Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#1 Dec 29, 2012
May be it's <or> 50/120.

Kocho production from assat(enset, Amharic) plant can be mechanized. Kocho can be produced in dry flour form whether Kocho is produced manually or mechanically. Gurage Weyanes in their 21 years of misrule, they have not even laid a foundation work for such basic improvement in the way Gurage feeds itself.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#2 Dec 29, 2012
Kocho is Amharic for Wussa in Gurage. In Sidama language, it's Wesse
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#3 Dec 29, 2012
Also known as "false banana" due to its striking resemblance to the banana plant, enset (Ensete Scitamineae) is a traditional staple crop in many parts of the densely populated south and south-western Ethiopia.

The root of the plant provides food in the form of starch, the stem is used to produce a coarse fibre, and the leaves are fed to cattle, whose manure is in turn used to fertilize the plant. Although enset is a protein-poor crop, its deep roots give it a greater resilience to drought than other cereal crops, and consequently a greater degree of food security to those who grow it.

http://www.selfhelpafrica.org/selfhelp/Main/T...
Photos show laborious wussa production manually.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#4 Dec 29, 2012
It looks like Gurage is being by group of individuals that can be described disinterested, unconcerned, without passion and indifferent about Gurage. They provide only the minimum routine services because they love their positions and the perks that come with it.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#5 Dec 29, 2012
It looks like Gurage is being ruled by group of individuals that can be described as disinterested, unconcerned, without passion and indifferent about Gurage. They provide only the minimum routine services because they love their positions and the perks that come with it.
Common sense

Europe

#6 Dec 30, 2012
Alex wrote:
It looks like Gurage is being ruled by group of individuals that can be described as disinterested, unconcerned, without passion and indifferent about Gurage. They provide only the minimum routine services because they love their positions and the perks that come with it.
Another thread same title? Why can't you come up with a sensible title such as "Why can't Gurages (or all Ethiopians) learn in their own native language at school?" And then people can have a dialogue why that is not the case. Your title sucks (for luck of a better term).

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#7 Dec 30, 2012
Atleast they know how to eat and dress,what is the IQ of these,,,,,,,,,,i don't know what to call them,ethiopians? will fit them i think,
http://m.flickr.com/photo.gne... ;
Eeethiopiachin nuri engna banchi enseqaaaaay kkkk

Location hidden

#8 Dec 30, 2012
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text> Another thread same title? Why can't you come up with a sensible title such as "Why can't Gurages (or all Ethiopians) learn in their own native language at school?" And then people can have a dialogue why that is not the case. Your title sucks (for luck of a better term).
or why some parts of Ethiopia are still walk naked?
KaLi

Brussels, Belgium

#9 Dec 30, 2012
MuwatnEri wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayeeeeee Bisbis SharmoTa AnsseBa! tell the Truth The fact that U are still lookin 4 a Fat Nuri dk and then to use Yo Skinny Fingers as usual lololol Huh True Story Hurts!!!

Location hidden

#10 Dec 30, 2012
KaLi wrote:
<quoted text>
Ayeeeeee Bisbis SharmoTa AnsseBa! tell the Truth The fact that U are still lookin 4 a Fat Nuri dk and then to use Yo Skinny Fingers as usual lololol Huh True Story Hurts!!!
is zzzthat shappused to mech me feel anjiry,gamayew gomayew gomayew aaaaHaaaaa ane dye seriheyo bankhi aaaaHaaaaa,kkkk
CarLiTo

Brussels, Belgium

#11 Dec 30, 2012
MuwatnEri wrote:
<quoted text>
is zzzthat shappused to mech me feel anjiry,gamayew gomayew gomayew aaaaHaaaaa ane dye seriheyo bankhi aaaaHaaaaa,kkkk
i think U like Raya Right? well U are not Wrong! cuz Raya got what U Kerenis love and that is ofcourse Thier Amazin Gumayeeee <D1ck< Ahaaaaaa Ane diye SeriHayo RayaShilho aHaaaaaaaaaaa
FASIL

Renens, Switzerland

#12 Dec 30, 2012
MuwatnEri wrote:
Atleast they know how to eat and dress,what is the IQ of these,,,,,,,,,,i don't know what to call them,ethiopians? will fit them i think,
Always you are D!ck hunting season....that why you are back,u kintirless shabia arrrogit.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#13 Dec 30, 2012
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text> Another thread same title? Why can't you come up with a sensible title such as "Why can't Gurages (or all Ethiopians) learn in their own native language at school?" And then people can have a dialogue why that is not the case. Your title sucks (for luck of a better term).
I know the title has already diagnosed the problem, it seems. I think what you are saying is the reader wants to arrive at that conclusion after after dialogue. While the reader may be prematurely exposed to a conclusion that it would have reached through discussion, it doesn't stop the reader from discussing why Gurage has violated one of the essential provisions of the constitution on languages use and failure to harmonize reforms with Ethiopian ethnic groups surrounding it.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#15 Dec 30, 2012
MuwatnEri wrote:
Eeethiopiachin nuri engna gin... kkkk
It's true starving and crying Eritrean has a point. Even among high school dropouts from Gurage, Ethiopianism is strong phenomenon as if the country is their colony, their possession, as if it's their baby they gave birth to for which they are insanely protective of. But, they don't show it in writing on web blogs, newspapers, radio and forums such as this. Perhaps not also militarily. I often wonder about the reason for Gurage obscurity from media.
Common sense

Europe

#16 Dec 30, 2012
MuwatnEri wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant, insignificant and ignorant question.
Common sense

Europe

#17 Dec 30, 2012
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the title has already diagnosed the problem, it seems. I think what you are saying is the reader wants to arrive at that conclusion after after dialogue. While the reader may be prematurely exposed to a conclusion that it would have reached through discussion, it doesn't stop the reader from discussing why Gurage has violated one of the essential provisions of the constitution on languages use and failure to harmonize reforms with Ethiopian ethnic groups surrounding it.
I knew Gurage families who were living in Holeta Oromya region who had to relocate to other cities when their children who lived there were forced to learn in Oromifa. Can you imagine the chaos that would be created if you try to teach all Ethiopia in its own mother tongue in a country endowed with so many languages? It is absolutely implausible.
You have a legitimate concern regarding preserving all of our languages since many languages are going extinct each day. But it is not only through enforcing it at school that you can achieve that. For instance, there are illiterate Ethiopians who are fluent in Amharic despite they have never been to school. It is through interacting with that language that they achieved that. On the contrary, despite English is the medium of education in all Ethiopian secondary and higher institutions, the majority of Ethiopians have a very poor command of English.
It is up to the Gurages and other ethnic groups in Ethiopia to do whatever is needed to pass their language to the next generation. For example, Tigraes and Oromos living in the cities interact in their own language while Gurages and others from minority groups prefer Amharic. Nobody can force them not to speak their own languages. I was born and raised in Addis but my ethnic group is Gurage. I am afraid to admit it but my command of Guragigna is very poor despite I am good at Amharic and two foreign languages.
In a nutshell, it is up to us to make a change. There are barely any books written in Guragigna. You can start by writing a book (at least a children's book) in Guragigna and make a change instead of expecting Ethiopian rulers to make a change for us.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#18 Dec 30, 2012
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text> I knew Gurage families who were living in Holeta Oromya region who had to relocate to other cities when their children who lived there were forced to learn in Oromifa. Can you imagine the chaos that would be created if you try to teach all Ethiopia in its own mother tongue in a country endowed with so many languages? It is absolutely implausible.
You have a legitimate concern regarding preserving all of our languages since many languages are going extinct each day. But it is not only through enforcing it at school that you can achieve that. For instance, there are illiterate Ethiopians who are fluent in Amharic despite they have never been to school. It is through interacting with that language that they achieved that. On the contrary, despite English is the medium of education in all Ethiopian secondary and higher institutions, the majority of Ethiopians have a very poor command of English.
It is up to the Gurages and other ethnic groups in Ethiopia to do whatever is needed to pass their language to the next generation. For example, Tigraes and Oromos living in the cities interact in their own language while Gurages and others from minority groups prefer Amharic. Nobody can force them not to speak their own languages. I was born and raised in Addis but my ethnic group is Gurage. I am afraid to admit it but my command of Guragigna is very poor despite I am good at Amharic and two foreign languages.
In a nutshell, it is up to us to make a change. There are barely any books written in Guragigna. You can start by writing a book (at least a children's book) in Guragigna and make a change instead of expecting Ethiopian rulers to make a change for us.
The Constitution allows ethnic groups to use and develop their languages. It doesn't force anyone to do so. But, not to do so also neglects the reason why it was deemed necessary to be included in the constitution by the conference of Ethiopians. It's for the preservation of languages UN has mandated. Also, pedagogical research has established the fact that children learn new knowledge and skills faster in their first languages.
Gurage government is neglectful of both the UN mandate and Ethiopian constitution. The Bible is translated into Chaha dialect but doubt whether the churches preach in the dialect. Even if I producece children book, it may not be used because of neglectful attitude of the leadership.

Amara, Gutrage and Welaita are sizable in Oromia. They are productive citizens contributing greatly to the economy of the state. The Ethiopian constitution allows them to preserve their languages and customs. If the state denies their children primary education in their languages, they could sue the state. Or they could ask the PM, Amara, Gurage and Welaita governments to intervene.
RealGurage

Seattle, WA

#19 Jan 30, 2013
Alex,i know you are Woyane? probably not Gurage you have been supporting them in all threads.how come You write things against Gurages and then Support other times.the big problem is WOYANE(TPLF,EPRDF)and BANDAS in the present ethiopia no one else.if not all issues can be solved in a democratic Ethiopia easier.all we need is democracy that is the only way all ethnics can move forward.
General Ali

Alexandria, VA

#20 Jan 30, 2013
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>The Constitution allows ethnic groups to use and develop their languages. It doesn't force anyone to do so. But, not to do so also neglects the reason why it was deemed necessary to be included in the constitution by the conference of Ethiopians. It's for the preservation of languages UN has mandated. Also, pedagogical research has established the fact that children learn new knowledge and skills faster in their first languages.
Gurage government is neglectful of both the UN mandate and Ethiopian constitution. The Bible is translated into Chaha dialect but doubt whether the churches preach in the dialect. Even if I producece children book, it may not be used because of neglectful attitude of the leadership.
Amara, Gutrage and Welaita are sizable in Oromia. They are productive citizens contributing greatly to the economy of the state. The Ethiopian constitution allows them to preserve their languages and customs. If the state denies their children primary education in their languages, they could sue the state. Or they could ask the PM, Amara, Gurage and Welaita governments to intervene.
u shittttyyyy bastard come n open ur moth in any oromiya place and i guarentee you ak-47 right on your head!!!! hahahhaha that is how we do it in oromiyaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! we will fkn shoot u with no mercy n feed u to pigs. thats it just surrender your overleft weredas and leave for kongo kinshasa quickly!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21 Jan 31, 2013
MuwatnEri wrote:
.....Dude, are you gay? EUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, why post pictures of naked guys,T-T, my eyes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long sleepless nights for most hated tigres 6 min selamawi 7
Do you think Ethiopia and Eritrea will unite ag... (Mar '13) 1 hr AncientSomaliWarr... 178
Ethiopia: a Christian male Amara/Tigray country 1 hr ogaden is somalia 105
I am Ethiopian girl , age 29, never being kisse... (Nov '10) 2 hr Loool 128
USA is a Monster that has got to be stopped ASAP 3 hr Shah 7
Arab countries are falling one after nor 3 hr Shah 62
Menelik’s VS oromo’s 16th centuary expansion 8 hr Badugi 19
More from around the web