The new Major Ministers
Posted in the Ethiopia Forum
Since: May 09
#1 Oct 5, 2010
APA-Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) Barely a day after his re-election to a fourth term as Ethiopian Prime Minister, Meles Zenawi has appointed his new cabinet with several major changes in the line up.
1. Foreign Minister and deputy Prime Minister - Hailemariam Desalegn
2. Minister of Defence - Siraj Fergesa
3. Federal Affairs Minister -Shiferaw Teklemariam
4. Minister of Justice -Birhan Hailu
5. Civil Service Minister - Junedin Sado (new ministry)
6. Ministry of Finance and Economic Development - Sofian Ahmed
7. Minister of Agriculture -Tefera Derbew (new ministry)
8. Minister of Industry -Mekonnen Manyazewal
9. Trade Minister -Abdurhaman Sheik Ahmed
10. Science and Technology Minister - Desse Delke
11. Minister of Transport - Diriba Kuma
12. Minister of Communication and Information Technology - Debretsion Gebremickael
13. Minister of Urban Construction -Mekuria Haile
14. Minister of Water and Energy - Alemayehu Tegenu
15. Minister of Mines - Sinkinesh Ejigu
16. Minister of Education -Demeke Mekonnen
17. Minister of Health -Tewodrose Adhanom
18. Minister of Labour and Social Affairs - Abdulfeta Abdul Ahmed
19. Minister of Culture and Tourism - Aman Abdulkedir
20. Minister of Women, Children and Youth Affair - Zenebu Taddesse
Prime Minister Meles Zenawi also re-appointed Bereket Simon as Minister for the Government Communication Affairs Office and Melaku Fente as General Manager for the Ethiopian Revenue and Customs Authority as well as Aster Mamo as government whip to the parliament.
The three officials are included in the cabinet.
I think we have 6 or 7 Amharas , 6 Oromos , 5 Debubes, 2 or 3 Tigray , 2 Somalis and 1 afar Major ministers. Well, I think this the beginning step for our democrat Ethiopia.
another headache for shabia pigs in this forum....hahahah
#2 Oct 5, 2010
What does this suppose to mean? They Meles is using Uncle Toms as minister. What a complete and utter joke. There are alone 10,000 prisoners in Jigjiga, military crackdown in Ogaden. Human rights abuse throughout the country. Muslims are suffering immense abuse.
How many non-Tigray generals in the Army?
#3 Oct 5, 2010
while you are keep fabrecating lies over lies , change has started to come and the above change of ministers are a good example. next change will be in our militery...
btw it funny who you are talking about prisoners in Ethiopia while the whole population in your tiny nation eritera is in a gaint smelly prisone.
#4 Oct 5, 2010
Stupid moron, I am Somali retard.
These are not lies. All these people are TPLF slaves. They answer to the TPLF. Ministers are nothing in a country that is ruled by the bullet. TPLF will never change military leaders. Tigray need military control or their blood will be spilled by all ethnicity
Since: May 10
#5 Oct 5, 2010
Good combination, yet too many Amharas.
what is the population size of the Amhara? five million?(I mean take away the 23 million agaw (amhara converts)
Too many Amhara means an imminent threat to regional peace resulting from chauvenism and expantionist adventures.
#6 Oct 6, 2010
The ethnic lineup included one Eritrean (Bereket Simon!!!!!
Add your comments below
|How Jawar will transform himself to the most fa...||1 hr||GreaterEthiopia||1|
|Difficulty accessing Oromo, Tigray news||1 hr||GreaterEthiopia||2|
|Ethiopia shall declare "state of emergency" in ...||5 hr||Anonymous||4|
|Prof. Almariam: capacity to hate another for sh...||8 hr||Walelign||2|
|The real difference between Ethiopian and Somali? (Oct '09)||19 hr||Cat woman6159||587|
|Any habesha men in Atlanta? (Nov '13)||21 hr||Nur qonjo||2|
|Walelign has invested in Ethiopia and now is sc...||Wed||Walelign||2|
Find what you want!
Search Ethiopia Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC