Oromo want to be independent from Et...

Oromo want to be independent from Ethiopia, why?

Posted in the Ethiopia Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“King Solomon II”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#1 Sep 2, 2012
As an Ethiopian I have meet many Oromos that claim to not be Ethipoian, can an Oromo please explain this ideology to me,thanks.
Jaleta

Ethiopia

#2 Sep 2, 2012
Solomon Askenaw wrote:
As an Ethiopian I have meet many Oromos that claim to not be Ethipoian, can an Oromo please explain this ideology to me,thanks.
Those in the diaspora are as brainwashed by some separatists as other Ethiopians blindly hate other political organizations.This is a manifestation of political extrimism which is not good at all for anyone!

“King Solomon II”

Location hidden

#3 Sep 2, 2012
Political identity that is seen in the Oromo's that I have meet,represents a lack of representation or acceptance of their culture,history,identity in the Amhara /Tigray dominated political arena. The translation that is then pressed upon the latter generation is to show a pride that is seeking to make on distinctive variance from the habesha population. I remember a conversation with an Oromo I meet in college he refereed to himself as an Oromo and I asked if he was Ethipoian he said no.Also he claimed that habesha are not really African and that I am Semitic speaking person there for I am Amhara and that means I am not fully Ethiopian. Furthermore I think it is a political identity crisis that is being hacked by extremest to label the Amhara as the enemy and to spread hate as a tool to unity the majority population into detonator ending.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 2, 2012
The question should be rather why not Ethiopian give Oromian reason to proudly consider themselves Ethiopians??
Oromo King

Göteborg, Sweden

#5 Sep 2, 2012
we are the largest ethnic group in ethiopia and we have no say in ethiopia for past 170 years ,its time for real change ...
Jaleta

Ethiopia

#6 Sep 2, 2012
Dont Fight Fate wrote:
The question should be rather why not Ethiopian give Oromian reason to proudly consider themselves Ethiopians??
Most of the Oromo people know the dangers of ethnic extremism of those socalled educated elites who preach one or the other ethnic groups as their historic enemy.However most will realize the fact that they are delving in to a mimmed territory and relinquish it altogether.Some fools think propageting extrem ethnicism as a brand of knowledge to show of.Ethnicism has always been there and will always be there.Loving your group and standing for it's rights is great while hating and attempting to hurt others is a dangerous game to play around. What goes around comes around!
The ethnic Oromos are the ones who are most intermingled with almost all tribes of Ethiopia and they are not the only ones who were opperesed by the Feudal system as well as the Dergue.The problem in the politics of these days is assigning the past regiems to one or the other of the nationalities and branding them as opperessors or something while the reality is the fuedal lords from most Ethnic groups were at the helm of power and supporting the royal family while the poor mass is supposed to serve the lords.
Those who were calling for an independent nation of Oromos were as confused as their revolutionary generation and now i think they have come to their real senses to strugle for democracy. But still their is the less informed blind supporter who stick to the out fashioned cessation politics.
Jaleta

Ethiopia

#7 Sep 2, 2012
Oromo King wrote:
we are the largest ethnic group in ethiopia and we have no say in ethiopia for past 170 years ,its time for real change ...
You are not an Oromo! If you were,you couldn't have said this!

“King Solomon II”

Location hidden

#8 Sep 2, 2012
Thanks for the educated response I am not sure I completely understand the complex physiological matters at hand. Is there hate towards the Amhara? What we are talking about is historical events that we have no control over and I am sure the current times we are all all Ethiopian's.Can an Oromo that feels that Oromo needs any independent state response to me.Please teach me what you think?
Jaleta

Ethiopia

#9 Sep 2, 2012
Solomon Askenaw wrote:
Thanks for the educated response I am not sure I completely understand the complex physiological matters at hand. Is there hate towards the Amhara? What we are talking about is historical events that we have no control over and I am sure the current times we are all all Ethiopian's.Can an Oromo that feels that Oromo needs any independent state response to me.Please teach me what you think?
There is little hate towards the Amharas as compared to some 15 to 18 years back! and those who post nonsense in this site are some nonsense trolls like Alex!!

“King Solomon II”

Location hidden

#10 Sep 2, 2012
Jaleta can you please explain the whole Oromo independence issue. I seem to be lost and need some enlightenment. Thank you
Oromo King

Göteborg, Sweden

#11 Sep 2, 2012
Jaleta can you insult the ethiopian government or meles ? or are you afraid for your life ? We the real Oromo want independent and freedom !
Fanuel

Europe

#12 Sep 2, 2012
Jaleta wrote:
<quoted text>Those in the diaspora are as brainwashed by some separatists as other Ethiopians blindly hate other political organizations.This is a manifestation of political extrimism which is not good at all for anyone!
you think the diaspora is the only one extremist just get out of addis and go to adama and try to speak amharic in the court every one is going to pretend they don't understand you and ask them about ethiopia and they will tell you they only want to split from the rest. guys who live in addis think that every ethnic is equal and they live in peace but that is just the opposite and its not only oromo's go to the SNNPR and try to marry a gurage you would see the most racist face ever. and you guys should listen to our voice and let us go cause its the majority who wants to split and we are sick and tired of this bullshit......I could give an advanced example but this is that I remember for now fare well
"FREEDOM"
Kontu

South Melbourne, Australia

#13 Sep 2, 2012
Muslim Oromo's don't believe they are Ethiopians, but I haven't met a christian Oromo that wants independence. I have 2 Muslim Oromo friends; they are good guys, never speak badly about Ethiopia (at least around me), but they never refer to themselves as Ethiopians.
Jaleta

Ethiopia

#14 Sep 3, 2012
Oromo King wrote:
Jaleta can you insult the ethiopian government or meles ? or are you afraid for your life ? We the real Oromo want independent and freedom !
I can't stop laughing, man!What measure would insulting be? Afterall,uncivilized people resort to defamation and insulting.You can dialogue with people free of insulting!I respect your political thought eventhough I can see it's impracticability and even the disadvantage to the Oromo people and the whole of East Africa.
True Ethiopian

Ethiopia

#15 Sep 3, 2012
This is Blind Politics!!! Really CHAUVINISM!!!!!! I Think Scramble For Power!!!
I Really Hate It!!!!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE ETHIOPIA!!!!
Oromo King

Göteborg, Sweden

#16 Sep 3, 2012
jaleta aka true Ethiopian ,we are anti government and chatting with us is a crime in Ethiopia,thank you jaleta for being a brave man down with the tigre government !
Jaleta

Ethiopia

#17 Sep 3, 2012
Oromo King wrote:
jaleta aka true Ethiopian ,we are anti government and chatting with us is a crime in Ethiopia,thank you jaleta for being a brave man down with the tigre government !
Thanks!
Oromo King

Göteborg, Sweden

#18 Sep 3, 2012
Jaleta wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks!
You welcome ,from now on you are our man in addis
Jaleta

Ethiopia

#19 Sep 3, 2012
Oromo King wrote:
<quoted text>
You welcome ,from now on you are our man in addis
Lol, I suspected it was you.I never had a humurous Somali as much as you do.No problem working for you except the fact that you have to send me guns that can find and kill enemies,and bombs that can fly possibly neuclare war heads.
eti

Djibouti

#20 Sep 23, 2012
Solomon Askenaw wrote:
The word Ethiopia/Abyssinia has been used to refer to the Amhara and to Tigray .Really,it is wrong to use Ethiopia to all the other people in Ethiopia.Oromo are not Ethiopian but Oromo They were conquered bY minilk,Haile S.They were under colonised by Amhara.There is no hate ,but now they are first Oromo,their country Oromia ,their language affanoromo and they want to be free from the colonial rule.And this must happen democrtically.Oromo people has to choose ,independance or federation with Ethiopia.If federation succeed ,we have to choose official language,because no more Amharic domination.Otherwise we are ok with our amhara neighbourg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ethiopia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do countries dislike Somalis? (Jan '15) 11 hr Walelign 112
Hunger Strike for Ethiopia at the White House 12 hr Walelign 3
All Ethiopians seek superpower protection 12 hr Walelign 3
News Ethiopia: Peaceful Protest to Armed Uprising 20 hr Gelleta 1
Are Amharas Cushitic? I read that there is real... (Jul '16) 20 hr Real_Amhara 17
Uganda vs Ethiopian in WAR (WHO WOULD WIN) (Apr '12) Fri Panda amanuel 59
Ethiopia vs Egypt (Who would win?) (Dec '08) Fri Panda amanuel 3,607
More from around the web