the head.
Jack Russell

Porirua, New Zealand

#13 Jul 31, 2008
The joke is that the Dutch ARE Germans - Low Saxons or Niederdeutscher.
They are liberal on drug policy, something the rest of the world would benefit from and the rest of Germany is following that lead too.
But when it comes to Muslims, they should remember Voltaire: "I may totally disagree with what you say but I will defend to the last your right to say it." Violent Muslims in the Netherlands should be, at the very least, deported and, if no-one can be found to accept them (which would be very understandable), they should be dumped in Mecca.
Rebecca

Cambridge, Canada

#14 Aug 4, 2008
The Fonz wrote:
<quoted text>
Many people mistakenly think that when they exhibit dislike or hate for Germany, it will automatically put them on the moral high ground.
This is a common phenomenon among ignorant people who let [too much] national pride guide their thinking and can often, in effect, not see past their flag pole.
Good point. I know a lot of people who do win people's admiration by saying bad things about Germany and I hate it. As soon as you put down the Germans, you're an angel in our society. A lot of people do it, but I've just noticed that every Dutch person I've ever known does it.

Since: Jun 08

Cambridge, Canada

#15 Aug 4, 2008
Rebecca wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. I know a lot of people who do win people's admiration by saying bad things about Germany and I hate it. As soon as you put down the Germans, you're an angel in our society. A lot of people do it, but I've just noticed that every Dutch person I've ever known does it.
Intersting thing is that after WW2 the Dutch, in contrast to France, Belgium and pretty much all other formerly occupied countries, have never really had a very forgiving attitude and moved on to the new era. They make quite a large deal about thanking the Allies for liberating them to this day. I'm sure that a lot of it has to do with the fact that the SS had many Dutch volunteers. Maybe they are also disappointed that they didn't get to occupy an area in Germany of their own after WW2.
Rebecca

Cambridge, Canada

#16 Aug 5, 2008
Foie Gras Fox wrote:
<quoted text>
Intersting thing is that after WW2 the Dutch, in contrast to France, Belgium and pretty much all other formerly occupied countries, have never really had a very forgiving attitude and moved on to the new era. They make quite a large deal about thanking the Allies for liberating them to this day. I'm sure that a lot of it has to do with the fact that the SS had many Dutch volunteers. Maybe they are also disappointed that they didn't get to occupy an area in Germany of their own after WW2.
I know. Most countries have moved on but the Dutch just can't for some reason. The thing is that they just make themselves look like idiots by still holding these pathetic grudges.

“wat”

Since: Apr 08

Kraut-City

#17 Aug 5, 2008
eh? i never saw a dutch talking crap about germans. it's always the british who talk crap... island apes.... ;)

“Talk to me :D”

Since: Jul 08

Karlsruhe

#18 Aug 6, 2008
We don`t care what the cheese heads think about us
;-)
Rebecca

Cambridge, Canada

#19 Aug 6, 2008
Conny wrote:
We don`t care what the cheese heads think about us
;-)
Yeah, why would you care? It's not like anyone listens to the Dutch anyway, or that they have some amazing country or stand for any real importance in the world. Probably they put down the Germans to make themselves feel better or something, even though no one actually cares what they think.
Dutch mark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#22 Aug 25, 2008
ok you britisch Chip Munks need to shut up you talk for the dutch WHEN you arent DUTCH so ... we hate germans ... who sayd that ... i dont think you have got many dutch friends then as Far as i know i dont hate them i even like them i go on holiday with them even ife got german girl friend -_-.... my grand father and mother died thanks to the germans but that didnt say theyre all bad ! didnt say that wat the germans did was good in wo2 but wat britsch did in india WASNT ALSO GOOD !
Dutch mark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#23 Aug 25, 2008
EastCoatBrit ok you need to st fu that dutch are wimps dude First thing THANKS TO YOUR NAVAL UNITS YOURE SHIT HOLE COUNTRY ( dont mean it ) wasnt FUCKD UP BY BOATS JACK ASS YOU MAKE ME TERRIBLE MAD DUDE FIRST THING TRY TO SAY WAT YOU JSUT SAYD HERE ON THIS TOPIC IN AMSTERDAM YOUR FACE WIL TURN OUT LIKE A PUSSY THEN !
Rebecca

Cambridge, Canada

#24 Aug 25, 2008
Dutch mark wrote:
ok you britisch Chip Munks need to shut up you talk for the dutch WHEN you arent DUTCH so ... we hate germans ... who sayd that ... i dont think you have got many dutch friends then as Far as i know i dont hate them i even like them i go on holiday with them even ife got german girl friend -_-.... my grand father and mother died thanks to the germans but that didnt say theyre all bad ! didnt say that wat the germans did was good in wo2 but wat britsch did in india WASNT ALSO GOOD !
OK, thanks for your forgiveness, but can you speak for most other Dutch people when you say you don't hate Germans?
Dutch mark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#25 Aug 27, 2008
me including my family also that are over 50 People ........ and our hole family lives in Amsterdam My friends when i didnt hat my german girl friend liked germans also .... so i dont how you get that faking idee dude/miss SO NEVER WHRITE ANY BULL shit !
harry

Austria

#26 Aug 27, 2008
dutch cames from the word "deutsch".
history in europe is not easy to explain.
the saxxons came from north germany and occopied england, so
the language is nearly the same.
and the dutch, the austrians (i am from) and germany have their common history in the "deutscher Bund".
we hate together and we love us - like in a normal relationsship.
and in usa, the most of the inhabitans have their origine in
germany - about 20% followed by the irish and the english guys.
so what do they want to hate in usa and canada, when the
most of them of german origin - or like england, have a
germanic origine?
thanks, and sorry for my grammar.

“myspace.com/jeri shermaine ”

Since: Nov 07

Texas

#28 Aug 27, 2008
people are so stupid, they have to divide themselves up like a stupid pack of dogs. I am from here and I am from here...who Fcking cares? may i remind you were are all human, disliking someone purly because they are from a differant land or because they talk differantly or look differantly is an ignorant and idiotic thing to do.

dear lord.*smh*
harry

Austria

#29 Aug 27, 2008
thanks for calling me a fool - but the topic is "do the dutch hate the germans - i said no, they donĀ“t.

and you comes with the bible? hm
Germaican

Germany

#30 Aug 27, 2008
I am from Germany, its the football.
We dont hate, thats the wrong word. It is more about fun and jokes, then about a real problem with each other....
mostly news/reports or however i can tell this halfknowledge, it`s totally wrong shown...
And they are nerved why we use their coffeshops.... hundrets of peaple every day make a journey to netherland for theuir great green weed, we like to spliff so much ;-) we smoke their weed, thats their prob^^ no, no, their arent real probs with us!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 60
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Europe, there's a sense that Trump could act... 17 hr IsisTrannyBathrooms 2
News Kerry at G7: No apology for Hiroshima 18 hr George 32
KEEP ==>>THE TURKlSH ISLAMIC MUSLIM SAVAGES OU... Tue TURKS RSAVAGES 1
News Obama says new US troops in Syria will be essen... May 2 Cat74 112
News Right-wing German party Alternative for Germany... May 1 Go AFD 3
News 400 arrested in protests at Germany far-right c... May 1 ATHENA the MACEDO... 5
Greeks are white Jews/South Italians/Turks/Anda... (Mar '11) May 1 Niko 75
More from around the web