Which religion will dominate in Europe in 2050 ?

Created by christian on Oct 26, 2007

850 votes

Click on an option to vote

Christianity

Islam :(

Buddism

Judaism

other

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
American

Springfield, MO

#1 Oct 26, 2007
Religions are of man and mean nothing. Only the Lord Jesus Christ and His Word matter. Besides Jesus the Lord of Hosts is coming again and this time not as the Lamb of God but the all conquering Lord God Almighty!
Windservice

Bari, Italy

#2 Oct 27, 2007
Absolutely christian religion!
Christians will be separated and allied under the guide of Christ, the immortal, the King of the christians...
There were 70 weeks to eliminate the sin:
there has been 62 weeks untill Jesus, then there has been 7 weeks from Jesus to Christ(His return), now there is the last week of the son of man...(The PRINCE... of this world by John Gospel, the second.. Consacrated Prince by Daniel 70 weeks).
weepingbob

Abenberg, Germany

#3 Oct 28, 2007
r u guys nuts!!??
Windservice

Sanluri, Italy

#4 Oct 29, 2007
weepingbob wrote:
r u guys nuts!!??
What?!
Lay persons are due to lose...
If you want to be christian then it's my explanation about Daniel 70 seeks.

first period : "62 weeks" untill Jesus

second period: "7 weeks" from Jesus to His return

third period : "1 week" now..., the week of Christ, the Cherub..., the blade, Jesus return...
Renman

Whittier, CA

#5 Nov 8, 2007
Seems like the religion of Atheism is attempting to ersdicate Christianity from Europe, while at the same time welcoming in Muslims. That's a recipe for diaster, what the hell are you guys over thinking? "Tolerance" and "inclusion" are going to kill you, literally and figuratively. Your backbone is gone. How sad.
Renman

Whittier, CA

#6 Nov 8, 2007
*eradicate
Arindam

Qatar

#7 Nov 8, 2007
Renman wrote:
Seems like the religion of Atheism is attempting to eradicate Christianity from Europe, while at the same time welcoming in Muslims. That's a recipe for disaster, what the hell are you guys over thinking? "Tolerance" and "inclusion" are going to kill you, literally and figuratively. Your backbone is gone. How sad.
You'd think with their experience with Christianity, Europeans would be more wary of monotheist faiths stemming from the Middle East.

Yet, Europe is not the first place where Christianity gave way to Islam. North Africa was almost entirely Christian circa 500 AD; (Carthage was a major site of the Donatist heresy, and St Augustine was from a North African city); today it is almost entirely Muslim, with the Copts in Egypt being the last remnants of Christianity there.

Anatolia and Asia Minor were part and parcel of the Byzantine Empire and Christian in its heyday,(i.e. 400 to 1000 AD); Turkey is now 99% Muslim.

Was the Levant any different? It was filled with Jews and Christians prior to the Islamic conquest; today, apart from the Lebanese Christians and a dwindling number of Palestinian Christians, it is also overwhelmingly Muslim.

Iraq - same story - with many of the remaining Christians becoming refugees now.

There is one exception worth noting: Ethiopia - Christian 1800 years ago - and Christian today. Perhaps it is worth taking a closer look at that country, as a study of how a non-Muslim society can maintain itself in the midst of Islamic ones.
Renman

Whittier, CA

#8 Nov 8, 2007
Arindam wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd think with their experience with Christianity, Europeans would be more wary of monotheist faiths stemming from the Middle East.
Yet, Europe is not the first place where Christianity gave way to Islam. North Africa was almost entirely Christian circa 500 AD; (Carthage was a major site of the Donatist heresy, and St Augustine was from a North African city); today it is almost entirely Muslim, with the Copts in Egypt being the last remnants of Christianity there.
Anatolia and Asia Minor were part and parcel of the Byzantine Empire and Christian in its heyday,(i.e. 400 to 1000 AD); Turkey is now 99% Muslim.
Was the Levant any different? It was filled with Jews and Christians prior to the Islamic conquest; today, apart from the Lebanese Christians and a dwindling number of Palestinian Christians, it is also overwhelmingly Muslim.
Iraq - same story - with many of the remaining Christians becoming refugees now.
There is one exception worth noting: Ethiopia - Christian 1800 years ago - and Christian today. Perhaps it is worth taking a closer look at that country, as a study of how a non-Muslim society can maintain itself in the midst of Islamic ones.
Very good points to be sure....except Europe today is not embracing Christianity, it is expelling it. Atheists in America are attempting the very same thing. Does the world have a case-study as to how an Atheistic country survives amidst a flood of Islam?? Even WITHOUT inviting in all of the Muslims, Europe speeds up her own demise by rejecting Faith in God. Europe is doomed, I'm afraid, and that saddens me until I ponder that they are in fact bringing this on themselves.
Emil

Helsinki, Finland

#9 Nov 9, 2007
Renman wrote:
Seems like the religion of Atheism is attempting to ersdicate Christianity from Europe, while at the same time welcoming in Muslims. That's a recipe for diaster, what the hell are you guys over thinking? "Tolerance" and "inclusion" are going to kill you, literally and figuratively. Your backbone is gone. How sad.
Atheism isn't a religion.
religions cause wars homophoby sexism
if tollerance and inclusion kill you also intollerance and exclusion do
Renman

Whittier, CA

#10 Nov 10, 2007
Emil wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism isn't a religion.
religions cause wars homophoby sexism
if tollerance and inclusion kill you also intollerance and exclusion do
Tolerance and inclusion will invite disaster by applying moral relativism to everything. It says that all things and all people and ideas are "equal". This is patently false. By embracing atheism and immorality, and combining that with a belief that there is no good and bad, and no right and wrong, you will allow yourselves to overtaken by those that hate you. And you invite them to your doorstep by being overly open and tolerant. It's national suicide.
Arindam

Doha, Qatar

#11 Nov 10, 2007
Renman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolerance and inclusion will invite disaster by applying moral relativism to everything. It says that all things and all people and ideas are "equal". This is patently false. By embracing atheism and immorality, and combining that with a belief that there is no good and bad, and no right and wrong, you will allow yourselves to overtaken by those that hate you. And you invite them to your doorstep by being overly open and tolerant. It's national suicide.
Tolerance and inclusion are means to an end - they are not ends in themselves.

In many,(perhaps most) cases, it pays off to be tolerant. Let's remember that Holland, Britain and the United States were far more tolerant of religious heretics in the past than many other Western countries: this is one of the reasons why they prospered.

(Case in point: the revocation of the Edict of Nantes in France led to the expulsion/exile of most of its Hugenots - many of whom were skilled and intelligent individuals. Their skills ended up benefitting the countries they fled to - i.e. Holland, Britain and Prussia. To quote Gustav Le Bon's, The Psychology of Revolution, page 46:

"Under the pressure of the clergy, notably of Bossuett, the Edict of Nantes was revoked, and the Protestants were forced to accept conversion or to leave France. This disastrous emigration lasted a long time, and is said to have cost France 400,000 inhabitants, men of notable energy, since they had the courage to listen to their conscience rather than their interests.")

The problem is that tolerance is not ALWAYS beneficial - and this is something that those who moralize about the virtue of tolerance do not realize. There are times when it can be positively suicidal to be tolerant - namely when you are dealing with an expansionist faith that seeks to eradicate you. In this respect, the fate of the polytheist Arabs should be a warning to us. They tolerated Mohammed and his gang a little too long - and paid the price.

That even a strong people can be undone by its excessive tolerance, is demonstrated by the pagan Mongols who, despite destroying the empire of the Abbasids - were converted to Islam in the course of a single century. It is painful to note that the Mongols were far more tolerant of other faiths than the Muslims they defeated - yet it was precisely this tolerance that enabled the Muslims to convert the Mongols,(including a son of Hulagu Khan - the destroyer of Baghdad) to Islam.

Two centuries after fighting Islam, the Mongols were fighting to spread it - just like the Arabs, Persians and Turks before them.

(On the bright side: the Mongols in the East converted to Buddhism and lived happily ever after.)
Arindam

Doha, Qatar

#12 Nov 10, 2007
Renman wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the world have a case-study as to how an Atheistic country survives amidst a flood of Islam??
There's certainly no case study comparable to Ethiopia or Armenia - but that's because atheist societies are a relatively recent development.

However, the communist countries (which are officially atheist, and which strongly discourage the practice of religion in private and public life) may provide a case-study of sorts.

Two decades ago, I would have pointed to the Soviet Union as an example of an atheist society holding back the Islamic tide. But of course, the USSR no longer exists, and Russia's Muslim population is growing quite fast...
Renman

Whittier, CA

#13 Nov 10, 2007
Arindam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolerance and inclusion are means to an end - they are not ends in themselves.
In many,(perhaps most) cases, it pays off to be tolerant. Let's remember that Holland, Britain and the United States were far more tolerant of religious heretics in the past than many other Western countries: this is one of the reasons why they prospered.
(Case in point: the revocation of the Edict of Nantes in France led to the expulsion/exile of most of its Hugenots - many of whom were skilled and intelligent individuals. Their skills ended up benefitting the countries they fled to - i.e. Holland, Britain and Prussia. To quote Gustav Le Bon's, The Psychology of Revolution, page 46:
"Under the pressure of the clergy, notably of Bossuett, the Edict of Nantes was revoked, and the Protestants were forced to accept conversion or to leave France. This disastrous emigration lasted a long time, and is said to have cost France 400,000 inhabitants, men of notable energy, since they had the courage to listen to their conscience rather than their interests.")
The problem is that tolerance is not ALWAYS beneficial - and this is something that those who moralize about the virtue of tolerance do not realize. There are times when it can be positively suicidal to be tolerant - namely when you are dealing with an expansionist faith that seeks to eradicate you. In this respect, the fate of the polytheist Arabs should be a warning to us. They tolerated Mohammed and his gang a little too long - and paid the price.
That even a strong people can be undone by its excessive tolerance, is demonstrated by the pagan Mongols who, despite destroying the empire of the Abbasids - were converted to Islam in the course of a single century. It is painful to note that the Mongols were far more tolerant of other faiths than the Muslims they defeated - yet it was precisely this tolerance that enabled the Muslims to convert the Mongols,(including a son of Hulagu Khan - the destroyer of Baghdad) to Islam.
Two centuries after fighting Islam, the Mongols were fighting to spread it - just like the Arabs, Persians and Turks before them.
(On the bright side: the Mongols in the East converted to Buddhism and lived happily ever after.)
Excellent points, you are well read. It's a sad commentary on the times that Europe, which was once the cradle of Christianity and should still be, has lost it's ability to distinguish right from wrong, and draws no distinction between good and evil in the world. I believe this is a by product of their refusal to have faith in anything but their own gratification. In seeking constant pleasure and recreation, I suppose living a structured life of Christianity cramps their partying lifestyle. They ridicule people who attend church and live life with a moral compass, and are always in search of some sort of selfish aggrandizement. It's all about SELF. This is a huge reason that Western women refuse to have children and sacrifice for family. There will literaly be no "next generation" because having a family is just too difficult and not enough fun....so they remain unmarried and as far as who will be in their workforce since they can't pass the torch to kids they don't have....well they'll just import waves upon waves of Muslims. Recipe for disaster.

This saddens me somewhat because I am of European lineage and I hate to see this, but Europeans have been selfish and short-sighted and I don't weep for their demise because they have brought this on themselves.
supergod

Helsinki, Finland

#14 Nov 11, 2007
i don't need to believe in any "ghosd" superstition and its violence for making distinctions between good and bad.
jimbo

Bath, UK

#15 Nov 23, 2007
islam is for sea farers and christianity is for pope worshippers
dunce

Bath, UK

#16 Nov 23, 2007
i agree with jimbo
CAMPING IN LUXEMBOURG

Luxemburg, Luxembourg

#17 Nov 23, 2007
NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN CLUB OF LUXEMBOURG

CAMPING

AND SWEATLODGE SAUNA INPI

www.myspace.com/indiancamping
nativeamericanindianclub@yahoo .com

native american sprituality in luxembourg europe
annoyed atheist

Des Moines, IA

#18 Nov 24, 2007
Ugh... Atheists are not welcoming Muslims into Europe. Anyone who would say such a stupid thing obviously doesn't know any atheists. It's certain liberals with their "political correctness" bullshit that is turning Europe into an Islamatopia. Why don't you idiots do yourselves a favor a research Ayaan Hirsi Ali before you make yourselves look even dumber? Seriously... Atheists welcoming Islam?
dunce

Bath, UK

#19 Nov 26, 2007
annoyed atheist wrote:
Ugh... Atheists are not welcoming Muslims into Europe. Anyone who would say such a stupid thing obviously doesn't know any atheists. It's certain liberals with their "political correctness" bullshit that is turning Europe into an Islamatopia. Why don't you idiots do yourselves a favor a research Ayaan Hirsi Ali before you make yourselves look even dumber? Seriously... Atheists welcoming Islam?
but do you?
Mohamed

Rochester, NY

#20 Jul 23, 2009
Relax every1, by 2050 Muslims will not even be Muslims. I'm sure you going to have those Muslims who believe in homosexuality and things like the.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Germany Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Adressing the global refugee crisis, Kenya's ro... 1 hr Indian gutter rat 5
News Buff German man, 21, is this year's Mr. Gay Wor... 2 hr Wall 8
News Canadian planes prevented from landing in earth... 6 hr tricky 1
Should Cyrax pull the UFO Gas on the Freeway? Sat GassingMexicans 1
Germans Are The Master Race (May '08) Sat Drgunzet 236
News U.S., other Western leaders to snub Russia's Vi... Fri George 4
News Germany's Merkel signals Japan could do more to... May 1 WOMDRUDAEGUMIDEBD... 352
More from around the web