I am Dominican, not black

Posted in the Dominican Republic Forum

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 120 of290
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brandon

Jonesboro, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Dec 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

This entire conversation is completely silly. What I've gathered from reading the various posts is that people (no matter what race you or other people think you are) are whatever they are genetically made of. If you're 40% African heritage and 60% Spanish, then that's EXACTLY what you are; you're neither completely "black" or "white". I think it's completely ridiculous for people to be ashamed of what you are or to judge other people based on their race/ethnicity. I'm a "black" American that also has European ancestry, nontheless, I don't have a unique culture. I wasn't raised with an African culture or a European culture, so placing emphasis on either is pointless. All that I have is an American culture, so I'm just like anyone else here in the USA. I would love to look exactly the same as I currently do but have a DR culture/ethnicity; that would make much much more unique, so you should be proud of what you have and stop whining about it.
Hola mama

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Jan 3, 2013
 
I'm white,black,and Native American and you bitches sound ignorant Dominicans have more African ancestry than most African Americans you guys are black as fuck with curly hair have you been to the Dominican Republic cuz all I see running around if Afro-Dominicans go ahead and believe what people are teaching you about your ancestry go ahead take a DNA test and hit me up when you get the results tell me where your DNA traces back then we can have a debate about something
A person with sense

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Jan 8, 2013
 
You sound dumb as hell saying i am dominican i am not black. Dominican is a nationality & black is an ethnicity . You could still be dominican and black or white or latino . Before you post foolishness GO TO SCHOOL
dr home boy

Sutton Coldfield, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Jan 10, 2013
 
A person with sense wrote:
You sound dumb as hell saying i am dominican i am not black. Dominican is a nationality & black is an ethnicity . You could still be dominican and black or white or latino . Before you post foolishness GO TO SCHOOL
Im DR and im black 4 life, BIG UP TO MY AA BOYS:)
Roberto

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Jan 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Black is a race and Latino is an ethnicity. In regards to race, Dominican Republucans are predominantly Black, but they have some White in them. In regards to ethnicity, they are Latin Americans. Black and Latin American are not mutual exclusive. I think the best description would be Afro-Latinos, but thats my limmited opinion. What matters the most is what they want to call themselves.
I am Mexican, wait, Im Mexican-Ameeican. Im just American. No wait, Im Chicano, or better yet Latino. No no, I am actually Hispanic, or am I Spanish? Well, perhaps I am Caucasian, but maybe Aztec. Mixteco? Lmao. Get it? Fuck all the labels besides the one we give ourselves.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Jan 16, 2013
 
Spark wrote:
Hey,
I am Dominican and call myself Latino. I don't have fat lips or nose, don't have nappy hair and I look Mexican. I reside in Europe and when I met my Spanish teacher for the first time he said 'You look 'Spanish'(this is the way some Latinos call other Latinos) before he knew who I was.
Why should I call myself 'black' because some AA c*nt with issues on the Internet said so? And yes like most Latinos (sorry but even Mexicans have got like 3-5% black in them) I have some black in me (probably less than 10%).
It's true there are a lot of blacks and mulattoes in the DR but claiming all are is just as dumb as saying all Americans are white. And yes I am sure there are some Dominicans that are black or half black and don't want to be called black. My dad even told me a funny story about his black friend that had in his passport something like "dark Indian".(And I agree it's pretty stupid to do so) When you think about it some half blacks that don't want to be called black makes sense. If they were born in a Latino region, speak Latino language and share Latino culture and just because they are part black they don't want to be called black because they have never had any African culture in them (yes Latino music/food has some African features but rather insignificant)
You never see white people going around other people are white, or Asians trying to claim anyone who at least partly resembles them. On the other hand why AA try to claim other peoples? It's like if I had HIV or something I'd subconsciously (although would not probably admit it) want other people want it too. Same is if I had an F at school I don't want to be alone. Seems like you guys think black is a 'curse' and since you don't have any culture or achievements on your own you want other people feel the same. I am sorry since ancient Egyptians were most likely black (so much proof when you look in it) but even them got whitewashed so most people think they were aryan or 'dark whites' at most. By subscribing into this type of thinking you're automatically subscribing to white supremacy thinking.
Instead of looking up to people like Malcolm X so many black people have these idiots like Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj or puppet Obama. These guys are purposefully chosen by whites to keep you in your ignorant position. I suggest that by investing time in yourselves will pay off much more than going around on the Internet claiming everyone is black so you don't feel that bad about yourselves. I also agree that it is very stupid for anyone especially non white (Latino) to be racist against blacks. Here in Europe everyone would be a victim of such abuse.
This guy http://www.topzine.cz/wp-content/uploads/2011... is for example always racially attacked in the comments, frequently called the n word and when he was starting to rap he said that many times people purchased tickets just so they could heckle.
The thing with color should not be even a problem but because most dominicans look black peoplw call them that.

Dominicans look like thwy could be from the tuareg, ababda or even from eritrea
. Many blacks have different feaures because we decend from different tribes.

I am from eritrea my father is from habeesha and mother ababda.

You dont have to have big lipsnor be dark with naopy hair to be black.
If you choose to not identify with black and be a latino which is what u are because all latinos are mized either european indian or european and african than thats whatbyou are.

Where i come from dominicans would be black. Because they come in different shades and their hair is like ours either curly or loose curls . But african americans have different look than the africans in the horn well some of them.
But we are all human
Tensopioshsjaush s

West Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Jan 16, 2013
 
Benzo wrote:
F that Dominicans aren't black that's like taking a cup a pure milk dropping a grain of cocolate in it and calling it cocolate milk .... It doesn't look like cocolate milk or even taste like it ... So why would u call it cocolate because somewhere deep inside under a microscope u might find that one grain ?? Forgetting about the other 99%? Yea that makes sense ...
.
Y so racist? I hate when white looking Latinos say they're not white. But Hispanics can be white just like they can be black. What's confusing us is the definition of black. Most ppl refer blacks as AA but that's not true. Ppl say I'm black and I'm Dominican and I don't go crazy I AM black. I'm a black Latino. Just like Demi lovato is a white Latino. She's white and I'm black. That's just the skin. But our heritage is Latino. GET IT???!!!!!
Tensopioshsjaush s

West Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Jan 16, 2013
 
A person with sense wrote:
You sound dumb as hell saying i am dominican i am not black. Dominican is a nationality & black is an ethnicity . You could still be dominican and black or white or latino . Before you post foolishness GO TO SCHOOL
Word!!!

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Jan 16, 2013
 
Hola mama wrote:
I'm white,black,and Native American and you bitches sound ignorant Dominicans have more African ancestry than most African Americans you guys are black as fuck with curly hair have you been to the Dominican Republic cuz all I see running around if Afro-Dominicans go ahead and believe what people are teaching you about your ancestry go ahead take a DNA test and hit me up when you get the results tell me where your DNA traces back then we can have a debate about something
lol foreal though, im from eritrea but to mee seeing them they look like africans from the horn, some have straight loose curls tight curls some are light some are dark

they may not be west or congo black but they certainly are ethnic looking
Mother of 50-50

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Jan 20, 2013
 
Thank you for what you have stated about the 50/50. I married a Dominican and I am 50/50 African American and Indian. I am proud of who my parents are and the fact that I am able to embrace both of thier cultures. So with that being said my husband and I over the years have taught all our kids about both thier backgrounds regardless if its traveling to Dominican Rep. or my ethnic background. I am proud of the Latino and also the African American side. I don't have big lips, my hair may be a little off not nappy but tangle but I love who I am. To any of you, you can contiune to not accept who you are, white, black, blue, you are who you are regardless if you skin tone a little bit darker then tha average spanish person. When people meet my husband they automaticly assume he's black til he starts talking but does it bother him? No because he is aware of who he is without having to express or show it..The problem in this country is to many people are worry about th color of thier skin, how thier hair flows, please be yourself and sure of who you are..
latinfrmanhatin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

The US has been around 250-300yrs. Dominican for over 500 yrs. Who the hell is anyone from the US especially from the portion of the US population that was held in ignorance for 200 of their years to tell Dominicans who they are racially or ethnically?
We Dominicans are a tri-racial people in our majority, approx 70%, with a 16-20% white minority,(not 1% as a black Dominican posted earlier) and 9-11% pure black minority. Among the 70% mixed and 16% white population there are varying degrees of Taino strain. From recent studies taken the Taino strain was present in 15%-60% of the population of different towns and villages. So the argument many Dominicans (approx. 90%) may have at being called a "black" nation only, may stem from this fact. We are not a white, black or indigeneous nation only, we are all three together. We have less social obstacle to inter racial unions than most nations on this planet. So stop trying to pinhole us into your narrow parameters of racial identity.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#121
Jan 23, 2013
 
Roberto wrote:
Black is a race and Latino is an ethnicity. In regards to race, Dominican Republucans are predominantly Black, but they have some White in them. In regards to ethnicity, they are Latin Americans. Black and Latin American are not mutual exclusive. I think the best description would be Afro-Latinos, but thats my limmited opinion. What matters the most is what they want to call themselves.
I am Mexican, wait, Im Mexican-Ameeican. Im just American. No wait, Im Chicano, or better yet Latino. No no, I am actually Hispanic, or am I Spanish? Well, perhaps I am Caucasian, but maybe Aztec. Mixteco? Lmao. Get it? Fuck all the labels besides the one we give ourselves.


Black is not a race either, they all come from different tribes.
Like me im fr eritrea but im ababda and habeesha.

Africans in the americas are mixed . they decend from the congo and igbo trines of west africa.
The blacks in americas the majority dont look anything like them because they are mixed.
Gennett

Flowery Branch, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Jan 26, 2013
 
This group of people is in denial, Mexicans,Dominicans Republicans and Puerto Ricans.
you can't change your African Ancestry blood line whether you except it or not. It's in your gene. Be
true to yourself.you've been in denial for too long.
you're not going to get excepted more or less by the White race, Because all they see is the darkness of your skin.Some of you may have straight hair that doesn't make the white race except you people as one of them.Why this group of people consider themselves to be black when applying for public assistant/welfare I find this to be very offensive.When applying for Jobs/employment with excellent pay and benefits this group of people race change from black.IS this
group of people playing the Black and White game
when it's convenient for them.
platanita

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

dominica vida wrote:
I am 100 dr. And i am often confused as being black!!! It erks me... i am not dark skinned, nor is my hair nappy" ... i get offended when peopple assume. No, im not a racist. But i wish ppl would get that shyt straight!! Nothing on me looks black" .. some ppl in da u.s.a are just plain pendejos i swear...
amen ma!!!!
punjabi dominicana

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Jan 26, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

latinfrmanhatin wrote:
The US has been around 250-300yrs. Dominican for over 500 yrs. Who the hell is anyone from the US especially from the portion of the US population that was held in ignorance for 200 of their years to tell Dominicans who they are racially or ethnically?
We Dominicans are a tri-racial people in our majority, approx 70%, with a 16-20% white minority,(not 1% as a black Dominican posted earlier) and 9-11% pure black minority. Among the 70% mixed and 16% white population there are varying degrees of Taino strain. From recent studies taken the Taino strain was present in 15%-60% of the population of different towns and villages. So the argument many Dominicans (approx. 90%) may have at being called a "black" nation only, may stem from this fact. We are not a white, black or indigeneous nation only, we are all three together. We have less social obstacle to inter racial unions than most nations on this planet. So stop trying to pinhole us into your narrow parameters of racial identity.


round of applause....(whistling) ancore!!!!
DOMI23

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Hay si somos negros, blancos lo que sea! Lo importante es que somos de un pais que esta lleno de gente hermosa no importa el color! Yo estoy orgullosa de el color que tengo y del pais en el que naci DOMINICAN REPUBLIC! Y el que no este orgulloso que se deje de llamar dominicano a si mismo y EL/ELLA SE LO PIERDE! Sientanse orgullosos del color que tienen no importa de que pais sean y dejense de vainas thanks… if you speak spanish you'll understand!
Jay

Nanuet, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
Jan 31, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

platanita wrote:
<quoted text> amen ma!!!!
Since you Dominicans you have no identity don't you think it's embarassing for any human being who don't even who they are.you are like a catle who lost in a vast and an open plain,if you go in the southern part of this country you will find how the white southerners will look at you and still continue to say your usual shit I'm Latino,I'm indio,or I'm a mulato,please don't let them find in any rural section part of Alabama after 8pm on the street you will see how fast that they will put that fucking noose in your neck,you will realize that you were black,too late you will be already dead for being stupid,as far I'm concern 95% dominicans are black,please accept yourself for what you are.
Rick

Goshen, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
Feb 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Thank you wrote:
Sorry to break it to you, but Dominicans ARE black. You may have been brought up with Latin culture, but your race is still black. However, you two are both so ignorant - which is made very clear from you comments about big lips, big nose, and nappy hair - that I just wanted to take the time to THANK YOU for not claiming to be black.
dude wtf im a white dominican so since you say dominicans are black im black to? So even if a white person has 2.1% of asian in them there automatically asian? You are the arrogant one look at our history trullijo was a dictater that would kill hatians to erase any forms of african culture since you assume such things im going to ASSUME all americans are dumb
John

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129
Feb 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dominicans are confused. They are more black than even the US president. Keep bleaching your face with a dark neck and hands. Good luck
Jay

Nanuet, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Feb 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Soledad O'brien called herself black,Suzane Malveux also called herself black,why the stupid dominicans denied who they are.The great Adams Clayton Powell,probably the most influatial black politician that ever served in the U.S Gongress,always acknowledged that he was a black man,this man was much lighter than 80% of most Dominicans who don't even know who they are,that's mean the Haitian heroes who saved them from their white masters (Spain) most be crying in their graves.No other group will ever praised their former masters,except Dominicans who think that slavery was a good thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 120 of290
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dominican Republic Discussions

Search the Dominican Republic Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ˇCanadá necesita a inmigrantes! (Jul '07) Jul 10 joseph naveros 1,137
is there racism in the dominican republic? (Feb '10) Jul 4 Betrayed 189
From immigrant to MP: Three politicians reflect... Jun 30 engaging audiences 1
Why Do Most Dominicans Dislike Haitians? (Aug '12) Jun 30 Esteban Correa 72
From immigrant to MP: Three politicians reflect... Jun 29 already 1
Do Dominican men make good husbands? Not!!!!! (Mar '12) Jun 29 Latinaesmivida 150
Vatican ex-ambassador convicted of sex abuse Jun 29 Abu Mohammed 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••