Greeks argue over statue of Alexander

Feb 16, 2009 Full story: www.guardian.co.uk 3,128

For a warrior king who had conquered most of the known world by the age of 33, Alexander the Great never flinched when it came to a fight. But even he might have been left powerless by a row in Greece over the location for a statue carved in his likeness in 1972.

Full Story
Hellenic RL

Sydney, Australia

#3304 Feb 1, 2011
Ioannis wrote:
<quoted text>
NO HOPE preAPE SLAVE.
YOU ARE JUST A SLAVE LEADED BY A HELLENE:
EVEN THE LEADER OF preAPE SLAVES, IS A HELLENE FROM MACEDONIA:
Gruevski has family roots in Macedonia, Greece. His paternal grandparents stem from Achlada, a village in the Meliti municipality of the Florina Prefecture, Greece, where his family had the Greek surname Grouios. His grandfather, Nikolaos Grouios, joined the Greek Army during the Second World War and fought in the Greco-Italian War where he lost his life in 1940 and his name is mentioned on the war memorial in Achlada among the names of the locals who were killed during World War II.
SO, THE preAPE LEADER, IS OF HELLENIC ORIGIN, AND HE IS MAKING HIS HELLENE GRANDFATHER VERY VERY "PROUD", OF BEING THE preAPE SLAVE LEADER..........
Are these people first class malakas or what ? Do we pitty them or shoot them.
Ioannis

Athens, Greece

#3305 Feb 1, 2011
Hellenic RL wrote:
<quoted text>
Are these people first class malakas or what ? Do we pitty them or shoot them.
THE 2nd. POLUTION, NEVER MADE GOOD TO EARTH...
The Lie Detector

Malvern, Australia

#3306 Feb 1, 2011
Hellenic RL wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a country waiting to be defined, look at the world refernce. I am only telling you the way it is, not the way you sic people think it is. In you own little demented world things may look OK, but in the real world your country is as fake as they come. You are the one telling us about 132 countries, i am telling you the way they look at you. They all know there is a Greek macedonia that owns all the glory of Alexander the great, they also know there is slavic country new name calling themeslf macedonia that have nothing to do with Ancient macedonia.
When it all gets down to it, what is it in a name, it only a name right ? as you slav commie freaks have told the world.
NO you are totally wrong...it is our name , identity,history and future....our ethnicity is in question only by greeks and NO OTHER NATION ON THE PLANET...greece is isolated to the max on this issue...as for Macedonia...it is clear in all the worlds media, the difference between greece and Macedonia...there never is an article that specifies greek/macedonia nothing....

try to fudge truth like your economic debacles will only land you as the most despised nation in europe....you did not have to try hard for thi great achievement , just ask the germans and italians calling you pure scum gypsies...
Ioannis

Athens, Greece

#3307 Feb 1, 2011
The Lie Detector wrote:
<quoted text>NO you are totally wrong...it is our name , identity,history and future....our ethnicity is in question only by greeks and NO OTHER NATION ON THE PLANET...greece is isolated to the max on this issue...as for Macedonia...it is clear in all the worlds media, the difference between greece and Macedonia...there never is an article that specifies greek/macedonia nothing....
try to fudge truth like your economic debacles will only land you as the most despised nation in europe....you did not have to try hard for thi great achievement , just ask the germans and italians calling you pure scum gypsies...
LET US FIND OUT WHO IS WRONG preAPE SLAVE:

KIRO GLIGOROV, STATES THAT YOU ARE JUST SLAVES:

DENKO MALEVSKI, STATES THAT VARDARSKA BANOVINA INVENTED ITS HISTORY, BECAUSE IT HAD NOT ANY:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

ANTONIO MILOSOSKI, STATES THAT ANCIENT MACEDONIA IS HELLENIC:

LJUBCO GEORGIEVSKI, STATES THAT GOCE DELCHEV AND DAME GRUEV, SETTED DEATH PENALTIES TO ANYONE DARED TO SAY THAT HE DESCENTED FROM ALEXANDER THE GREAT:

NO HOPE preAPE SLAVE...

YOU ARE JUST A SLAVE LEADED BY A HELLENE...

Gruevski has family roots in Macedonia, Greece. His paternal grandparents stem from Achlada, a village in the Meliti municipality of the Florina Prefecture, Greece, where his family had the Greek surname Grouios. His grandfather, Nikolaos Grouios, joined the Greek Army during the Second World War and fought in the Greco-Italian War where he lost his life in 1940 and his name is mentioned on the war memorial in Achlada among the names of the locals who were killed during World War II.

SO, THE preAPE LEADER, IS OF HELLENIC ORIGIN, AND HE IS MAKING HIS HELLENE GRANDFATHER VERY VERY "PROUD", OF BEING THE preAPE SLAVE LEADER..........

Since: May 09

Los Angeles, CA

#3308 Feb 1, 2011
The Lie Detector wrote:
<quoted text>NO you are totally wrong...it is our name , identity,history and future....our ethnicity is in question only by greeks and NO OTHER NATION ON THE PLANET...greece is isolated to the max on this issue...as for Macedonia...it is clear in all the worlds media, the difference between greece and Macedonia...there never is an article that specifies greek/macedonia nothing....
Zlatan,and Dejan are not Macedonian names, OK, Borec?
The Lie Detector

Malvern, Australia

#3309 Feb 1, 2011
Stelios wrote:
<quoted text>Zlatan,and Dejan are not Macedonian names, OK, Borec?
roula voula and toula are not ancient names too magare...fake greek nothing
Ioannis

Athens, Greece

#3310 Feb 1, 2011
The Lie Detector wrote:
<quoted text>roula voula and toula are not ancient names too magare...fake greek nothing
FAKE BORN NOTHINGS:

KIRO GLIGOROV, STATES THAT YOU ARE JUST SLAVES:

DENKO MALEVSKI, STATES THAT VARDARSKA BANOVINA INVENTED ITS HISTORY, BECAUSE IT HAD NOT ANY:

ANTONIO MILOSOSKI, STATES THAT ANCIENT MACEDONIA IS HELLENIC:

LJUBCO GEORGIEVSKI, STATES THAT GOCE DELCHEV AND DAME GRUEV, SETTED DEATH PENALTIES TO ANYONE DARED TO SAY THAT HE DESCENTED FROM ALEXANDER THE GREAT:

NO HOPE preAPE SLAVE...

YOU ARE JUST A SLAVE LEADED BY A HELLENE...

The One

Athens, Greece

#3311 Feb 1, 2011
The Lie Detector wrote:
<quoted text>roula voula and toula are not ancient names too magare...fake greek nothing
Roula -> diminutive of Argyri, which means sylver ancient greek.
(Argyri - Argyroula - Roula)
Voula -> diminutive of Vasiliki (Vassiliki - Vassoula - Voula or Soula) from Vasileu, which means Kingly - Royal ancient greek.

Toula -> diminutive of Aristea (Aristea - Aristoula - Toula), from Arista, which means Perfect in ancient greek.

Your arguments are moot.

It is you who have Bulgarian names and speak a Bulgarian dialect yet are too eager to call it Language.
You didn't even had grammar before the 60s.
Hellenic RL

Sydney, Australia

#3313 Feb 1, 2011
The Lie Detector wrote:

Dream on, look at the definition of your country. All claim you are a southern slavic group of people. You have no connection to Ancient Macedonia. Your langauge relates to the bulgarian dialect and was codified in 1944.

There is also a provience in Greece called Macedonia which is related to Ancient macedonia and have connection with greek culture. This is how the world teaches it. Go to any ancient history class and learn.

I talk to germans and italians all the time, there still pissed on us kicking italian butt in WW2. Also hold back the germans. We should be pissed for what they did to us in WW2.

You wished it was like that. You have the problem with you shit hole 40% unemployment growing, and every one wants to leave. Biggest industry of FYROM is prositution export. There is a good chance your mother or sister is involed, I understand to be pissed peasant. Truth hurts you peasant.
mike

Preganziol, Italy

#3314 May 17, 2011
What what still no one dares to pull out the Alexander the Macedonian, the conqueror of the greeks, monument from the basement in athens where is hidden?
Skata

Saugus, MA

#3316 Jul 15, 2011
peter vayeos wrote:
I am older, but not wiser. I only do wise cracks in the prostibules.
What is "prostibule"?
Skata

Saugus, MA

#3317 Jul 15, 2011
mike wrote:
What what still no one dares to pull out the Alexander the Macedonian, the conqueror of the greeks, monument from the basement in athens where is hidden?
Because the dominicans have the right to have the statue in Santo Domingo as the father of every dominican . They claim the right when millions of dollars were pay to have the statue in the main plaza. Put it this way: couldn't be worse if the haitians claim to that right?
Face the truth: someone was willing to pay for an old statue in a basement that nobody can afford. And now the way the greeks are doing money wise just pack the dam statue and send it to the dominicans before they change their mind.
This statue is going to have parades and all type of celebrations by the very stupid dominicans every year that claim he sire one of their ancestors. When you explain to them that Alexander was gay and no posibility of any descendants whatsoever. Their answer was "nobody is perfect"
Prplijet Cijec

UK

#3319 Jul 15, 2011
Greeks and Serbs Meybe you are right my friend, I was also maybe wrang. Those goat people could be Greeks. I am sory, and thanks, Greek and Serbs goat fkers are ugly. I read some newspaper, they seid that in Greece is most men homosexual, mote then in any other Europian country. Croatians are moviestars compering to them, our see is much nicer.

Since: Sep 09

ISTANBUL

#3320 Jul 18, 2011
Hellenic RL wrote:
<quoted text>
Dream on, look at the definition of your country. All claim you are a southern slavic group of people. You have no connection to Ancient Macedonia. Your langauge relates to the bulgarian dialect and was codified in 1944.
There is also a provience in Greece called Macedonia which is related to Ancient macedonia and have connection with greek culture. This is how the world teaches it. Go to any ancient history class and learn.
I talk to germans and italians all the time, there still pissed on us kicking italian butt in WW2. Also hold back the germans. We should be pissed for what they did to us in WW2.
You wished it was like that. You have the problem with you shit hole 40% unemployment growing, and every one wants to leave. Biggest industry of FYROM is prositution export. There is a good chance your mother or sister is involed, I understand to be pissed peasant. Truth hurts you peasant.
Think about your future before Makedonian Republic Moron thief,
But non of them stolen EU funds with fake and fraudulent economic and social reports then corrupt the.

Non of them getting retired at the age of 50 and receive 1.250Euro minimum and forget asking

""hey government of Greece,germans are retiring at 67 and receive this much money inspite of their huge economy and very hard working nation,how can we do never produce anything and receive this pensions"""?

Italy,UK and others have dynamic economies and industries & motivation powers,what do you have as thief and proverb owner of ""In Greece only clocks and fools work"""?

Only KLEPHTOKRATIA and stolen,manufactured given culture by the European powers in 1800s.

What are you going to produce to pay all the debts and thefts back with %4-9 interest per annum in next 50 years?

Just tell me,are you still living in a dream world that
""Germans will pay their gold thefts from the 2WW"""" ".

Sad to say the Court just recejted for the 12.th times last week.

You could not find the treasure of Ali pasha.Try Ali Baba and 40 Thieves one with the ""Open sasame open"" :)))

You have 1.4 Trilions USD to pay,
You have no eceonomy
You have no industry
You have no working power
You have no motivation for work
You have no 2.language speaking prefession owners
You have no intention to work and pay
You have no opportunity to steal mor EU funds.

How are you going to pay your debts in next 50years?
Just tell me....
DominicanBastard

Saugus, MA

#3321 Jul 18, 2011
Prplijet Cijec wrote:
Greeks and Serbs Meybe you are right my friend, I was also maybe wrang. Those goat people could be Greeks. I am sory, and thanks, Greek and Serbs goat fkers are ugly. I read some newspaper, they seid that in Greece is most men homosexual, mote then in any other Europian country. Croatians are moviestars compering to them, our see is much nicer.
Due to the fact that the greek men were involve in raising goats most of their lifes there is an afinity in their facial features plus the fact that these greeks do not like women very much they preferred men because goats are better looking than greek women. Of course greeks are ugly looking every body think that there are in the presence of goats every time you see them.
Prplijet Cijec

Saugus, MA

#3323 Jul 18, 2011
I am older but not wiser. I only crack jokes in prostibules.
Prplijet Cijec

Saugus, MA

#3324 Jul 18, 2011
Makedonikos Agon wrote:
<quoted text>
poor girl...
call the sheriff's office now or 911... ;)
ouch!! it hurts, priapic greek.
Mind your own business
Paraplejic

Medford, MA

#3325 Jul 18, 2011
I want to know from where is the idea that the dominicans own the alexander statue. That is preposterous and asnine. That the greeks have a goat face and do behave like that; quite truth.
That half of the greeks are priapic and the other half gay, quite truth. And all of them are retarded:YES!
salpoglou

Concord, NH

#3326 Oct 2, 2012
i a half greek half turkish why is everybody fighting? both religion teach peace n tolerance why believe so much political propoganda they are all lie's peace for everybody
samostojna MK

Canberra, Australia

#3327 Oct 2, 2012
Again someone is calling me a Slav.
OK Zoran, you are in troble now.
If you are of Slavic origin, OK, but don't mazure all citisens by your standard and understanding.
I am Macedonian, and I was born in Macedonia.
Maters not which part, by Macedonian perants.
Explain your self, what are you thinking when you
call us Macedonians, Slavs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Europe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NATO's North Atlantic Council Condemns Russia's... (Mar '14) 9 min SobieskiSavedEurope 11,609
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 10 min Grau 36
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 28 min Thinking 23,201
Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation (Jan '14) 1 hr BJ4me 11,152
Obama warns Russia against intervention in Ukraine (Feb '14) 1 hr Robespierre 139
Migrants in Britain a decade on: The Poles who ... (Apr '14) 1 hr British and Proud 4,736
Macedonia defends use of constitutional name (Oct '07) 2 hr Filip II Reincarn... 498
More from around the web