Since: Apr 11

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Why we call ourselves In such a low level degrading name we came from kings and queens High society. The name habesh was givin to us by arab slave traders who took many of our brothers and sisters to be servants and maides for the arab sultans they even took us as far us india. They loved the abashi women they raped and converted them into islam poloitical religion. ABISINIA IS AN ENGLISH FOR HABESHIA SO do not be fooled You are Tobians Ithiopi Kusi sono of Itiopia the King of the old golden dayz. No more Habesha it means my slave my agelgay ,Serrategna,Ashiker. So stop it now.
Proud Ethiopian-Americ an

Owings Mills, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

kemhet,I agree with you.it is really disgusting
name.so what should we call our selves?
The Proffesor

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Judged:

Habesha (Habeshim in Hebrew): mixed in Arabic referred to the Habeshas of Ethiopia because of their "mixed" look even though they weren't mixed.

Baria: The Semitic Ethiopic term for slave usually referred to Africans of non-Cushitic or Hamitic descent. A Niolote or Bantu.

Adoon: The Somalu Cushitic word for slave, usually referred to non-Habesha and non-Cushitic and non-Hamitic or Semitic peoples of Africa.

There's your definition hoped you enjoy!:)

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

There are no Bantu's in Ethiopia.
I am going to start to act like the fat bleach faced donkey who calls herself professor so she can see sees what ignorance sounds like..

Hey fat no life pig.
Professor is spelled this way... NOT ( Proffesor.

See what ignorance sounds like...

Non citizen a term used to refer to a Somali like The Proffesor in Ethiopia and Kenya hahahahha

Refugee a Indo European word used to refer to Somali like The Proffesor

Ungovernable an indo European word used to refer to a Somali like The Proffesor

Inferiority complex an Indo European word which is often used to describe Somali's like The Proffesor

Number ONE failed state in Africa an Indo European term used to describe the biggest state The Proffesors people created.

See what ignorance sounds like...

Like I said be careful how you present what happens in your culture to a larger audience. Lest you offend people who may be part of those groups who are more powerful now and can take you out!!!

They dynamics of the region have changed and Bantu's and Niolites today are were you were 1000 years ago.

If they are wicked they could do the same to you!!

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

The Professor wrote:
KOTDF in all reality why do you care what I say or do? Is it a danger to you?
50 years from now i promise you there will be no country or people call somallians why? The serpent people will rise again rule the fallen angles and bring them to the god level call amenta.pert em heru em tu kheret sa maat xa tu sheset har rakha sa tu ankahet em da tuat.

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2011

Lost souls wil be traped in the lower vibratory relam as a result they will be consumed by the Karma deity Called Aumoot the god of incarnation who send souls to learn and master animal kingdom.
Hate,Jeolousy,Fear,Anger.Greed ,Etc
Trepenie

Fredericton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

@ The Professor
Ethiopians are not 'Serpent People'. I am disgusted that you would associate the people of Ethiopia with the devil's filthy creature.

@ Kemhet
Firstly, do you speak Arabic?
Secondly, I assume you are not Christian? The only 'Lost souls' are the ones who bow down to false beings, there is only one God. I pray for all that tread such blind paths. I am just giving my opinion, I don't intend to convert anyone or judge any one based on their religion....it's your choice but to put it out there I don't believe it is right, nor can I respect such sin.

As far as the main topic, even if Habesha does mean slave, Ethiopians are nothing but that. They descend from greatness, and that, I look up to. I have such admiration for this strong nation.

-Peace & Love to Ethiopia, God Bless.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2011

kemhet wrote:
Why we call ourselves In such a low level degrading name we came from kings and queens High society. The name habesh was givin to us by arab slave traders who took many of our brothers and sisters to be servants and maides for the arab sultans they even took us as far us india. They loved the abashi women they raped and converted them into islam poloitical religion. ABISINIA IS AN ENGLISH FOR HABESHIA SO do not be fooled You are Tobians Ithiopi Kusi sono of Itiopia the King of the old golden dayz. No more Habesha it means my slave my agelgay ,Serrategna,Ashiker. So stop it now.
since when Habesha mean slave ? the arabic world for slave is abid
and by the way Arab also take slave for Kenya,Mozambique ,etc .why didn't they call them Habesha also ?

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Habeha= Slave Ethiopia= The Land Of Upper Peace And Rightousness. We are ethiopians no habesha koshasha dekala keep barkig like a mad dog WE ARE ETHIOPIANS FOR EVER. LET SEE HOW YOU GONNA STOP THAT. SEREPENT IS THE LIFE FORCE SYMBOLOGY YOU DAM AZZ!
The Professor

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Habesha: Mixed race are you on crack? Probably are since you don't understand it. Its Semitic, Habeshas like the Tigray and Amhara, Gurage, and Harari speak Semitic languages and it means "mixed" you wouldn't since you're not Habesha or Ethiopian at all!
Eritrean4Democra cy

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

HABESHA people are proud to be called habesha to each other....its a unique name (habesha) given to christians in ethiopia.

If the word habesha was offensive as you guys say(slave) the word would have been droped long ago.

I have asked an arab, in the past, why habesh? and who are habesh? all they say is habesh are ethiopians and christians/infidels/unbeliever s

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

NO it doesn't mean Slave... i'm an arab
arabs called Ethiopia "Habasha" which is because a tribe called "Habashet" immigrated from saudi arabia and lived there in Ethiopia so the name is taken from the tribe name...
has nothing to do with slaves

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

The Professor wrote:
Habesha: Mixed race are you on crack? Probably are since you don't understand it. Its Semitic, Habeshas like the Tigray and Amhara, Gurage, and Harari speak Semitic languages and it means "mixed" you wouldn't since you're not Habesha or Ethiopian at all!
IT IS SAD THAT SOME PEOPLE STILL DEBATE ON SKIN and earthly issue, COLOR, WHILE OTHERS be saying how to get the fauk out of hear.
somaliland

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

look the oromo,somali,harari,afar and Tigray are light skin ppl....but the amhara look more african like banu...they have big nose and hair like ghana

all horns look amost the same but amaharas look like they are he real "Habasha"
Enlightened Habesha

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Habesha is a word used to refer to both Eritreans and Ethiopians, or, more specifically, to the Semitic-speaking inhabitants of those countries. The first inscription to refer to "Habesha" is a Sabaean South Arabian inscription ca. 200 AD referring to king GDRT of Aksum (an ancient Kingdom located in modern Ethiopia and Eritrea) as king of the city of Aksum and the "clans of Habesha." As Sabaic and Ge'ez (the ancient language and alphabet of Ethiopia, still used) it was unvocalized, it is written as "h.bs't" (put the dot under the h and the apostrophe on top of the s) and later as vocalized as h.abs'aat (put the dot under the h, apostrophe over the s, and make the two a's a long "a" - meaning an a with a line over it), which evolved into today's Habesha. The term was translated by the famous Christian King Ezana of Aksum in the mid 4th century as "Ethiopia" in Greek, which previously referred to Africa south of Egypt in general, or Nubia (in modern-day Sudan) in particular. The term is not, as commonly assumed, of Arabic origin, but of local Semitic origin. Spurious Arabic etymologies tend to connect the term with the meaning "mixed," on the false assumption that the peoples of the Horn of Africa are the product of African-Arab mixes.

The term was also used by the Turks as "Habesh" or "Habeshistan" to refer to their small territory taken from Ethiopia in 1557, comprising of the port cities of Massawa and Hergigo (Habeshistan also included Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, the cap...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Judged:

Fail....\

Habesha or Habeshi in old quranic Arabic translates to "mixed people"...
lemlem

Concord, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Judged:

petapatel wrote:
Fail....\
Yea I agree with you cose people they choose the deffinition which suit them but the real sorce of Habesha is old Arebic which means dark skind and mix people of semetics.
bellasita

Oslo, Norway

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

when will east africans goin to grow up!! if u come to some european countries, all africans look alike. they think a nigerian looks like an ethiopian or somali..lol. so save it for urselfs u r nothin but same old monkeys..(african but love alll my african felas)

Since: Jan 09

Ta netjer - D.L.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

petapatel wrote:
Fail....\
LOL

The word habesha was recorded way before of Mohammed birth and therefore way before the Quran was written down.

And it does not mean mixed people. The arabs of Saidi Arabi and Yemen, using that meaning "mixed people", since they know habesha came from south west Tihama, and that they have migrated in Eritrea, north Ethiopia, and mixed with the native cushitic people.

Don't use Quran as source to identify habesha.
dawit abay

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2013

Judged:

i love eritrean culture eritrean food and ethiopian culture and food.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

60 Users are viewing the Ethiopia Forum right now

Search the Ethiopia Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
White Prestige Gone;No. 1 Civilization is Afric... (Jun '13) 29 min Walelign 44
13 Years After 9/11 USA is Getting Nervous & Ac... 1 hr Hezbollah 11
"Ebola" Epidemic in West Africa More than What ... 1 hr Christian 1
Growing Gap Between Ethiopian Airlines and Keny... 2 hr Christian 28
Ethiopians are NOT Black!!!!! (Feb '12) 4 hr trq 2,011
The Super Race that created the Greatest Civili... (Nov '12) 5 hr Observer 46
Jews Revenging on Ethiopians for 430 Years Slav... (Aug '13) 6 hr Louis 21
•••
•••