Uganda to build 600 MW power plants on the Nile

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sam

Walkersville, MD

#1 Apr 15, 2013
http://www.foxbusiness.com/news/2013/04/15/ug...
It would be interesting to see Egyptís reaction!

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#2 Apr 15, 2013
These time they better get 100's of F22's.. Lol
Bethethio

Europe

#4 Apr 15, 2013
This is the sign of progress for nile countries,that make the region indstralize and developed.

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#5 Apr 15, 2013
Hezbollah wrote:
It is time to wipe Ethiopia & all upper stream primitive countries off the map of Africa.
What would be your reason for these extreme and unrealistic wish?
Zewdu

Ethiopia

#6 Apr 15, 2013
Sam wrote:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/new s/2013/04/15/uganda-confident- china-to-fund-600-mw-karuma-po wer-plant/#ixzz2QXdu1jvt
It would be interesting to see Egyptís reaction!
Uganda is a country of bright future provided that the governement acts in line with a sense of nationalism.They have already discovered huge deposits of oil which can transform the lives of ordinary citizens!

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#7 Apr 15, 2013
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>Uganda is a country of bright future provided that the governement acts in line with a sense of nationalism.They have already discovered huge deposits of oil which can transform the lives of ordinary citizens!
These is a positive move for upper Nile Basin countries.. In the near future will see expect industrial revolution.. It is already happening now!
Sam

Walkersville, MD

#8 Apr 15, 2013
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>Uganda is a country of bright future provided that the governement acts in line with a sense of nationalism.They have already discovered huge deposits of oil which can transform the lives of ordinary citizens!
There are more encouraging economical transformation in some African countries including Ethiopia, read the recent article below.. if you already havenít.. VIVA Ethiopia
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Africa/Africa-...
Zewdu

Ethiopia

#9 Apr 15, 2013
Sam-- wrote:
<quoted text>
These is a positive move for upper Nile Basin countries.. In the near future will see expect industrial revolution.. It is already happening now!
C/s.The region has a huge natural wealth as well as population which can attract investors including Egyptian business people.Egyptians will have to swim with the tide;and the water is enough to sustain the population of the basin countries,if properly managed for a common good!

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#10 Apr 15, 2013
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>C/s.The region has a huge natural wealth as well as population which can attract investors including Egyptian business people.Egyptians will have to swim with the tide;and the water is enough to sustain the population of the basin countries,if properly managed for a common good!
Absolutely, That is a positive way of looking at projects with-in upper nile basin countries. However, historically Egypt has refused to accept any projects on Nile! And it would be interesting to see their reaction..
Zewdu

Ethiopia

#11 Apr 15, 2013
Sam-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely, That is a positive way of looking at projects with-in upper nile basin countries. However, historically Egypt has refused to accept any projects on Nile! And it would be interesting to see their reaction..
They have always thought that they are the only ones entitled to use Nile due to the colonial agreements.But now they have little option except to accept the negotiated settlements amongst the riperian countries.Scare tactics and supporting armed political opponents won't take far!

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#12 Apr 15, 2013
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>They have always thought that they are the only ones entitled to use Nile due to the colonial agreements.But now they have little option except to accept the negotiated settlements amongst the riperian countries.Scare tactics and supporting armed political opponents won't take far!
That is a very accurate statement. And now, in addition south Sudan being an independent country, would make the co-operation much more stronger!
Bureau

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Apr 15, 2013
Sam wrote:
http://www.foxbusiness.com/new s/2013/04/15/uganda-confident- china-to-fund-600-mw-karuma-po wer-plant/#ixzz2QXdu1jvt
It would be interesting to see Egyptís reaction!
Egypt can go to hell !
Uganda,Ethiopia and other upstream countries including South Sudan should stick together till Egypt has recognized their rights by signing the CFA and perhaps create a Nile Security Command to deal with Egypt and co. if necessary.

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#14 Apr 15, 2013
Bureau wrote:
<quoted text>Egypt can go to hell !
Uganda,Ethiopia and other upstream countries including South Sudan should stick together till Egypt has recognized their rights by signing the CFA and perhaps create a Nile Security Command to deal with Egypt and co. if necessary.
Amen!
Bureau

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Apr 15, 2013
Bethethio wrote:
This is the sign of progress for nile countries,that make the region indstralize and developed.
The other bethethio now goes by the name trasnsethioman.
Bureau

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Apr 15, 2013
Sam-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!
U welcome ezana.

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#17 Apr 15, 2013
Bureau wrote:
<quoted text>U welcome ezana.
Say what?? What's makes you think that??

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#18 Apr 15, 2013
Bureau wrote:
<quoted text>U welcome ezana.
You seem to be a smart man.. Since I am sick'n tired of with that kind of game, please let's move forward with the topic!

“wisdom”

Since: Apr 13

McLean, VA

#19 Apr 15, 2013
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>Uganda is a country of bright future provided that the governement acts in line with a sense of nationalism.They have already discovered huge deposits of oil which can transform the lives of ordinary citizens!
Do you know if they already start drilling for oil?
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#20 Apr 15, 2013
Bureau wrote:
<quoted text>
Egypt can go to hell !
Uganda,Ethiopia and other upstream countries including South Sudan should stick together till Egypt has recognized their rights by signing the CFA and perhaps create a Nile Security Command to deal with Egypt and co. if necessary.
Don't be such cruel asss Ezana. You are passing a death sentence on nearly 100million Muslims 5 million of which are orthodox Christians. There is also International Waters agreement managed by the UN, I guess.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#21 Apr 15, 2013
Zewdu wrote:
<quoted text>They have always thought that they are the only ones entitled to use Nile due to the colonial agreements.But now they have little option except to accept the negotiated settlements amongst the riperian countries.Scare tactics and supporting armed political opponents won't take far!
Absolutely right. Their position is what they inherited from the British. The British had large cotton agriculture and they wanted to make sure to have the max of the Nile, with the science and hydrological knowledge of the century. Since then, hydrological knowledge and dam technologies have advanced. Water can be collected, used for power generation and released, redirected, redistributed. Also, Egypt discovered a huge aquifer beneath its desert sands. It's just a matter of drilling into it just like Libya drinks from aquifer water obtained from aquifer in the south.
If water is for Egypt due to use by Nile source countries, it supplement its water needs by breaking into the aquifer beneath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the there a large Ethiopian community in Sou... (Dec '08) 3 hr Walelign 11
Follow me on Ethiomediaforum.com 3 hr Walelign 1
Ethio somali Ogadenians have more amhara blood ... 7 hr OgadenPrincess 97
ethiopians don't fear. 20 hr Walelign 5
I hate Ethiopians! (Nov '13) Sat Irish-Goon 58
Washington D.C has the highest Ethiopian popula... (Nov '12) Sat Irish-Goon 41
What I luv about ISIS Fri Walelign 25
More from around the web