Next Last
Why

Upper Darby, PA

#62 Mar 9, 2013
cognito

San Jose, CA

#63 Mar 10, 2013
Lion of Harar wrote:
Dear cognito, Goyta-be magan wa Allahu yastakh.
For those kind words!
jazakAllahu khair wa BarakAllahu feek

“Dereela Nomad”

Since: Apr 10

Derela, Ethiopia

#65 Mar 11, 2013
Why wrote:
Somali and Oromo should be one nation for at least the sake of revenge . Habesha don't belong in Africa they belong in Antarctica or someplace else or in fact just wipe them off the face of the earth
Oromos should stand on their own feet, Somalis don't share a common border with Amhara and Tigrians, But we have always been at war with Amhara, because Oromos are parasite.

Anyways, We will take our cities Dire Dhabe and Harar back, and kick Oromos out of Dire Dhabe and Harar.

“Virgin for sale”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#66 Mar 11, 2013
Ameena wrote:
<quoted text>
Oromos should stand on their own feet, Somalis don't share a common border with Amhara and Tigrians, But we have always been at war with Amhara, because Oromos are parasite.
Anyways, We will take our cities Dire Dhabe and Harar back, and kick Oromos out of Dire Dhabe and Harar.
I agree with you.
KaLi

Brussels, Belgium

#67 Mar 11, 2013
cognito wrote:
<quoted text>
For those kind words!
jazakAllahu khair wa BarakAllahu feek
Alhamdulila RabiNalemin.
KaLi

Brussels, Belgium

#68 Mar 11, 2013
kalideza wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you.
U are anEritrean ok? so get lost< Majnun Kufar!

“Virgin for sale”

Location hidden

#69 Mar 11, 2013
KaLi wrote:
<quoted text>
U are anEritrean ok? so get lost< Majnun Kufar!
I was born and raised in addis bitch
KaLi

Brussels, Belgium

#70 Mar 11, 2013
kalideza wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born and raised in addis bitch
so what biotch? if we don't like the clour of yo eyes we can deport you again back to AssMara.Hahahahahahaa.....)

Toronto, Canada

#71 Mar 11, 2013
Ameena, since when was Harar yours in the first place to even take it back? Harar belongs to Hararis, Argobbas, and Oromo's.

“Dereela Nomad”

Derela, Ethiopia

#72 Mar 11, 2013
Lion of Amhara region

Harar has always been Somali land since time immemorial, by the way, Do you even know the meaning of the word Harar? It's a Somali word.

Canada

#73 Mar 11, 2013
Ameena go learn some history. Harar was named that by Shaykh Abadir 3Umar ar-Rida and he was an Arab from Makkah. I wont reply to anymore of ur posts because cleraly ur a nationalist who listens to fairy tales.
curious

Chicago, IL

#74 Mar 11, 2013
people,why do you guys start disccusing about ahmad gragn,Harar....
i started this thread to know more about the migration of Gurage from Tigray to central Ethiopia, if you have information on that,please share.

“Dereela Nomad”

Derela, Ethiopia

#75 Mar 11, 2013
Lion of Amhara region.

Well that's fine, But just remember that Harar has always been a Somali town since time immemorial and It's Somalis who actually named it, and there is really nothing you can do about it.

The words Harar in Somalis.

A noun
Harar

An adverb
Harer

An adjectives
Hareraha

I am sorry if I upset you!!

Canada

#77 Mar 11, 2013
You're right curious. Back to the topic, there seems to be no written document that indicates that gurages have migrated from tigray but it is assumed because the lanuage is a semitic based language and as a result, an offshoot of Ge'ez. This is the reason for the assumption since the headquarters of Abyssinian kingdom was Aksum, Tigray where Ge'ez was the official language.
yibGuwyeta

Addis Abeba, Ethiopia

#78 Apr 24, 2013
Even though the Gurage people doesn't bother about their origin, still there are some books written by the Gurage historian and even Ertrian's. My conclusion.......Gurage is not from Ertria or Tigray. Evidences
1, They weren't Christians like them, they had their own gods and goddesses like 'Bozhe','Dimamit'
2, Their language, Gurage share common words with amhara(Not surprising,even Shewa Oromos do), Geez Hadere and Arabic. But the number of vowels in Gurage language is related to Kushitic language than the above's.
1000 Apology for my terrible English(Who cares)
wedi gura

Europe

#79 May 6, 2014
y r u guys debating, guraghe has many kinds of people, some are from the north and some are from the east while some were zer since before, but wat ever i am guraghe and i am the direct decendant of the axunite empire. proud to be habesha!
mintea

Los Angeles, CA

#80 Oct 2, 2014
As much i know people of gurage are hardworkers.during Axum civilization adulise was most popular world market place most smart and dominated merchants was from gurage people the were lived around there but after a while because of climate change adulise coverd by red sea and gurage people migrated to green place south ethiopia because they knows innocents people there and good to get together .

Since: Sep 14

Location hidden

#81 Oct 2, 2014
mintea wrote:
As much i know people of gurage are hardworkers.during Axum civilization adulise was most popular world market place most smart and dominated merchants was from gurage people the were lived around there but after a while because of climate change adulise coverd by red sea and gurage people migrated to green place south ethiopia because they knows innocents people there and good to get together .
Gurage tribe people are unique people just like the other tribes in Ethiopia, they add their own colors to the making of the rainbow we call " Ethiopia". Its a beautiful thing to know the history of ancestors, who they were, where they come from, and it will be a more beautiful thing for the country if we learn from their mistakes, pick their wisdom and lead the country to new vision on our way :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ladies Do you prefer Black or White or habesha ... (Mar '13) 19 hr OgadenPrincess 38
Why do Ethiopians hate Somali and Eritreans so ... (Jun '10) Sun OgadenPrincess 169
mix race vs east african boy/girl (Dec '10) Sun OgadenPrincess 48
Ethiopia’s History is it 3,000 or 100? Real VS ... Sun Anonymous 3
ethiopia was colonized! (Mar '08) Sun trollslayer 647
Ethiopians are NOT Black!!!!! (Feb '12) Sun Zewdi 2,368
Africa is poor because it's people are lazy Sun trollslayer 103
More from around the web