Would Ethnic Federalism die with Meles?

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Gee 17

Alexandria, VA

#1 Jul 11, 2012
I think it would. Ethnic Federalism has been noting but another TPLF's policy to divide and rule Ethiopians. It has been one of their best policy which guarantee that they will always remained in power for long time to come. So, would this policy that filled with nepotism and favoritism die after Melese?
or will it lead to bloodshed and civil war in Ethiopia???
hht

Ethiopia

#2 Jul 11, 2012
Gee 17 wrote:
I think it would. Ethnic Federalism has been noting but another TPLF's policy to divide and rule Ethiopians. It has been one of their best policy which guarantee that they will always remained in power for long time to come. So, would this policy that filled with nepotism and favoritism die after Melese?
First,death is not something that one wishes for the other in Ethiopian culture but if EPRDF is somehow replaced by another political party the question of nationality rights wil still be there.Don't you think that there are ethnic groups such as the Afars,Somalis,B/Gumuz,Tigray and Gambela that are satisfied with the current situation?The Oromia and Amhara regions happen to be too large for administration and I think need to be down sized with all the rights that they have achieved.South Ethiopia needs to be reclassified.Say the Keffa and surrounding people has no relationship with the Sidama and wolita.Ethnic Federalism if properly managed won't lead to tribalism.

“Dereela Nomad”

Since: Apr 10

Derela, Ethiopia

#3 Jul 11, 2012
No, I don't think so, without ethnic federalism, there will be no country called Ethiopia.
Gee17

Wilrijk, Belgium

#4 Jul 11, 2012
i Don't really care about Ethiopian Unity. What i want is Power To Rule Ethiopia again and it's True Power BeLongs To us Yes only Us 'NefTegnas' Period)
Gee 17

Alexandria, VA

#5 Jul 11, 2012
Ameena wrote:
No, I don't think so, without ethnic federalism, there will be no country called Ethiopia.
Do you think we would have Ethiopia as a nation now if it hadn’t been for our unity in the first place? Ethnic Federalism will never unite the nation but it only disintegrate Ethiopia to multiple weak and unstable nations.
hht

Ethiopia

#6 Jul 11, 2012
Gee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think we would have Ethiopia as a nation now if it hadn’t been for our unity in the first place? Ethnic Federalism will never unite the nation but it only disintegrate Ethiopia to multiple weak and unstable nations.
How do you say that? You don't need to impose your thoughts on others but responding to the needs of the constituent nationalities is the best strategy to keep the unity of the country! What have we learnt from the past?
Gee 17

Alexandria, VA

#7 Jul 11, 2012
hht wrote:
<quoted text>How do you say that? You don't need to impose your thoughts on others but responding to the needs of the constituent nationalities is the best strategy to keep the unity of the country! What have we learnt from the past?
Ethiopia has been ruled by one party since 1991, what is that tell us?? We have a corrupted political system!
hht

Ethiopia

#8 Jul 11, 2012
Gee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethiopia has been ruled by one party since 1991, what is that tell us?? We have a corrupted political system!
does this has anything to do with the topic? Yes,there is a lot to do with respect to multiparty democracy!
Gee 17

Alexandria, VA

#9 Jul 11, 2012
hht wrote:
<quoted text>does this has anything to do with the topic? Yes,there is a lot to do with respect to multiparty democracy!
20 years after the introduction of Federalism, TPLF run like a unitary state. It fails to practice what it preaches. Melese may look a hero by giving out Ethnic states, but does he respect the great deal of power and administrative authority to
regional states that the Ethiopian constitution gives?
Dada

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Jul 11, 2012
No it wont. We will all seperate. And we will all work toward distoroying each other. I can't wait till this slave barya learn there lesson. We are not the same never was never will be. U was my barya and that's where I want you as my barya. Have you monkeys read the Tplf manifesto. I think u barya should read it. No body wants to live with 85 tribe and loose there race. You must be the dumbest barya to think an intellectual sees a feature with Ethiopia. This slave if it was not for me they will be treated just like there cousins on subshara. I can't belive they run around saying Ethiopia has never been colonized. They are not talking about u. They are talking about me I fk dikala. U are colonized and u never ever had a country. Tikir sew my as*. Enaatachu tebeda yeshermuta lig hula. Hulishim barya. Yene barya. Kyt abak yametahew Tarik new yemetawerawo. Tinb Banda. Tarikachen manentachen bedemb ARgehe tetrekelinge aleh teye sehid. Eyandandish Amara kotetishin weyem dikalashin ezawe telehe na. Dikala ankeblm. Amara le amara. Amara ethiopianwi nege eyal new amaraan yemiasgedelew yalew. Afehen zega. Ethiopiawi kehonke ezawe k Ethiopia dikalotch ga techemalek. Amara gen amara new. Amara meret le amara. Tarikachin. Humanotachin. Negusachin.
Enatachu tebeda ur Zatch ye banda baria dikala ligoch hula. Gehanem gebu. I hate all of you fks. We all do. Wait watch.

“Dereela Nomad”

Since: Apr 10

Derela, Ethiopia

#11 Jul 11, 2012
Gee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Ethiopia has never been a united country, In fact, there has never been a national unity, what we need is a federal country with real ethnic federalism not this fake federalism, Otherwise, Ethiopia will disintegrate into several smaller nation.
htt

Ethiopia

#12 Jul 11, 2012
Ameena wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Ethiopia has never been a united country, In fact, there has never been a national unity, what we need is a federal country with real ethnic federalism not this fake federalism, Otherwise, Ethiopia will disintegrate into several smaller nation.
Brilliant! and I agree!!
Gee 17

Alexandria, VA

#13 Jul 11, 2012
Ameena wrote:
<quoted text>
In Ethiopia, real Ethnic Federalism only exists on paper. We must understand that!I am not against federalism but ethnically based federalism! There are more than 80 different ethnic groups within Ethiopia, think about that?
htt

Ethiopia

#14 Jul 11, 2012
Gee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
20 years after the introduction of Federalism, TPLF run like a unitary state. It fails to practice what it preaches. Melese may look a hero by giving out Ethnic states, but does he respect the great deal of power and administrative authority to
regional states that the Ethiopian constitution gives?
Gee,why do you turn the dicussion against TPLF? The government may or maynot give those rights enshrined in the constitution but it shouldn't amount to losing every control on the regional states.And don't forget the fact that administrative units and system grow and evolve as any natural thing.So be patient,nothing comes overnight!

Since: Apr 12

Sanaa, Yemen

#15 Jul 11, 2012
i think its time for the ogadenis or the oromos 2 rule ethiopia its our turn bytchs hahahahahaha
bekele

San Jose, CA

#16 Jul 11, 2012
Gee 17 wrote:

The old system will never come back! and there will be no bloodshed, I have to disapoint you that. I know that is your wish.
Gee 17

Alexandria, VA

#18 Jul 11, 2012
bekele wrote:
<quoted text>
The old system will never come back! and there will be no bloodshed, I have to disapoint you that. I know that is your wish.
I have never lived under the old system, nor am I advocating to bring it back. I was born and raised under the rule of TPLF, and I want to see changes. I don't wish bloodshed in Ethiopia, it is quite the contrary in fact. I don't think Ethnic based federalism will work, it will destroy us slowly.
BeLayNesh

Brussels, Belgium

#20 Jul 11, 2012
bekele wrote:
<quoted text>
Cosign!
bini

Germany

#21 Jul 11, 2012
Gee 17 wrote:
not only will ethnic federalism die with meles but also many agames too! if the counrty sellers (agames) think everything will be ok after meles then agames are far from reality.

start praying weyanes
BonGa

Brussels, Belgium

#23 Jul 11, 2012
bini wrote:
<quoted text>
not only will ethnic federalism die with meles but also many agames too! if the counrty sellers (agames) think everything will be ok after meles then agames are far from reality.
start praying weyanes
this is what U learn From Yo Egyptian Masters lol wel Keep it in Yo Eri azzz and get lots! U Belong in here )) Asmarino.com Awate.com and Nevea come back again U Loowti QonDaffAdgi)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An insult to the Ethiopian Israeli community Thu thetruth 1
why ethiopian females love jamaican men so much?? (Sep '10) Wed thetruth 46
Ethiopian vs Eritrean Women, Who's More Beautiful? (Apr '14) Jun 29 jake 68
Stupid Eritreans think they can wage war agains... Jun 28 Anonymous 2
why Oromos hate habashas? (Oct '11) Jun 28 Anonymous 13
Ethiopia : 2063 - Should start building Nuclear... Jun 27 jjj 6
Is ISRAEL BLACKMAILING the United States of Ame... (Jan '14) Jun 23 Anonymous 29
More from around the web