Julian Assange granted asylum by Ecuador after U.K. threatens to storm embassy to make arrest

Aug 16, 2012 Full story: National Post 134

A supporter of Julian Assange holds a banner outside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London on August 16, 2012 as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange awaits the decision of the Ecuadorian Government on granting his asylum request.

Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#126 Aug 31, 2012
Eric the Australian wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hope you have perihperal vision - Do you also believe that world leaders, including your own should stand trial for crimes against humanity ? Many europeans believe that George Bush junior should stand trial for war crimes - on a purely objective level, I consider the accusation has merit.
What are you you? High? Of course not.
Yimmie Krack Korn

Sweden

#127 Aug 31, 2012
latin lover wrote:
<quoted text>
... maybe somebody will return Uncle Sam's horny toad.
The United Snakes IS a horny toad - soon to go into the blender and spun at high revolutions.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#128 Aug 31, 2012
Faith wrote:
<quoted text>What are you you? High? Of course not.
What you will find when you appear to be so self righteous ignoring world opinion is why the US attracts so much anti American sentiment. And NO its not because envy of America, its because it becomes the the US way or the highway.
This mainly occurs when the Republicans are in power and when you have a US president like Obama then he is in sync with world opinion. So much easier to negotiate co-operation. There will always be outsiders like China and Russia etc but that is not the end game.
For instance during the Libyan crisis who were first in there. The French, these are the guys who turned their back on Bush anytime he walked into a room. So that's a huge advantage for a start.
Had Wikileaks been left alone, who knows they might have recieved something from the inside from Russia or China exposing wide spread corruption. Then they would be wanting to hand Assange the US medal of honor. So it's horses for courses, there would be a huge push in US military that wants to go after Assange even though he was just a messenger yet not one of his so called leaks has lead to one single death. There are more Green on Blue deaths these days in Afganistan training locals for security who turn their guns on the trainers. Just last week Australia lost 5 soldiers 3 of which were shot while resting by the person they were training. This is the bs that goes on, and it's not just because someone insulted their culture in a lot of cases the Taliban have used mafia type tactics where they go into a soldiers villiage and threaten to kill his family unless he kills allied troops. Again most military experts blame Cheney who pulled forces from Afganistan during the Iraq war where the Taliban were totally disbanded and allowed them to regroup to start a new offensive.
No government would like their dirty laundry exposed but the point is if you are doing the right thing then what is there to fear.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#129 Sep 3, 2012
Yimmie Krack Korn wrote:
<quoted text>
The United Snakes IS a horny toad - soon to go into the blender and spun at high revolutions.
And I guess then down your throat. Nice try Annie. Now how did I know that it was you? Hmmm.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#130 Sep 3, 2012
one of the decent thread in Topix forum which attracts the attention of innocent participants.
I feel so sorry that these epithets are commercial
Freedom of speech.
Transparency
open democracy
Founding grandmothers constitution.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#131 Sep 3, 2012
"About the state, though, there must be no illusions. A nation that goes to war on fraud, that insists “We don’t torture” when evidence to the contrary abounds, that kidnaps foreign nationals and puts them on planes to be delivered to dungeons, that spies on its people, asserts its right to lock them up indefinitely and lets documented CIA torturers off the hook of accountability because they were only following orders: that nation will plot, and it will double-cross, and it will kill. Sweden participated in the US program of extraordinary rendition. The United Kingdom has threatened to storm Ecuador’s embassy. The United States now says it does not recognize the historic right of persons to seek diplomatic asylum. Assange’s lawyers have said that he will go to Sweden if he gets an absolutely firm guarantee from the Obama administration that it will not arrest him. Such a guarantee is impossible in an empire of lies."
http://www.thenation.com/article/169632/julia...
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#132 Sep 3, 2012
some of the intellectuals in this forum wish to cut the mustard with knife.
mustard cannot be cut with a knife
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#133 Sep 3, 2012
I have no idea about this Australian born person.
And i have no idea about the investigative journalism.

The fact is this.
One patriotic flag waving army kid is perennially tortured before facing the usual judgment according to the law.
This guy bought the files and made it TRANSPARENT.
But no one knows here in this forum about.........
System sucks
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#134 Sep 3, 2012
I had exposed my views about decency, decorum and democracy besides transparency.
I had also aired my critical observations about NYT; GUARDIN and DER SPIEGEL.
I had also exposed my ignorece about AUSTRALIA GB and Sweeden,
No more wishy wahy drivelling jibbering nonsense please.
Ramafuchs

Troisdorf, Germany

#135 Sep 3, 2012
Truth is naked.
Yimmie Krack Korn

Göteborg, Sweden

#136 Sep 3, 2012
Ramafuchs wrote:
mustard cannot be cut with a knife
Doch, doch! Senfgurken.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#137 Sep 11, 2012
Ramafuchs wrote:
"About the state, though, there must be no illusions. A nation that goes to war on fraud, that insists “We don’t torture” when evidence to the contrary abounds, that kidnaps foreign nationals and puts them on planes to be delivered to dungeons, that spies on its people, asserts its right to lock them up indefinitely and lets documented CIA torturers off the hook of accountability because they were only following orders: that nation will plot, and it will double-cross, and it will kill. Sweden participated in the US program of extraordinary rendition. The United Kingdom has threatened to storm Ecuador’s embassy. The United States now says it does not recognize the historic right of persons to seek diplomatic asylum. Assange’s lawyers have said that he will go to Sweden if he gets an absolutely firm guarantee from the Obama administration that it will not arrest him. Such a guarantee is impossible in an empire of lies."
http://www.thenation.com/article/169632/julia...
If that's how you feel then you better recognize and not f*ck with Uncle Sam because that's one fight you will lose and very miserably.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#138 Sep 11, 2012
latin lover wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's how you feel then you better recognize and not f*ck with Uncle Sam because that's one fight you will lose and very miserably.
Well lets see it that applies to the Navy Seal who breeched security disclosure in a tell all book. I wonder if he will be as popular as Assange on the wanted list. So there is hyprocrisy all round and thats all wikileaks ever wanted to expose.
latin lover

El Paso, TX

#140 Sep 11, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Well lets see it that applies to the Navy Seal who breeched security disclosure in a tell all book. I wonder if he will be as popular as Assange on the wanted list. So there is hyprocrisy all round and thats all wikileaks ever wanted to expose.
He'll probably get slapped upside the head a bit but he is a Seal so they'll have some consideration with him. But with his case it was more about wanting attention than being a traitor. I don't know how happy his buddies will be with him because he should've known better. I believe the reason for discretion is to protect yourself, family, and unit and by bragging he's probably put himself and everyone else in danger so he'll probably need the proceeds to go underground but judging by his actions, I don't think he'll take that route.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ecuador Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bbm pins hot and dirty (Sep '13) 1 hr Thecshow 66
bbm pins for sexting and swapping pics (Dec '12) 7 hr andrew 2,340
bbm pins please girls only (Jan '13) Thu cool fun boy 62
Snapchat names girls only add them here Wed Jakeeyy 10
night owl bbm pins Nov 24 stranger 7
Selling everything and moving back to USA, sadly. Nov 23 LoveEcuador 1
Robbed again in guayaquil, ecuador (Oct '08) Nov 23 Sur 13 Beat 15

Ecuador People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE