Julian Assange granted asylum by Ecuador after U.K. threatens to storm embassy to make arrest

Aug 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: National Post

A supporter of Julian Assange holds a banner outside the Ecuadorian Embassy in London on August 16, 2012 as WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange awaits the decision of the Ecuadorian Government on granting his asylum request.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of134
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ramafuchs

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Just a few words about this subject.
Der Spiegel; NYT; Guardian had given wide publicity about the wikki mikki lousy leaks.
The guy had been charged with the same sex offence like elsewhere.
Instead of Charging him for leaking some lousy sectrets he is charged with sex offence.
Another case in point in our highly intellectual society is about a different fate.
One cook is facing some charge about stealing the highly secret documents in Vatican.

I had a thread in this forum about civilization.
I follow this case with my special attention.
Ramafuchs

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Since I had spent a pretty long period in Australia i had expected not Murddac culture but this innocent guy's fate.
Australia had failed to find out the real reason of this Australian's fate but quick enough to preach sermons.
A sort of civilization indeed
Ramafuchs

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Mark Twain - an American - once asked the custom controlls in an air port with these words.
I have nothing to declare ( to pay customs duty)
except my honesty.
In an Information age no one can fool others.
Stone age culture is gone and burried
Ramafuchs
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

A person who was born in Hamburg tokk a small plane and landed in Moscow during the bringht day and his name is Mathias Rust.
Gorbatshove the noble prize person had used two words.
Glassnost
Perestroka.
The German wall had fallen..
Another incident is this.
Some 19 guys had plotted to shatter the image of USA by hyjocking four planes during the busy hours without any guns or WMD.
In an information age how long one should await to see the nacked truth?
well

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Ecuador granted asylum to a rapist.
Ramafuchs

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

my above expressions are still valid
and i need not pollute this Topix world forum with some kind of..........
Source

Aledo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

well wrote:
Ecuador granted asylum to a rapist.
And you know this for fact because you have inside information or because you are a product of British, Swedish American Government miss-information and propaganda.
Ramafuchs

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Cowards
consume-oriented nonentities

Flag waving justifiers.
Civilized people are not embedded journalists.

Those who are gutless and illegitimates are the perpetuaters of this banal system.
Count me out.Are there enough Toilets?
Ramafuchs

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Comrades.
i am well versed about the subject of smoking.
Monica's hidden part need not be the taste of the ex resident.
Am i insulting your intellectul acumen?
most of the parents are at fault to see the death of a continent.
i have no regrets for my ignorance
Ramafuchs

Köln, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Civilized people will uphold Decency
It decorum a product ?
my blood boils
Peter
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Source wrote:
<quoted text>And you know this for fact because you have inside information or because you are a product of British, Swedish American Government miss-information and propaganda.
My understanding is, that Julian Assange has never been charged, & is wanted by the Swedish police for questioning. The overwhelming problem here, is that nobody trusts the US government, & anyone with any gram of common sense, knows that the minute he steps on Swedish soil, the American Government will apply for extradition, & Sweden, like most European countries, cow tail to American pressure every time.
What annoys most Europeans, is that this extradition process appears to be one way traffic, & the odds of America ever extraditing an American citizen to Europe, is almost nil.
As for the British Government threatening to enter the Ecuador embassy to arrest him, i think we must have had a temporary blood rush to the brain. What on earth were the Foreign Office thinking of. If we did that, within hours, every tin pot regime like Iran, Somalia, Zimbabwe or Syria, would be in our embassy at the slightest excuse. It was a ludicrous think to say, & has only made things worse.
No matter what we think of Julian Assange, the system of Embassy sovereignty around the world must be paramount, & we must never play fast & loose with this. We do so at our peril.
I think we must rely on good old fashioned British diplomacy, & not the posh boy temper tantrums that we seem to get all the time now.
I think its extremely likely that Ecuador will now grant Julian Assange Ecuadorial citizenship, followed by making him a diplomat, & thus giving him diplomatic immunity, which will certainly ratchet up the tension, but we will have to see.
In my opinion, the answer is simple. America simply has to say it will NOT ask Sweden to extradite him, but we all know the answer to that dont we Hilary. LOL
Ramafuchs
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

let me expose my human thoughts about this Topix world forum subject,

Why the hell DER SPIEGEL
NYT
Gurdian journalists wish to perpetuate this CIVILIZATION?
i am game to face my death for my faulty ENGLISH.
Peter

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Ramafuchs wrote:
let me expose my human thoughts about this Topix world forum subject,
Why the hell DER SPIEGEL
NYT
Gurdian journalists wish to perpetuate this CIVILIZATION?
i am game to face my death for my faulty ENGLISH.
If i knew what you were on about, i feel sure i would agree with you.LOL
Anon

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

You have my Sword.
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Ecuador should take every step necessary to make sure he does not end up in amerikan hands! We need more people like Assange to reveal the truth about amerika's war machine!
Questions
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Has anyone ever thought . He may already be in Equador now ?
Is he Clever enough to have gone before the decision via a back exit ?
not a spychopath
|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Ramafuchs wrote:
Just a few words about this subject.
Der Spiegel; NYT; Guardian had given wide publicity about the wikki mikki lousy leaks.
The guy had been charged with the same sex offence like elsewhere.
Instead of Charging him for leaking some lousy sectrets he is charged with sex offence.
Another case in point in our highly intellectual society is about a different fate.
One cook is facing some charge about stealing the highly secret documents in Vatican.
I had a thread in this forum about civilization.
I follow this case with my special attention.
your obviously a soulless sociopath therefor your comments will be popular with your kind
Know Your Game

Fair Lawn, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

God Speed Mr. Assange
Go Blue

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

Source wrote:
<quoted text>And you know this for fact because you have inside information or because you are a product of British, Swedish American Government miss-information and propaganda.
Ecuador and yourself, both missguided....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2012

Judged:

The truth behind Julian Assange's plight in the UK which is coming to a climax. Both the UK & Aussie government have abandoned him in terms of letting the law be manipulated for another purpose. The UK gov threaten to storm the Ecuadorian embassy if he is granted asylum. They didn't even do that when Libyan embassy shot a british police officer on UK soil in the 80's. Yet they want to get Assange for sex without condom. haha How sic is that and still deny the US government is not putting pressure on in the background. If you could understand how trumped up these charges are then it is highly suspect. After all it was a US citizen that leaked the "light em up" video tape and all the embassy cables. Some credit wikileaks for the Arab Spring uprising which started following those leaked documents. But if he does end up on US soil then you find hackers around the world will do more damage to the US security than can ever be imagined. Either CIA or Military want his head on a plate. Doco below with the truth. All this parania yet not one US death or any of their Allies has been credited to wikileaks apart from the middle East uprising against dictators.
Doco below, this not a fox news beat up these journo's are like BBC they have brought down governments, exposed corruption & in 50 yrs have yet to be proven wrong on a story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of134
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Ecuador Forum right now

Search the Ecuador Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
bbm pins for sexting and swapping pics (Dec '12) 10 min salman saleem 1,555
pin for girlz my berry 7E3EF7BF Sun taaz 1
Up in Glasgow, looking for fun female only Sun Sam 1
22AEF087. Add me up for fun and serious relatio... Jul 16 josh larry 1
Importing a cars to ecuador (Apr '08) Jun 26 Josh Thompson 104
Japan's Conspiracy Strategy Is Insidious (Nov '11) Jun 24 yasuo 20
bbm pins please girls only (Jan '13) Jun '14 Little E 38
•••
•••