What's the date of Gurage migration from north

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#1 Jan 1, 2013
Does anyone know of any records in Ethiopian and/or foreign languages about the Gurage migration from north to the south? Traditionally, it's assumed that Gurage had migrated from Akele-Guzai. I read a scant report stating that Gurages migrated south during the 14th century. If it's true, what were the conditions in Akele Guzai in the 14th century? I know the Sahos moved into Akele Guzai during this century. But, was there a war between the native Gurages and the settlers?
http://www.redsea1.websitetoolbox.com/post...
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#2 Jan 1, 2013
The Halenga group are said to have left Akele Guzai around the same time. Estimate is 14th century. But this group travelled in the northwest direction. Now they are indistinguishable from the Bejas near the Sudanes border. They have long adopted the Beja Cushitic language and some its customs. They still dance like kebessas or Tigrays, the chiken dance.
But, they have kept their history passed on orally from generation to generation as former semitic language speaking group from Kebessa. Some even have their ancestors' swords.
Dagmawi

United States

#3 Jan 1, 2013
Stop talking about gurage much.gurage is only 3% of population.now u focused on the key affers of the country.
lol

UK

#4 Jan 1, 2013
Ethiopians sick people, always talk about tribes and ethnicity,who cares, where they came from,why and when all you need to know is they are Ethiopians::
Hodam ye woyane wusha!
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#5 Jan 1, 2013
Dagmawi wrote:
Stop talking about gurage much.gurage is only 3% of population.now u focused on the key affers of the country.
I am not interested in power struggle for my ethnic group.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#6 Jan 1, 2013
And Gurage population is about 8 million.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#7 Jan 1, 2013
lol wrote:
Ethiopians sick people, always talk about tribes and ethnicity,who cares, where they came from,why and when all you need to know is they are Ethiopians::
Hodam ye woyane wusha!
Get out of Ethiopian social forum.
If you are not tribalsit, why have the Kebssas imposed their language and customs on Eritrea. Tigrnya is the compulsory language in education and government. One tribe language imposed on 8 other tribes. That's how tribalist are Tigrnya speaking Eritreans. Murderer bloody thugs.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#8 Jan 1, 2013
If I am able to document Gurage presence in Akele Guzai in the past with verifiable facts and had been pushed out by Sahos, Gurage can legally establish a claim for the right of return with compensation.
Akele Guzai has access to the Red Sea and not far from Axum. Ethiopia will have access to the Red Sea.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#9 Jan 1, 2013
Not one historian visiting this forum?
Abdi

Washington, DC

#11 Jan 1, 2013
Gurages are a bunch of sissy gays. alex may have a tight a ss

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#12 Jan 1, 2013
Gurage Amara Harari Argoba were part of a single group we now call proto-Amara which become separate ethnic group due to Islam then Oromo migration. Gurage is too backward to b from the eritrean highlands.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#13 Jan 1, 2013
Abdi wrote:
Gurages are a bunch of sissy gays. alex may have a tight a ss
Gay Abdi, don't fckn stalk me. I am a straight guy. I will beat hell out of you. Don't follow me.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#14 Jan 1, 2013
Hagos Goitom wrote:
Gurage Amara Harari Argoba were part of a single group we now call proto-Amara which become separate ethnic group due to Islam then Oromo migration. Gurage is too backward to b from the eritrean highlands.
Eri anbetas hate Ethiopians who preach unity of Ethiopia with equality. Under Gurage leadership, it's a given Ethiopian wuld not have been landlocked. And Gurage will support all official and unofficial acts to reverse the TPLF conspiracy with Shabia.

God forbid, Gurage has nothing to do with Amara and Argoba, and Harari.And nothing whatsoever with Agames and kebessas of the present.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#15 Jan 1, 2013
Gurage language is almost the same as Amara language. The difference is in accent. Most of the vocabulary is the same too. Like I said Gurage is too backward in many respects to be from Akale or any place in Eritrea.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#16 Jan 1, 2013
Hagos Goitom wrote:
Gurage language is almost the same as Amara language. The difference is in accent. Most of the vocabulary is the same too. Like I said Gurage is too backward in many respects to be from Akale or any place in Eritrea.
Qimalam agame. You know nothing about Gurage nor do you about Akele Guza. adgi agame.
lol

UK

#17 Jan 2, 2013
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>Get out of Ethiopian social forum.
If you are not tribalsit, why have the Kebssas imposed their language and customs on Eritrea. Tigrnya is the compulsory language in education and government. One tribe language imposed on 8 other tribes. That's how tribalist are Tigrnya speaking Eritreans. Murderer bloody thugs.
harei(arrrr) one language has to be national the most popular.and its impossible to work with nine languages.choosing the most popular to be national language is not a problem,the problem is if their was apartheid ruler like your one.where gallas used as mineland sweepers.
Guragew

Ethiopia

#18 Jan 2, 2013
Alex wrote:
Not one historian visiting this forum?
It is good to think the opposite. The tigrays of Eritrea migrated from Gurage land.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#19 Jan 2, 2013
Guragew wrote:
<quoted text>
It is good to think the opposite. The tigrays of Eritrea migrated from Gurage land.
Yes, it's a new theory suggested by historical linguists and archeologists but not yet established strongly in the public media. I read it on Ethio Tribune online by an English regular columnist to the tribune.
Alex

Mississauga, Canada

#20 Jan 2, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
harei(arrrr) one language has to be national the most popular.and its impossible to work with nine languages.choosing the most popular to be national language is not a problem,the problem is if their was apartheid ruler like your one.where gallas used as mineland sweepers.
Another preposterous justification for ethnic hegemony. I hear you pretender.
Mitiku

Ethiopia

#21 Jan 28, 2013
Hi Alex!,I appreciate you please try to comply the finding about GURAGE.I need to know a lot things about Gurage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eritreans: Ready to sell their organs@ 7 hr Horn 10
Ethiopia burns Ebola patients alive to prvent t... 17 hr fxyz 11
********(:@)Don't miss this super hOOOOOOOT et... (Jul '09) 20 hr ssv 7
China grants scholarships to 52 Ethiopian students (Aug '07) 21 hr Gebrehiwot Kuhil 1,412
Adopt Black Nationalism vs White Supremacy Stra... (May '14) Tue Muhammed 6
The de-Ethiopianization of Ethiopia Tue iris 1
6,200 Eritreans Cross into Ethiopia in 37 days:... Tue comanDo 4

Ethiopia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE