Cheap living costs make Ecuador ideal retirement destination

Feb 23, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: IBTimes

"We can't afford to retire in the United States," said Marcia, "and we don't really want to."Her husband, Jim, was recently laid off from his job as head of a family-run company in Texas.

Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Dec 6, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Frank

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Its culture bound people like yourself that damages the reputation of up and coming countries.You were probably looking for trouble, were hanging out in a shady environment and with shady people, you got your self in some trouble and know complain to people about how they treated you, stop being so ignorant, grow up and next time you go to a foreign country immerse your self in the culture there are millions of things to do and to experience in Ecuador.
Marco wrote:
Sadly many readers will be led to believe that Ecuador is a good retirement location from this location. What ISN'T mentioned is the Rampant Corruption (named one of the ten most corrupt countries in the world) which leads to many having to pay bribes, the necessity for being able to speak Spanish, the low quality of medical services (All wealthy Ecuadorians travel to the US even for simple checkups), and even the UN is scared of the low value placed on life here (one can hire a hit man for as little $20, and after they kill you justice is NEVER served). There is a reason it is called a Third World country. If you go there as a gringo everyone will assume you are loaded and expect bribes and try to extort you or even kill you to take your money. Scary place, do your research.
MrEnterate

Quito, Ecuador

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2012

This latino gringo is full of shit. I think should go back to gringolandia and drop dead.

Watch these two videos and make up your mind

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ShowChi-s

New Carlisle, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I live in a very small town about 100 miles from Chicago, Illinois. The crime rate here can beat yours anyday and the deaths by shootings make up 80% of the crimes add to that our real estate taxes are out of sight. What you paid in real estate taxes for the previous 13 owners of your home that you purchased I pay EVERY 6 months for my 3 bedroom 1400 square foot house plus my house payment! My retirement income is $1,200.00 a month. I'll take your taxes anyday. This is why I am moving out of the US. Staying here is not an option at least not for the next 4 years
gijorati

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

corrupted country yes but in the top 10 ?????
i don't think so....
Ecuador is a beautiful place to live, very nice people , beautiful weather, amazing views, cheap rent, food , what else do we need.
gijorati

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

completely agree with Frank...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Ecuador Forum right now

Search the Ecuador Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
bbm pins for sexting and swapping pics (Dec '12) 1 hr Cali 1,598
pin for girlz my berry 7E3EF7BF Jul 24 Ikyb 2
Up in Glasgow, looking for fun female only Jul 24 Ikyb 2
22AEF087. Add me up for fun and serious relatio... Jul 16 josh larry 1
Importing a cars to ecuador (Apr '08) Jun '14 Josh Thompson 104
Japan's Conspiracy Strategy Is Insidious (Nov '11) Jun '14 yasuo 20
bbm pins please girls only (Jan '13) Jun '14 Little E 38
•••
•••