Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated May 9, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jean Marie

Santa Ana, El Salvador

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
May 31, 2010
 
I love San Salvador. I think people can be very safe here. I think this particular woman from Germany sounds like she wouldn't find following the basic safety measures easy or "common sense" for her. If that is the case, a place with lower crime rates makes more sense.
Girl from Germany

Hattersheim, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
May 31, 2010
 
Jean Marie..your from San Salvador,right?
I would love to hear your opinion to all this..I mean, do you think that it's an good idea to do my voluntary work in San Salvador..because I defenitly woul love to!
Sandra Shafer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Jun 1, 2010
 
My advise, I have not been to El Salvador since 2003, I have lived in USA since the war around 89. My friends back home do not advise me to go back due to crime today. If your heart is set on going, I advise you to perhaps find housing with a local family and very close to your employment location, once you build a network then you can venture and really enjoy the treasures and gems that El Salvador has to offer.
Good Luck
Joe

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Jun 2, 2010
 
Girl from Germany wrote:
Hey..I'm an 18 years old girl from Germany. I'm thinking about a voluntary work in a hospital in San Salvador in my coming summer holidays. To be honest,I have to say that I've read and heard some strange things about the streets and people of San Salvador. For example the gangs like the MS 13 or 18,even I don't know the difference. My friends say that if I just do my work and don't go anywhere by myself it could be all fine. But I don't think that I can live that way,because such a curious person like me couldnt just stay in her room while she's at one of the most interesting places in the world.
Shoud I be more carefull? But maybe it's an advantage that I have black hair an brown eyes, because my parents come from Maroc..
I think it's a Great Idea for you to do your Voluntary work in El Salvador. Don't listen to all these other Idiot's on this forum who tell you otherwise. Most of them have probably never been there. Like any country in the World, there is always crime & murder. All I can tell you about that is to not trust just any person who talks to you or offers you anything because there is always strange people everywhere but if you blend it like you say maybe you won't draw much attention and look like a local and of course knowing and speaking Spanish helps a lot....., And just travel with somebody who is trust worthy.......... El Salvador is a beautiful country especially in Areas like Sonsonate, Ahuachapan, Chalatenango, etc......, And regarding MS-13 they do still exists in the country but the Government is trying to eradicate this garbage from the country and have done a great job of it so far......, The Numbers for MS-13 have been very low since the 80's and 90's..........
Joe

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 2, 2010
 
New Yorker Dream wrote:
Thank you Guys. You helped me a lot.
Sillicon Valley, you say that Mexico is better, but I think that there ist a huge crime, too. Or?
And Girl from Germany I heard about the MS and I'd love to know much about them.
Can anybody tell me?
There isn't much good knowledge you can learn about this Gang, Pretty much they evolved in the 1980's from Guerrilla fighters who fought in the bloody civil war in El Salvador. It Started with Immigrants from El Salvador but then they recruited other people from other countries so they are wide spread though out the Americas and even parts of Europe, which is my point exactly about El Salvador, if they are seen in El Salvador they most likely will be executed, which is why the small majority that is still there only come out at night......., But I was just in San Salvador and I loved it, had no problems with anybody and didn't see anything out the ordinary
Thomas

Boucherville, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Jun 5, 2010
 
There's no reason to be affraid of visiting El Salvador, or in this case San Salvador. Crime is present in every big city, just make sure to make the proper inquiries before flying in, other than that enjoy!
New Yorker Dream

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Jun 7, 2010
 
@ Joe: Yeah,.. it's just frightening to hear all those things. Do you had a specially connection to or with them?
I know that when you do, you can't tell me. But I just wanna try, to get information, from a MS-member...
Joe

Valencia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Jun 8, 2010
 
New Yorker Dream wrote:
@ Joe: Yeah,.. it's just frightening to hear all those things. Do you had a specially connection to or with them?
I know that when you do, you can't tell me. But I just wanna try, to get information, from a MS-member...
No I don't have any type of connection with them nor will I ever..........Why so Interested? I have heard of German People claiming MS there?
New Yorker Dream

Frankfurt Am Main, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Jun 9, 2010
 
OMG! NO I never ever heard about claming MS in Germany.. Thank God!

I'm intresed because that's so diffrent, then all the other "crime-stories" I've heard..
It is scary and awful. I'm tryin' to understand that crazy sh*t...:S
salvadorenia

Brisbane, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Jun 9, 2010
 
I would just like to point out that firstly
salvadorians are not savage people....how would you know? have you been there?
i know thats its dangerous there and its not safe
but it doesnt mean you have to bag it out
el salvador is a beautiful country....but its gone through alot in the past and thats why it is the way it is at the moment

but to girl from germany - im so glad that you are wanting to go there and help, El Salvador does need people like that,
however if you are planning on going by yourslef i recommend that you don't.
if you go in a large group thats differemt but by yourself...its abit different.
i wish all the best with your trip to whereevre you choose to go,
but think of your safety also...
:)
ELSALVADORisLove

Mount Waverley, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Jun 12, 2010
 
Girl from Germany wrote:
Oh...thank you so much.
But when I already have something in my head,it's very difficult for me to go off.
What can I do to be carefull,or what shouldn't I do??
Dear "Girl from Germany" ,just bringing to your attention that the animal you`ve been chatting with on this forum named "Badtothebone" is definetly an impostor,false,fake,hypocrite and most of all racist!!...He is a typical case of the racism that is being promoted and advertised throughout around the world for many decades against our people of El Salvador,there is a lot of hatred against our small nation because we a real people and we speak the truth and we live a real life as human beings and not a superficial artificial like the MR.nicewannabe so caring "Bantothebone"!!!He makes me sick to the bone,if you dont belive what iam saying just have a look at his comment on this same forum on the topic "Why do El Salvadorean women acts bossy and mean to Black-American women??" his comment is #3 and you will see his real identity,he is a mental case and most likely a a rapist criminal with serious dark intentions....
Dont belive anyone who stop you from beliving what makes you happy,that is what this sick man is doing to you.Stoping you from being free to think and search for your dreams with freedoom..Dont worry we Salvadoreans share the same feeling and we know what that feels like,because that is exactly what they`ve been doing to us for decades,but we have had enough and we are fighting back!!!,dony worry,we`v won!
Frank

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Feb 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

In el salvador there are nice people just like anywhere you go there are bad people. violence is high in san salvador but it is something that mostly takes place beetween gang members. san salvador has 2 million people and is very small geographically speaking. safety wise, there are very few places where you will feel safe. the zona rosa is a heavily guarded place in san salvador and it is the location for many of there commercial attractions. i'am guessing you are white and that will make you a target also you being female causes alot of problems. Me being salvadoran i dont suggest you coming to san salvador. it is not stable and yes they do need lots of help, unless your willing to risk your life, your welcome to come but otherwise. look elsewhere. i would suggest costa rica, cuba or south america even.
Joe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Feb 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

You'll be all right, just make sure where you are, if you are driving make sure to have someone guiding you, do not to go certain places like Soyapango City, or ask the people around in the hospital for advice, El Salvador is like any other third world country , there is a lot people hungry or just trying to get easy money, don't be an easy victim try to do or have fun during daytime because is when the most criminal are sleeping be safe God will Bless you for the good things you're doing!
Girl from Germany wrote:
Hey..I'm an 18 years old girl from Germany. I'm thinking about a voluntary work in a hospital in San Salvador in my coming summer holidays. To be honest,I have to say that I've read and heard some strange things about the streets and people of San Salvador. For example the gangs like the MS 13 or 18,even I don't know the difference. My friends say that if I just do my work and don't go anywhere by myself it could be all fine. But I don't think that I can live that way,because such a curious person like me couldnt just stay in her room while she's at one of the most interesting places in the world.
Shoud I be more carefull? But maybe it's an advantage that I have black hair an brown eyes, because my parents come from Maroc..
Carolina98

San Salvador, El Salvador

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 8, 2013
 
I'm from El Salvador gangs do not make anything if you do not you mess with them, besides the foreigners do not do anything.
Kevin

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 9, 2013
 
Don't ask questions here on Topix German girl. It's full of trolls and delusional psychopaths (Badtothebone, Silicome Valley, etc.) I'll give you a real answer. El Salvador (or as you people call it, "San Salvador" lol) is a nice tropical country, full of friendly warm hearted people (like anywhere else in Latin America), great food (again, like anywhere in Latin America), overall, great experience. The country is not as.dangerous as it used to be, its there (Like anywhere else in the world). Just have some common sense and don't let your pessimistic mentality get the best of you, and don't let those imbeciles, badtothebone silicon valley answer your questions. Badtothebone has a history of leaving racist, and xenophobic comments on other LatinAmerican countries, overall, don't come here.for answers. I suggest you ask questions on yahoo next time. Overall, you timehave a great time
-Kevin

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Salvador Discussions

Search the El Salvador Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama weighs sending guard troops to border Thu Tea Party Supporter 1
How to make free international calls from El Sa... (Aug '10) Jul 22 WALTER 2
Whats the sexies part on a Salvadorian body? (Oct '08) Jul 20 Spongedebfatpants 24
Any Asian-Salvadorans out there??? (Apr '12) Jul 19 Pituantonio 27
Gang members on their way to family members liv... Jul 18 Ragnar 1
join illuminati worldwide Jul 17 sam 1
Endless wave of illegal immigrants floods Rio G... Jul 16 interesting 6
•••
•••