Posted in the Egypt Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Sep 13

Highland Park, MI

#1 Sep 25, 2013
Here's my story:

Approximately two years ago I met a man and fell in love. I was separated from my husband at the time (please no judgment or negative comments) but I have since filed for divorce. The divorce has nothing to do with him and we have no children, I was separated from my husband before met him. My divorce will be final in December.

The man (lets call him Fadi) is an Egyptian native and currently lives in Egypt. He has not always lived in Egypt but is there finishing the last of his studies and I am finishing mines. I am 24 and he is 28. We are both going into medicine.

He has asked me to marry him and although I love him deeply I would be foolish not to do research and look at things objectively.

He wants us to take a vacation in Cyprus in January and get married there. I'll be leaving the US and meeting him there and he will be leaving Egypt and meeting me there. I am looking forward to the vacation and spending the time with him, I am hesitant about getting married. I'll just be divorced and I don't think its a good idea for me to jump back into a marriage. I love and I do want to spend the rest of my life with him but I don't know if doing it so soon will be the best.

Also I am bothered by the fact that he won't introduce me to his family yet. He doesn't think that its a good idea yet because his family is very traditional and they wouldn't understand. I understand this too because my family is very traditional and may have a hard time understanding our love as well. He says that they would think that because he's marrying me that he's making plans to come to the US and that they would never see him again. He was very concerned and asked me if I would still marry him if his family objected and I said yes. He seemed very relieved to hear this. He wants me to move to Egypt after we get married but I am afraid to do that. I work for an international company and it wouldn't be hard for me to transfer but I don't speak the language and with all the political unrest, I'm not sure how safe it will be for an American citizen. He is suggesting that I just stay stateside if I'm not comfortable and let him finish his studies in Egypt and when he's done in June next year he'll come here. I would love more than anything for that to happen but I'm afraid that he's just using me. He hasn't asked me for any money or anything or any type of support. It was his initial idea for me to move to Egypt but I'm not understanding the rush to get married. He is Muslim but he's not a practicing one. I know that in the Muslim culture you need to announce your marriage to family so that combined with me not wanting to offend his family by them thinking that I went behind their back and married their son doesn't sit well with me. Also, I don't want to trap him but I don't want to be used either and if we get married I want it to be recognized in Islam and legally as well. Even though he's not practicing I know that its an important part of his culture. He's very gentle and kind and is really a great person and I know that I love him and I believe that he loves me but I'm just not sure what to think. I hope that you guys will be able to help me. No negative comments please just honest opinions and a male from Islam who isn't mean or hateful comments will be really appreciated.

What is your thoughts on this?
IL Principe

Aarhus, Denmark

#2 Sep 25, 2013
You do whatever you feel is right but you have to know that muslims have one goal and that is to spread their religion by any means.

End of story.
Sahit Mahmood

Thessaloníki, Greece

#3 Sep 26, 2013
Convert to Islam if you want,move to Egypt and marry him.

Since: Aug 13

Vernon, Canada

#5 Sep 26, 2013
princesskenny wrote:
Here's my story:
Approximately two years ago I met a man and fell in love. I was separated from my husband at the time (please no judgment or negative comments) but I have since filed for divorce. The divorce has nothing to do with him and we have no children, I was separated from my husband before met him. My divorce will be final in December.
The man (lets call him Fadi) is an Egyptian native and currently lives in Egypt. He has not always lived in Egypt but is there finishing the last of his studies and I am finishing mines. I am 24 and he is 28. We are both going into medicine.
Ha good idea for me to jump back into a marriage. I love and I do want to spend the rest of my life with him but I don't know if doing it so soon will be the best.
Also I am bothered by the fact that he won't introduce me to his family yet. He doesn't think that its a good idea yet because his family is very traditional and they wouldn't understand. I understand this too because my family is very traditional and may have a hard time understanding our love as well. He says that they would think that because he's marrying me that he's making plans to come to the US and that they would never see him again. He was very concerned and asked me if I would still marry him if his family objected and I said yes. He seemed very relieved to hear this. He wants me to move to Egypt after we get married but I am afraid to do that. I work for an international company and it wouldn't be hard for me to transfer but I don't speak the language and with all the political unrest, I'm not sure how safe it will be for an American citizen. He is suggesting that I just stay stateside if I'm not comfortable and let him finish his studies in Egypt and when he's done in June next year he'll come here. I would love more than anything for that to happen but I'm afraid that he's just using me. He hasn't asked me for any money or anything or any type of support. It was his initial idea for me to move to Egypt but I'm not understanding the rush to get married. He is Muslim but he's not a practicing one. I know that in the Muslim culture you need to announce your marriage to family so that combined with me not wanting to offend his family by them thinking that I went behind their back and married their son doesn't sit well with me. Also, I don't want to trap him but I don't want to be used either and if we get married I want it to be recognized in Islam and legally as well. Even though he's not practicing I know that its an important part of his culture. He's very gentle and kind and is really a great person and I know that I love him and I believe that he loves me but I'm just not sure what to think. I hope that you guys will be able to help me. No negative comments please just honest opinions and a male from Islam who isn't mean or hateful comments will be really appreciated.
Do nothing that will be considered dishonest and without integrity to either family-
You are both young with your entire life ahead of you-
Complete your medical training and then do the honourable thing and advise your respective families-
It does not make sense that you are asked to marry in secret in Cyprus and then go to Egypt.
I find that suspiciius -
You will be in a very bad place and your standard of living will be a very unhappy one-
Tread carefully and be wise-
If he truly loves you and wants to commit to a lifetime he will wait complete his studies and then together you can decide where you want to live and practise medecine-
Do not marry in Cyprus- makes no sense

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#6 Sep 26, 2013
princesskenny wrote:
Here's my story:
He has asked me to marry him and although I love him deeply I would be foolish not to do research and look at things objectively.
He wants us to take a vacation in Cyprus in January and get married there. I'll be leaving the US and meeting him there and he will be leaving Egypt and meeting me there. I am looking forward to the vacation and spending the time with him, I am hesitant about getting married. I'll just be divorced and I don't think its a good idea for me to jump back into a marriage. I love and I do want to spend the rest of my life with him but I don't know if doing it so soon will be the best.
some family doesn't encourage their sons to get married from foreign because of differences between cultures and other thoughts

but if he seriously wants you, he will introduce you for his family, so i think he has no good intention

Vernon, Canada

#8 Sep 26, 2013
IL Principe wrote:
<quoted text>
...and this comes from an well known rapist.
STFU Tissekone3650
IL Principe

Aarhus, Denmark

#9 Sep 26, 2013
Spartan300 wrote:
<quoted text>STFU Tissekone3650
"3650".....you were munching so many sailors that you actually managed to write the numbers twice...
IL Principe

Aarhus, Denmark

#10 Sep 26, 2013
Spathazz is desperate defending his islamic husband - muhammed abdo....
Princesskenny

Highland Park, MI

#11 Sep 26, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>It doesn't matter. She is from Highland Park. Even Egypt looks good compared to that wretched sht-hole.
Thank you for your racist unwelcome comments. I actually live in Orchard Lake Village. I'm sure much more an affluent neighborhood than a person of your caliber could live. You should take your ignorance elsewhere

Vernon, Canada

#12 Sep 26, 2013
IL Principe"AKA
PISSOIRE PUBLIQUE-
'THE STUPIDEST ' ON TOPIX
RANTS.....-----
"3650"..... THAT WAS THE NUMBER---- munching so many Somali pirate sailors that I actually managed to break my record again''

SHAME!!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#13 Sep 26, 2013
princesskenny wrote:
Here's my story:
I agree with Spartan... you should first finish your medical school and start working... If he decide to commit to you .... he should be able to wait... He can take his USMLE at any time... is better if you are working than the financial burden of your begining of your life will be on you while he is preparing himself for the exam and the 2 years residency... Don't marry him yet...wait.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#14 Sep 26, 2013
Princesskenny wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your racist unwelcome comments. I actually live in Orchard Lake Village. I'm sure much more an affluent neighborhood than a person of your caliber could live. You should take your ignorance elsewhere
LOL! Fck you. Orchard Lake!
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#15 Sep 26, 2013
I can't believe I'm sharing the same world with people this fckng stupid. It's incredible.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#16 Sep 26, 2013
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>LOL! Fck you. Orchard Lake!
insult american women? LOL whats wrong with you?
IL Principe

Aarhus, Denmark

#17 Sep 26, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text>
insult american women? LOL whats wrong with you?
You are in dire need of actual brain activity.
Julie

Cairo, Egypt

#18 Sep 27, 2013
princesskenny wrote:
Here's my story:
The fact that you have doubts answers your question. You listed a whole bunch of things you aren't sure of. On all counts you are right. This isn't just a case of pre-wedding jitters. There is more than enough reason not to rush. Be fully informed on all counts before taking this step.
Sahit Mahmood

Greece

#19 Sep 27, 2013
Lol!Faithy fights even with her own compatriots!Whats wrong with you Faith?Cant stand that an American woman loved a 'muslim savage'?
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#20 Sep 27, 2013
Sahit Mahmood wrote:
Lol!Faithy fights even with her own compatriots!Whats wrong with you Faith?Cant stand that an American woman loved a 'muslim savage'?
Fckng West Side immigrants make me sick to my stomach.
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#21 Sep 27, 2013
Poor girl couldn't pick up a whkite guy with a good job. She trolls the internet for monkeys....

Princesskenny

Highland Park, MI

#22 Sep 27, 2013
Wow Faith and Sahit......way to show us the way. Your supposed to be an example and a positive example of Islam. Yet it seems that all you're doing is bringing shame. You guys help perpetuate the negative image that people have of the Islam/Muslim community. Btw, I'm not the immigrant. I live in my native county.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Egypt Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam Will Conquer Italy and the Entire West (Sep '10) 1 hr Huh 392,671
a New Egypte website 1 hr mamine 1
I love spathis because???? (Jan '11) 14 hr CantHideTheTruth 3,717
I need to find information on someone in Cairo,... (Jul '08) 20 hr Faith 391
Merry Christmas 20 hr Faith 6
The Arabs hate each other 23 hr Faith 3
Islum in Sydney 23 hr IL Principe 7
More from around the web