Another victim of England's ignorance toward the Irish

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Irish Independent

THE Conservative cabinet minister for education in Croydon Borough Council , Maria Gatland , has resigned her post after the revelation that, 35 years ago, she was a member of the IRA .

Comments (Page 8)

Showing posts 141 - 160 of326
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>Live as brave men,youve murdered kids,pregnant woman,disabled people,tourists,pensioners,eac h other,babies in prams,the weak and the people who cant fight back and your proud of this brave man.YOUR A SICKENING GUTLESS RETARDED INDIVIDUAL WHO SHOULD GET A DOUBLE TAP TO THE NUT !
Loyalist Paramilitaries killed more civilians than Republican Paramilitaries in the north of Ireland during the Troubles.......

Actually, over 85% of people killed by Loyalist paramilitaries were civilians.....
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

and your pointing this out why ? notning to do with my original answer to original text and total crap into the bargain.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

mick rock wrote:
and your pointing this out why ? notning to do with my original answer to original text and total crap into the bargain.
So are you going to condemn Loyalists for killing hundreds of civilians in NI?

No of course not.

Tick tock tick tock your all going to be a wee minority soon.

Haha too many of you shooting blanks.....
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
No of course not.
I am not the one on here posting "up the ra" and blurting out republican death squad slogans or any other type of slogans but i dont see you responding objectively to any of that.As for the minority rant says who you and your amazing book of one sided facts,its a pity your priests do not fire blanks then maybe your children would be safe

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>I am not the one on here posting "up the ra" and blurting out republican death squad slogans or any other type of slogans but i dont see you responding objectively to any of that.As for the minority rant says who you and your amazing book of one sided facts,its a pity your priests do not fire blanks then maybe your children would be safe
I'm the only one on here who always says civilians being killed is abhorrent. None of the other bigots ever managed to say that or once condemn any slaughter carried out by Loyalists or the British Army. Not once has any of the usual suspects condemned any of that. I've always said civilians being killed in bombs etc was wrong. Its common sense.

Plus I don't be saying any republican slogans on here.

I've no time for the RC church. Your soon to be minority status is a fact though.....
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the only one on here who always says civilians being killed is abhorrent. None of the other bigots ever managed to say that or once condemn any slaughter carried out by Loyalists or the British Army. Not once has any of the usual suspects condemned any of that. I've always said civilians being killed in bombs etc was wrong. Its common sense.
Plus I don't be saying any republican slogans on here.
I've no time for the RC church. Your soon to be minority status is a fact though.....
My original post about the slogans was not to you in the first place.I am a peaceful person and want to live in peace but i dont see your condemnation of republican murder squads.Minority in what-religion,are you a religious man at all,the catholic church is going down the drain faster than jimmy savilles reputation

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>My original post about the slogans was not to you in the first place.I am a peaceful person and want to live in peace but i dont see your condemnation of republican murder squads.Minority in what-religion,are you a religious man at all,the catholic church is going down the drain faster than jimmy savilles reputation
I have condemned Republican bombings.

I meant minority in the whole Ulster-Scot/Traditionally Unionist/Protestant community thing.

You get me?
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

NO EXPLAIN ?

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

mick rock wrote:
NO EXPLAIN ?
1) The people in the traditionally Unionist community tend to be Protestant, and from the Ulster-Scots ethnicity, or a predominately Scottish heritage. Most descend from those who emigrated from Scotland to Ulster as planters and immigrants in the 1600-1700's.

2) The people in the traditionally Nationalist community tend to be Catholic, and from an Ulster Irish heritage. Most are descended from Ulster Irish people who have been there thousands of years.

That doesn't mean Protestants can't be Nationalists, or Catholics can't be Unionists. Or Protestants can't see themselves as Irish, or Catholics can't see themselves as British. I'm talking generally here.

What I'm basically saying is,

The people in the (2) bracket, will soon outnumber those in the (1) bracket.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
The people in the (2) bracket, will soon outnumber those in the (1) bracket.
The hope of Catholics outnumbering the Protestants in Ulster, thanks to higher fertility, hence becoming the majority at the ballot box one day has taken a blow since birth control has been adopted by many catholic couples.
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
I have condemned Republican bombings.
I meant minority in the whole Ulster-Scot/Traditionally Unionist/Protestant community thing.
You get me?
No you seem to be confusing yourself,what your saying is the ulster protestants will be a minority in the ulster scot/traditional unionist/protestant community{not thing}Will i explain this to you ?
mick rock

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
The hope of Catholics outnumbering the Protestants in Ulster, thanks to higher fertility, hence becoming the majority at the ballot box one day has taken a blow since birth control has been adopted by many catholic couples.
That in itself is a travesty of justice trying to outbreed the democracy.One other massive problem the catholic community does not have the greatest record when it comes to kids,they do not need any more children thet cant afford and cant look after in the north and south.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

rio wrote:
<quoted text>
It is happening though. Still happening. They reckon there will be a traditionally ''Nationalist'' majority within the next 10 years.

The Republic isn't even Catholic anymore really, every couple use contraception and still the Republic has the highest birth rate in Europe.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text>No you seem to be confusing yourself,what your saying is the ulster protestants will be a minority in the ulster scot/traditional unionist/protestant community{not thing}Will i explain this to you ?
The people who are traditionally Unionist, will be a minority soon.

It means that a party with a history of representing the Nationalist community will be the majority party in the assembly in the coming years.

The game is up. The majority is slipping and will soon become the minority.

Which is why its important you all get along. As you can't really complain about having a Catholic First Minister, or a Nationalist Party being the biggest one, when its all done democratically and no one is discriminating against you because of your religion/ethnicity etc....

I respect the democratic wishes of the people of NI because now there is no institutionalised discrimination in NI. But should their wishes change in the future, you will have to accept that too.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text> That in itself is a travesty of justice trying to outbreed the democracy.One other massive problem the catholic community does not have the greatest record when it comes to kids,they do not need any more children thet cant afford and cant look after in the north and south.
''Outbreed the democracy''

Explain???

Haha that whole comment has got to be one of the most bigotted things I've ever seen on here.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

mick rock wrote:
<quoted text> That in itself is a travesty of justice trying to outbreed the democracy.One other massive problem the catholic community does not have the greatest record when it comes to kids,they do not need any more children thet cant afford and cant look after in the north and south.
Well, that's a problem for the catholics to decide, don't you think?
There is no legislation barring people from having large family, and in fact, population growth is encouraged.

There is nothing injust there.
troutman

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
''Outbreed the democracy''
Explain???
Haha that whole comment has got to be one of the most bigotted things I've ever seen on here.
and you would know about bigotry,if the TERRORIST flag you are using is anything to go by.
your support for the murder of innocent Israelis is noted.

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Don't the Unionists see that it is in THEIR interest to try and end the seperation that exists between both communities.

The ''us and them'' attitude isn't good, especially when your in a minority.

Anyway I know the Catholic church has been dragging its heels on the schools issue and I think thats very stupid. If all the schools in NI were secular with puils from different religious backgrounds, it would break down a lot of barriers.

Its a no brainer really.

Anyone who opposes it needs their head examined....
Allymac

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Judged:

Dubbadub wrote:
<quoted text>
No of course not.
Same old bigotted rant Dubbadub.
rio

Bromley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

troutman wrote:
<quoted text>
and you would know about bigotry,if the TERRORIST flag you are using is anything to go by.
your support for the murder of innocent Israelis is noted.
Try to keep a perspective on events: both sides in this conflict are guilty of terrorism.
Bombing civilian areas in Gaza isn't better than launching rockets at random against Israel; they are both despicable acts.
Applauding one and condemning the other show how bias people can be, and how far propaganda can spin reality to make it more appealing to public consumption.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 141 - 160 of326
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••