Why do salvadorians use vos instead of tu?

Posted in the El Salvador Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of65
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mexican girl

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Just wondering. And it bugs me too.
pelon

Sebastopol, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Mexican girl wrote:
Just wondering. And it bugs me too.
What bugs you????.That we salvadoreans say VOZ..Maybe this will help you understand..We are not mexicans and never will..Find out more about the word VOZ..As far as I know all Central and South America use the world VOZ..You never know..You and I might get marry and you will use our word..My ex did so will you
Mexican girl

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 23, 2011
 
pelon wrote:
<quoted text>What bugs you????.That we salvadoreans say VOZ..Maybe this will help you understand..We are not mexicans and never will..Find out more about the word VOZ..As far as I know all Central and South America use the world VOZ..You never know..You and I might get marry and you will use our word..My ex did so will you
Ew no I say tu and always will
Proud salvadorena

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Mexican girl wrote:
Just wondering. And it bugs me too.
It's what I grew up saying and what most salvadorians say unless you're talking to an elder or someone you're suppose to respect. Then you say usted. It's just our way of saying you. We're just special.
pelon

Sebastopol, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Mexican girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Ew no I say tu and always will
OK,,,,,,,, VOZ
pelon

Sebastopol, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Proud salvadorena wrote:
<quoted text>
It's what I grew up saying and what most salvadorians say unless you're talking to an elder or someone you're suppose to respect. Then you say usted. It's just our way of saying you. We're just special.
You got that right gorgeous..GOOD ONE..
Mexican girl

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

pelon wrote:
<quoted text> OK,,,,,,,, VOZ
God learn real Spanish es tu no "voz".
pelon

Sebastopol, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Mexican girl wrote:
<quoted text>
God learn real Spanish es tu no "voz".
NAAAAHH,,,,,Se dice "VOZ" NOT "TU". Me entiendes mendez
Mexican girl

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

pelon wrote:
<quoted text> NAAAAHH,,,,,Se dice "VOZ" NOT "TU". Me entiendes mendez
No entiendo lo que dices porque yo hablo el verdadero español.
pelon

Sebastopol, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Mexican girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No entiendo lo que dices porque yo hablo el verdadero español.
Cual es el verdadero espanol para ti preciosa..Asi como BUEY,,,Chinga a tu madre,, No manches,, WOOOOOOOOW ese si es verdadero espanol cutie..jajajaja..
Mexican girl

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Proud salvadorena wrote:
<quoted text>
It's what I grew up saying and what most salvadorians say unless you're talking to an elder or someone you're suppose to respect. Then you say usted. It's just our way of saying you. We're just special.
Yeah right. Salvadorians arent any special. You guys just make up words to get attention
albert

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

me vale verga lo que piensen ustedes mexic or salvador
albert

Montréal, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

tengo muchos amigs mexicanos y soy salva
Mexican girl

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 24, 2011
 
albert wrote:
tengo muchos amigs mexicanos y soy salva
I'm just wondering why you use it
pelon

Sebastopol, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Mexican girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just wondering why you use it
Cuz we are not mexicans..Just if I ask you why you use the word GUEY.. Every country has its different words..You got yours and we got ours mamita...We are not mexicans and you are not salvadorean..But we should get along cuz we all speak spanish..The only difference is the slang and accent.. Ok mamita chula
Mexican girl

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 24, 2011
 
pelon wrote:
<quoted text> Cuz we are not mexicans..Just if I ask you why you use the word GUEY.. Every country has its different words..You got yours and we got ours mamita...We are not mexicans and you are not salvadorean..But we should get along cuz we all speak spanish..The only difference is the slang and accent.. Ok mamita chula
Well I know you're not Mexican. Also where did guanaco com from
Proud salvadorena

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 25, 2011
 
Mexican girl wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just wondering why you use it
We use it because that's what we wer taught to use. If you go to El Salvador, you hardly hear tu.
WILD FLOWER

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 3, 2011
 
pelon wrote:
<quoted text> Cual es el verdadero espanol para ti preciosa..Asi como BUEY,,,Chinga a tu madre,, No manches,, WOOOOOOOOW ese si es verdadero espanol cutie..jajajaja..
No seas pendejo. Esas palabras son puro "slang" come se usa en todos los paises. Si, como el pais tuyo tambien. Quizas diferentes palabras, pero "slang" lo mismo. En el US tambien se usa el English "slang", cual es tu problema ? Que ustedes hablan mejor Espanol ??? por favor ....... hahahahaha
Proud salvadorena

Henderson, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

WILD FLOWER wrote:
<quoted text>
No seas pendejo. Esas palabras son puro "slang" come se usa en todos los paises. Si, como el pais tuyo tambien. Quizas diferentes palabras, pero "slang" lo mismo. En el US tambien se usa el English "slang", cual es tu problema ? Que ustedes hablan mejor Espanol ??? por favor ....... hahahahaha
No we don't speak better Spanish just we say things differently.
Guanaka

Glen Burnie, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 15, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Yo tengo un amigo q es de Mexico y me trata y me dice hermana y siempre yo uso la palabra voz en vez de "tu" y el siempre q le digo eso se pone a repetirla y se rie y me dice "voz" a cada rato. LO QUIERO MUCHO A MI HERMANITO!!!!!. Ps el es un dia menor q mi jaja

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of65
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent El Salvador Discussions

Search the El Salvador Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Any Asian-Salvadorans out there??? (Apr '12) 21 hr Julian 22
why are many salvadorian girls are marrying whi... (May '12) Mon Hidalgo Andante 51
why most salvadorian men like puerto rican wome... (Nov '10) Apr 9 jose 188
El Salvadorian women (May '09) Apr 7 big dog 102
How are Salvadorian Men different from "America... (Jun '10) Apr 4 amour 79
Traveling to El Salvador.. Should I stay or go? (Jun '12) Mar 18 Cherry 58
Man survives 13 months lost at sea Feb '14 Wes 1
•••
•••
•••
•••