What Do Ethiopians and Eritreans Thin...

What Do Ethiopians and Eritreans Think of Teddy Afro

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fiori-Ethiopia

Aurora, CO

#1 Jun 13, 2012
What is your opinion on Teddy Afro?
Fiori-Ethiopia

Aurora, CO

#2 Jun 13, 2012
Teddy Afro is racist to Tigrayans. So I don't like him.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#3 Jun 13, 2012
Teddy afro is bantu stopeed. he sing in amara langoge but he a gala. it fanny caz minilik kills his moma..cut his sis breest....bat he a gala...what he know???? he sing for minilik hahahahahahahahahaha can u beleevs this? why gala stopeed? it like bosnia sing to slodan milovik....it not make sense?... he shoud put in jale.. may be barn his howse. that how he larn. stopeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!! i am angreee
Lisa

Amsterdam, Netherlands

#4 Jun 14, 2012
Fiori-Ethiopia wrote:
If he hate Tigreans why do yo think he married one from Tigrai? Some even accuse him of being a Woyane. He is a very talented singer. Unfortunatly everything in Ethiopia is politicized in terms of ethnic politics and some want to box him in one of them. This is sad. He simply is non political musician who admire Haile Selassie like millions of people all over the world and he has every right to do so. He is not a member of any political party and people should judge him ONLY as a musician instead of trying to box him in a corner. I wish we have hundreds talented ETHIOPIANS like him.
Alexander zg

Europe

#5 Jun 14, 2012
The Last True Tigraway wrote:
Teddy afro is bantu stopeed. he sing in amara langoge but he a gala. it fanny caz minilik kills his moma..cut his sis breest....bat he a gala...what he know???? he sing for minilik hahahahahahahahahaha can u beleevs this? why gala stopeed? it like bosnia sing to slodan milovik....it not make sense?... he shoud put in jale.. may be barn his howse. that how he larn. stopeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!! i am angreee
Dededeb.GO to school before writing.
Fiori-Ethiopia

Aurora, CO

#6 Jun 14, 2012
Maybe I would've liked him if he hadn't been so racist. And that "Tigrai" girl is 11 years younger than him. She's 25. he's almost 40. I think that is pretty disgusting. His songs are also racist and degrading. My dad bought "Tikur Sew" when he was in Addis Ababa, and it sounded like crap. I'm not gonna say racist stuff either, like, "Oh, he's a nasty Amhara," because that just makes me worse than him when it comes to being racist. But let me just say I don't like the songs and the guy.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#7 Jun 14, 2012
''If you are not with me, you are thiers.'' the democratic activists or politicians of east Africans(eri. and eth.). Please respect others freedome of thinking, beliving and supporting what thier want. Don't be extremists and subject others for your only ways of thinking. We are not a product of an industry labeled for a trademark.
ethiopian

Europe

#8 Jun 14, 2012
ohhhh my God Yaaaa !!! Teddy Afro (Emperor Tewodros The 2 of Ethiopia)yaaaa !!! AND LENATU.I love him sooooooo much more than my life.Just He is Talented and Exceptional Like Yaaaaa !!! Greate Emperor Called Meysew Kassa.god bless all.
Hailu

Ethiopia

#9 Jun 14, 2012
I am moved by Girma Tefera's songs than that of Teddy's.VIVA GIRMA TEFERA.I think Teddy as a singer is over blown by the Media than his creativity!

Since: Apr 12

Anonymous Proxy

#10 Jun 14, 2012
who cares wat eritrans think abt teddi nd he is the best ethiopian singer at this time no 1 can deny it
Pro Teddy

Ethiopia

#12 Jun 27, 2012
Teddy make a shift against the dirty division of not preaching on individuals identity after 20 years, he further embraces the far past, present and future.
Bety

Ethiopia

#13 Jul 4, 2012
Learn English first before you post and show your stupidity here in the public forum. DEDEB
Elsa-KiFLe

Brussels, Belgium

#14 Jul 4, 2012
TedyAdgi is Ho-Mo i've a Prooooof!!!
aiddependency

Silver Spring, MD

#15 Jul 4, 2012
Well, he sings the praises of the butcher of Ethiopia, haile selassie. Weyane should have locked him up for good and throw away the key. But they are dependent on foreign aid, so they had to listen to the human rights organizations who gave the order to free the troublemaker so the aid could continue to flow.
QoRmaD

Belgium

#16 Jul 4, 2012
aiddependency wrote:
Well, he sings the praises of the butcher of Ethiopia, haile selassie. Weyane should have locked him up for good and throw away the key. But they are dependent on foreign aid, so they had to listen to the human rights organizations who gave the order to free the troublemaker so the aid could continue to flow.
Yeap!MoJaLemani.
Liya

Ethiopia

#17 Jul 5, 2012
He is the best singer ever .FYI he is guragwa.
Anonymous

Ethiopia

#18 Jul 5, 2012
Fiori-Ethiopia wrote:
is it why he married 1 of yours?
Afro-African

Ethiopia

#19 Jul 5, 2012
Liya wrote:
He is the best singer ever .FYI he is guragwa.
Really? I have never known that Teddy Afro is a Gurage.:) Despite I am a Gurage too, I don't think his ethnicity would make any difference.

I am not a fan of his, but no doubt he is one of the best Ethiopian singers of all time. But he will still remain just another local artist as long as he can't cross boundaries with his music and put our country in the world spotlight like our athletes do.

I also think he is highly overrated. People will buy his albums even if he sings the alphabet or some crap. Well, I guess that emanate from the fact that we usually follow others' lead instead of using our judgement.

As far as I can recall, he is not active in philanthropic activities like Chachi Tadesse and a handful of other artists. Singing about the suffering his people while doing nothing to alleviate that suffering is a sheer hypocrisy just to make money. 
henok

Ethiopia

#20 Jul 6, 2012
Be reasonable for your arguement. He has nothing relation with oromo. His father is gurage and amara on his mother side. I know his ankle, Ato Hailu Germamo, have been living a place called 'teferi kela',near dilla town.
BonGa

Brussels, Belgium

#21 Jul 6, 2012
Pro Teddy wrote:
Teddy make a shift against the dirty division of not preaching on individuals identity after 20 years, he further embraces the far past, present and future.
he is just one Bastard Amhara wone be Slave Loyal to His Semen Showan Amhara Mastres. he is Just Shame to all Hard worckin Guragis.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethiopians are NOT Black!!!!! (Feb '12) 9 hr trollslayer 2,458
A traditional culture that needs urgent overhau... Jul 1 eyeru47 1
Ladies Do you prefer Black or White or habesha ... (Mar '13) Jun 29 Russell 40
Ethiopian Jokes Reloaded.lol (Jun '10) Jun 29 rodolfo graziani 66
Why do Siltes hate other gurages so much? (Feb '14) Jun 28 Ismail 10
Ethio Muslims in Ethiopia the "Christian Island' Jun 28 Walelign 1
how to clean black us dollar,euro,or pound (Mar '12) Jun 27 Vincent 12
More from around the web