Haitian Migrants Forced Out of Dominican Town After Murder

Nov 19, 2009 | Posted by: forhaiti | Full story: www.laht.com

SANTIAGO, Dominican Republic - Residents of the northern Dominican town of Manga Larga went on a rampage against Haitians after a local man was slain by an undocumented migrant from the neighboring country.

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Jul 4, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dominicana

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

Get out Of my Country!!
pride to bee haitienne

Jonesboro, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2009

Judged:

just because yr country have something to give that dnt mean u have treat us this way.
how would u feel if american treat u like crap,
we bring money to your country we spend all money to study there is not free, so why dnt u think before u talk.dominica
Response to Haitian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

pride to bee haitienne wrote:
just because yr country have something to give that dnt mean u have treat us this way.
how would u feel if american treat u like crap,
we bring money to your country we spend all money to study there is not free, so why dnt u think before u talk.dominica
There are 2 million of your people in DR, don't you think that's enough!!!?? Your people dont stop coming to destroy DR and its natural resources, cutting down trees for charcoal is just one way you guys cause so much harm. Dominicans are sick of you dogs coming and destroying our beautiful DR just because your pathetic country cant take care of you. Now we have to deal with your low life citizens barging into the country adding to the poverty, competing with poor dominicans for jobs, overwhelming our housing, public schools hospitals etc. Thats right, your people enjoy all these benefits for free. You people are a curse that want to drag us down with you. Your woman come to our hospitals to give birth because stupid Haiti can't even get that right. I really hope Haiti falls off into the ocean so that DR can finally find peace in life and be free from this curse that has been laid upon us.
T-Reborn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

Haitians are scum pieces of shit! Dominican in the US are very businesslike people and we contribute alot to the US... Haitians, do nothing but waste our resources
Dominicana

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2009

Judged:

Why dont u stay in your crappy country!...
Candy

Nanuet, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

T-Reborn wrote:
Haitians are scum pieces of shit! Dominican in the US are very businesslike people and we contribute alot to the US... Haitians, do nothing but waste our resources
You say this about Hatians yet there are a large number of Americans that feel the same way about Dominican...
Response to Haitian

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

Candy wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this about Hatians yet there are a large number of Americans that feel the same way about Dominican...
Perhaps but americans also feel this way about puerto ricans, mexicans, iraquis, haitians etc. The difference is when everyone starts viewing you lowly. The whole world sees Haiti as the scum nation that she is, a pathetic piece of land that has failed and collapsed onto itself. One thing is to think lowly of something the other is to actually be low. Haiti is indeed a very low, embarassing country, it's not just a thought, it's fact. ;)
Candy

Nanuet, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

Response to Haitian wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps but americans also feel this way about puerto ricans, mexicans, iraquis, haitians etc. The difference is when everyone starts viewing you lowly. The whole world sees Haiti as the scum nation that she is, a pathetic piece of land that has failed and collapsed onto itself. One thing is to think lowly of something the other is to actually be low. Haiti is indeed a very low, embarassing country, it's not just a thought, it's fact. ;)
You say this but you are actually doing the same thing. I am pretty sure that you are not the spoke-person for "the whole world" to make such comment because I do not judge Hatians this way. To speak about a country politically is one thing but when judging every human being base on how a country is being govern shows the lack of empathy and understanding you have when making such statements.
raison

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

Judged:

Candy wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this but you are actually doing the same thing. I am pretty sure that you are not the spoke-person for "the whole world" to make such comment because I do not judge Hatians this way. To speak about a country politically is one thing but when judging every human being base on how a country is being govern shows the lack of empathy and understanding you have when making such statements.
.this is exatly what they cant comprehend,politicly haiti can be a mess but when it comes to the haitian people themselves,it another story.those unducated fouls have no clue about haiti.the fact that a large amount of uneducated poor haitiens come to their country looking for jobs that they wont do,make them put all of us in the same basket when we spend a fortune to send our children to school their country because of the insecurity they maybe causing in my country.they dont think that we're smart and intelligent as of every else but we are.we have a political problem in haiti but the entire world knows how smart and brillant an haitian can be why not the dominican.i am sure they know,because they listen or wash the news.
this year alone,there more then 14 haitians all over the world that been honored for their knowledges,but they're still ignoring it.we not gonna waste our valuable time on defendind ourselves to you people,we re gonnalet the time speak for us,that s all folks
DominicanA

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2009

raison wrote:
<quoted text>.this is exatly what they cant comprehend,politicly haiti can be a mess but when it comes to the haitian people themselves,it another story.those unducated fouls have no clue about haiti.the fact that a large amount of uneducated poor haitiens come to their country looking for jobs that they wont do,make them put all of us in the same basket when we spend a fortune to send our children to school their country because of the insecurity they maybe causing in my country.they dont think that we're smart and intelligent as of every else but we are.we have a political problem in haiti but the entire world knows how smart and brillant an haitian can be why not the dominican.i am sure they know,because they listen or wash the news.
this year alone,there more then 14 haitians all over the world that been honored for their knowledges,but they're still ignoring it.we not gonna waste our valuable time on defendind ourselves to you people,we re gonnalet the time speak for us,that s all folks
SAME TO YOU GUY... and about those kids that go to college in DR, i know some of them and yeah they are smart as many dominicans are...
Traveller

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2009

As a child,many times ,i was told BE NICE TO THE COOK !!

You get it ?
Haitians

Shepherd, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2010

Judged:

the Haitians. Why the hell are we as Americans sending so much
money and help to them? What the hell do they do for us? We
are in a major crises with peopling getting kicked out of their homes
all day every day in America, yet we are so quick to send millions of
dollars to a society that has contributed nothing to this world other
then disease, poverty and voodoo. I hope all you people sending money
over there can sleep at night knowing that you are helping out
worthless people and meanwhile some child in America is going to sleep
in the streets tonight because his parents got evicted from their
homes from those asshole bankers. You all need to get your priorities
straight.
hitler ss

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2010

Judged:

Haiti and the Dominican Republic are the same island, not two separate entities. They have a lot in common, I've met both, to me they are very brash, uneducated, ignorant and vulgar.
I love it when they slam one another, the pot calling the kettle black!
judson

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 21, 2010

Judged:

Dominicana wrote:
Get out Of my Country!!
stop the nonsense. we are all the same in this planet with our own problems. intelligent people seek for solutions while ignorant people fuel the problem.
Moderateur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

The Haitian Government has no respect for their own people. No protection...No form of contingency plans to rescue their own people. They rely heavily on International help to resolve their own internal affairs. There are so many Haitians crossing the border over to the Dominican Republic to seek somewhat of a better life but only to face fierce discrimination and rejection. I am Haitian, but as harsh as it may seem, I don't blame the Dominicans for expelling and deporting us back to our country.
The Dominicans have helped a great deal during the earthquake, and it is time now for the Haitian Government to do something for their people. That is by creating jobs and creating special incentives to get those citizens who have left after the earthquake back into their country. The Haitian Government should use some of the massive money received from the International community to open up some factories to give these people something to do inside their own country in order for them to earn a living and at the same time gaining confidence into themselves and eventually be proud of who they are and the history they represent as a nation.
Crossing over the border over to the Dominican Republic and giving up their own homeland as a lifeless piece of land is not the solution. The same piece of earth that is in the Dominican Republic is the same earth that is in Haiti. The Dominicans made it work for them; the Haitian should make it work for them too.
Thousands of Haitian mothers and fathers are sending their children into the Dominican Republic to attend the Universities. The fact is, you cannot learn in a discriminatory environment. The Dominicans are not that smarter than Haitians, but at least they make it work for them. They open their country for investments, which create jobs and infrastructures. The Haitians can do the same, but they are so caught up in being proud of their ancestral history that in the end they end up doing nothing.
Things they do well are fierce debates, on air arguments, tire burnings, fighting amongst politicians. Their radio stations play music all day as if their country is not in any urgent state. The politicians are not addressing or making it a priority to handle the dire situations. They are so many Haitians Radio stations in Haiti, such as Radio Carraibes, Radio Metropole, Radio Soleil, Radio National ect.. yet none of them take on the subject of “Deportation of Haitians from the Dominican Republic” seriously. No Politicians make any attempts to address the Haitian congress (if there is one..) to address this serious issue and seek out remedies for it.
Frankly I don’t think the authorities of this country understand the notion of being a nation. They all care for their own family and that is it! Most Haitian politicians send their own children to the United-States, Canada, Europe or to the Dominican Republic with a visa for their education. Because they know their country has nothing to offer. These politicians are also part of the problem; the Haitian government should block their visas and prevent their children also from traveling abroad, that way they will be forced to work hard, fix their country and not to rely on others. The whole country’s budget is based on International Help. The plan for the Haitian mass people is to get as much visas as possible to travel to the Dominican Republic and send their kids to school there….
Moderateur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2011

Continued....(from the previous post)
The Haitian mothers and fathers should stop bringing their children into the Dominican Republic in hopes of a better education. Those young children are too much exposed to discrimination by the Dominicans. Haiti has a good education system too, instead of giving up on their own country by going to the Dominican Republic, they should stay in their country and press their Haitian government to help them and create a working and stable environment for them. If you want to have a future in your country, that is where to start. Crumbling another country by giving up on your own and bring all of your burden along with you to them is not the solution.
Haiti has received so much money after the earthquake and will continue to receive so much more, some of that money should be put also toward taking back those poor people living in the bateys and in the poor streets of Santiago and elsewhere in the Dominican Republic and bring them home by creating jobs for them. Haiti used to have a sugar cane industry named (HASCO), which used to provided thousands of jobs to local Haitians, but this whole industry was dismantled with collaboration of corrupted politicians like (Lesly Delatour). Those large scale industries that can create jobs in the country should be restored.
It is so amazing that they are so many bright and intelligent Haitian people all over the world, yet their country still remains one the worst country in the western Hemisphere. The problem is All young men and young women in Haiti has one thing in their mind, leave their country to go the United States or other country abroad. After the earthquake, many of them simply go the Dominican Republic because it is so close and because their border is so porous. If this trend continues, the country sooner or later will have no one inside of it capable of forming a decent government (if they are not already there at this point).
The Dominicans should continue taking aggressive actions to send those Haitians back to their homeland, because sooner or later it will be too late and there will be massive bloodshed on the streets where Dominicans with machetes and guns will be going around their country on a killing spree expelling Haitians from various barrios from their homeland as history dictate us. The Haitian Government should take their responsibility. It is always better to teach someone how to set a net to catch fish then to simply provide them fish.
Haitians should leave the Dominican Republic before the Dominicans’ independence Day, which I believe is on February 27, because there may be many attacks on Haitians from Dominicans who believe that their country would have been farther ahead had they not been occupied by Haitians....
peace

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Judged:

Dominicana wrote:
Get out Of my Country!!
no!!! americans wont tell you to get out of the country in the usa when you dominicans do crime. if you have a good justice system, than put this guy in prison like everyone else. besides, all dominicans are haitian decent.

Since: Feb 11

Topeka, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2011

Well thanks for produsing 89% of the hookers in world maybe if u were doing somthings productive but sitting around playing baseball and pimping ur girls haitiens would not be a burden. I m saving some pesos to have agoodtime thanks ur doing a goodjob and haiti will allways be there unlike ur country that belong to the italiens and spain. Oh the germans. No pride u sold ur country long time ago. Its belongs to everybody.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

if it hurts Haitians have no heart
Metis Sister

Ottawa, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Judged:

I read the first comment "Get out of my country".....lolololololo l well let me tell you all...that if I were to say that, I could cause I am in my country, the country the white man stole. If you tell me that, I will build a teepee in your back yard!

So stop the ethnic finger pointing children and let's all get along!!!

Governments across the world want exactly that...that we fight so hard against eachothers cultures, religions etc... look with your eyes closed and your heart open!!! FEEL & CARE we are all brothers and sisters

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Dominican Republic Forum right now

Search the Dominican Republic Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
where is the large half somali half yemeni popu... Jul 22 shuaib 1
Do Dominicans want to be White! (Sep '11) Jul 21 Joel 132
Why Do Most Dominicans Dislike Haitians? (Aug '12) Jul 21 Joel 74
why do black people always try to claim dominic... (Sep '12) Jul 18 juanalupe 71
ˇCanadá necesita a inmigrantes! (Jul '07) Jul 15 Andres 1,138
Get Your wishes fulfilled,Money,Fame,Lottery,Lo... (Nov '11) Jul 14 Priya 10
is there racism in the dominican republic? (Feb '10) Jul 4 Betrayed 189
•••
•••