was eritrea part of ethiopia??
Zewdu

Ethiopia

#21 Dec 31, 2012
You could have a cheaper electricity supply from Ethiopia's dams than buying petroluem at a higher cost the generation capacity of which is not sufficient for Asmara and the towns let alone to support industrialisation of the country!
Feb

Arlington, VA

#22 Dec 31, 2012
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>What is the point of your question? Eritrea is separated from Ethiopia by force against the will of both peoples.Yes,most of the people in both countries were tired of the war and the Dergue;and above all most of the Eritrean people was brainwashed by the pathetic propaganda of EPLF.They vowed to make Eritrea 'the African Singapor'. Who would vote against development and prosperity? Noone!
In addition, the choices given to the people of Eritrea up on the refurendum was 'Either Nestanet or Barrenet' which litrally translated is 'either freedom or slavery'.Noone on earth with a sane mind will chose to be a slave.So the refurrendeum was flawed from the very start of nation creation. So there is no need to go back and refer to the long past.
Despit the facts stated above, who do you think should work for national unity? If you have a real nationalist and rational thought Eritrea as a country benefits from union or some sort of arrangement than a separate nation state.Yes,we have so many things in common or have some same history and identity yet the only thing that Ethiopia will lose from cessation of Eritrea is ports which can be substituted by arrangements with other neighbourly countries.
In contrast Eritrea loses almost all her economic base.Remember Issayas' EPLF was dreaming to make Eritrea 'the African Singapor' by plundering the resources of Ethiopia which is quite naive.Her are some of the areas Eritrea loses:
Huge Ethiopian market.
Tourism from the Affluent Ethiopians.
lose of port fees.
Lose of transport income.
lose of bigger job market for the skilled man power.
lose of supply of agricultural products.
Lose of market for salt.etc.
And the sky is GREEN. Tell all your BS to your grandson. I vote for referendum but i didnt see no Slavery in the voting paper.If Eri ppl want union why they forgot 30+ years? How come they vote 99.985 vote for the independence. Every body knew this was coming since late 50"S. Evern US secrtary of sate in 50 said it " Eritrean ppl deserve thier indepedence but for the interest of the us and ethiopia, we want union". The UN did injustice to Eri ppl with out thier will. But Nothing cant stop Eri ppl from thier freedom. Fought 30 years aginst 60 * ppl, the usssr and the us and clam back their land. So all that crap Eri want with Eth is just pure lie. Eritreans pay their lifefor thier freedom. The only thing stoping our rebulding process is the WORLD UNFAIRNESS against Eritrea as always since second war two. And As always we chose to defend our home land aginst all odds first. Given our vast endowment of natural resources, our beautiful red sed- attraction to all the oil endowed ppl, and relatively small size pp Eritrean development is not even in question . And what ever dispute among us it is between us. US brutal family dispute call civil war. So All you BS crap with your fake history, from nigste negestat to ...... will be a good bed time story to agame grandson.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#23 Dec 31, 2012
Zewdu wrote:
You could have a cheaper electricity supply from Ethiopia's dams than buying petroluem at a higher cost the generation capacity of which is not sufficient for Asmara and the towns let alone to support industrialisation of the country!
no thanks,even if the relations improved i don't think its a good idea to buy power from Ethiopia,
you don't like to see Eritrea flourishing and we would be idiots if we put our industries under your mercy.just leave us alone.

Location hidden

#24 Dec 31, 2012
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> And the sky is GREEN. Tell all your BS to your grandson. I vote for referendum but i didnt see no Slavery in the voting paper.If Eri ppl want union why they forgot 30+ years? How come they vote 99.985 vote for the independence. Every body knew this was coming since late 50"S. Evern US secrtary of sate in 50 said it " Eritrean ppl deserve thier indepedence but for the interest of the us and ethiopia, we want union". The UN did injustice to Eri ppl with out thier will. But Nothing cant stop Eri ppl from thier freedom. Fought 30 years aginst 60 * ppl, the usssr and the us and clam back their land. So all that crap Eri want with Eth is just pure lie. Eritreans pay their lifefor thier freedom. The only thing stoping our rebulding process is the WORLD UNFAIRNESS against Eritrea as always since second war two. And As always we chose to defend our home land aginst all odds first. Given our vast endowment of natural resources, our beautiful red sed- attraction to all the oil endowed ppl, and relatively small size pp Eritrean development is not even in question . And what ever dispute among us it is between us. US brutal family dispute call civil war. So All you BS crap with your fake history, from nigste negestat to ...... will be a good bed time story to agame grandson.
well said,bro
I like his GSOH "Ethiopian tourists" KKKKKKKK
Zewdu

Ethiopia

#25 Dec 31, 2012
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> And the sky is GREEN. Tell all your BS to your grandson. I vote for referendum but i didnt see no Slavery in the voting paper..
You must have voted "No" since one can see you didn't properly read the paper! I think that is why it was not a 100%'yes' vote!
Feb wrote:
<quoted text>
If Eri ppl want union why they forgot 30+ years? How come they vote 99.985 vote for the independence. Every body knew this was coming since late 50"S. Evern US secrtary of sate in 50 said it " Eritrean ppl deserve thier indepedence but for the interest of the us and ethiopia, we want union"..
"Lie,lies and lies! That is yo...ur lies" something of substance to be qouted from PIA! Why would the US secretary in the 50s say so while it had a friendly relationship with the Emperors administration? and what good was Eritreas union for the US back then?
Feb wrote:
<quoted text>
The UN did injustice to Eri ppl with out thier will..
THe UN conducted a detailed study as to the viability of the statehood of Eritrea before the first referrendum and made it's decision to federate Eritrea with Ethiopia!The people of Eritrea were jubilant of the federation and thus received the King by walking miles to the Mereb river crossing!
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> But Nothing cant stop Eri ppl from thier freedom. Fought 30 years aginst 60 * ppl, the usssr and the us and clam back their land. So all that crap Eri want with Eth is just pure lie...
Same old! Same old!'lies...lies and lies' Don't plagarise PIA!
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> Eritreans pay their lifefor thier freedom. The only thing stoping our rebulding process is the WORLD UNFAIRNESS against Eritrea as always since second war two...
Don't watch too much EriTv!The world is even yet to know the existence of Eritrea!
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> And As always we chose to defend our home land aginst all odds first. Given our vast endowment of natural resources, our beautiful red sed- attraction to all the oil endowed ppl, and relatively small size pp Eritrean development is not even in question ..
Eitrea is not especially endowed with natural resources as much as Congo!! Red sea is just a body of water if not used for proper causes! and What can any nation did with their body of water? Ship building? Fishery? recretion? and Ports no more? of all those listed may be fishery is working for Eritrea! No big deal haveing an extensive sea shore! Defending it might cost a lot than to profit from it!
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> And what ever dispute among us it is between us. US brutal family dispute call civil war. So All you BS crap with your fake history, from nigste negestat to ...... will be a good bed time story to agame grandson.
I have good news for you bro! Ethiopia will never ever look back to Eritrea unless you beg us to! and be reminded of the fact that our history is a revealation of our greatness!
Zewdu

Ethiopia

#26 Dec 31, 2012
MuwatnEri wrote:
<quoted text>
no thanks,even if the relations improved i don't think its a good idea to buy power from Ethiopia,
you don't like to see Eritrea flourishing and we would be idiots if we put our industries under your mercy.just leave us alone.
So are you intending to build neuclear power stations or smuggle more oil from Sudan or Saudi?
Zewdu

Ethiopia

#27 Dec 31, 2012
MuwatnEri wrote:
<quoted text>
well said,bro
I like his GSOH "Ethiopian tourists" KKKKKKKK
Take the big picture! Tigray region is by far industrialised than Eritrea leave alone the remote central and other areas and is able to generate enough tourists to visit Eritrea!
Feb

Arlington, VA

#28 Dec 31, 2012
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>You must have voted "No" since one can see you didn't properly read the paper! I think that is why it was not a 100%'yes' vote!
<quoted text>"Lie,lies and lies! That is yo...ur lies" something of substance to be qouted from PIA! Why would the US secretary in the 50s say so while it had a friendly relationship with the Emperors administration? and what good was Eritreas union for the US back then?
<quoted text>THe UN conducted a detailed study as to the viability of the statehood of Eritrea before the first referrendum and made it's decision to federate Eritrea with Ethiopia!The people of Eritrea were jubilant of the federation and thus received the King by walking miles to the Mereb river crossing!
<quoted text>Same old! Same old!'lies...lies and lies' Don't plagarise PIA!
<quoted text>Don't watch too much EriTv!The world is even yet to know the existence of Eritrea!
<quoted text>Eitrea is not especially endowed with natural resources as much as Congo!! Red sea is just a body of water if not used for proper causes! and What can any nation did with their body of water? Ship building? Fishery? recretion? and Ports no more? of all those listed may be fishery is working for Eritrea! No big deal haveing an extensive sea shore! Defending it might cost a lot than to profit from it!
<quoted text>I have good news for you bro! Ethiopia will never ever look back to Eritrea unless you beg us to! and be reminded of the fact that our history is a revealation of our greatness!
Say no more. I rest my case! Here you go to judge the truth ppl. It only take few click to prove the truth. I told you those ppl are dare to tell us the sky is green. And Ve ry funny bout beggn , you don't no option but to stay the biggest land locked country under the sun.

Location hidden

#29 Dec 31, 2012
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>So are you intending to build neuclear power stations or smuggle more oil from Sudan or Saudi?
don't worry,you know very well how we raised,fed and armed you with no resources whatsoever until the gates of arbaete kilo let alone now with plenty of resources,
definitely its not a good idea to buy electricity from Ethiopia at all,or may be for the villages bordering Ethiopia and for domestic use only::

Location hidden

#30 Dec 31, 2012
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> Say no more. I rest my case! Here you go to judge the truth ppl. It only take few click to prove the truth. I told you those ppl are dare to tell us the sky is green. And Ve ry funny bout beggn , you don't no option but to stay the biggest land locked country under the sun.
HAPPY NEW YEAR WEDI ERI XAEDA!!
AMET RAHWA,HAGOS SELAMN YGBERELNA.amen

Location hidden

#31 Dec 31, 2012
NOW PLS STOP TWISTING AND CHANGING THE SUBJECT.IF ITS HARD FOR YOU TO DISCUSS,LEARN FROM sam and turn blind.

Was Eritrea part of Ethiopia?
If yes,
how come the ethiopians didnt fight the italians to free thier land?
Does this mean ethiopia partly was colonized by Italy?
Doesn't this contradict their claim that Ethiopia had never been colonized?
If no
why do they claim assab to be an Ethiopian port and Eritrea the 14th province?
FASIL

Renens, Switzerland

#32 Jan 1, 2013
But in 30 years of struggle has anybody really articulated,what dream is all about.?or already they finished eat their NESANET.?!!
FASIL

Renens, Switzerland

#33 Jan 1, 2013
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>You must have voted "No" since one can see you didn't properly read the paper! I think that is why it was not a 100%'yes' vote!
<quoted text>"Lie,lies and lies! That is yo...ur lies" something of substance to be qouted from PIA! Why would the US secretary in the 50s say so while it had a friendly relationship with the Emperors administration? and what good was Eritreas union for the US back then?
<quoted text>THe UN conducted a detailed study as to the viability of the statehood of Eritrea before the first referrendum and made it's decision to federate Eritrea with Ethiopia!The people of Eritrea were jubilant of the federation and thus received the King by walking miles to the Mereb river crossing!
<quoted text>Same old! Same old!'lies...lies and lies' Don't plagarise PIA!
<quoted text>Don't watch too much EriTv!The world is even yet to know the existence of Eritrea!
<quoted text>Eitrea is not especially endowed with natural resources as much as Congo!! Red sea is just a body of water if not used for proper causes! and What can any nation did with their body of water? Ship building? Fishery? recretion? and Ports no more? of all those listed may be fishery is working for Eritrea! No big deal haveing an extensive sea shore! Defending it might cost a lot than to profit from it!
<quoted text>I have good news for you bro! Ethiopia will never ever look back to Eritrea unless you beg us to! and be reminded of the fact that our history is a revealation of our greatness!
Co-sign.!!....We love our province Eritrea(ETHIOPIA).!!
Pham Dao

Satellite Provider

#34 Jan 1, 2013
MuwatnEri wrote:
<quoted text>
lmao at your silliness you are the land locked not the baits.lamd
and yet the landlocked country is developing at decent rate. Boom!!
Feb

Arlington, VA

#35 Jan 1, 2013
FASIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Co-sign.!!....We love our province Eritrea(ETHIOPIA).!!
Reality Ck, Ethiopia, THE BIGGEST LAND LOCKED COUNTRY UNDER THE SUN.
Feb

Arlington, VA

#36 Jan 1, 2013
Pham Dao wrote:
<quoted text>
Its funny when ppl twisted remittance with development. Very funny
Feb

Arlington, VA

#37 Jan 1, 2013
MuwatnEri wrote:
<quoted text>
HAPPY NEW YEAR WEDI ERI XAEDA!!
AMET RAHWA,HAGOS SELAMN YGBERELNA.amen
THX bro. Happy New Year. Amet Rahwa Hagos Fikri Selam yegberelna! KAB HASADATIT YEDHNENA. Amen
Dagmawi

Europe

#38 Jan 1, 2013
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> THX bro. Happy New Year. Amet Rahwa Hagos Fikri Selam yegberelna! KAB HASADATIT YEDHNENA. Amen
what is rahwa?
Pham Dao

Satellite Provider

#39 Jan 1, 2013
Feb wrote:
<quoted text> Its funny when ppl twisted remittance with development. Very funny
Not as funny as when people delude themselves.
comanDonkey

Bowie, MD

#40 Jan 1, 2013
Pham Dao wrote:
<quoted text>
More people starving and dependent on NGOs food aid today than any time in Ethiopia history. Boom!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bryce Williams 1 hr Walelign 11
What Music are you listening? 1 hr VeraXena 29
MLK Jr. may have hurt A-A more than he helped them 2 hr Walelign 3
Butt and male libido: twerking Amara learnt fr... 4 hr Trq 10
Why are Ethiopians and somali so racist toward... (Apr '13) 5 hr Walelign 114
Eritrea and Somalia Defense Pact 8 hr Oromia 13
i love ethiopia man (Feb '13) 10 hr VeraXena 163
More from around the web