jc diaz

United States

#937 Oct 9, 2012
Why is it that people always make everything about race, I was born and raised in the Dominican republic, i'm black in skin color and i'm proud of my African heritage just the same way i'm proud to have a Spanish last name. You guys need to grow up and start minding your own business,if other people deny their heritage its none of your business. Do your thing and stop paying attention to what others do. GROW UP!!! That was for all races.
Jenny

Palm Bay, FL

#939 Oct 12, 2012
I notice this post while I was doing some research. I happen to be an American (born and raised) with a haitian background. The thing is that here in the U.S. black is black. it does not matter how light or dark you are, if you have black blood in you then you are black. That is just the way it is. What is wrong with having dark skin? What is wrong with look African? it is ugly to have dark skin? I think this all goes back to the slave days and how the white man put in our heads lighter is pretty, and better, which is not true. what matter the most of what is in your head, education. That is what matters, and I must admit that Dominicans do have a problem admitting their African history, it is like it is a sin.and I have heard that they blame the Haitians for their dark skin,( which is not true because the island was one country at some point and there were African slaves in Dominican Republic) I even heard that the woman do not like leaving curly hair on their heads because they do not want the "African" to show so they straighten their hair. here is the link http://www.miamiherald.com/multimedia/news/af...
So I think what African american Prince is saying is that in the U.S. Dominican are black, and that is just the way it is. It just so happen that they speak spanish.
dominicanpride

Providence, RI

#940 Oct 13, 2012
Ok whoever created this is an idiot bcuz u obviously know nothing about DR. I was born in DR with dominican parents and everyone in my family and in my neighborhood are all white skin in my hometown.almost all wf green eyes.more than half of the Dominican population is white so u obviously know nothing. btw many people confuse my family as Columbian. but we all act very dominican so shut the fuck up! Ute e un pendejo! coņo!!!
osa aka Naija boy and DR

Sutton Coldfield, UK

#941 Oct 16, 2012
dominicanpride wrote:
Ok whoever created this is an idiot bcuz u obviously know nothing about DR. I was born in DR with dominican parents and everyone in my family and in my neighborhood are all white skin in my hometown.almost all wf green eyes.more than half of the Dominican population is white so u obviously know nothing. btw many people confuse my family as Columbian. but we all act very dominican so shut the fuck up! Ute e un pendejo! coņo!!!
Who give a shit if you guys have red skin colour?!!!!
Sal

Bronx, NY

#942 Oct 19, 2012
RomanticStyle1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Right again you can even see videos of desperate ass mullatos claiming to be "less" black and taking the dominican title which I find stupid because most dominicans are viewed/seen as black. I'm nigerian,egyptian,mexican,pana maian and spainard those are just nationalities im black/indian, have no self-haterd what so ever I have coarse hair and got dreads never had a perm only hot oil treatments perms damage hair overtime seen that with a few friends of mine. Its too bad they are taught to hate themselves and are racist to eachother. My mom has experince racism with dominicans they bashed her for having a black man's baby which is me after finding out I'm her daughter and all her other children don't "look" black like me. Those dominicans couldn't stand it why I didn't have self-hater I even wore my hair in a fro before when I had dreads done they said I look better with a weave sterotype much? Its sicking no matter what you will always be seen as black look it you will be seen as it. Deny it all you want its still there.
Lol, why did you delete the video I posted of you, RomanticStyle? As a matter of fact, you deleted all the videos in your channel that had you in them. I guess even you realize your ignorant prattles are fucking stupid and are ashamed of showing your face, eh? It's too bad, I wanted to show everyone that your face is as ugly as your personality. LOL, look at what a shitty artist RomanticStyle is, guys. LOLOLOLOL, my advice to you: Don't quit you day job, pleb.

&fe ature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

yardboi

Valley Stream, NY

#943 Oct 25, 2012
No the Haitians killed your slave masters Dominicans fought and spilled your blood to oust the Haitians so that you could return to Spain. Get the history straight
yardboi

Valley Stream, NY

#944 Oct 25, 2012
According to the Genome project ethnicity studies 97% of all Dominicans are of African decent. So obviously half of the republic cant be white since only 3% of the population are free of African blood. DR is not the only island state involved in this kind of selective racial memory. 80% of Jamaicans claim black as their racial Identity but Genome study showed only 60% of the population are of African ancestry and only 20% are of any where near pure African ancestry. Its all part of reaction to slavery and the dictates of the Master class on society
dominicanpride

Providence, RI

#945 Oct 27, 2012
yardboi wrote:
According to the Genome project ethnicity studies 97% of all Dominicans are of African decent. So obviously half of the republic cant be white since only 3% of the population are free of African blood. DR is not the only island state involved in this kind of selective racial memory. 80% of Jamaicans claim black as their racial Identity but Genome study showed only 60% of the population are of African ancestry and only 20% are of any where near pure African ancestry. Its all part of reaction to slavery and the dictates of the Master class on. society
Well ik. Many Dominicans that are really white in skin color like pale white. And if u check out most Dominican models are white skin almost al Miss DR's are white skin so you don't know what ur talking about
osas aka DR boy

Sutton Coldfield, UK

#946 Nov 2, 2012
dominicanpride wrote:
<quoted text>
Well ik. Many Dominicans that are really white in skin color like pale white. And if u check out most Dominican models are white skin almost al Miss DR's are white skin so you don't know what ur talking about
He knows dumbass!!! then why my skin look black like (omega or monkey black)
dominicanpride

Providence, RI

#947 Nov 3, 2012
osas aka DR boy wrote:
<quoted text>
He knows dumbass!!! then why my skin look black like (omega or monkey black)
look "dumbass" i never said tht there r no black dominicans im saying tht there are a lot white dominicans too all throughout the northern part of the country. im saying this cuz these ppl got a lot stereotype
porter Rican

United States

#948 Nov 3, 2012
I thinks all races are good i love all of my p.r people i love all my black people and love all my d.r people a nd i am a puerto rican woman and i love all races keep your head up and be strong no one is above no one esle but god..
StopHatred

Baltimore, MD

#949 Nov 4, 2012
I'm Dominican and like many of you have already said, I have light skin complexion, good long hair and light brown eyes.@ the guy who created this post: I just stumbled upon your post and read a couple of comments getting the gist of your post and I have to say that in my 16 years of living I have never seen such ignorance and racism. Do you realize that your ancestors (since you say you are African American) fought for this exact kind of behavior to stop? You should be ashamed and disgusted with yourself. I have never met a Dominican who wanted to be white, we are proud of our skin and our heritage. Now, I'm sure there could be some who wish to be, after all I dont know the entire Dominican population. But I assure you that while there may be some Dominican's who wish to be white, there are also tons of Black, African American people who also wish the same. Take Nicki Minaj for Christ's sake, that women wears wigs and tries to appear with a lighter skin complexion than she really has. Shall I name more? And you say we're not hispanic? Well I guess that means that you aren't American. After all you're family line didn't start in America. You roots are in Africa yet you call yourself American, and no one is telling that you can't. Some of our Dominican roots are African or European but that doesn't mean we aren't hispanic. And just like you have the right to call yourself African AMERICAN. I have the right to call myself Hispanic, because that is what I am. You obviously have a lot of issues going on, and probably a lot of time on your hands to say such ignorant things.
I hope you can someday control that hatred that has obviously taking over you. Sincerely, A young teen hoping that my future and my children's future is not filled with such prejudice and hatred.
P.S God bless you. And I'm sorry if this is confusing or grammatically incorrect, Its almost 2 in the AM and i'm writing from my phone.
Sal

Valley Stream, NY

#950 Nov 7, 2012
yardboi wrote:
According to the Genome project ethnicity studies 97% of all Dominicans are of African decent. So obviously half of the republic cant be white since only 3% of the population are free of African blood. DR is not the only island state involved in this kind of selective racial memory. 80% of Jamaicans claim black as their racial Identity but Genome study showed only 60% of the population are of African ancestry and only 20% are of any where near pure African ancestry. Its all part of reaction to slavery and the dictates of the Master class on society
Why do so many of these idiots lack basic reading comprehension skills? Or are these people just selective reading for the sake of enforcing their agenda? That study you were referring to states the 90% of Dominicans have African ancestry, meanwhile 98% also have European ancestry. Now your stupid ass is probably wondering how that is even possible. Perhaps you're even thinking these results are based on two separate populations? Well, let me spoon feed you the answer, you pleb: There is an ancestral racial overlap in the Dominican population, meaning most of us have a notable amount of both Afro and Euro ancestry. It's simple as that. Studies are also showing at least 40% of Dominicans also have Amerindian ancestry as well, which makes us a multiracial ethnic group with varying degrees of racial admixture.
stopthelies

Hilton Head Island, SC

#951 Nov 7, 2012
Dominicans are Indio.
Whittie

United States

#954 Nov 13, 2012
In America Hispanics are not view positively. They are seen as Illegals and outsiders. Just stay away from America.
Whittie

United States

#955 Nov 13, 2012
In America Hispanics are not viewed positively. They are seen as Illegals and outsiders. Just stay away from America. No more illegals!!!!!!!!!
osas aka edo boy

Sutton Coldfield, UK

#956 Nov 14, 2012
stopthelies wrote:
Dominicans are Indio.
hahahahahahhaaha im not indian, never will i be. all my friends call me black.......
Lil Lala

United States

#957 Nov 15, 2012
BLACK AMERICAN PRINCE wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Dominican trying to play up their "Euro admixture" even though most of them look like Haitians. If Dominicans are so "Euro admixed" then why do so many of them bleach their skin to be lighter? Real mixed people (like Puerto Ricans or Brazilians) don't have to bleach themselves for light skin. I read somewhere that Dominican Republic has the highest rate of skin bleaching in Latin American, hmm I wonder why, probably because you guys are so dark and want to be light like REAL Latinos.
Face it, most latinos consider you "los negros" and not real Latinos. Even when you come to America most people look at you as black, not Latino because you do not look like REAL latinos, who are light brown to white skinned.
Why are you so bitter and cruel? Thinking that you are so much better than dominicans and anybody in that matter? Do you remeber that it was your kind working on the fields? Being abused and enslaved? How come you can be racist towards us and defend yourself like you have every right to be? What does it matter to you if someone wishes to be lighter? Im a dominican woman and I'm pale. Very pale. I wish to be black but I bet you wish you be lighter. And all these stastictics. If you have all this information why bother? You only came here to start trouble and gain attention. You are anything but an american prince because if you are a proud afro american then you understand racism very well. Dominicans are humans you idoit. If you claim us to be so bad and horibble then should I bring up the typical stereo type of africans? And if we are poor then how fucked up are you to judge us for something we can't control? Obviously Africa is doing do much better than us -_- remeber asshole we are related because at the end of the day whether you like it it my people don't we are african.
We just have a liitle more ethnicty than your sorry butt.
Joe

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#960 Dec 10, 2012
This is stupid! I moved to the dominican republic few years ago and all the friends I have are white. There are people of all races here. Even asians who are now dominican!
Joe

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#961 Dec 10, 2012
yardboi wrote:
That is a lie! Dominicans from the north region are mostly white and some with close european blood (immigrant parents) most of them never mix up because of racism. Blacks are most likely to be found in the south and east, yet there are whites and blacks and MIXED throughout the country!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dominican Republic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are dominicans woman easy or just hard up for $... (Mar '12) 14 hr lalalala 35
Anti-Haitian Bias Rooted in Dominican History (Mar '06) Wed romance 12,329
Spain celebrates Columbus, descendants defend h... (May '06) Wed clickjogos 67
why do black people always try to claim dominic... (Sep '12) Dec 12 Princess 75
Dominicans are ALL BLACK!!!! (May '14) Dec 12 Princess 10
I am Dominican, not black (May '12) Dec 12 Princess 307
Now I Understand Puerto Ricans (Apr '12) Dec 12 Princess 35
More from around the web