Why is Begging and Economic Dependen...

Why is Begging and Economic Dependency Normal in Ethiopia?

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#1 Jan 17, 2013
"I met this man last Tuesday at the bank. I couldn’t believe it was him until I heard his voice which is the voice I hear every Sunday morning. For a change the man was dressed clean and his sad face was gone. He was talking to the bank teller that he is in a hurry and he wants to deposit his money fast. I lean over to see how much he was depositing and it was three thousand Ethiopian birr. For a man who claims not to afford a breakfast, that was quite a large amount to deposit in a bank. After he left I asked the bank teller if he knew him. He told me he is their regular customer and everyone in the bank knows he is a beggar.“Begging is not a solution for temporary problems in Ethiopia. It is a profession,” the bank teller said."

" My friend, who works for Amhara Regional Television told me this story. He went to report on the life of the farmers in one of the remote places in the region. What he witnessed shocked him most. The farmers get wheat as a support from US AID. To get this wheat they walk all day because the station is too far from where they live and there is no transportation. They walk two days in general to get the wheat and they go back carrying the wheat on their back. After they return, they can’t move their body for a week from the long walk and the heavy wheat that is particularly hard on their emaciated body. They do this while they have a river and a fertile land just a walking distance from their homes."
" Ethiopia is famous for its beggars than anything else. If you ask any tourist or foreigner what they remember about Ethiopian people once they visited the country, beggars is the answer in most cases."
http://www.ezega.com/news/NewsDetails.aspx...
If the ruling agames ethnic are beggars by nature, what do you expect the poor majority to do?!
Sam and the other hodamoch if u got something to add?
"the growth we are witnessing in our country can't be achieved in any country except the lucky ones like Ethiopia" the accidental PM.
newuser

Portland, OR

#2 Jan 17, 2013
We are the world is their national antem, they have no shame at all LOLOL

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 18, 2013
Sam wrote:
The separation of eriteria is the best thing that had happened to Ethiopia, however, if the vote was conducted today it would definitely resulted with different outcome! The ones who brags about eriteria are, the one who leaves outside of the country.
Eriterian who resides in eriteria would leave the countery in a hart beat if they got a chance.
If they allowed to re-vote now, they would say heck NO. Cause the dream is becoming Singapore is turn in to SING-A-POOR.
Life in eriteria at these time is like being in hell with out commenting a sin!
" Ethiopia is famous for its beggars than anything else. If you ask any tourist or foreigner what they remember about Ethiopian people once they visited the country, beggars is the answer in most cases."
wedi eri

Nairobi, Kenya

#4 Mar 9, 2013
@sam Those beggars always think that, we are same with them. We are not like you who are dying with money. We are eritreans who are hardworking ppl.we will keep our martyrs promise. This fara agame thinks that,eritreans betray their children like agames.eritreans who reside in eritrea are the ones who lost their beloved ones. How could they vote against eriteans? Never agame. Keep dreaming.
We wish, you forget about us but You beggars are still thinking about us.
STOP OBSESSED WITH US LOSER ETHIOPIANS. Everyone is still laughing at you cuz never seen in the history 4 million ppl defeat 80 million ppl.
Sam

Chesapeake, OH

#5 Mar 9, 2013
MuwatnEri wrote:
<quoted text>
These ironic, Eretrians talking about Ethiopian poverty, while listed the top 5 poorest country in the world,
Don't you think you should be working on that rather bashing Ethiopia? I am just saying and it It fact not emotional speech such as yours.
If you have a doubt just google top 10 poorest country in the world 2013.
Agame boy

Warder, Ethiopia

#6 Mar 13, 2013
wedi eri wrote:
@sam Those beggars always think that, we are same with them. We are not like you who are dying with money. We are eritreans who are hardworking ppl.we will keep our martyrs promise. This fara agame thinks that,eritreans betray their children like agames.eritreans who reside in eritrea are the ones who lost their beloved ones. How could they vote against eriteans? Never agame. Keep dreaming.
We wish, you forget about us but You beggars are still thinking about us.
STOP OBSESSED WITH US LOSER ETHIOPIANS. Everyone is still laughing at you cuz never seen in the history 4 million ppl defeat 80 million ppl.
Aye Wedi Eri. I am sorry for your innocence. You like like living in the 1940s Eritrea under Italian colony. Now things are changed and upside down. It does not help to inflate yourself while you have nothing and Eritrea and its people are the poorest one in the world. I would be happy if what you said was real but it is not. At leasr you do not have the moral ground to undermine Ethiopia especially Tigray. Assuming you have information gap I suggest to you to Google to any reports and you will understand where you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walelign: Are you ready to be our first MOD? 51 min GreaterEthiopia 1
Walelign: Everyone quited this forum | Personal... 2 hr GreaterEthiopia 6
Ethiopia Muslim clubs in diaspora 11 hr Walelign 4
Ethiopians are NOT Black!!!!! (Feb '12) 11 hr Anonymous 2,653
News Ethiopia, Saudi Arabia finalizing labor exchang... 20 hr Anonymous 2
Why are Ethiopians and somali so racist toward... (Apr '13) Jul 28 Anonymous 142
DNA ancestry tests for Ethiopians (Aug '15) Jul 28 Thirstin 4 Knowledge 32
More from around the web