Oromos face Danger of expulsion from ...

Oromos face Danger of expulsion from Ethiopia and becoming Stateless

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Judit

Denver, CO

#1 Dec 3, 2012
The reason for the expulsion is that they migrated to Ethiopia from Kenya in the 16th and 17th centuries.
But one has to distinguish between real oromos and fake oromos.
Judit

Denver, CO

#2 Dec 3, 2012
The great ethnic migrations (ca. 1520-1660)
November 20th, 2007 · 
The Adalite Wars of 1524-1543 accelerated the era and events of the Great Ethiopian Ethnic Migrations of the period 1520 to 1660, during which the following vast and diverse tribal and ethnic groups of Ganz, Gudela, Wetogira, Gadabicho, Alaba, Kabena, Ulbarag, Silti, Sheshago, Malge, and Bushe (the Hadiya-Sidama people) ; of Itu, Arsi, Kereyu, Wollo, Tulama, and Mecha (Baretuma-Borana Oromo people); of Derasa, Damot, Gafat, Enariya, Bosha, Adal, and of Somali peoples partially or totally moved from earlier positions in Southern Ethiopia.
In detail the events took place as follows. First, as the consequences of the foregoing two concomitant events of the Adalite Wars of 1524-1543 and the Great Ethnic Migrations of 1520-1660, the ancient and indigenous people of Bali, Dawaro, Adal, Sharka, Fatagar, Maya, Damot, Gafat, Bosha, Enariya, Conga, and Bizamo either totally disappeared from their ancestral lands or were assimilated by the new nomadic immigrant tribes of Oromo, Somali, and Afar.
Then, the various ancient Hadiya-Sidama groups of Gadayco, Gudela, Diho, Hadabo, Ganz, Saga, Gab, Kabena, Gogala, Alaba, Ulbarag, Silti, Wetogira, Sheshago, Malge, Bushe, and Mareko permanently left their ancestral region of today’ s southern Shewa and northwestern Sidamo where they had began a process of assimilation with the local peoples of Gurage, Kembata, and Derasa (Gedeo).
As a direct consequence of these two large movements, the three nomadic groups of Oromo, Somali, and Afar underwent expansion both in the central, and western regions of the subcontinent.
This continued until the seventeenth century. Because of its great scope and magnitude, the process and progress of the migratory expansion of the Oromo nomads is specially detailed in the following paragraphs.
As has been said above, since the Adalite War of 1524-1543 the three ethnic groups of Oromo, Somali and Afar had become increasingly important elements in the subcontinent.
The ethnic name of Somali was vaguely mentioned for the first time within the tributary sultanate of Adal during the reign of Ethiopian King Yishaq (1414-1429). In the Adalite War of 1524-1543, many of the Somali tribal groups like Habr Magadi, Harti, Girri, Merehan, Gorgorah, etc. appeared for the first time east and south of Harar and played active parts in the war.
The name Afar (Danakil) was mentioned for the first time in the 13th century by the Arab geographer Ibn Said (1214-74). Like the Somali, the Afar were the subjects of Adal and played active parts in the Adalite War of 1524-1543.
The Oromo people appeared for the first time in the history of the subcontinent in the sixteenth century under the name of “ Galla” . All extant documentary, linguistic and traditional evidence unanimously indicates that various tribal groups of the Oromo people under the two main branches of Borana and Baretuma began their migratory expansion from their homeland in the south somewhere between the Ganale River and Lake Abaya in what is now Sidamo.
Ezana

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 3, 2012
Judit wrote:
The reason for the expulsion is that they migrated to Ethiopia from Kenya in the 16th and 17th centuries.
But one has to distinguish between real oromos and fake oromos.
We will do that if you can proof you are 100 % pure never intermixed what ever ethiopia tribe you are. Fk face racist. No one is going no where. The bastards are here to stay, but you racist zerenga " who think they are " pure " tplf Eplf OLF monkey Italian Banda Dikala we will set you straight.
Alex

Etobicoke, Canada

#4 Dec 3, 2012
Ezana wrote:
<quoted text>
We will do that if you can proof you are 100 % pure never intermixed what ever ethiopia tribe you are. Fk face racist. No one is going no where. The bastards are here to stay, but you racist zerenga " who think they are " pure " tplf Eplf OLF monkey Italian Banda Dikala we will set you straight.
Your shiit everywhere. Italian askari.
Judit

Denver, CO

#5 Dec 3, 2012
Ezana wrote:
<quoted text>
Why hurry to insult a$$h°le.
You know what fake oromo means ? Sure many are intermixed but if a crazy oromo is bent on creating his fiefdom on Ethiopian soil you have no other choice but expulsion.
Ezana

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Dec 3, 2012
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>Your shiit everywhere. Italian askari.
Alex even if I was Eritrean - you know it's not going to change the fact that i am habesha. And the fact that I am ethiopia. Again it's my face in Wikipedia representing everything that is ethiopia. not yours. Another thing you are not gurage. You are oromo ,( but not ethiopian oromo ) u r OLF , your comments are posted exactly where the head office of OLF in Canada is located. U have no issues with olf except everyone else.

How could you be Gurage and insult the people that Gurage come from like Tigray Eritrea " adi gura " lol. You can fool everyone but not me Alex.

I was right the first time. You are Olf.
Ezana

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 3, 2012
Judit wrote:
<quoted text>
Why hurry to insult a$$h°le.
You know what fake oromo means ? Sure many are intermixed but if a crazy oromo is bent on creating his fiefdom on Ethiopian soil you have no other choice but expulsion.
Sorry , but you said Oromo explosion. That means all Oromo. We have Oromo family too. Say Olf.
ONandON

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Dec 3, 2012
cognito

San Jose, CA

#10 Dec 5, 2012
The same apostles of “change” or missionaries of status quo ante, are hell-bent in disseminating partial myth, partially have baked truth, sort of hodgepodge, under different alias in different fora!
http://ethiopiaculture.org/the-great-ethnic-m...
http://www.ethiopianreview.com/forum/viewtopi...
by ProudEthiopian » 02 Feb 2010, 21:26
In the past we used to call fake Oromos oromos, but today we know that most are not Oromos.

November 20th, 2007 • No Comments

The Adalite Wars of 1524-1543 accelerated the era and events of the Great Ethiopian Ethnic Migrations of the period 1520 to 1660, during which the following vast and diverse tribal and ethnic groups of Ganz, Gudela, Wetogira, Gadabicho, Alaba, Kabena, Ulbarag, Silti, Sheshago, Malge, and Bushe (the Hadiya-Sidama people) ; of Itu, Arsi, Kereyu, Wollo, Tulama, and Mecha (Baretuma-Borana Oromo people); of Derasa, Damot, Gafat, Enariya, Bosha, Adal, and of Somali peoples partially or totally moved from earlier positions in Southern Ethiopia…..

ha ha ha proud Ethiopian …’alsheshum zori alu’

aba utopia LOOOOL
cognito

San Jose, CA

#11 Dec 5, 2012
i might add, cut and paste scholars LOOOOOOOOOOL

Since: Nov 12

United States

#12 Dec 5, 2012
cognito wrote:
i might add, cut and paste scholars LOOOOOOOOOOL
damn right, btw everybody claims him/herself as a scholar in every Ethiopian forum

United States

#13 Dec 5, 2012
'alex vs ezana' is just like 'palestine vs israel'.ech Ahuns astelachugn!
Judit

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Dec 5, 2012
cognito wrote:
The same apostles of “change” or missionaries of status quo ante, are hell-bent in disseminating partial myth, partially have baked truth, sort of hodgepodge, under different alias in different fora!
http://ethiopiaculture.org/the-great-ethnic-m...
by ProudEthiopian » 02 Feb 2010, 21:26
In the past we used to call fake Oromos oromos, but today we know that most are not Oromos.
November 20th, 2007 • No Comments
The Adalite Wars of 1524-1543 accelerated the era and events of the Great Ethiopian Ethnic Migrations of the period 1520 to 1660, during which the following vast and diverse tribal and ethnic groups of Ganz, Gudela, Wetogira, Gadabicho, Alaba, Kabena, Ulbarag, Silti, Sheshago, Malge, and Bushe (the Hadiya-Sidama people) ; of Itu, Arsi, Kereyu, Wollo, Tulama, and Mecha (Baretuma-Borana Oromo people); of Derasa, Damot, Gafat, Enariya, Bosha, Adal, and of Somali peoples partially or totally moved from earlier positions in Southern Ethiopia…..
ha ha ha proud Ethiopian …’alsheshum zori alu’
aba utopia LOOOOL
So what is ur point mr. soon to be stateless olf A$$h°le ?
You cant refute historical fact by simply saying it is fake, you must present evidence.
I tell you what is really fake is yours, shabias and woyanes oromia.
Judit

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Dec 5, 2012
cognito wrote:
cut and paste scholars
you are trying to be funny but nothing wrong in cut and paste. this is the internet era.

Europe

#16 Dec 6, 2012
Judit wrote:
<quoted text>
you are trying to be funny but nothing wrong in cut and paste. this is the internet era.
cut and paste does not require knowledge coz every dumb ass can do it
Judit

Las Vegas, NV

#17 Dec 6, 2012
stfu ekekam hula wrote:
<quoted text>cut and paste does not require knowledge coz every dumb ass can do it
idiot !
every a$$h°le can press keys on the keyboard.

United States

#18 Dec 6, 2012
Judit wrote:
<quoted text>
idiot !
every a$$h°le can press keys on the keyboard.
don't be mad, btw u r one of the 'copy and paste' scholars
Judit

Las Vegas, NV

#19 Dec 6, 2012
stfu ekekam hula wrote:
<quoted text>don't be mad, btw u r one of the 'copy and paste' scholars
dingay ras,
i hate to repeat myself but this is the internet era that means sharing of info ideas videos ...

United States

#20 Dec 6, 2012
Judit wrote:
<quoted text>
dingay ras,
i hate to repeat myself but this is the internet era that means sharing of info ideas videos ...
but ur using the info like it was ur own idea
Anonymous

Severn, MD

#21 Dec 6, 2012
The name Ethiopia was given by Minilik II, when he United the whole present region before that Oromia was just Oromia with different sub-regions so where do Oromos go just like before Ethiopia will just be the northern part of the present day Ethiopia and Oromia will stay as Oromia. SSNN will negotiate with Oromia and live peacefully with no discrimination. Are you stupid, retarded or just some attention seeker. Where do you think ~27 million people go from their own beautiful land?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Ethiopians and somali so racist toward... (Apr '13) 7 hr Anonymous 142
DNA ancestry tests for Ethiopians (Aug '15) 8 hr Thirstin 4 Knowledge 32
Africa is poor because it's people are lazy (Jan '15) Wed Anonymous 107
News Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia finalizing labor exchang... Jul 26 lolla 1
Ethiopian vs Eritrean Women, Who's More Beautiful? (Apr '14) Jul 26 jake 70
arabian man loves ethiopian girls (Oct '11) Jul 25 I hate arabs 25
Invasion of Welkait-Tegede from Gondar by TPLF. (May '09) Jul 25 Anonymous 91
More from around the web