Researcher says lost Ark of the Coven...

Researcher says lost Ark of the Covenant found

There are 50 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Mar 1, 2008, titled Researcher says lost Ark of the Covenant found. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Like another famous swashbuckling treasure hunter, he has a fear of snakes. He's not adverse to associating with mystics, charlatans and crooks in his quest for prized artifacts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
kassandra

Tartu, Estonia

#1 Mar 1, 2008
How did the researches get their hands on Aaron's DNA, for comparison? I've seen Aaron's turban sitting in a glass cast at the Topkapi Museum in Istambul. Was there a piece of it stuck in the turban? Sorry, this story has all the markings of a tale of Biblical Archaeology proportions, which carries along with it a smell of fakes and charlatans and "god-gave-us-the-land " mentality.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#2 Mar 1, 2008
I wonder what the Ethiopians think of this "find"...
Jim P

Long Beach, CA

#3 Mar 1, 2008
I was doing fine with this until I came to the part wherein it is claimed that he got genetic "proof" that this tribe is descended from the biblical Aaron...and where did he get Aaron's DNA to do this comparison?
Not to mention failing to explain how an Israelite tribe, strictly forbidden to intermarry outside of itself could mutate into black Africans?
Elisheva

Cleveland, OH

#4 Mar 1, 2008
Greetings to those who are questioning the genetics cited.
I can't vouch for the general story, such as the alleged discovery itself, but yes, in fact, modern genetics has found the markers of the "Kohains", also called Cohens today, and have traced them back to a common ancestor, which would be Aaron the High Priest.
Try doing a search on Cohen gene, Jewish Genetics, etc.
Here's a cite or two for you:
http://www.cohen-levi.org/jewish_genes_and_ge...
http://www.ou.org/publications/ja/5760winter/...
http://www.khazaria.com/genetics/abstracts-co...
Owen Harper

United States

#5 Mar 2, 2008
He's wrong. We've got it locked up in the Vault at the hub in Cardiff.
Kathleen Johnson

Castle Rock, CO

#6 Mar 2, 2008
I don't understand why searchers for the Ark of the Covenant do not understand that the Ark is NOT on THIS EARTH. Read Revelation 11:19, which says, "Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of the covenant...." I think all the efforts of man, searching for the Ark, are for naught.
Anon

Buena Park, CA

#7 Mar 2, 2008
Owen, there's a time rift in Cardiff!

Oh I get it Capt. Jack Harkness has it!

Cymru - Now there's a example of speaking in tongues ;-))

Tardis, Dalek, Time Lord!

This post is gonna confuse the true believers!
Pastor Ed

Deerfield, MA

#8 Mar 3, 2008
A careful study of the Ark in scripture and some common sense will show that this wooden bowl is NOT even close to what the Ark is! This is sensationalism.
This scholar should research the meaning behind the Ark and its true purpose. Such an esteemed individual should have gathered more FACTS pertaining to the Real Ark and less flights of fancy.
Pastor Ed

Deerfield, MA

#9 Mar 3, 2008
Kathleen Johnson wrote:
I don't understand why searchers for the Ark of the Covenant do not understand that the Ark is NOT on THIS EARTH. Read Revelation 11:19, which says, "Then God's temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of the covenant...." I think all the efforts of man, searching for the Ark, are for naught.
I agree, and we will see it during the tribulation. I was really disappointed with the whole thing

“All my friends are visible”

Since: Mar 08

Houston, TX

#10 Mar 3, 2008
Indiana Jones found it ages ago.
lbpd

Burbank, CA

#11 Mar 3, 2008
great movie!!!

Since: Mar 08

Brisbane, Australia

#12 Mar 3, 2008
The Ark of the Covenant is being cared for in Israel.

It is not in Ethiopia, nor has anyone found it.

Jeremiah the prophet of God took the Ark before Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon demolished the temple, and put it into the care of a holy people, who generation after generation have cared for it waiting for the new temple to be rebuilt.

When the 3rd temple is built on The Temple Mount in Jerusalem, the Ark will be revealed once again.
kayla Hill

Whitney, TX

#13 Mar 4, 2008
Kathleen Johnson wrote:
In reply to your comment that verse in the Bible was not physical, it is spiritual.Where is the temple ? we are the temple! And the ark is Gods glory. the verse means that when Jehovah dwells within our minds(his temple) His glory is also in us, and can be seen when we open up to others. revelation is a spiritual book everything in it has a spiritual meaning. YES the ark is on earth!!!!!! if this one that this man found is it or not,I dont know but it is here.
Shonda

Whitney, TX

#14 Mar 4, 2008
There is also an ark being guarded down in Etheopia, This is also said to be the REAL ark it is still covered with gold. It is said to be a gift to the Queen of Sheba from Solomon.Another reporting iS that after the Musulms erected the wall to keep the Jewish people out of the Temple, The Wailing Wall, Some preist were digging in the direction under the Temple. they claim that directly under the Holy of Holies they found an Ark covered with Gold It is belived to be The ARK! Athorites banned them from digging more and walled up this hidden room . There are Decendants of the Levitical Priest in training now. With the hope of bringing this ark back in to the Holy of Holies.People this all may be true and We could realy see this come to pass. But ! no matter What Ark is found It will no longer contain Gods Glory He told us himself He Dwells in a Temple Made without hands . That our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit. He desires to fill us with his Glory . The old Test. Ark was just a Shadow of what he wanted to do IN us. So Yes this is once again proof that our Bible is true. But if you want to see the real ark look in the Mirror..

The Count

“doltish stare”

Since: Jan 08

Chicago

#16 Mar 4, 2008
Unit One wrote:
The Ark of the Covenant is being cared for in Israel.
It is not in Ethiopia, nor has anyone found it.
Jeremiah the prophet of God took the Ark before Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon demolished the temple, and put it into the care of a holy people, who generation after generation have cared for it waiting for the new temple to be rebuilt.
When the 3rd temple is built on The Temple Mount in Jerusalem, the Ark will be revealed once again.
They've been using it as a flower pot. I heard Antiques Roadshow is in negotiations with the top holy guy.
Brian

Glendale, CA

#17 Mar 4, 2008
Pam wrote:
Oh brother! The "ark is not on this earth"...yeah, ok. I'm absolutely amazed how religious brainwashing has done such a great job! How anyone with a rational brain could believe all this mumbo-jumbo is shocking to me. I really love how people make these statements as if it's all true! God's glory...God also kills and maims and starves little children, if you want to believe that God is involved in any aspects of your lives. "God saved me from the tornado"...ok, then using that logic, it's too bad he killed the kid down the street when God started the tornado in the first place! NO ONE KNOWS WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS A GOD...not you, not the minister or priest or rabbi, nor the bum in the gutter. Quit making declarations based on
YOUR brainwashed mind.
haha good one :)
Christ-like

United States

#18 Mar 4, 2008
I truly feel sorry for you Pam. You sound so negative and angry inside. You are angry that others find beauty and hope. I do hope one day you will feel God's love fill your void - and you do have one. It is that obvious. I was like you once and chose to leave that life behind me. I am much happier now. Happiness is priceless - misery is a waste of life.
As for the ark of the covenant- I have better things to seek.......
Larry

Rochester, MI

#19 Mar 5, 2008
This must be a reproduction or replica of the original Ark. Jeremiah hid it in a cave on Mt Nebo and sealed the entrance. No on will find it. Read Macc 2:2 "The same document also tells how the prophet, following a divine revelation, ordered that the tent and the ark should accompany him and how he went off to the mountain which Moses climbed to see God's inheritance.
When Jeremiah arrived there, he found a room in a cave in which he put the tent, the ark, and the altar of incense; then he blocked up the entrance. Some of those who followed him came up intending to mark the path, but they could not find it. When Jeremiah heard of this, he reproved them: "The place is to remain unknown until God gathers his people together again and shows them mercy. "
Besides we don't need the Ark of the Old Covenant any more. We have the Ark of the New Covenant already. Mary is this Ark. She held the body of Jesus. The Old Ark held the Law...stone tablets. The new Ark held Jesus ,Himself, the promised Messiah.

Since: Feb 08

Montgomery, AL

#20 Mar 5, 2008
Now we have Larry the cable guy chiming in on this one. Wheres Noahs Ark fall into all this Ark talk?
Cynthia

Columbia, AL

#21 Mar 5, 2008
I am interested and open to the legitamacy of this being if not the original perhaps one of the replica'a of the origianl ark, since there is no claim to it's whereabouts in Scripture after the philistines stole it for the last time. The Bible which is my absolute ( I'm sure any true scientists out there will disagree with my definition of an absoulute but I persist in this belief) does not by God's design give specifics about many things that I believe He was concerned that we would focus on rather than his Son...Jesus. Okay, now the real reason for my post is that I feel incredibly sad that this guy thinks that the veracity of this finding would in ANY way bring any lasting peace to our world. The hatred (Jihad) of the Arabs for the Jews (and any Jewish allies) will only end when Jesus Christ returns to this earth to set up his kingdom. Rev. 19:11.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethiopiawnet on Fire 5 min Walelign 4
Gurage women are sluts 2 hr GreaterEthiopia 1
Why are Ethiopians and somali so racist toward... (Apr '13) 5 hr Donald55 143
Priests bless diaspora politics 6 hr Walelign 1
Do Ethiopian Men Like Black American Women 9 hr Geletta 9
News Don't Tell Me There Are No Qualified Ethiopian ... 9 hr Geletta 2
Was King Solomon's mother, Bathsheba......Ethio... (May '11) 18 hr True 29
More from around the web