Anti-Haitian Bias Rooted in Dominican History

Taino Indian girls decorated for Carnival celebrations in the Dominican Republic. Full Story
Real Talk

London, UK

#13004 Mar 1, 2013
God made mankind different races so that they would recognise that. The Black race was the first race that he created. The Bible, The Quran, Science and hidden history confirms this. The Black race has given so much to others and not been recognised for it, but the last man on Earth, the white man has created a system which keeps him on top and all of his forefathers squabbling amongst each other. His system of divide and rule has worked so successfully, that despite your common points which would bring peace you squabble over issues which only bring further enmity. Meanwhile the white man is laughing, counting his bankroll on the way to the bank from your folly.
Educated Haitian

United States

#13007 Oct 5, 2013
HAYTIAN PRIDE wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank's for the advice Slim!
Brother, since the age of eight my nother had told me about the massacre of Haitians by Trujillio, and in the same sentence she told me about my uncle picking up his rifle to cross over the border to get them. At the same time I walked to the next room to ask my uncle if it was true, that he had gotten his rifle to cross the border in order to get them. My uncle looked at me said "yes" he did, but the Haitian government forbided any one to do anything about it.
Listen brother, my great-great grandfather participated in the war of indepence. Now, I can't stand ignorant Dominicans with their distorted history by a psycopathic president to come here and tell me what they know is all the truth their is. And, the worse thing is that this president's grand fuc--king mother was HAITIAN on the top of it.
I know this post is old. However, unfortunately Haitian fighting other Haitians helped create the D.R. so don't let Trujillo's somewhat ancestry surprise you. Haiti is in this current hole because of this Haitians vs Haitians mentality. Also be patient with the ignorant Dominicans they were brain-washed. Their schools still teach those myth as historical facts. So expect it in their leaders and scholars because they went to the same schools. They just don't know, so to them Haitians are enemies. Some even bleach their skins to look white while their features say otherwise. This is sad and it is a psychological stage called "denial" that you are experiancing from them when you confront them with proof. It's like telling an adult that their beloved parents aren't their real parents and that they were not adopted either. That could probably be true but it sucks!

Since: Apr 13

San Francisco, CA

#13008 Oct 6, 2013
Sadly most Dominicans suffer from self hate,they detest their Black ancestry and love all things Spain.They consider all things African ugly and all things European beautiful.
Tomcrazy

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#13010 Oct 7, 2013
Adam Fiore wrote:
Sadly most Dominicans suffer from self hate,they detest their Black ancestry and love all things Spain.They consider all things African ugly and all things European beautiful.
Bulls*t that's not true
Marie

Kearny, NJ

#13013 Oct 15, 2013
A-Rod wrote:
So you want every Dominican person to say they are of African roots, What about the one that aren't black or dont have African root. Should they also say they are Afro-latino like you said.
You see i have a problem when people try to put us Dominicans as the enemy. We are aware of are roots, and we all know we are a mixe people, we not stupied we can see what we look like. However, it does not mean we are all of African
decent. When you say Dominican, is like saying America, where the people came from every place in this planet. Still to this day people are going there.
So dont let all this political BS get you confuse.
some of us are black some are much dark the
others, Asian, Arabian, and European decent. Just to show you that we are not all of African Roots. So you cannot expect for every Dominican to say they are of African roots.
<quoted text>
What about the Haitians In haiti that don't have black blood.
Va te faire le pompier

North Augusta, SC

#13014 Oct 17, 2013
Educated Haitian wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this post is old. However, unfortunately Haitian fighting other Haitians helped create the D.R. so don't let Trujillo's somewhat ancestry surprise you. Haiti is in this current hole because of this Haitians vs Haitians mentality. Also be patient with the ignorant Dominicans they were brain-washed. Their schools still teach those myth as historical facts. So expect it in their leaders and scholars because they went to the same schools. They just don't know, so to them Haitians are enemies. Some even bleach their skins to look white while their features say otherwise. This is sad and it is a psychological stage called "denial" that you are experiencing from them when you confront them with proof. It's like telling an adult that their beloved parents aren't their real parents and that they were not adopted either. That could probably be true but it sucks!
First, Haiti never helped STO DGO or Dominican Republic. Haiti has always tried to destroy and eliminate STO DGO/DR (1801, 1805, 1822, 1845, 1849 and 1855)!

Just because Trujillo possibly had Haitian blood does not imply his attitude, loyalty, love, and thinking process was PRODOMINICAN!!!! In DR, is your state of mind and attitude (besides ethnicity) that makes you Dominican. In no way, idiot like you can make inferences like that!

Ulisses Hereaux who had Haitian blood, did work on behalf on Haiti and in fact, Ulisses sold the towns of San Rafael, San Miguel de la Atalaya, and Las Caobas to Haiti without the consent of the Dominican Congress. The debt DR got from Ulisses led to the European (the lenders) to invade DR in 1912!

Fking Haiti, when they got their independence (1804), the first thing they did was to invade STO DGO, a region that hosted people who had been there since 1493 and they had a culture and language completely different and hostile for the Haitian to think that STO DGO was an extension of them.

Dominican has as much European blood and African as Taino. Dominican have the right to be whatever they want to be. If Dominican reject African value, that is their right! FCK ALL OF YOU! The European birthed the Dominican in the early 1500's!!!

Fking Haiti, they are birthing 114,000 Haitian every year and that birthing at that rate has created an imminent danger to the whole island: There are 11 million Haitian in just one third of the island. So they export misery (uneducated, sick and evil people) to others. This overpopulation is irresponsible and the UN must find a way to curb the Haitian sexual reproduction. Haiti must be destroy or the whole island will become a human disaster!
Va te faire le pompier

North Augusta, SC

#13015 Oct 17, 2013
Adam Fiore wrote:
Dominican have the right to be whatever they want to be! No one can tell them you are this or that! FK you! The European birthed the Dominican in 1500's and the Dominican were mulatto way before 1801!!

There are 89 million African descendant in Brazil, a few million more in Venezuela/Colombia/Panama, and a bunch in the Caribbean and in the US! Thus in a way, the African will take over the America and who is the FCK taking over central and southern Africa? NOBODY BUT THE KONGS!
rachel

Asnières, France

#13016 Oct 29, 2013
Brothers and sisters gotta wake up to the fact that we in the dominican republic are majorly of african descent, just like Haiti, Jamaika, Barbados and the rest of the carribean countries. In the dominican republic we need to stop the bullshit romancing of people being indians. That is not true, maybe 10% of the people living in the dominican republic may have some very distant taino blood. Most don't most are obviously of african descent, just walk down the street of any dominican city and you will see that. Is there mixes? Yes, same thin in haiti, there are mixed haitians but that doesn't take away from the African base of our dominican culture. We must stop acting like house negros, and de-brainwash ourselves from that mentality.

i m agree with u
Dumb-minican

Jamaica, NY

#13017 Oct 29, 2013
Hitler grand parents were Jews. Guest what he killed millions of Jews.

Trujillo grand mother was Haitian. Guest what he killed over 37,000 Haitians. But, one thing is clear Germany does not go ignorant about the facts on history. DR is still ignorant even about its own complexion, don't even talk about history if you can't figure out where you came from, before your Spanish master brought you to Saint Domingue(name of DR translated by the French who owned it after they kicked Spain's ass in a war in Europe. France got it through a treaty after the war, in turn Haiti owned the DR after Haiti kicked France's ass in in the war of independence in 1804 )
TomCrazy

#13018 Nov 5, 2013
There's something that the Haitian diplomacy and NGO's are not taking in account when they're attacking the Dominican Republic...
The DR has learnt to live in peace with its neighbor and legal or illegal Haitian immigrants that live quiet with its families in the Dominican Republic, these people has access to our schools, universities, health and works. But I´m sure that if they continue the massive attack to DR in international forums, they can dust off an old patriotic feeling that could trigger great problems against the haitian immigrants in DR. That's already happening right in this moment......
K_Duchatelier

Houston, TX

#13020 Dec 1, 2013
Herve Duchatellier wrote:
Haitians hate their own. You should watch your self in a mirror before accusing everybody to hate you.Any Haitian feel more comfortable outside their ethnic group than inside,why?
It is because, like the name say it so well,you hate your own "Hais les tiens", that's why you guys will never evolve.You always want to put down one of your own because he have a lighter complexion than you,you feel complexed. You want to destroy another because you jealous of his social success.
Haitians always have a good reason to hate a fellow Haitian.
All of what you just said is pretty ironic since it sounds like you're a Haitian who hates Haitians. You speak from no relevant application of social consciousness, and more so from some purely persona rhetoric of hate for your own people. I bet you say this around your non-Haitian friends in order to justify you presence. It's sickening. You have no facts or resources, just vomiting vitriol and a rhetoric of hate. Most Haitians DON'T hate themselves, but clearly you do. I know the Haitians in my family love Haiti and visit frequently. But maybe you don't know them.
La_creta_Dominic ana

#13021 Dec 4, 2013
YEAHHH !!!! Dominican Republica is finally free of haitians !
Luis

Waterbury, CT

#13024 Dec 30, 2013
YTJ from New Jersey wrote:
Truth be told, the problem with many Dominicans is that they do not wish to realize a few things:
1. Yes, most Dominicans are of African descent. The only ones that aren't are the 1 or 2 % that have been racist enough to ensure that no one in their families ever married a dark skinned individual before.
2. Many Haitians hold a grudge against Haitians because Haiti ruled the Dominican Republic for 22 years. But what most Dominicans do not understand is the role Haiti played in ending slavery on Earth! Because Haitians fought and defeated the French Army after a 12-year war (1791-1803), the end of colonialism on Hispaniola, in the Caribbean, and eventually in the entire WORLD was brought about. It is thanks to Haitians that all dark skinned individuals do not have shackles in their feet this very day!!! If anything, all dark skinned persons, including most Dominicans, should learn some Haitian history and thank Haitians for the sacrifice they have made to get them out of slavery. Did you know that more than 50% of the population of Haiti died under swords, bullets and cannons of white French men, fighting to end slavery?! After defeating France, Haiti conquered DR only and I mean ONLY because on the other side of the island, most Dominicans WERE STILL SLAVES of the SPANISH PEOPLE!! And so by taking over the island, Haitians were able, with the help of the Dominican slaves, to kick out the white Spanish slavemasters! Haiti ruled island for 22 years because the Dominican people were not yet capable of defending the island, and to ensure that slavery would never again exist on Hispaniola.
3. Also, realize that while many Dominicans hate Haitians for ruling their country for 22 years, when Dominicans finally kicked Haitians out in 1844, they chose to go back to Spanish rule. Do you know what happened then...?? Spain reinstated slavery in DR!! The very thing that so many Dominincans, alongside Haitians, had given their lives fighting against, was brought back. Surprised anyone? And so, truthfully, Dominicans should really celebrate their victory over Spain.
4. The majority of Dominicans are black. Most of those are poor. The small "white/mulatto" population of DR owns most of the resources. That rich minority has got the entire Dominican population brainwashed into thinking that Haitians are the root of their problems. Get real!! It is the same exact thing here in Haiti: the 5% mulatto/white population holds 70-80% of the resources. The only exception is that Haitians always see through their ruse: they cannot be fooled into thinking that their poor social status is due to black Dominicans or some other reason. That is why Haiti is usually in so much turmoil: Haitians are a very socially and politically conscious group of people. That is why there has been an even distribution of Black and Mulatto presidents in Haiti, as opposed to DR, where most, if not all, of the presidents have been either white or mulatto.
Anyway, just to let you know. I am Haitian. I love my heritage, and I will never give it up for another. I can promise you that one day, Haiti will not in its current situation. I guarantee it. My message to all Dominicans out there is to realize the truth, stop lying to yourselves: you are AFRICAN, and only the REAL truth will set you free. To my Haitian people, we will make our nation a better place. Anything is possible. We proved it once, and we will do it again.
Much love.
.. we the Dominicans are 80% mulato which is a mix of black and white or Indian..the haitians are 90% pure black because in more than 400 years they haven't mix with others cultures, first because the language, second the religion (vudu) or Vodo and third their dictators they had during all these years..and for 22 years Haitians invaded our country and rules the Dominicans in a miserable way that it hasn't been forgotten for generation but a Haitian will never say anything about it...of course !!!
Dominicanito

#13027 Feb 3, 2014
"No one, neither small nor large, violates Dominican Republic’s sovereignty " was president Danilo Medina’s warning during an emotional and energetic speech at the Summit of the Latin American and Caribbean Community (CELAC).

It was Medina’s response to statements from some leaders of Caribbean Community (Caricom) countries, accused the country of racism, discrimination, and of violating human rights.

He reiterated Dominican Republic’s aperture to cooperation from other countries in the ongoing talks with Haiti, but insisted on always respecting its national sovereignty.

"Our country has made it clear, from the first day, its total openness toward international support to implement this process, and we’re conducting it thusly. "I must also point out however that as the free and sovereign State we are, I don’t accept from no one, neither small nor large, violates our national sovereignty", explained.

Medina also noted that neither before nor after the Constitutional Court handed down its ruling on nationality, the Government hasnt incurred or will incur in discriminatory practices, or rights violations.

"This is a question of principles, and fundamental for me and the entire Cabinet, and we will not allow them to be put into question. We therefore will not accept false testimony which put this issue in doubt," Medina said.

"Earful" for Gonsalves

Slamming Saint Vincent & the Grenadines Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves’ criticism of the ruling, Medina said "he has gone far enough" and told him to govern his country, and “allow us to govern in Dominican Republic."

He said issuing residence and nationality corresponds to sovereign States, and that as a State, "we don’t accept anyone else, absolutely no one, to play with Dominican sovereignty."

Visibly defiant, Medina warned that on the day he has to decline sovereignty as President, then he doesn’t deserve to be the President of the country.

Solidarity with Haitians

Medina reiterated that Dominican Republic has provided the most support to Haiti’s people, as evidenced by the nearly one million Haitians in his country living.
Dominicanito

#13028 Feb 3, 2014
The magistral Danilo Medina's speech defending the Dominican Republic's sovereignty from Caricom and Haiti. Well done Mr. President !!
Hispaniolan

Miami, FL

#13029 Feb 3, 2014
While PM Gonçalves attacked the DR his government expelled 5 Haitian citizens from its territory.This is a good case of double moral standards.
Just like the mulatto elite that has misruled Haiti since Independence ,has hated his poorer fellow citizens and has always looked East to keep sacking the Haitian coffers and get rid of the poor Haitians.
We are well aware of this machination in Santo Domingo.This is not a matter of race.This is a matter that we are two DIFFERENT countries.And everybody has to understand that!

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#13030 Feb 3, 2014
Hispaniolan wrote:
While PM Gonçalves attacked the DR his government expelled 5 Haitian citizens from its territory.This is a good case of double moral standards.
Just like the mulatto elite that has misruled Haiti since Independence ,has hated his poorer fellow citizens and has always looked East to keep sacking the Haitian coffers and get rid of the poor Haitians.
We are well aware of this machination in Santo Domingo.This is not a matter of race.This is a matter that we are two DIFFERENT countries.And everybody has to understand that!
Correction- NOBODY has to understand it. We do WTF we want to do in our house.
petionville ayiti

Long Branch, NJ

#13032 Mar 31, 2014
Lebwa will punish that side of the island too, and support white supremacy and think they are better because they have the blood of the enemy in them!!!! WHITES WILL NEVER EXCEPT YOU FULLY LONG AS YOU HAVE AFRICAN BLOOB BUT GOD WILL ALWAYS PROTECT HIS CHILDREN( BLACK RACE), THE MAN HE MADE IN THE IMAGE OF HIM THE BLACK MAN, READ THE BIBLE THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT THE BLACK MAN THAT IS WHAT ISREAL IS THE BLACK RACE!!!!!!
New Black Panther NY

Bronx, NY

#13033 Apr 14, 2014
AL from NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I just wanted to add my two-cent.
It is true that Dominicans are a mixes people,
Most of the point being brought up here might be true,
We are really the same people some decide to adopt the French language,
The other decided to adopt the Spanish as they language.
Now my point is this should we just let Haitians to come illegally into our country?
Every country has they Immigration policies why can Dominican Rep enforce theirs.
Work together as Two countries from the African diaspora.
Practice Pan-Africanism
Read up on the accomplishments of Marcus Garvey
Dominicanito

#13037 Aug 9, 2014
New Black Panther NY wrote:
<quoted text>
Work together as Two countries from the African diaspora.
Practice Pan-Africanism
Read up on the accomplishments of Marcus Garvey
We already have our country The Dominican Republic very different than Haiti and Dominicans are hugely different than Haitians, we don't need Haitians or Haiti, so we don't have to work together.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dominican Republic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dominicans are ALL BLACK!!!! 6 hr Yaya 7
I am Dominican, not black (May '12) 6 hr Yaya 300
Why Do Dominicans wish they were White? (Oct '11) Sep 28 yodanyrd 858
Arrested Catholic Archbishop's computer contain... Sep 28 Sol 1
Are dominicans woman easy or just hard up for $... (Mar '12) Sep 26 Jack 33
Why do Dominicans Practice Witcraft Voodoo Wicc... (Mar '13) Sep 25 jose 26
Racism Causes Young Suicide (Mar '13) Sep 17 Nobody 10

Dominican Republic People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE