Croat, Serb organisations urge reconciliation

Jan 9, 2014 Full story: SETimes news 11,724

Posting signs in both the Latin and Cyrillic alphabets is part of an effort at reconciliation between the countries in the region.

Full Story

“old fart fosile strahdsky ”

Since: Feb 09

Tata and strahdsky on leash

#3222 Mar 9, 2014
KwaZulu wrote:
Strahd.
Someone's erased two topics!
As i posted to you, the topic: do you support blimey? got erased!
So has goodbye all!
poor paprikas, still hangin' on....

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#3223 Mar 9, 2014
KwaZulu wrote:
Strahd.
Someone's erased two topics!
As i posted to you, the topic: do you support blimey? got erased!
So has goodbye all!
'Strahd obsessed' slimey is always crying to mods to get posts and threads erased. He also seems to have some weird obsession with you.

Location hidden

#3225 Mar 9, 2014
Dr Milan Sufflay wrote:
<quoted text>Correction : documentary title is 'The Great Global Warming Swindle'
I remember seeing it the other year, but thought it was biased on the other side of the argument in that it completely dismissed any impact from humans, which is also unrealistic and made me wonder if it was backed by certain interests.
keep an open mind

Bankstown, Australia

#3228 Mar 9, 2014
Mr Cro Pockets wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's the point I've been making all along, except I do truly feel that one side here is more to blame at shifting fault and should be taking responsibility for recent events that is essential to this urge for "reconciliation".
would that be the side who decided that they are no longer part of a federation and declared that all those within its Unofficial borders were now All Croatian, even though many of its citizens were of differeing ethnic backgrounds? Or the side who thought the appropriate resaponse was a military uprising?

"Let only him, who is without sin, cast the first stone"
KwaZulu

Europe

#3229 Mar 9, 2014
Strahd.
I agree with you about blimey's obsession of me!
I can't stand it, it's not normal!
So, it was him that had those topics erased!
I am curious to know, who's the person behind the changing nickname, obsession with your name!
sava

Camberwell, Australia

#3230 Mar 9, 2014
Dr Milan Sufflay wrote:
<quoted text>There was some very compelling scientifically proven arguments put forward by the Global Warming doubters, many of themselves once believed that Global Warming was human induced
Who do you believe one source says that the earth for the next 50 - 100 years is headed for a cooling period & that its been that way since the late 1990's
Although if you doubt Global Warming is human caused it is still important that you do your part in protecting your local environment, such as conserving house hold energy, recycling household waste so that less ends up in land fills, service your household cars regularly; more efficient running cars are less polluting , lobby your government for a greener transport industry (trucking/air transport etc.) etc., etc.,
45% of total co2 emissions is cars and 45% of total co2 emissions is electricity generation....if we were serious .we could solve this problem instantly...eg
90% of people live in cities (in the industrial west)
90% of speed limits are 60km or less
90% of cars are driver only
90%of trips are less than 40km per day
just going by the above...an electrical push bike would satisfy 90% of our transport needs....if we were serious.....and they only cost $1000
KwaZulu

Europe

#3231 Mar 9, 2014
Dr Milan Sufflay.
Global warming is caused by pollution, as we all know!
Imagine if we all had to ride bicycles, what a difference it would make to the enviroment!

Location hidden

#3232 Mar 9, 2014
KwaZulu wrote:
Strahd.
I agree with you about blimey's obsession of me!
I can't stand it, it's not normal!
So, it was him that had those topics erased!
I am curious to know, who's the person behind the changing nickname, obsession with your name!
Just ignore the attention seeking Albanian. I have had a few lonely trolls obsess over me, comes with the territory here, had this funny episode the other year where that wierd 'reality' dude from Adelaide couldn't post without mentioning me, or replying to me. After that I learned to ignore the trolls a little more.

The Albanians doing that silly play on my name happen to be sudens and blimey for the most part..

Location hidden

#3233 Mar 9, 2014
sava wrote:
<quoted text>
45% of total co2 emissions is cars and 45% of total co2 emissions is electricity generation....if we were serious .we could solve this problem instantly...eg
90% of people live in cities (in the industrial west)
90% of speed limits are 60km or less
90% of cars are driver only
90%of trips are less than 40km per day
just going by the above...an electrical push bike would satisfy 90% of our transport needs....if we were serious.....and they only cost $1000
I have seen a few of those electrical bikes around town, good for inner city congestion, but I would be lying to you if I said I would be happy with 60 km speed restrictions for most places since I am a bit of a petrol head, although you make good points.

Location hidden

#3236 Mar 10, 2014
KwaZulu wrote:
Thanks strahd!
I will continue to ignore them, pathetic trolling nuisances!
Looking at the last few posts it seems you can add another to the 'strahd name obsessed fan club'.
KwaZulu

Europe

#3237 Mar 10, 2014
Strahd.
Lol!
This obsession game gets crazy, the poster above you, using your name, is seriously in need off help!
Wow!
I have being stalked by him all day, on topics where i have being posting!
Crazy man!

“Insert witty quote here”

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#3238 Mar 10, 2014
Strahd wrote:
<quoted text>
A vicious cycle only exists because certain people want it to be like that. For instance, that Canadian poster will be posting the same ridiculous stuff to her death bed, but once she is long gone and buried, our answers and responses will be the same, and we will mention things you do not want to hear, so why do some start this sht it in the first place ? Who knows the background of some of the fruit cakes.
You said
‘And no disrespect intended, but you can't really say Serbs are an incredibly helpful people and expect anyone here to really believe it.’
On the contrary, The Serbs have been too helpful, hence so much of the problems. For instance, look at Croatia, maybe less than 2 percent Serbs and it is a still issue for many Croats having even one Serb in Croatia. Now contrast that with Serbia which is the most multi ethnic nation in the Balkans.
Serbs have gone out of their way, unnecessarily, to accommodate various ethnic minorities, and it has led to a disaster, a case of you give them an inch and they want to take a mile scenario, especially in the case of Muslims which are notorious for causing troubles with the host nations and cultures they live with, wether that is Secular, Christian, Budhist/Atheist China, Hindu or Jewish.
Our greatest mistake was an overabundance of toleration and certain complacencies in the last century that made it easier for some hostile ethnic minorities with the help of outside powers to manipulate the situation.
As for the rest of your post, you already know my position on the general Croatian support of the Nazi Ustasa and the old NDH, their wholesale crimes against the Serbs, also the localised conflict in Krajina two decades past.
Well long story short Strahd, I think by now you know my take on the whole affair. It's not like I blindly support everything Croatia does or sing her past praises, and as a matter of fact in retrospect I seem to come to odds against my own people concerning this subject far more often than against the other side. My stance regarding these topics is often split between my opinion on A) The attitude and mentality of the Croatian people, and B) The political direction of Croatia as a nation. The two are not of the same, I for one know that to my core. When I offer my opinion on certain matters I have to remind myself that just because it is cut and dry in certain aspects regarding Croats as the people I know, doesn't mean it will be that easy regarding the nation of Croatia and her political strides. Personally, it feels silly even labeling the two most the time. My "people" against the "other side", the "Serbs"; as if we are an alien people to each other it's ridiculous. However, such is the tense atmosphere perpetrated by each other's governments rather than the people of Serbia and Croatia, and that I truly believe is where the real problem lies.

And yes NOW Serbia as a nation seems to be more accommodating to minorities, obviously not quite the case 20 years ago as history has shown us. Isn't that a fair justification for why Croats, Slovenes, and Bosnians wanted independent status as a people? To avoid future problems over the minority issues? Serbia wasn't oblivious to what was going down, and, quite understandably in the mind of a nervous and paranoid Serbia, to avoid another Ustase movement taking place (no matter how farfetched the possibility of that was) they made the preemptive move to prohibit that from happening. But what if the alternative had taken place and all the former republics remained under the umbrella of a new Jugoslavia, or rather a "Greater Serbia"? You don't think that would have had equally disastrous consequences? If these people weren't to be let go willingly then civil war would have been the only inevitable outcome no matter how it played out. Tito kept the lid on the boiling pot, and barely at that. It was eventually destined to overflow.
Cold as He ll

Mosjøen, Norway

#3239 Mar 10, 2014
KwaZulu wrote:
Cold as hell.
LOL! Come on!
That's not real, it has had to snow in norway!
Please dont start "trolling", we have had hot summer this year, in south africa!
Yes it has ofcourse snowed, but very very little, we dont have any snow now, its wierd
Cold as He ll

Mosjøen, Norway

#3240 Mar 10, 2014
Just saying, of all the womens in here...Poka is deffently my type-:
)
Cold as He ll

Mosjøen, Norway

#3241 Mar 10, 2014
And Dove...the most arrogant in here!!!!

“bias cognizance”

Location hidden

#3242 Mar 10, 2014
Cold as He ll wrote:
It's called self respect!!!^-*

“bias cognizance”

Location hidden

#3243 Mar 10, 2014
Cold as He ll wrote:
Just saying, of all the womens in here...Poka is deffently my type-:
)
You, your Bi~World and Shim!!!

lol

“old fart fosile strahdsky ”

Tata and strahdsky on leash

#3244 Mar 10, 2014
Dove1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You, your Bi~World and Shim!!!
lol
dove, ill have a word with him..but leave it for tomorrow im off to sleep..i know u don't need my help but its bang out of order...he is not bad...but u never know with Vikings...

Location hidden

#3245 Mar 10, 2014
Mr Cro Pockets wrote:
<quoted text>
Well long story short Strahd, I think by now you know my take on the whole affair. It's not like I blindly support everything Croatia does or sing her past praises, and as a matter of fact in retrospect I seem to come to odds against my own people concerning this subject far more often than against the other side. My stance regarding these topics is often split between my opinion on A) The attitude and mentality of the Croatian people, and B) The political direction of Croatia as a nation. The two are not of the same, I for one know that to my core. When I offer my opinion on certain matters I have to remind myself that just because it is cut and dry in certain aspects regarding Croats as the people I know, doesn't mean it will be that easy regarding the nation of Croatia and her political strides. Personally, it feels silly even labeling the two most the time. My "people" against the "other side", the "Serbs"; as if we are an alien people to each other it's ridiculous. However, such is the tense atmosphere perpetrated by each other's governments rather than the people of Serbia and Croatia, and that I truly believe is where the real problem lies.
And yes NOW Serbia as a nation seems to be more accommodating to minorities, obviously not quite the case 20 years ago as history has shown us. Isn't that a fair justification for why Croats, Slovenes, and Bosnians wanted independent status as a people? To avoid future problems over the minority issues? Serbia wasn't oblivious to what was going down, and, quite understandably in the mind of a nervous and paranoid Serbia, to avoid another Ustase movement taking place (no matter how farfetched the possibility of that was) they made the preemptive move to prohibit that from happening. But what if the alternative had taken place and all the former republics remained under the umbrella of a new Jugoslavia, or rather a "Greater Serbia"? You don't think that would have had equally disastrous consequences? If these people weren't to be let go willingly then civil war would have been the only inevitable outcome no matter how it played out. Tito kept the lid on the boiling pot, and barely at that. It was eventually destined to overflow.
‘Greater Serbia’???. Serbia was always been more accommodating to the minorities. The only thing history has shown is that some people have taken advantage of Serbian goodwill. Which country accepts that a part of its sovereign territory goes to some foreign controlled Islamic mafia trying to create an artificial pirate state. What next, let the Croats, Hungarians, Vlachs, Romanians and Bulgarians and Muslims in Sanjak carve out new nations out of the rest of Serbia ? That, or we are not ‘tolerable’.

Amusing how the very mono ethnic Croats always go on about the multi ethnic Serbia being not ‘accommodating’ enough. This coming from a people complaining about the fact that there is still a very small Serbian minority in its borders and making an issue out of Cyrillic.

Fact is, as long as Serbia exists, it will never be accommodating enough for certain Croats Slavic Muslims and Albanians. That’s a fact.

Location hidden

#3246 Mar 10, 2014
Cold as He ll wrote:
What are you on about ? Dove is the most rational and down to earth person on topix.

I suppose your choice could have been worse, at least you didn't pick 'prishtina' as your fav.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Europe Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Deadly Shell Strike As Ukrainians Queue For Aid 8 min NAZTY Ukraine 4
NATO sends rapid-reaction forces to Russia's ne... 1 hr PROUD TO BE SERB 323
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 4 hr Grau 512
American Soldiers in Ukraine? Video Finds One 4 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 51
France's ethnic apartheid: 'Separate Islamic so... 4 hr Sid James 19
Germany's anti-Islam PEGIDA movement breaks up 5 hr Old Pom 5
Is Obama's 'Election Proximity' Excuse a Snub t... 6 hr Captain Yesterday 81
More from around the web