Recent DNA Tests Show Somalis Came From Egypt

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 103
Next Last

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 21, 2009

DNA Tests have supported the findings of the father of Egyptology, Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop of Senegal, that Somali, Ethiopian, Egyptian, Sudanese, Eritrean, and Djiboutian population to be one Nile Valley population of Black people.

The M78 subclade of E1b1b is found in about 77% of Somali males which represent the traces of an ancient migration into the Horn of Africa from the Upper Egypt area.

After haplogroup E1b1b, the second most frequently occurring Y DNA haplogroup among Somalis is the haplogroup T (M70), which is found in slightly more than 10% of Somali males. Haplogroup T, like haplogroup E1b1b, is also typically found among populations of Northeast Africa.

According to a recent mtDNA study, a large proportion of the maternal ancestry of Somalis is comprised of the M1 haplogroup, which is common among Ethiopians, and Egyptians.

Ta netjer - D.L.

#2 Feb 22, 2009
So?

Location hidden

#3 Feb 22, 2009
i was reading the article and i found it to be intersting....that is why posted....there is no need to say "SO"

Ta netjer - D.L.

#4 Feb 22, 2009
-FlowerBomb- wrote:
DNA Tests have supported the findings of the father of Egyptology, Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop of Senegal, that Somali, Ethiopian, Egyptian, Sudanese, Eritrean, and Djiboutian population to be one Nile Valley population of Black people.
The M78 subclade of E1b1b is found in about 77% of Somali males which represent the traces of an ancient migration into the Horn of Africa from the Upper Egypt area.
After haplogroup E1b1b, the second most frequently occurring Y DNA haplogroup among Somalis is the haplogroup T (M70), which is found in slightly more than 10% of Somali males. Haplogroup T, like haplogroup E1b1b, is also typically found among populations of Northeast Africa.
According to a recent mtDNA study, a large proportion of the maternal ancestry of Somalis is comprised of the M1 haplogroup, which is common among Ethiopians, and Egyptians.
that Somali, Ethiopian, Egyptian, Sudanese, Eritrean, and Djiboutian population to be one Nile Valley population of Black people.
Of course somali are cushities and all cushities population in horn africa that live in ethiopia eritrea djibuti and sudan are brothers... The test of dna just found out what many scientists intuition yet... That's why i said... so.

Location hidden

#5 Feb 22, 2009
Ok
amhara

London, UK

#6 Feb 22, 2009
amhara, tigra, gurage,adera,.. ppl are not 100% cushities

The Amhara appear to be descended from the same people group as the Tigray-Tigrinya people. Their Sabaean ancestors came to the highlands of what is now Eritrea and Ethiopia from the Arabian peninsula. These Semitic migrants gradually mixed with the Cushitic peoples there. Successive waves of migrations across the Red Sea straits and around the Horn have enriched the mix of cultural and genetic heritage in the historical period.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#7 Feb 22, 2009
amhara wrote:
The Amhara appear to be descended from the same people group as the Tigray-Tigrinya people. Their Sabaean ancestors came to the highlands of what is now Eritrea and Ethiopia from the Arabian peninsula. These Semitic migrants gradually mixed with the Cushitic peoples there. Successive waves of migrations across the Red Sea straits and around the Horn have enriched the mix of cultural and genetic heritage in the historical period.
...also hebrews and israelites came to ethiopia and mixed with the cushites. btw, i dont think that semites and cushites were two different races or pheno types. they were blacks...both of them...

Ta netjer - D.L.

#8 Feb 23, 2009
amhara wrote:
tigrinya are not 100% kushities if you say that they come from arabia penisula and those are semities... follow your idea those 50% anyway exist exam of dna that explain that tigrinya are mixed just 1% while amhara 60% dna never wrong

Ta netjer - D.L.

#9 Feb 23, 2009
solomonic wrote:
<quoted text>
...also hebrews and israelites came to ethiopia and mixed with the cushites. btw, i dont think that semites and cushites were two different races or pheno types. they were blacks...both of them...
what our fathers said that habesha are of two kinds red (caieh) and black (zellim)... Usually habesha call red people with clear skin but in reality who is red caieh are the people that live in desert, those people are kaie in the real sense of the word, and i think that the ancient colour of habesha is red coz they come from arabia penisula where desert is
The Chief

Oslo, Norway

#10 Feb 23, 2009
I would like to share with you the following link. It is a true analysis of the Somali DNA. You can see that the ancestors of Somalis emerged about 50,000 yrs ago. in East Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya or Tanzania.

Emergence of anatomically modern man in Africa: 200,000 yrs. ago (during the Ice Age retreat in Europe).

Out of Africa: Around 60,000 yrs. ago. They took two routes: one was to the Sahara, which became habitable after the Ice melted in Europe.
The other route was across the Red Sea to the Middle East and beyond.

descendants of people from the HORN of Africa became the only lineage to survive outside Africa, making the common ancestor of every non-African man in the world.
The Chief

Oslo, Norway

#11 Feb 23, 2009
Sorry I forgot the link. It is here:
http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/pdf/Archive/S...

Location hidden

#12 Feb 23, 2009
The Chief wrote:
I would like to share with you the following link. It is a true analysis of the Somali DNA. You can see that the ancestors of Somalis emerged about 50,000 yrs ago. in East Africa (Ethiopia, Kenya or Tanzania.
Emergence of anatomically modern man in Africa: 200,000 yrs. ago (during the Ice Age retreat in Europe).
Out of Africa: Around 60,000 yrs. ago. They took two routes: one was to the Sahara, which became habitable after the Ice melted in Europe.
The other route was across the Red Sea to the Middle East and beyond.
descendants of people from the HORN of Africa became the only lineage to survive outside Africa, making the common ancestor of every non-African man in the world.
...true...horners are the ancestors of all non african people...
amhara

Wrexham, UK

#13 Feb 23, 2009
i am in love with solomonic pic, help!!!!!!!!!!
diean

Wrexham, UK

#14 Feb 23, 2009
amhara wrote:
oo no no he is mine

Location hidden

#15 Feb 23, 2009
amhara wrote:
... hope you are a female...

Location hidden

#16 Feb 23, 2009
diean wrote:
<quoted text>
oo no no he is mine
...and you too...lol

Location hidden

#17 Feb 23, 2009
THE REAL HABESHA wrote:
<quoted text>
tigrinya are not 100% kushities if you say that they come from arabia penisula and those are semities... follow your idea those 50% anyway exist exam of dna that explain that tigrinya are mixed just 1% while amhara 60% dna never wrong
but how comes that most of you tigreans look like west africans and not semitic ? is there a genetic study about tigrean people `? I never heard about it...so how do you know that tigreans are more semitic than amhara. most amhara and even oromo look more semitic than tigreans i find. I think you people mixed much more with bantu like people. that is why most of you have those west african features. look at meles zenawi or his wife. they look like regular african americans wit west african ancetry (flat wide noses etc...) and i know many tigreans who just look like that. so dont fool yourself...it is so obvious that you guys mixed with non-semitic or cushitic tribes...maybe due to slavery...

Ta netjer - D.L.

#18 Feb 24, 2009
solomonic wrote:
<quoted text>
but how comes that most of you tigreans look like west africans and not semitic ? is there a genetic study about tigrean people `? I never heard about it...so how do you know that tigreans are more semitic than amhara. most amhara and even oromo look more semitic than tigreans i find. I think you people mixed much more with bantu like people. that is why most of you have those west african features. look at meles zenawi or his wife. they look like regular african americans wit west african ancetry (flat wide noses etc...) and i know many tigreans who just look like that. so dont fool yourself...it is so obvious that you guys mixed with non-semitic or cushitic tribes...maybe due to slavery...
Yes there is a genetic test about tigrinians if you didnt find is not my fault, and i saw many amhara that dosnt means habesha and then is knew that amhara mixed theirself with oromo:
http://www.ethiopia.it/popoli.php
you are just funny... if you are habesha must know that we dont mix ourself with slaves, baria and baria shankella, but you are amhara probably you have this attitude to mix with people that y'all call "galla" and then say about tigrinyans
The Chief

Oslo, Norway

#19 Feb 24, 2009
It seems like interesting link, but unfortunately it is Italian. Can you please tell us what it is talking about.

Ta netjer - D.L.

#20 Feb 24, 2009
That link is in italian and speak about some tribý oromo i just wanted to make see to solominic with who amhara are mixed saw i putted just for imagines...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 103
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Questions about Government Ethiopia Minister 1 hr Mary1220 1
OLF Flags fly high in SA, African cup of nation... (Jan '13) 2 hr galla hater 666 110
Free no credit card sex dating sites in Addis A... (Jul '13) 2 hr seioum 7
Ethiopians are NOT Black!!!!! (Feb '12) 3 hr Yeah 2,124
Ginbot 7's Shabia & Ferenji Influenced Funny In... 4 hr AvoidHellGetJesus 5
Are you sick & tired of Ethiopia ? 4 hr Kontu 4
I tried but coudn't save Ethiopian forum from g... 4 hr Kontu 33
More from around the web