Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038

Apr 25, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Psychology Today

My blog posts on religion have attracted a lot of controversy. Religious people are annoyed by my claim that belief in God will go the way of horse transportation, and for much the same reason, specifically an improved standard of living.

Comments (Page 999)

Showing posts 19,961 - 19,980 of20,862
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
I own you!!!
Looks like the creationists just lost.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the evidence of the missing link, half way between man and monkey. Able to use simple language but unable to convey thoughts through it.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2014

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
I own you!!!
You don't even own yourself.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>You don't even own yourself.
You are such my beeatch!!!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like the creationists just lost.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present you the evidence of the missing link, half way between man and monkey. Able to use simple language but unable to convey thoughts through it.
Better check with your mom...
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do wish to know and the question is most interesting.
to suggest a god as an answer is stupid, limiting, unlikely, and a "dead-end".
To be quite frank I loose respect for anyone who is satisfied with such an explanation.
In reality you should wonder about those who believe that this Universe just came by itslef, without any plan guidance or purpose.

These are the people one should be concerned about and guide them to the nearest mental hospital.

Rejecting "Models of God" that many current religions have, should be kept separate from the existence of A Creator of this Universe.

trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Now that the Atheists, Have lost the debate about The Big Bang Theory, The Theory of Evolution and have given no real meaningful or scientific based answers that Justify their beliefs 1) that a God does not exist 2) There is no reason for existence 3) Life in reality is meaningless ! I will now move to the next Question ! Are You Atheists open to a belief in anything Paranormal ? A sixth sense perhaps ? Anything that goes beyond matter ?
trandiode

Adelaide, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

Human Beings are well in advance of what we need to survive, Both in our visions for the future and the capabilities we now have ! Evolution is based on the principle of adaptation to survive, meaning small changes physically to adapt to the slowly changing environment ! Why are we so Advanced ! mentally we defy the laws of evolution ! Our minds are thousands of years ahead of our basic need to survive ! We are capable of Embracing the universe with our minds while we are stuck on planet earth ! WHY ! If there is no need for it to be, then why is it so ?

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
Now that the Atheists, Have lost the debate about The Big Bang Theory, The Theory of Evolution and have given no real meaningful or scientific based answers that Justify their beliefs 1) that a God does not exist 2) There is no reason for existence 3) Life in reality is meaningless ! I will now move to the next Question ! Are You Atheists open to a belief in anything Paranormal ? A sixth sense perhaps ? Anything that goes beyond matter ?
I let Paranormal to the theists, they need it, equip their human made gods with magical powers to perform miracles

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
Atheism is the lack of belief in deities....you're a bit dense on this subject, aren't you?

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
In reality you should wonder about those who believe that this Universe just came by itslef, without any plan guidance or purpose.
I wonder about people who believe that a god exists unplanned and uncreated.
MUQ wrote:
These are the people one should be concerned about and guide them to the nearest mental hospital.
Why round them up or move them when you can just seal the churches and mosques when they're full, and "treat" them there..

It doesn't sound so cute to you now, does it? I'll bet it sounds a little fascistic when you're in the cross-hairs rather than the one aiming.

Let me remind you of how you are viewed by the rest of us:

"If you wake up tomorrow morning thinking that saying a few Latin words over your pancakes is going to turn them into the body of Elvis Presley, OK - you have lost your mind. But if you think more or less the same thing about a cracker and the body of Jesus, you’re just a Catholic." - Sam Harris.
MUQ wrote:
Rejecting "Models of God" that many current religions have, should be kept separate from the existence of A Creator of this Universe.
Why? Once you reject the idea of a god existing uncreated and unplanned, you've dispensed with all of them. It's quite efficient.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
Perhaps you missed this the first time I posted it:

"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon - it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory." - Weitzenhoffer

Also, you get no scientific answers. Scientific explanations are for those that can understand them, and who respect the evidence and argument supporting them.

You deal in faith. All you need to know is our conclusions. Faith uses nothing more.

Given that you consider an unplanned and uncreated universe meaningless and without a reason to exist by virtue of it being unplanned and uncreated, please explain how the god that you believe exists unplanned and uncreated isn't meaningless and lacking a reason to exist?

I would tell you the same thing that I would tell MUQ: I'm not aware of a single argument that you theists present that can't be turned around and used against you.

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
Human Beings are well in advance of what we need to survive, Both in our visions for the future and the capabilities we now have ! Evolution is based on the principle of adaptation to survive, meaning small changes physically to adapt to the slowly changing environment ! Why are we so Advanced ! mentally we defy the laws of evolution ! Our minds are thousands of years ahead of our basic need to survive ! We are capable of Embracing the universe with our minds while we are stuck on planet earth ! WHY ! If there is no need for it to be, then why is it so ?
Why are you still talking about science? You know nothing about it, and you don't use it to make decisions. Here's my full answer to somebody who makes decisions on faith: Have faith that the science is correct, or have faith in the opposite. Faith supports both.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
Human Beings are well in advance of what we need to survive, Both in our visions for the future and the capabilities we now have ! Evolution is based on the principle of adaptation to survive, meaning small changes physically to adapt to the slowly changing environment ! Why are we so Advanced ! mentally we defy the laws of evolution ! Our minds are thousands of years ahead of our basic need to survive !
You make yourself plural, good trick to monopolise at yourself centuries of inventions you are nothing for.
You speak about slowly changing environment, man it self is actor of fast environmental changes, such as exploiting soils and building towns, having them destroyed making wars,
so that what you call slowly changes is fantasm of yours, men were also selected to face up very brutal environmental changes they a part of.

[QUOTE who="trandiode"]We are capable of Embracing the universe with our minds while we are stuck on planet earth ! WHY ! If there is no need for it to be, then why is it so ?
I would suggest some gravitation force

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
You make yourself plural, good trick to monopolise at yourself centuries of inventions you are nothing for.
You speak about slowly changing environment, man himself is actor of fast environmental changes, such as burning forests, exploiting soils, animals and building towns, having them sometimes destroyed with wars,
so that what you call slowly changes is fantasm of yours, men were also selected facing up very brutal environmental changes they mainly a part of it, as soon as they started builing towns and had to adapt themselves to urban social life which needs high brain development.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

MUQ wrote:
You are much too misericordious with unbelievers, maybe they should be beheaded
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>You are much too misericordious with unbelievers, maybe they should be beheaded
Not like they are using it...

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
That is one hell of an argument, that you've presented. So well thought out and of course backed up with indisputable proof.

“Citizen_Patriot_ Voter_Atheist!”

Since: May 09

Earth,TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

trandiode wrote:
Why are we stuck on planet Earth? Not that we are, but what could it possibly matter to you? You are lost. I am not sure where the planet is, that your god created, but it is not here. No flat earth, no pillars supporting it, no dome covered sky, your kind have been uprooted from some unknown place and you are not smart enough to read your own holy books which prove it.
Now we Earthlings really don't mind you being here, but you really can't claim it as your god's creation.
Jumper The Wise

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

"Creation comes from the mind of the artist.
As no two works of art are alike,so is the creator."

-The Wisdom Of Curly.yuk yuk yuk.
MUQ

Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2014

Judged:

DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
You are much too misericordious with unbelievers, maybe they should be beheaded
I never said or approve that they should be be headed.

What I said is that they should stop pretending that only they are with brains and rest of people have no brains or never use it.

They have choice to accept any religion or reject, it is their choice in this life and for that they have to answer before their Creator on the last day.

But by reason , logic and analysis, any one believing that this Universe just came by itself, is one of the most stupid person on this planet.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 19,961 - 19,980 of20,862
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••