have you ever seen a 1/2 amhara 1/2 s...

have you ever seen a 1/2 amhara 1/2 somali

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
senhit tadesse

London, UK

#1 Oct 23, 2011
just met one today claims to be more ethiopian then somali just gets to show we're the best
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

#2 Oct 23, 2011
Which Somalia tribe does half of his family comes from?

Darod
Dir
Hawiye
Isaaq
Rahanweyn ???
hodon elmi

London, UK

#3 Oct 23, 2011
Gee 17 wrote:
Which Somalia tribe does half of his family comes from?
Darod
Dir
Hawiye
Isaaq
Rahanweyn ???
hes from somaliland isaaq to be precise
senhit tadesse

London, UK

#4 Oct 23, 2011
correct hodon
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

#5 Oct 23, 2011
hodon elmi wrote:
<quoted text>
So you should have your topic saying" have you ever seen 1/2 Amhara 1/2 isaaq"

Does it make sense to you?
abaan duule

Bedford, UK

#6 Oct 23, 2011
hodon elmi wrote:
<quoted text>
hodon elmi kk u r using this name in somali forum saying u r ashamed of being somali now u saying mix ethiopian somali childish kkkk stupid i dont see anything wrong being mix somali ethiopian but u want to creat hate and people to start insulting name calling wise up little man
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

#7 Oct 23, 2011
abaan duule wrote:
<quoted text> hodon elmi kk u r using this name in somali forum saying u r ashamed of being somali now u saying mix ethiopian somali childish kkkk stupid i dont see anything wrong being mix somali ethiopian but u want to creat hate and people to start insulting name calling wise up little man
Thank you! He is here to instigate hate between people that has no business in real life. This kind of smear tactic is usually used by Eritreans...beware of them!
Alex

Cambridge, Canada

#8 Oct 23, 2011
Gee17, thought you were Agew, not Amara because you're fluent in Agew.
Anyway, hedon answered your question and or it you backstabbed him. Typical.

I met two diqalas, 1/2 Gurage and 1/2 Amara, one in Medrekfroum and one at work. Both hated Gurage. Tedy Afro is one such. The same goes for 1/2 Oromo and 1/2 Amara bastards. They disown their half. Why?
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

#9 Oct 23, 2011
Alex wrote:
Gee17, thought you were Agew, not Amara because you're fluent in Agew.
Anyway, hedon answered your question and or it you backstabbed him. Typical.
I met two diqalas, 1/2 Gurage and 1/2 Amara, one in Medrekfroum and one at work. Both hated Gurage. Tedy Afro is one such. The same goes for 1/2 Oromo and 1/2 Amara bastards. They disown their half. Why?
First of all, I don't really appreciate it when self calimed Ethiopian like you using derogatory word like Diqala to define mix Ethiopians. second, you can call me Agew, and I will let other people to call me whatever they want...that includes Amhara , Kimant. There is no much difference between average Amara and Agew speakers. There are more similarity than difference between Amharas and Gurages...Unlike you, I would like to see strong and united people who don't give a rat ass about tribe /ethnic background.

Don't underestimate the mixed people. I strongly believe those are the only people who can bring peace and stability to the country.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Oct 23, 2011
Gee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you should have your topic saying" have you ever seen 1/2 Amhara 1/2 isaaq"
Does it make sense to you?
hodon/ senit is ethiopian

and i have never seen a somali say hes isaaq or you cant even be half isaaq. we all say we are somalis thats it. not some fake nationality like ethiopian. you cant be half a clan since you are what youre father is in somali culture even if your half chinese half somali aslong as your dad is somali you are 100% the same tribe as him if the mom is somali then hes 0% somali.
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

#11 Oct 23, 2011
Gelato wrote:
<quoted text>
hodon/ senit is ethiopian
and i have never seen a somali say hes isaaq or you cant even be half isaaq. we all say we are somalis thats it. not some fake nationality like ethiopian. you cant be half a clan since you are what youre father is in somali culture even if your half chinese half somali aslong as your dad is somali you are 100% the same tribe as him if the mom is somali then hes 0% somali.
Thank you for the explanation, hodon/senit might be Somali on his/her mother side.

People of Ethiopia have used the name Ethiopian to identify themselves longer than Somalis..so I don't see any logical explanation to call Ethiopia fake. A fake house can't stand one night, but we stand strong for centuries.
Alex

Cambridge, Canada

#13 Oct 23, 2011
Gee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't really appreciate it when self calimed Ethiopian like you using derogatory word like Diqala to define mix Ethiopians. second, you can call me Agew, and I will let other people to call me whatever they want...that includes Amhara , Kimant. There is no much difference between average Amara and Agew speakers. There are more similarity than difference between Amharas and Gurages...Unlike you, I would like to see strong and united people who don't give a rat ass about tribe /ethnic background.
Don't underestimate the mixed people. I strongly believe those are the only people who can bring peace and stability to the country.
Selfideclaring Ethiopian. That's enough to desribe identity. The declaration of identity by the first person is most important. Witnesses are not usually required. If you're doubtful, sue me. But, I am Ethiopian by self-claim.
I agree Amara and Agew dance the same but speak different semitic and cushitic languages but Amara and Gurage speak semitic languages and dance differently. Amara oppresses both Agew and Gurage politically. Don't you agree?
Diqala, you say are mixed people, you actually meant mixed 'bloods' or offsprings of inter-ethnic marriages. And you believe these are the ones who usher in a new political reality of ethnicless Ethiopia where no one will identify themselves as Gurage, Galla, Somali, Tigre(='below my feet people'). For 'One language, One nation' slogan of yours, I think, indvertently, you're setting up these negligible number of people for anger of the overwhelming majority who don't wish to be told to loose their identity and become Amara instead. let's face the truth, Amara did too many horrible crimes against Ethiopians to become it.

Since: Jul 10

Sherbrooke, Canada

#14 Oct 23, 2011
Gee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
People of Ethiopia have used the name Ethiopian to identify themselves longer than Somalis..
historical african map 1890
http://lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/africa_...

1885 african map

I can’t find Ethiopia on a historical african map!!
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

#15 Oct 23, 2011
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
Selfideclaring Ethiopian. That's enough to desribe identity. The declaration of identity by the first person is most important. Witnesses are not usually required. If you're doubtful, sue me. But, I am Ethiopian by self-claim.
I agree Amara and Agew dance the same but speak different semitic and cushitic languages but Amara and Gurage speak semitic languages and dance differently. Amara oppresses both Agew and Gurage politically. Don't you agree?
Diqala, you say are mixed people, you actually meant mixed 'bloods' or offsprings of inter-ethnic marriages. And you believe these are the ones who usher in a new political reality of ethnicless Ethiopia where no one will identify themselves as Gurage, Galla, Somali, Tigre(='below my feet people'). For 'One language, One nation' slogan of yours, I think, indvertently, you're setting up these negligible number of people for anger of the overwhelming majority who don't wish to be told to loose their identity and become Amara instead. let's face the truth, Amara did too many horrible crimes against Ethiopians to become it.
I am not here to defend Amhara but Ethiopians in general. Whether Amahar elite oppressed Ethiopians or not, I will leave that to historians. I really believe that you are well disconnected from the people of Ethiopia...get closer. Stop hating on poor Amharas , that is when you will start to see why Ethiopians should become one. You can't defend Gurage while you wish to spell the blood of others.

Have you ever been in Amhara region? how well do you know the people?
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

#16 Oct 23, 2011
Dire Dhabe wrote:
<quoted text>
historical african map 1890
1885 african map
I can’t find Ethiopia on a historical african map!!
Is there any nation called Somali Republic before 1960? What does Mogadishu means? is that Somali?

Show me a single map that says " Somali republic" or " Somalia"...
Gee 17

Woodbridge, VA

#17 Oct 23, 2011
Show me a single map that says " Somali republic" or " Somalia" before 1960!
Alex

Cambridge, Canada

#18 Oct 23, 2011
Gee 17 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not here to defend Amhara but Ethiopians in general. Whether Amahar elite oppressed Ethiopians or not, I will leave that to historians. I really believe that you are well disconnected from the people of Ethiopia...get closer. Stop hating on poor Amharas , that is when you will start to see why Ethiopians should become one. You can't defend Gurage while you wish to spell the blood of others.
Have you ever been in Amhara region? how well do you know the people?
I am laughing at your flimthy excuses. When I condemn Amara rules, you claim I meant to condemn Amara people only that I use Amara elites as a disguise. When, in fact, the context I used Amara is meant to indicate to Amara rulers, you twist the context to set me aup against the poor masses of Amara. Your overall intention is clear: ethnic war and genocide in the name of defending the Amara masses. I suspect you're ethnicist prof.Almaraiam with a nicknmae of Gee17.

Yes, I had travelled in Amara region, lived with Amara and Agew farmers in Gojjam and Begemdir on my way to Sudan through Pasonda, a border town south of Metema. They were very helpful to me and I appreciate that. Please, don't twist my words and set me aup against these innocent people of from any political crimes Abyssinian rulers committed against the rest of Ethiopia. Than you!
hodon elmi

Stanmore, UK

#19 Oct 24, 2011
my mum is amhara christian while my dad is somali muslim but i follow my mum religion as i wasnt bought up by my dad now thats a reason why i claim to be more ethiopian then somali

Since: Jul 11

Lynnwood, WA

#20 Oct 24, 2011
I'm Habeshi and my Mom's cousin married a Somali man. I have 3 friends who are Adere/Somali or Amhara/Somali. One Love
Hodon Ibrahim

Liverpool, UK

#21 Oct 25, 2011
dejazmach wrote:
I'm Habeshi and my Mom's cousin married a Somali man. I have 3 friends who are Adere/Somali or Amhara/Somali. One Love
Yes one love ;) are you amhara btw

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you think Ethiopian women and Somali men sui... (Nov '13) 5 hr Yukehoyoo 43
Why Ethiopian girls are different than the othe... (Oct '09) 11 hr Sivram34 216
Are ethiopains BANTU??? Look AT THIS (Jun '12) 12 hr Sivram34 148
how do I find out if possible I am part ethiopian? (Oct '12) Jan 13 Gigi 29
News Kenya Sends Troops to Border With Somalia (Jan '07) Jan 12 Fartunlucky 44
Are Ethiopian and Eritrean women forbidden to m... (Aug '14) Jan 10 Anonymous 167
DV migration Jan 10 Walelign 2
More from around the web