Are Black-Dominicans racist toward Whites ?

Posted in the Dominican Republic Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tourist

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2009

Judged:

Are Black-Dominicans racist toward White tourists ?

Do they look at White tourists as easy targets ?

Do they see only dollar signs at the sight of white skin tone ?
DOMINICANPRIDE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

What are u talking about? are u planning to visit DR? or WHAT?
DOMINICANPRIDE

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

Judged:

Many White tourist like u say, visit the dominican republic every year. if u hang out in a bad neighborhood u will be an easy target no matter what color u are or nationality.
Tourist

Mississauga, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

Judged:

DOMINICANPRIDE wrote:
Many White tourist like u say, visit the dominican republic every year. if u hang out in a bad neighborhood u will be an easy target no matter what color u are or nationality.
If i hang around in a bad neighbourhood somewhere in the D-R how will they know i am foreign if i am Black like them ?
But if i hang around there (or anywhere in the D-R) with White skin-tone they spot you as a target and a dollar sign.
DominicanPride

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

Judged:

Like I Said: if u hang out in a bad neighborhood u will be an easy target no MATTER WHAT COLOR u are or NATIONALITY.
DominicanPride

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

Judged:

And they Dont sport you as Target cause you are white. For your info, the dominican people it is not as black as african or african decent, there are white and mix people in the Dominican republic if you didnt know.
As well, many foreigns live in the dominican republic, LIKE ARGENTINIANS, SPANIARDS, GERMANS, ITALIANS.. SO I DONT KNOW WHAT IS UR POINT... IN ALL THIS
norman

Nonthaburi, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Judged:

All Dominicans are see foreigners as a walking ATM machine. All they want is to take advantage of u.
DominicanPride

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

Judged:

Norman learn to speak english...

And stupid you if you let people take advantage of you, if you didnt know that is not a Dominican Thing, is a Human thing... ignorant...
norman

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

DominicanPride wrote:
Norman learn to speak english...
And stupid you if you let people take advantage of you, if you didnt know that is not a Dominican Thing, is a Human thing... ignorant...
Since you are so smart and u call yourself Dominican Pride, what exactly you are proud of? what the DR has really to offer other than Merenge, bachata and women? in most of the world Dominicans are not welcome and can not get visa
DominicaPride

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

Well it looks like you dont have pride of your country, im proud of my country sucker cause i love it, just like you love your children not matter what, so dont be stupid please, dont you love your country?
And Our country is more than Merengue and bachata idiot.. We Have Culture, history ( the first university of america, the first city of the new world,)Rich food, a beautiful island with beautiful beaches, and rivers, etc, so if you want to know more about my beautiful island do yourself a favor and get a book and read or go visit DR. I dint know You have been around the all world and see for yourself that dominicans are not welcome in MOST part of the WORLD WOOWW, what a silly person you are i have to laugh at ur nonsenses hahahaha. Well as far as i know about the visa thing, it doenst have to do anything with the dominican people if not about your status, since we are not development country like "USA, travel to this country is more difficult, BUT We can travel without visa to many countries if you didnt know so do your homework better, so you dont find yourself talking shit in the internet with another person you dont even know..
norman

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

U know I have lived in the DR for 3 years and u r a typical Dominican: bla bla bla and full of shit
DominicanPride

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

Bla bla bla is what you are doing, what? you dont have what to say anymore...Because i shut ur stupid mouth sucker..

you are the one full of shit, if you dont like DR so much what are doing there?
ChrisTheBest

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2009

Judged:

Ok Ok, let me intervene you ignorant people. Dominicans are a mixture of people from Spain, Natives of the Island (Tainos), and Africans that were brought by the Spaniards.

It was tough back then, but now it is a beautiful race and have a beautiful culture, something which many people in the USA lack.

See, the problem here is, in the USA, people are watching the world through a black and white Television. I feel sorry for these people because I and most of the rest of the world see the Universe through a Color LCD High Def TV :) In the USA, life is all black and white. Both of which have no culture and traditions other than what they got from Macy commercials. However, in the Dominican republic, they do not have a Black and White world, they live in a country where no matter what skin tone you are, they share the same culture, traditions and language and are Dominican and that is that.

So, please keep the Black to White and White to Black racism where it belongs in probably the most arrogant and ignorant country of the world the USA. Not to say all of the USA is like that, I am not, but then again I grew up in a very diverse neighborhood known as Queens with immigrant parents.

What it comes down to in the end is that in any bad neighborhood in any part of the world, whether you are a tourist or even someone from another neighborhood, watch your back son! Nothing to do with your skin tone, its being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Oh and the VISA issue is because the truth of the matter is that DR is a 3rd world nation economically and therefore if it were wide open for any country, everyone would leave for a better life. Therefore, the governments do not welcome Dominicans easily because of this, but that does not mean the beautiful and warm people are not.

Open your minds and eyes and lets just all be welcoming to each other :)
Diegosantiago065

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2009

I hate these topics. I'm Dominican/black period I'm black decendant of African ascestry. I am what I am. No whites aren't seen as ATMs to us. There is racism but it's mostly from the whites who don't like the way we look
msalvado

Great Falls, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2009

Ok, here is my 2 cents on this... I am Dominican- light skin. Lots of times I feel left out. When I say Im Dominican, they don't seem to have interest in speaking with me. I've gotten lots of cold shoulders for no reason at all. I think they do discriminate against whites. Like they say "esa es de los blanquitos". They have an inferiotity complex when it comes to their color!
African Darkie

Lake Jackson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

If Dominicans are " not as black as african or african decent" why are they even black? Where does the dark color come from?
BLACK AMERICAN PRINCE

Singapore, Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2011

Judged:

Black Dominicans wish they were white so badly that they cling to every drop of white blood they have in their veins, proud that their great grandmothers were nothing more than cumbuckets for wealthy white Spaniards - the real Dominicans.

Black Americans are mixed as well, look at Beyonce,Keri Hilson, Ciara, etc. but the difference is that we don't go around bragging about it, we don't really care. Dominicans say they don't see things in black and white but are the first to yell and scream at the top of their lungs how their great-great-great grandfather was a white Spaniard, while Black Americans never even give our white ancestry a thought, because black or white we are still American.

Dominicans are pathetic blacks who wish they were Hispanic/Latino when everyone knows that real latinos are white or white/indian. They are just the slaves of Latinos.
osas aka haterz killer

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2011

OH please spare me all these bullshit about Dominican republic black and white issue, listen people! roots means nothing to me because my mama told me the history back in the days that Dominican republic people are different from each other. Example about the white and black or light skin issue, any Dominican people who doesn't look mixed or proper black is nothing than slave trade transformer.My mum explain to me that the roots of latin are from Indian, Africa, Spain etc. Matter of fact I am not even a full Dominican, my mum is from la vega and my dad is nigeria edo state so you fools should hide yourself if you think dominican are not Africa.
mariana

Wildey, Barbados

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

why you fcking africanamerican always on dominican shit. Why? Because ur boy/girl friend mama did not like you? I would date any culture but africanamerican. I rather date an african than u fcking mental_judgemental freaks americans
osas aka haterz killer

Birmingham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 25, 2011

chitowndj38 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you talk about black americans!!!!!! You envy us because we are relevant to the rest of the world. Where you come from....no one cares. We made major accomplishments in which your contry has not. You are still trying to discover how treat your water in order for people to be able to drink. I bet you throw toilet paper in the garbage as oppose to flushing it down the toilet. LOL!!! So before you ungrateful foreigner/island trash want to degrade black americans...look in the mirror. It would be a upgrade for you to be considered on a black american's level. LOL!!!!
Bro that what I am talking........ you are a real G, keep it up

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of50
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dominican Republic Discussions

Search the Dominican Republic Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ˇCanadá necesita a inmigrantes! (Jul '07) Jul 10 joseph naveros 1,137
is there racism in the dominican republic? (Feb '10) Jul 4 Betrayed 189
From immigrant to MP: Three politicians reflect... Jun 30 engaging audiences 1
Why Do Most Dominicans Dislike Haitians? (Aug '12) Jun 30 Esteban Correa 72
From immigrant to MP: Three politicians reflect... Jun 29 already 1
Do Dominican men make good husbands? Not!!!!! (Mar '12) Jun 29 Latinaesmivida 150
Vatican ex-ambassador convicted of sex abuse Jun 29 Abu Mohammed 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••