Poland aims to be a more assertive po...

Poland aims to be a more assertive power player in Europe

There are 1343 comments on the Christian Science Monitor story from Jul 23, 2013, titled Poland aims to be a more assertive power player in Europe. In it, Christian Science Monitor reports that:

As Poland prepared to join the European Union , French President Jacques Chirac in 2003 told the Poles to "shut up" about their support for the unpopular, US-led invasion of Iraq.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Christian Science Monitor.

“ I'm proud”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#23 Jul 25, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
What a bunch of nonsense indeed.
Your first mistake is to assume that I am Russian. In fact I am British and see this episode purely from a British point of view.
I have no sympathy for Poland whatsoever; for me it's an historical failure, a country that would have been left forgotten. I blame my country and France for bringing it back to life artificially after WWI. It was better left dead.
Its resurrection caused Europe another world war and misery on an unprecedented scale. My country, and France made two mistakes:first by re-creating Poland and then by pretending to support it. In fact, they had no reason to do either. In 1918/20 it was out of spite with Russia and Germant, in 1939 it was out of fear of both.
Poland has never been of any interest to Britain, and never will. That doesn't detract from the fact that Poles coming to UK are valuable people and welcome here. Their migration is sure indication that they have no great faith in the future of their country!
Apart from that, I am a great fan of Russia, so I won't share your views on the subject. Depicting Russia as an aggressor is rather ridiculous: Russia has been under attack from most of its history, and its military footprint is small compared to the USA.
Who are you kidding?

On the UK forum you have taken the side of Slavs including Poles, OVER the native Brits. You are no real Brit.

Come on Ronan/Robespierre everyone knows you don't have British roots. You have Russian roots. You are a Russian-Brit. And there's nothing wrong with that so I don't know why you are so ashamed of saying you have Russian ancestry. NO normal Brit would be as Pro-Russian as you are since Russia and Britain have generally bad relations.

Britain in general is not too happy that Russia's government has assasinated Russian British citizen dissidents in Britian. Like that one poor Russian guy in Britain who the Russian FSB poisoned with Polonium-210.

Before you tried to play yourself as a French guy (with your Robespierre name) and now you are trying to say you are a "British" guy. LOL What will you say you are next?

You are a Molotov-Ribbentrop Russian nationalist.

You LOVE the Germans up UNTIL they invaded Russia.

How can any Russian nationalist be so proud of Moscow's massive collaboration with Nazi Germany?

Check out the Soviet Story which clearly illustrates the LOVE AFFAIR Moscow had with Nazi Germany. This is shameful for any Proud Russian.

http://www.sovietstory.com/about-the-film/

See 1:10 and 5:10 on how Moscow was GLEEFULLY helping Nazi Germans with fuel, war materials and FOOD when many Soviet citizens, especially Ukrainians were STARVED. Moscow felt it was MUCH MORE important for the Nazi Germans to have food instead of Soviet citizens especially Ukrainians. How can you as a Russian/Russia-lover have pride in that????

“ I'm proud”

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#24 Jul 25, 2013
See 0.19 here

AND FREINDSHIP it was between Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia.

Indeed just look at the how the Nazi German soldiers and Soviet Russian soldiers were looking at each other like they were the BEST OF FRIENDS. They were always smiling at each other and partying with each other. This is what rio/ronan/Robespierre is so proud of.

How can any Proud Russian be proud of that??
Jai

Ashburn, VA

#25 Jul 25, 2013
Kill dumb polaks in huge number and cremate their dead bodies.Useless creatures.
Clear Dharma

Coronado, Portugal

#26 Jul 25, 2013
Britain and France are moving to the edge. Within 50 years they will be inconsequential.

Germany and Russia, once the psychopathic tendencies have been removed are on two opposite ends of the human spectrum. They both lack a balanced view of the world and of themselves. Poland will grow in stature and bring humanity back in the governance of Europe.

I'm not talking about street level points scoring here. As I explained previously, there is no real leadership in Europe. Even governments succumb to trivial protection of self interest. This is living 100 years in the past. Political change at this point is nor linear. There is a step dislocation in political progress which only Poland is equipped to fully capitalize on.

That's the way it is.
rio

London, UK

#27 Jul 25, 2013
Clear Dharma wrote:
There is a step dislocation in political progress which only Poland is equipped to fully capitalize on.
Ha, ha, ha....

Poland actually survives thanks to German charity discreetly channeled through the EU.

Say it's not true.
rio

London, UK

#28 Jul 25, 2013
Proud Russian wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you kidding?
On the UK forum you have taken the side of Slavs including Poles, OVER the native Brits. You are no real Brit.
Come on Ronan/Robespierre everyone knows you don't have British roots. You have Russian roots. You are a Russian-Brit. And there's nothing wrong with that so I don't know why you are so ashamed of saying you have Russian ancestry. NO normal Brit would be as Pro-Russian as you are since Russia and Britain have generally bad relations.
Britain in general is not too happy that Russia's government has assasinated Russian British citizen dissidents in Britian. Like that one poor Russian guy in Britain who the Russian FSB poisoned with Polonium-210.
Before you tried to play yourself as a French guy (with your Robespierre name) and now you are trying to say you are a "British" guy. LOL What will you say you are next?
You are a Molotov-Ribbentrop Russian nationalist.
You LOVE the Germans up UNTIL they invaded Russia.
How can any Russian nationalist be so proud of Moscow's massive collaboration with Nazi Germany?
Check out the Soviet Story which clearly illustrates the LOVE AFFAIR Moscow had with Nazi Germany. This is shameful for any Proud Russian.
http://www.sovietstory.com/about-the-film/
See 1:10 and 5:10 on how Moscow was GLEEFULLY helping Nazi Germans with fuel, war materials and FOOD when many Soviet citizens, especially Ukrainians were STARVED. Moscow felt it was MUCH MORE important for the Nazi Germans to have food instead of Soviet citizens especially Ukrainians. How can you as a Russian/Russia-lover have pride in that????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Tm2Z8I_xqX0XX
We are in 2013, but you are stuck in 1939 it seems.
rio

London, UK

#29 Jul 25, 2013
Proud Russian wrote:
<quoted text>
You have Russian roots. You are a Russian-Brit. And there's nothing wrong with that so I don't know why you are so ashamed of saying you have Russian ancestry.
I would certainly not be ashamed to have Russian ancestry if it was true, but it isn't.
I simply love the country, probably in raction to my strong distaste of the USA.

But I am used to that sort of pigeonholing: some also say that I am Muslim, them a Turk, or even ... French.

I leave people get muddled up; I know that I am a Brit.
FrenchEatFrogs

Waterbury, CT

#30 Jul 25, 2013
Great allies of Poland today!!!

OCD fussy chimp fits to the rescue!~!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#31 Jul 25, 2013
FrenchEatFrogs wrote:
Great allies of Poland today!!!

OCD fussy chimp fits to the rescue!~!
No. Limpy cares little about Polakia. He would much rather chimp out about the Jews.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#32 Jul 25, 2013
Pro Ukraine wrote:
That's ronan he's an idiot, but he's right on this occaision, Poland won't be a dominant force in Europe within 10 years, Germany and France will continue to dominate the EU for decades.
Forever. The other EU members are just colonial possessions. The evil empire is run by...

As for Polaks... too dim-witted for self governance.
rio

London, UK

#33 Jul 25, 2013
Clear Dharma wrote:
Britain and France are moving to the edge. Within 50 years they will be inconsequential.
That maybe so, but Poland will not become a superpower!!!
Pro Ukraine

Woodford Green, UK

#34 Jul 25, 2013
Joisey Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Forever. The other EU members are just colonial possessions. The evil empire is run by...
The evil empire? What has the USSR got to do with this.
Clear Dharma

Coronado, Portugal

#35 Jul 25, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
That maybe so, but Poland will not become a superpower!!!
I've got news for you ... Britain, France and Germany will never become superpowers.

And in the end the superpowers will disintegrate under the weight of their size, so its no big deal. Your mentality is stuck in the 1930's.

What we're talking as about here is influence and change. This is above all what the old powers, now under achieving nations fear most. Being pushed down tha table to be also rans.
Clear Dharma

Coronado, Portugal

#36 Jul 25, 2013
Joisey Abe wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your opinions to yourself until you can explain to me why kosher ritual slaughter of animals -being bled to death upside down in prolonged anguish - is beneficial to your God. Having a shitty little opinion is not good enough. Explain tu yourself lucidly or fckoff back to the mental asylum.
rio

London, UK

#37 Jul 25, 2013
Clear Dharma wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got news for you ... Britain, France and Germany will never become superpowers.
And in the end the superpowers will disintegrate under the weight of their size, so its no big deal. Your mentality is stuck in the 1930's.
What we're talking as about here is influence and change. This is above all what the old powers, now under achieving nations fear most. Being pushed down tha table to be also rans.
I've got news for you ... Britain and France HAVE been superpower in their time. Both countries has empires that shaped the world and were once economically dominant. We know it's now over and I am certainly not nostalgic about that myself.

Britain is now 6th in world ranking, and will be 15th by 2020. Predictions are that it will be 25th by 2050. Those are economic experts forecasts.

Personally, I am not worried about that. To be honest, I don't care. Empires come and go. We have been there, bought the t-shirt, etc...

By the end of this century, the superpowers will be China, India and Brazil, according to the pundits. Other countries will emerge in world raking also, like Turkey, Vietnam, others will make some come back like Russia or South Africa, thanks to a mixture of factors including demographic changes, accesss to resources, market size, population development, etc...

But nowhere, absolutely nowhere have I read that Poland will become a top player. In fact, forecasts are rather gloomy for Eastern and Central Europe. Don't blame me, I am just repeating what the experts say...
rio

London, UK

#38 Jul 25, 2013
Clear Dharma wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your opinions to yourself until you can explain to me why kosher ritual slaughter of animals -being bled to death upside down in prolonged anguish - is beneficial to your God.
The key word is SACRIFICE.
The ritual includes the sacrifice of the animal to God.
A belief common to all Abrahamic religions.
You need to read the Bible to understand.

The animal become unconscious within 10 seconds if the cut is performed swiftly. The butcher severs the arteries leading to the brain.
It's less painfulk than the stunning method which is not successful in many instances and let the animal to be butchered fully conscious.
Clear Dharma

Coronado, Portugal

#39 Jul 25, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
The key word is SACRIFICE.
The ritual includes the sacrifice of the animal to God.
A belief common to all Abrahamic religions.
You need to read the Bible to understand.
The animal become unconscious within 10 seconds if the cut is performed swiftly. The butcher severs the arteries leading to the brain.
It's less painfulk than the stunning method which is not successful in many instances and let the animal to be butchered fully conscious.
Again you're reporting what the experts say. Again I don't believe this either. I'll leave it for a Jewish expert to answer what effect ritually sacrificing millions of animals in kosher abbatoirs with some horrendous effects has on the 'well being' of God and his chosen.
rio

London, UK

#40 Jul 25, 2013
Clear Dharma wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you're reporting what the experts say. Again I don't believe this either. I'll leave it for a Jewish expert to answer what effect ritually sacrificing millions of animals in kosher abbatoirs with some horrendous effects has on the 'well being' of God and his chosen.
It's a belief, and you cannot fight a belief.
Beliefs are by definition irrational.
Clear Dharma

Coronado, Portugal

#41 Jul 26, 2013
rio wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a belief, and you cannot fight a belief.
Beliefs are by definition irrational.
If you want to approach God thru a belief system you still need to be able to rationalize that the belief is beneficial to both God and man. Otherwise you cannot support that belief. Belief system need to be thought through, therefore I am interested to listen to the answer fr Jewish point of view. Why induce abject horror in a beast if that is avoidable?

To me it lacks awareness of the divinity in all things ... Takes the view that all thongs are provided to man to use, abuse and spoil as his ego desires. That is not the basis of a health relationship, and needs to be debated in the open. Its a subject that both the Muslims and the Jews want to avoid.

Perhaps they feel they do not need to justify their actions ...but they are wrong.
rio

Bromley, UK

#42 Jul 26, 2013
Clear Dharma wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a subject that both the Muslims and the Jews want to avoid.
Perhaps they feel they do not need to justify their actions ...but they are wrong.
They don't have to justify their beliefs to you!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The EUROPIAN Union:a failed experiment. 17 hr john 1
News Slovakia Bars Islam from Becoming Official Reli... Thu Long live slovakia 1
News Stuttgarter Hofbrau Beer Now available in the USA (Nov '08) Nov 29 BillyD 125
News A respectful but firm message to Mr. Trump Nov 28 WATCHDOG 11
Are Germans bad people? (Dec '14) Nov 27 george 24
News Why I remember Kristallnacht Nov 27 james 2
GREECE+lTALY+SPAIN+FRANCE+PORTUGAL==>>SCRAP EUR... Nov 26 Jim 2
More from around the web