Ethiopians in the diaspora

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ethiopia

Brentwood, NY

#1 Sep 3, 2012
I'm utterly shocked to see what many horn african people say to ethiopians especially from countries neighboring like Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan, and djibouti and even within the tribes of ethiopia. This ethnic conversation really makes me sad to see and I wonder why we are focused on such bs, did you know that this ethnic battle is really weighing ethiopia low in the human development index. Countries like india and china are not pouring all their energy in dividing and rediculing one another over what part of the country they are from rather they are focused together on new inventions, medical advancements, technological breakthroughs, creating new innovation while we are stuck in the ethnic/tribal african dispute. It really disgusts me...I'am an ethiopian first and amhara second too bad no other tribe has this mentality and thats why ethiopia is so slow..
Tigist

Silver Spring, MD

#2 Sep 3, 2012
Ethiopia wrote:
I'm utterly shocked to see what many horn african people say to ethiopians especially from countries neighboring like Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan, and djibouti and even within the tribes of ethiopia. This ethnic conversation really makes me sad to see and I wonder why we are focused on such bs, did you know that this ethnic battle is really weighing ethiopia low in the human development index. Countries like india and china are not pouring all their energy in dividing and rediculing one another over what part of the country they are from rather they are focused together on new inventions, medical advancements, technological breakthroughs, creating new innovation while we are stuck in the ethnic/tribal african dispute. It really disgusts me...I'am an ethiopian first and amhara second too bad no other tribe has this mentality and thats why ethiopia is so slow..
You are right, in this forum there are manly two bad guys by the nick name "Harari" from Netherlands who advocates fundamental Islam and ethnic politics; and another by the nickname "Alex" from Canada who is like a mad dog trying to bite everyone. There are some in Virginia, Dallas, Belgium, UK and Australia, not exceeding 10 people. All these people are most likely uneducated/experienced and don't know what they are writing but the rest are descent.

I subscribe to your ideas a 100%. You are by far one of the best
Kontu

South Melbourne, Australia

#3 Sep 3, 2012
You know some are just trolling - they don't mean what they are saying, but what you said is fair. I have never made a racial remark to a fellow Ethiopian, but some Eritreans really wind me up and I reply to them accordingly.
Rejoice Ethiopia

Europe

#4 Sep 4, 2012
Ethiopia wrote:
I'm utterly shocked to see what many horn african people say to ethiopians especially from countries neighboring like Eritrea, Somalia, Sudan, and djibouti and even within the tribes of ethiopia. This ethnic conversation really makes me sad to see and I wonder why we are focused on such bs, did you know that this ethnic battle is really weighing ethiopia low in the human development index. Countries like india and china..
I beg to differ with you on India. Indians are the most divided and messed up people on earth. They fight and kill each other on the basis of racial and religious differences. You can take the recent violence in Azam state in India where many people lost their lives and many were displaced because of racial and religious clashes. You can also go to India forum and check out how bitterly they behave towards one another.

Regarding our country Ethiopia, you have to differentiate between what is substantial claim versus mere hateful remarks. If someone comes along and posts condescending remarks like "agame, gala" etc, yes, that could be taken as racist. But labeling someone who makes legitimate accusations as racist is wrong. For instance, many posters including myself voice our opinion about the repressive and unfair leadership of Woyanne. We also criticize the blind support given by Tigrayans to this genocidal regime. I personally have no hatred towards Tigrayans. As a matter of fact, many of them are good friends of mine. Nevertheless, I have never met a single Tigrayan with a bit of sound judgment when it come to Woyanne. They will stick by Woyanne even if Woyanne massacres all Ethiopians with the exception of Tigrayans.

So what option do we have? Turn a blind eye to this obvious fact, and act like there is no problem? I don't think so. Let the Tigrayans change themselves first and show respect for the rest of Ethiopians.

The arrogance of Tigrayans extends to social media like Topix here as well. Whenever Woyanne is criticized, their answer is, "you can bark like a dog; you can't make a difference." They have already made up their minds that they have the gun, so they can rule Ethiopia whichever way they want, and the voice of the rest of Ethiopians doesn't count. What could be more disgusting and racist than that?
Equal Right

Woerden, Netherlands

#5 Sep 4, 2012
Rejoice Ethiopia wrote:
<quoted text> I beg to differ with you on India. Indians are the most divided and messed up people on earth. They fight and kill each other on the basis of racial and religious differences. You can take the recent violence in Azam state in India where many people lost their lives and many were displaced because of racial and religious clashes. You can also go to India forum and check out how bitterly they behave towards one another.
Regarding our country Ethiopia, you have to differentiate between what is substantial claim versus mere hateful remarks. If someone comes along and posts condescending remarks like "agame, gala" etc, yes, that could be taken as racist. But labeling someone who makes legitimate accusations as racist is wrong. For instance, many posters including myself voice our opinion about the repressive and unfair leadership of Woyanne. We also criticize the blind support given by Tigrayans to this genocidal regime. I personally have no hatred towards Tigrayans. As a matter of fact, many of them are good friends of mine. Nevertheless, I have never met a single Tigrayan with a bit of sound judgment when it come to Woyanne. They will stick by Woyanne even if Woyanne massacres all Ethiopians with the exception of Tigrayans.
So what option do we have? Turn a blind eye to this obvious fact, and act like there is no problem? I don't think so. Let the Tigrayans change themselves first and show respect for the rest of Ethiopians.
The arrogance of Tigrayans extends to social media like Topix here as well. Whenever Woyanne is criticized, their answer is, "you can bark like a dog; you can't make a difference." They have already made up their minds that they have the gun, so they can rule Ethiopia whichever way they want, and the voice of the rest of Ethiopians doesn't count. What could be more disgusting and racist than that?
I disagree, it is always the Amharas who have a culture of cursing other ethnics. You hardly meet a Tigrean or Oromo or a Gurage who curse other ethnics as a habitual joke. I always hear some of my friends call others like a Tigrean as Kiletam Tigre, Chigaram Tigre...Bisbis Gala, Ahiya Gala, Chinkilatam Gurage or Bet sersari Gurage etc. These are small examples. Amharas have to stop cursing other ethnics and respect them all as equal Ethiopians.
Rejoice Ethiopia

Europe

#6 Sep 4, 2012
Equal Right wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, it is always the Amharas who have a culture of cursing other ethnics. You hardly meet a Tigrean or Oromo or a Gurage who curse other ethnics as a habitual joke. I always hear some of my friends call others like a Tigrean as Kiletam Tigre, Chigaram Tigre...Bisbis Gala, Ahiya Gala, Chinkilatam Gurage or Bet sersari Gurage etc. These are small examples. Amharas have to stop cursing other ethnics and respect them all as equal Ethiopians.
You may have a point, but you have to look deeper and understand who is fomenting this racial hatred among Ethiopians. It is Tigrayans led Woyanne.

Besides, I couldn't care less about someone who makes condescending insults against me out of habit or ignorance. I care more about who is oppressing and ruling my people by the barrel of the gun.
truth

Europe

#7 Sep 4, 2012
I am always not clear with one thing about innocent ethiopia diasporas-by this century,is it difficult to obtain tangible information about their home country(ethiopia).Why they always informed about their country by third party especially the so called diaspora politians who haven't vision, unfit,unwilling, unready and uncommitted to pay asingle sacrification about their country.But talented and specialized for tidings,scandals and rumours.By this,they didn't and don't bring change other than confusing and misguiding innocent ethiopia diasporas.I become ashamed of them-for instance-why do they oppose construction of grand dam?historical foult- Is this dam belongs to rulling party?Whether EPRDF is present or not the dam is there.Another,currently ethiopian youths respect and love their true son(Meles zenawi) so that they mour to him-from air port up to national palace and through out the country,inturn it's their right.But these monkey diaspora politians speaks that these youngs are those who are organized in small enterprizes by government(they are benefitted from rulling party).But,is that thousand number of youth,who explained deep sad to late prime minister, organised in small enterprize?If they replied yes,EPRDF has made good work on youths, which make thousand youths beneficiary.Do our mothers and fathers cry to meles by cadres threat?Goverment may have power to march peoples but can't make them to sad and cry as it is inner feeling.I am sure that ethiopians will not cry for diaspora politians as they aren't known by ethiopians and as they have no any tangible good work either than cursing .Moreover,their struggle is not present in ground(only in electronics media-not struggle but game).So innocent ethiopian diasporas be rational-you have potential(knowledge and money) to participate in your country development.Open your eyes and ear-seeing is different from observing and hearing is different from listening.Think about your poor country and poor people.Let we,being hand in hand,do something by indicating,criticizing, correcting foults and appreciating,aknowledging and supporting reinforcing,supporting good works.No more uprising,No more turmoil.May God bless Ethiopia and Ethiopians.
Rejoice Ethiopia

Europe

#9 Sep 4, 2012
truth wrote:
I am always not clear with one thing about innocent ethiopia diasporas-by this century,is it difficult to obtain tangible information about their home country(ethiopia).Why they always informed about their country by third party especially the so called diaspora politians who haven't vision, unfit,unwilling, unready and uncommitted to pay asingle sacrification about their country.But talented and specialized for tidings,scandals and rumours.By this,they didn't and don't bring change other than confusing and misguiding innocent ethiopia diasporas.I become ashamed of them-for instance-why do they oppose construction of grand dam?historical foult- Is this dam belongs to rulling party?Whether EPRDF is present or not the dam is there.Another,currently ethiopian youths respect and love their true son(Meles zenawi)
Another misinformation and propaganda copied from Ethiopian Television, huh?

1) First Meles Zenawi was not a true son of Ethiopia. He was not even an average, less likable son of Ethiopia. He was your true son of Tigray. What kind of true son will order his soldiers to massacre people and open fire on innocent demonstrators?

2) The vast majority of people who cried for his death were Tigrayans. Some cried because they were swayed by the relentless propaganda on the media. Some cried because we Ethiopians are good and forgiving people, and we mourn even for those who treat us as their enemies. Remember how North Koreans cried when their president died? Was it because their leader a good person? No. The same with Meles.

3) Yes, all Ethiopians would love to see no more uprising and turmoil. But how do you suggest that to happen? Are you suggesting the people of Ethiopia have to submit to Woyanne's regime forever? The only way to avoid uprising and turmoil is when Woyanne believes in democracy and allow true opposition to exist in Ethiopia. But apparently from its inception, Woyanne and democracy are not synonymous. Woyanne will never relinquish power by the ballot. Uprising and turmoil are inevitable since that is the only way people will have their true freedom.
Kontu

South Melbourne, Australia

#10 Sep 4, 2012
What a knob head.
truth

Europe

#11 Sep 6, 2012
Reply to Rejoice ethiopia-Is Shedding Blood Fate of Poor Youngs?-You declared that uprising and turmoil is inevitable.Are you living in home?We expect you infront of the uprising.Or as the past,inturn poor youngs are supposed to shed blood? I think you may be living abroad or you may be the blind fan club of diaspora politians who determined shedding of blood is obligation of poor ethiopia youths.But their responsibility to raise funds,remote controlling and giving media coverage.Your struggle priniciple is diaspora monkies in fund but poor youngs in giving soul.(in amharic-nekanibachihu,diro kere,mejemeria enante kidemu).
truth

Europe

#12 Sep 6, 2012
Can Political Struggle Managed by Remote Control? For effectiveness of political struggle is the presence of leaders who are living with and in the people,and also who are committed to pay the required sacrification is crucial.Political struggle might be near to football soccer as the coach can guide and manage the match because he is in the stadium(eventhough he isn't participated in the match).But our diaspora politians wish to lead and manage struggle sitting beyond horizon.Being beyond sea,not leading struggle but coaching football match is too difficult.It is futile as it can't give healthy and eatable fruit because it can be dropped down or cut at any time before maturity.Remote controlling is not effective for political struggle.It works for organisations like NASA which control and manage spaceshuttles at thousands km.
dedesa

Europe

#13 Oct 29, 2012
truth wrote:
Can Political Struggle Managed by Remote Control? For effectiveness of political struggle is the presence of leaders who are living with and in the people,and also who are committed to pay the required sacrification is crucial.Political struggle might be near to football soccer as the coach can guide and manage the match because he is in the stadium(eventhough he isn't participated in the match).But our diaspora politians wish to lead and manage struggle sitting beyond horizon.Being beyond sea,not leading struggle but coaching football match is too difficult.It is futile as it can't give healthy and eatable fruit because it can be dropped down or cut at any time before maturity.Remote controlling is not effective for political struggle.It works for organisations like NASA which control and manage spaceshuttles at thousands km.
ENTC excutive committess become so buzy on preparing letter of recognition.Some medirek mens are on giving guest lecture in usa.all entc,gmbot 7,eppf could not succeeded because they are manipulated and blessed by their pop his devilness esayas.
Ezana

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Oct 29, 2012
Why ethiopia and Ethiopians are a failure.
Our ancestors never gave in to anything. And I am talking about just a hundred years ago. The reason Ethiopia fell - Is because Ethiopia was a failure to begin with. There is no such a thing as an Ethiopia. Never was and never will be. Reason. Habesha. Habesha ethiopia is what exist. Habesha is the only tribe in ethiopia and the whole of Africa with the word hager. Wetader. Negus. Mengist. Astadadari. This whole concept of ethiopia with 85 tribe is what kiled ethiopia. Who has a country with 85 tribe unless this tribes came to your country looking for work. We distorted our history running around with people who don't have shiit to do with us. That's what destroyed ethiopia. Look at them they are destroying topix.
dedesa

Europe

#15 Oct 30, 2012
Why diaspora politica drivers and crew can not pass/jump 1 meter hole?rather they go back or fall in it.then they point or blame government.their meeting,call,demonstration...b ecomes normal,usual or hobby.
dedesa

Europe

#16 Oct 30, 2012
Diaspora politians have relatively kapitalised,intellected but upto kan not draw system how they tackle problems.instead they prefer to confine/restrict their movement outside ethiopia which is least worth.what is there kor problem-is there system already designed in simulator?is there agenda allergic to us?are we allergic to there agenda?there back bone need surgery to insert spring board which enables them to jump when they encounter with holes and valleys.
jAz

Europe

#17 Jan 14, 2013
truth wrote:
Fitawirary Sam,Kegne azmach Belay,Dej azimach Gee 17 say something.
jAz

Europe

#18 Jan 14, 2013
jAz wrote:
<quoted text>Fitawirary Sam,Kegne azmach Belay,Dej azimach Gee 17 say something.
Still now no respone from Sam turinafa,Belay wenaf(by his struggle name Belay jela),and from that scavenger gee 17.May they be on fighting with government soldiers at colorado desert? If so,tomorrow ESAT will tell us heralding news.
jAz

Europe

#19 Jan 14, 2013
truth wrote:
post of the year.We want such mans.
jAz

Warder, Ethiopia

#20 Jan 15, 2013
Still no comment for 'truth post(comment) from Fitawrari Sam,Kegne azimach Belay and Dejazimach Gee 17. I think they are busy. They are on leading and coordinating the war.Bravo,Bravo.We are on your side.We long to see the flag of EPPF,Ginbot 7 and ENTC at middle towns of Seatle,London,Amesterdam,Oslow ... I listen this historic song when i write this:Kasa Tesema's Fano,Fano
jAz

Europe

#21 Jan 15, 2013
jAz wrote:
Still no comment for 'truth post(comment) from Fitawrari Sam,Kegne azimach Belay and Dejazimach Gee 17. I think they are busy. They are on leading and coordinating the war.Bravo,Bravo.We are on your side.We long to see the flag of EPPF,Ginbot 7 and ENTC at middle towns of Seatle,London,Amesterdam,Oslow ... I listen this historic song when i write this:Kasa Tesema's Fano,Fano
Belay Jela,plz read truth post under title ethiopian diaspora.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is ISRAEL BLACKMAILING the United States of Ame... (Jan '14) 2 hr Anonymous 33
Ethiopian girls are becoming the new somali gir... 8 hr sadacha macca 2
Isayas, hero if Eritrean Christians 12 hr Anonymous 9
Why do Ethiopians eat Raw Meat (Jan '13) 16 hr Walelign 73
Amara power 16 hr Walelign 6
Ethiopians are NOT Black!!!!! (Feb '12) 21 hr Anonymous 2,660
Is masterbating a sin? When it comes to Christi... (May '10) Sep 22 Boko Palmach 90
More from around the web