Emperor AmdeTsion: the greatest Ethiopian King that ever lived

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Donald R Levinsky

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 9, 2010
 
He was the king of somalia, present Ethiopia and present Eritrea.

Among his greatest accomplishments was the building of Debre Libanos:

http://www.ethiopianorthodoxchurch.info/Debre...

http://www.tewahedo.nl/images/Debre%20libanos...

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8...

http://www.ethiomedia.com/case/debre_libanos_...
ONLF

Latrobe, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 9, 2010
 
How did Emperor AmdeTsion control any part of Somalia?

Debre Libanos suffered great destruction during the invasion of Ahmad Gurey when one of his followers, Ura'i Abu Bakr, set it afire 21 July 1531
Molla Gonder

El Sobrante, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 9, 2010
 
I am tired of these shabian and islamist fabrication.
Donald R Levinsky

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 9, 2010
 
AmdeTsion sent a messanger to Egypt via what is now Djibouti and that messenger was killed on his way back in Yifat. Amda Tsion together with 6 other horsemen went to Yifat to find the criminals but the murderers fled to what is now Somali land. The 7 horsemen then followed these murderers meanwhile pacifying the area they passed through as such. The murderers were then killed in Mogadisho by one of the 7 horsemen. Through such effort many of the Somali clans became tax payers to his imperial Highness, AmdeTsion, the leader of the 7 horsemen.
ONLF wrote:
How did Emperor AmdeTsion control any part of Somalia?
Debre Libanos suffered great destruction during the invasion of Ahmad Gurey when one of his followers, Ura'i Abu Bakr, set it afire 21 July 1531
The interesting thing is AHMED GRAGN has never built any mosque or anything that benefited his people. His only credit is destruction and mayhem. Debre Libanos was rebuilt after the destruction but the new Debre Libanos is EXACTLY where the old Debre was.

By the way, Ahmed Gragn is not somali but a harrere. He was an adalite and by all historical accounts the ancient adalites are the harreres of today. THe harrares were really big in number and in influence until they were invaded by the Qottu Oromos, thanks to ---- you guessed it --- AHMED GRAGN. If he did not involve them in a bloody war in the hire of the Ottomans, Harrere's would have expanded and become great nation. Now they are at the mercy of the Oromo and the Somali.
XLLag

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 9, 2010
 
He was a village king. He never controlled Medri Bahri, we would cut his head off like we did Yohannes :)
ONLF

Latrobe, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 9, 2010
 
Molla Gonder wrote:
I am tired of these shabian and islamist fabrication.
Are you going to deny History now? You know its because of Ahmed Gurey why you eat raw meat
Donald R Levinsky

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 9, 2010
 
XLLag wrote:
He was a village king. He never controlled Medri Bahri, we would cut his head off like we did Yohannes :)
XLLag: you really do NOT sound like an Eritrean. You sound to me like a Somali. I know Eritreans suffer from 4th grade Italian education syndrom but they are atleast a little reasonable. You sound like a somali in a Khat-Induced-Delirium.
ONLF

Latrobe, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 9, 2010
 
Donald R Levinsky wrote:
AmdeTsion sent a messanger to Egypt via what is now Djibouti and that messenger was killed on his way back in Yifat. Amda Tsion together with 6 other horsemen went to Yifat to find the criminals but the murderers fled to what is now Somali land. The 7 horsemen then followed these murderers meanwhile pacifying the area they passed through as such. The murderers were then killed in Mogadisho by one of the 7 horsemen. Through such effort many of the Somali clans became tax payers to his imperial Highness, AmdeTsion, the leader of the 7 horsemen.
<quoted text>
The interesting thing is AHMED GRAGN has never built any mosque or anything that benefited his people. His only credit is destruction and mayhem. Debre Libanos was rebuilt after the destruction but the new Debre Libanos is EXACTLY where the old Debre was.
By the way, Ahmed Gragn is not somali but a harrere. He was an adalite and by all historical accounts the ancient adalites are the harreres of today. THe harrares were really big in number and in influence until they were invaded by the Qottu Oromos, thanks to ---- you guessed it --- AHMED GRAGN. If he did not involve them in a bloody war in the hire of the Ottomans, Harrere's would have expanded and become great nation. Now they are at the mercy of the Oromo and the Somali.
What a lie, Gurey was able to destroy and deface that Church yet somehow this so called Emperor just went straight to Mogadishu and killed some Somalis and they paid tax to him while Gurey was running around LOOOOOL

Gurey was able to destroy the whole Ethiopian empire if it was NOT for Portuguese help. Ethiopians always need help

Please Gurey is OG. There are people alive today in the Ogaden and other regions who can trace their lineage straight to him. Also how can a non-Somali unite Somali clans. Laughable.
killkillkillagam e

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 9, 2010
 
XLLag wrote:
He was a village king. He never controlled Medri Bahri, we would cut his head off like we did Yohannes :)
lol
SomaLI

Bykowce, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 9, 2010
 
Donald R Levinsky wrote:
<quoted text>
XLLag: you really do NOT sound like an Eritrean. You sound to me like a Somali. I know Eritreans suffer from 4th grade Italian education syndrom but they are atleast a little reasonable. You sound like a somali in a Khat-Induced-Delirium.
Actually, he's AA he used another username like "Somali"
Donald R Levinsky

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 9, 2010
 
ONLF wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lie, Gurey was able to destroy and deface that Church yet somehow this so called Emperor just went straight to Mogadishu and killed some Somalis and they paid tax to him while Gurey was running around LOOOOOL
Gragn and AmdeTsion lived in separate centuries. Learn history before you open your mouth.
Gurey was able to destroy the whole Ethiopian empire if it was NOT for Portuguese help. Ethiopians always need help
Please Gurey is OG. There are people alive today in the Ogaden and other regions who can trace their lineage straight to him. Also how can a non-Somali unite Somali clans. Laughable.
Gragn is HARRARE. No doubt about it. The reason some Somali's joined him is the same reason some Somali's are killing eachother. It is for religious reasons. It is very easy to manipulate the Somali people using Islam.
Gragn was a Harrare who was in the hire of the Ottoman turks. The Ottoman Turks were the super powers of the centuries in which Gragn lived. They gave him guns and even cannons, which Atse Libna Dingel had none. There were Turkish soldiers in his camp who were fighting for him.
But HE WAS DEFEATED. In the 10 years he had power, he built ZERO, NONE, NOTHING, NOT EVEN ONE mosque. In the 10 years he was destroying, pillaging, putting to fire, killing, mayheming, he failed to do ONE GOOD THING for his people or for Islam. When he died, he killed the Harrare nation. His death brought the end of the ADAL kingdom. The Harrarers/Adares/Adals retreated into Harrer city, they began life under permanent siege by the Somali and the QOttu Oromo. The Harrers today are very tiny minority that are Xenophibic because the only reason that they are not extinct because of the wall they built against the surrounding SOmali and Qottu Oromo.
XLLag

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 9, 2010
 
Donald R Levinsky wrote:
<quoted text>
XLLag: you really do NOT sound like an Eritrean. You sound to me like a Somali. I know Eritreans suffer from 4th grade Italian education syndrom but they are atleast a little reasonable. You sound like a somali in a Khat-Induced-Delirium.
Italy left Eritrea in 1941. I have a college education, what about you agame? Or all are agames like you stupid?
Ginbot7

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 9, 2010
 
ONLF wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lie, Gurey was able to destroy and deface that Church yet somehow this so called Emperor just went straight to Mogadishu and killed some Somalis and they paid tax to him while Gurey was running around LOOOOOL
Gurey was able to destroy the whole Ethiopian empire if it was NOT for Portuguese help. Ethiopians always need help
Please Gurey is OG. There are people alive today in the Ogaden and other regions who can trace their lineage straight to him. Also how can a non-Somali unite Somali clans. Laughable.
Do a little check where Gerange got much of his help from! Turkey, Yemin, etc.. in the name of Jihad they joined him! Read the conquest al Habesh! While it is biased in writing, it illustrates so how he received much help from Arabs. So do not gloat because the Ethiopians got help from the Portuguese! With all that destruction trying destroy the Orthodox he failed big time! The Orthodox church spread. So do not be ignorant!
Donald R Levinsky

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 9, 2010
 
XLLag wrote:
<quoted text>
Italy left Eritrea in 1941. I have a college education, what about you agame? Or all are agames like you stupid?
I really need to know which college gives a degree to an illiterate like you.
ONLF

Latrobe, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 9, 2010
 
Donald R Levinsky wrote:
<quoted text>
Gragn and AmdeTsion lived in separate centuries. Learn history before you open your mouth.
<quoted text>
Gragn is HARRARE. No doubt about it. The reason some Somali's joined him is the same reason some Somali's are killing eachother. It is for religious reasons. It is very easy to manipulate the Somali people using Islam.
Gragn was a Harrare who was in the hire of the Ottoman turks. The Ottoman Turks were the super powers of the centuries in which Gragn lived. They gave him guns and even cannons, which Atse Libna Dingel had none. There were Turkish soldiers in his camp who were fighting for him.
But HE WAS DEFEATED. In the 10 years he had power, he built ZERO, NONE, NOTHING, NOT EVEN ONE mosque. In the 10 years he was destroying, pillaging, putting to fire, killing, mayheming, he failed to do ONE GOOD THING for his people or for Islam. When he died, he killed the Harrare nation. His death brought the end of the ADAL kingdom. The Harrarers/Adares/Adals retreated into Harrer city, they began life under permanent siege by the Somali and the QOttu Oromo. The Harrers today are very tiny minority that are Xenophibic because the only reason that they are not extinct because of the wall they built against the surrounding SOmali and Qottu Oromo.
Please, there was zero Turkish fighting along side Gurey. Gurey army was made up of Somalis and some Afars,

Gurey was Somali and many historical books point to this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_ibn_Ibrihi...

Ethiopians were the one who begged for Portuguese help. The same Ethiopians generations later begging Communist for help.

The matter fact is Gurey is Somali and forced Ethiopians to eat raw meat. Stories are even told today about what Gurey and his army did like it was yesterday
SomaLI

Bykowce, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

ONLF wrote:
<quoted text>
What a lie, Gurey was able to destroy and deface that Church yet somehow this so called Emperor just went straight to Mogadishu and killed some Somalis and they paid tax to him while Gurey was running around LOOOOOL
Gurey was able to destroy the whole Ethiopian empire if it was NOT for Portuguese help. Ethiopians always need help
Please Gurey is OG. There are people alive today in the Ogaden and other regions who can trace their lineage straight to him. Also how can a non-Somali unite Somali clans. Laughable.
Gurey was Yemeni/Afar and lived in Zaila

References:

1. Futuh Al-Habesha, Shihab Al-din (Arab Fakih) or (Qarab Fakih)
2. Al-manhal fi tarikh wa akhbar al-AFAR(al-Danakil) "The source on History and Narrative of the Afar (Al-Danakil)' by Sheikh Jamaladin Ashami and his son Dr.Hashim Jamaladin Ashami.
3.The Cambridge History of Africa vol.3
4.General History of Africa 4, Africa from the Sixteenth to the Eighteenth Century editor B.A. Ogot, Heinemann California. UNESCO
5.Imam Ahmad Ibrahim married Dele-Wan-Bara (means the close daughter in Afar language) she is a daughter of prince Mahfuz, the prince of Zaila,she was accompanying imam Ahmad Ibrahim during his expeditions.
ONLF

Latrobe, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 9, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SomaLI wrote:
<quoted text>
Gurey was Yemeni/Afar and lived in Zaila
References:
1. Futuh Al-Habesha, Shihab Al-din (Arab Fakih) or (Qarab Fakih)
2. Al-manhal fi tarikh wa akhbar al-AFAR(al-Danakil) "The source on History and Narrative of the Afar (Al-Danakil)' by Sheikh Jamaladin Ashami and his son Dr.Hashim Jamaladin Ashami.
3.The Cambridge History of Africa vol.3
4.General History of Africa 4, Africa from the Sixteenth to the Eighteenth Century editor B.A. Ogot, Heinemann California. UNESCO
5.Imam Ahmad Ibrahim married Dele-Wan-Bara (means the close
daughter in Afar language) she is a daughter of prince Mahfuz, the prince of Zaila,she was accompanying imam Ahmad Ibrahim during his expeditions.
These references say he was Somali

#^ a b c Saheed A. Adejumobi, The History of Ethiopia,(Greenwood Press: 2006), p.178
#^ R. Michael Feener, Islam in World Cultures: Comparative Perspectives,(ABC-CLIO: 2004), p.219
#^ John L. Esposito, editor, The Oxford History of Islam,(Oxford University Press: 2000), p. 501
#^ a b Franz-Christoph Muth, "Ahmad b. Ibrahim al-Gazi" in Siegbert Herausgegeben von Uhlig, ed., Encyclopaedia Aethiopica: A-C (Wiesbaden:Harrassowitz Verlag, 2003), pp. 155.
#^ Nikshoy C. Chatterji, Muddle of the Middle East,(Abhinav Publications: 1973), p.166
#^ Charles Fraser Beckingham, George Wynn Brereton Huntingford, Manuel de Almeida, Bahrey, Some Records of Ethiopia 1593-1646: Being Extracts from the History of High Ethiopia or Abassia By Manoel De Almeida, Together with Bahrey's History of the Galla,(Hakluyt Society: 1954), p.105
#^ Charles Pelham Groves, The Planting of Christianity in Africa,(Lutterworth Press: 1964), p.110
#^ a b Richard Stephen Whiteway, Miguel de Castanhoso, Joo Bermudes, Gaspar Corra, The Portuguese expedition to Abyssinia in 1541-1543 as narrated by Castanhoso,(Kraus Reprint: 1967), p.xxxiii
#^ William Leonard Langer, Geoffrey Bruun, Encyclopedia of World History: Ancient, Medieval, and Modern, Chronologically Arranged,(Houghton Mifflin Co.: 1948), p.624
#^ Ewald Wagner, "`Adal" in Encyclopaedia Aethiopica: A-C, p.71
#^ George Wynn Brereton Huntingford, The historical geography of Ethiopia from the first century AD to 1704,(Oxford University Press: 1989), p.135
SomaLI

Bykowce, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 9, 2010
 
XLLag wrote:
<quoted text>
Italy left Eritrea in 1941. I have a college education, what about you agame? Or all are agames like you stupid?
looooooooooool

XLLag = Somali = vlana123 = CushiticSomalianMale! what a dumba$$ b1tch
Donald R Levinsky

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 9, 2010
 
In your reference, it states that the Adal Kingdom used to pay tribute to the Ethiopian Kingdom. Do you believe that? If you do, then I will believe your assertion.

Yet it is very controversial the case of the Adal Kingdom from which Amhed Gragn arose. Many say it was essentially Somali, many also say it was essentially Afar, some say a mix of two but to my own opinion the Adal Kingdom is a Harrare kingdom due to its level of sophistication. The Harrere's were some of the most civlised and civilising influences in that part of the world and their destruction after Gragn's defeat is a very good indicator they were the ones who gave birth to Adal and Gragn.

There is no historical doubt, however, that Turkish Guns and Cannons were employed by Gragn. That was the only reason he had advantage over King Libna Dingel besides his age (Libina Dingel was only 23 year old at the time of the war). Also, even if you deny the presence of Turkish soldiers amongst Gragn's regular army, you can't deny there must have been TURKISH soldeirs who were in charge of firing the cannons and the new fangled guns.

Since: Jan 09

Ta netjer - D.L.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 10, 2010
 
Donald R Levinsky wrote:
He was the king of somalia, present Ethiopia and present Eritrea.
Among his greatest accomplishments was the building of Debre Libanos:
http://www.ethiopianorthodoxchurch.info/Debre...
http://www.tewahedo.nl/images/Debre%20libanos...
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8...
http://www.ethiomedia.com/case/debre_libanos_...
Can you explain me why you think that Atse AmdeTsion was the greatest ethiopian king ever lived????????? I hope not because he built Debre Libanos monastery

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of58
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Ethiopia Forum right now

Search the Ethiopia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Are oromos Fulani ? (Aug '13) 28 min Namaga 12
What music are you listening to now? (Mar '13) 34 min Kontu 3,295
What countries have you been to or you want to ... 36 min Kontu 35
30% of Eritreans suffer from Goitre 1 hr Dingil Negn 4
15% of Eritreans Suffer from Mental Illness 1 hr random ethiopian dude 3
If jesus came back, I would murder him 1 hr Hezbollah 14
Dr Alemayehu G Mariam is an Ethiopian Muhammad ... 1 hr Aseged 5
•••
•••
•••
•••