Allentown to celebrate Dominican Republic independence day

She settled, albeit gratefully, for a flag-raising ceremony hosted by the city of Allentown, usually on the closest Sunday to the holiday on Feb. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
silly rabbit

Bethlehem, PA

#22 Mar 10, 2009
HistoryDominican wrote:
I have many American friends in the Dominican Republic. They celebrate their own American festivities in foreign land.
Most of you are ignorant and do not know your own history. The United States sent the marines to Santo Domingo, illegally and carrying arms from 1916 to 1924. In 1916, the peasantry fought back, but they lost. The Americans took their lands for pennies (they changed the land tenure system) and installed 16 sugar cane mills. They brought Haitians to worked in the sugar cane because Dominicans refused to work for pennies in the land that was taken away from them. Today, i/3 of the sugar cane production in the DR is american owned, a residual from 1916.
They formed an Army and left a dictator for 31 years, whom they supported and trained. Read "The Americans in Santo Domingo, a book in english written in 1928, by an American, melvin Knight. Read about the Nicaraguan invasion and the three generation of Zomosas that American installed. Read about Panama. It was part of colombia, and they divided the country to built the canna. Read Mexican history. They took half of mexican territory, and many mexicans found themselves from one day to the next invaded.
In 1965 they sent 42,000 Marines to the DR and killed 3,000 Dominicans. Read the first edition of the Latin American Working Group, from Canada. the picture and documentation of the invasion went around the world. Americans are hated in many parts of the world because of their invasions and greed.
Reading this column makes me sick. This land was taken unlawfully from the indigenous people of this continent, and now, Europeans that came to invade the land thank god for the bounty they stole from others, and asked immigrants from countries colonized by their armies, to go back to their countries.
Racism is rotting your minds.
this is why they come to this country and commit crimes against americans. there is a family living the american dream next to me, they are buying a house through there sister wile being on welfare and sucking off the system, and destroying the neighborhood buy makeing it look like the dr with garbage thrown off the porch wile mometa is watching.
Nueva York

Stamford, CT

#23 Jun 11, 2009
silly rabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
this is why they come to this country and commit crimes against americans. there is a family living the american dream next to me, they are buying a house through there sister wile being on welfare and sucking off the system, and destroying the neighborhood buy makeing it look like the dr with garbage thrown off the porch wile mometa is watching.
Is that the best argument ignarace, fear & loathing allows you to come up with? You ARE a silly rabbit!
Sra Guevara

Miami Beach, FL

#24 Jul 12, 2009
First of all Allentown is one of the slummiest places in P.A. look at the satistics, crime rate very high, demographics state that shay-whitey has a small percentage there, I agree with the other post read your American History, the Americans stole from many.

Remember the quote what goes around comes around, white pride has been taking things away for years now look who has come back and is taken over the land, it was just a matter of time.
The Dude wrote:
This is just what a broke city needs. More lowlives turning the city into a bigger garbage dump than it already is. Who is going to pay for the clean up? Who is going to pay for the added police protection?
I want a WHITE PRIDE parade in Allentown. I want it paid for by the thousands of welfare mooches from the various "islands" that choose to disgrace America with thier presence.
This is total fu#king bullsh!t.
The Dude

Bethlehem, PA

#25 Jul 13, 2009
Sra Guevara wrote:
First of all Allentown is one of the slummiest places in P.A. look at the satistics, crime rate very high, demographics state that shay-whitey has a small percentage there, I agree with the other post read your American History, the Americans stole from many.
Remember the quote what goes around comes around, white pride has been taking things away for years now look who has come back and is taken over the land, it was just a matter of time.
<quoted text>
If you could read a statistic properly you would notice that the CRIME HERE IS COMMITED MOSTLY BY LATIN SCUM!!!

Read A history book?

Here is the condensed version for you.

The White man came and took what he needed to build the GREATEST NATION the world has ever seen.

How's that for history, you lowlife?
meghan

Fairfax, VA

#26 May 19, 2010
you are a stupid rat bicth
cody-rico

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Jul 27, 2010
If dominicans were not in the usa then there would be more jobs for the LEGAL citizens of this country and a dominican independence day is also known as the platanoe independence day USA USA
Dominican Allentown King

Bethlehem, PA

#28 Aug 12, 2010
No F-U Mind Your Own Business Homie
snowman Bath PA wrote:
If you, like those that desire to celebrate,cinco de mayo or st patricks day or columbus day etc because you miss your homeland, GO HOME. I am very happy to enjoy my days the FOURTH of JULY, MEMORIAL DAY, and VETERAN'S DAY. If you like your holidays and miss your homeland GO HOME .
Dominican Allentown King

Bethlehem, PA

#29 Aug 12, 2010
Que Viva La Republica Dominicana!!!!!!!
LOL

Philadelphia, PA

#31 Aug 12, 2010
LOL! Judging by the comments here, America is doomed! I think you guys are right...

So the question is this: Where do we go from here?
REalism

Jamaica, NY

#32 Jul 28, 2011
Dominicans are the worst race of hispanics, they are the drug cartels of the east coast. THEY ARE INVADING PUERTO RICO, DESTROY THAT NATION.
Fitus T Bluster

Winter Park, FL

#33 Jul 28, 2011
Michelle wrote:
you're just jealous
b/c without dominicans america would suck :D
america sucks with them.
Joel

Hagerstown, MD

#34 Jan 28, 2012
All these stupid racist people are funny, I am Dominican and I celebrate Dominican independence day, the 4th of july and other celebrations, also I have travel all over the world with my company and in Israel, jordan, saudi arabia, United arab emirate , germany in all these countries Americans celebrate their holidays and they are NOT TOLD TO GO HOME.. So grow up silly racist kids, this world is getting smaller by the day, more people traveling
Joel

Hagerstown, MD

#35 Jan 28, 2012
I recommend all these haters to travel a little, go to the Dominican rep , go to the German, Russian, american communities there in Punta cana and other places and you will see them celebrating the 4th of july , veteran day and other celebration from each countries and no one there say.. GO HOME.. same thing happends in Europe when American celebrate their holidays...
A-Town Observer

Reading, PA

#36 Feb 2, 2012
Dominicans learned to leach of the welfare system from the puerto ricans and might be better then them at it (thats real bad). They flood Allentown with cocaine and they launder money for criminals in DR. This is the real facts and people who are dominican have the same mind set of puerto ricans, that if someone states facts about the majority of there race, then they get mad and ignore it or point the finger in another direction. They say they dont like puerto ricans but they act as bad and trashy as they do. Most are just mad because puerto ricans are US citizens and they need green cards. Again, I am just posting facts.
David fernandez

Allentown, PA

#37 Jan 26, 2013
I do celebrate American holidays but I also love and won't forget my gorgeous homeland it sucks to have so many negative people's insulting our Independence Day the same way we respect yours have some respect for ours don't be ignorant and give us DOMINICANS the same love we give AMERICANS when they go to my country and yes I do celebrate July 4th I'm not an American but I do respect every nationality we are hard working people's that try to make the best wherever we are much love USA and I'm proud to be DOMINICAN.
David fernandez

Allentown, PA

#38 Jan 26, 2013
U a whole bunch of idiots respect so you can be respected

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dominican Republic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I am Dominican, not black (May '12) Fri iyanna 310
Are dominicans woman easy or just hard up for $... (Mar '12) Dec 22 Michael 36
why do black people always try to claim dominic... (Sep '12) Dec 22 Leonardo DiPartlow 77
Anti-Haitian Bias Rooted in Dominican History (Mar '06) Dec 17 romance 12,329
Spain celebrates Columbus, descendants defend h... (May '06) Dec 17 clickjogos 67
Dominicans are ALL BLACK!!!! (May '14) Dec 12 Princess 10
Why Do Dominicans wish they were White? (Oct '11) Dec 12 Princess 864
More from around the web