Sal

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2012

Would like to know if any one knows what group or singer To a song with an up tempo beat it goes titititi titititi titititi. Some thing like that lol. Don't know if this is the place to ask but running out of options. Thanks
rob

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2012

Latin Hispanic whatever we call it its us don't let any other race separate us & you be a leader not a hang on. If you notice they do tell us a lot about us through there raceism and it is our fault we let the whites & blacks do what they do and we let them because we let them we are cowards and do not stand as one look at the blacks & king Indians & gauntlet we had Chavez but king used him to meet his goals look at cisnero in San Antonio if we fight amongest each other argentian Mexican puerto rican Venezuelan then we cant cry for what we are or what we get do it legally. Dont let them put you down get educated work be a man or la be a family dignity honour respect family country law love your family yourself God participate in sports government stand as one don't let anyone control you think for yourself
Geto

Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Here is one I have found. Let me present you this.
www.amolatina.com
Its something closed circle and to some open dating site and meeting site for latino people. Just to add if you are interested in start what you will find at the site is that, most of people search for those in Cuba and Mexico there which population grows and which are most populated at the forum, and they rock America as the fastest growing nations, many ignore Dominican republic people and some say to not search for Venezuelans, they are jealous.
That would be a short intro to the site straight away because it goes directly on the topics.
If you need some more interesting stuff I could add it later.
Shontiqua

Cleveland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2013

Andoni Llorente wrote:
It has always perplexed me how the inaccurate use of the terms Hispanic and Latin continues to be perpetuated. What do the vast majority of people in the US who use the term Hispanic or Latin to describe themselves have to do with Spain or Latin Europe(Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Romania) anyway? Absolutely nothing as far as I can tell. So why then, do these folks continue to appropriate and coopt names that do not belong to them and absolutely do not describe them accurately?
As an example, suppose you have two individuals with an identical name, say Fernando Gonzalez. The first Fernando is from Spain, specifically northwest Spain which happens to be and has a very Celtic culture, bagpipes included. Most likely Fernando Gonzalez from northwest Spain is tall, light haired and blue or green eyed, not unlike his brothers in other Celtic lands like Scotland and Ireland. The second Fernando Gonzalez is from, say, the Dominican Republic. Most likely this Fernando Gonzalez is black and his culture is Afro-caribbean.
My question is: why would these two Fernando Gonzalez both be referred to as Hispanic or Latin when they have absolutely nothing in common except that they share the same name?
The first Fernando Gonzalez, from northwest Spain, is absolutely Hispanic since he comes from the former Roman colony of Hispania, from which the name for modern day Spain, Espana, is derived. He is also Latin because he comes from one of the countries of Latin Europe, as described earlier.
I don't understand why the second Fernando Gonzalez, from the Dominican Republic, is referred to as being Hispanic when he has absolutely no connection, culuturally or racially, to Spain nor is he Latin since he also has no cultural or racial connection to any of the contries of Latin Europe.
Using this same line of logic, why is James Brown from Birmingham, England referred to as Anglo-Saxon yet James Brown of Greenville, South Carolina who happens to be black not referred to as Anglo-Saxon also? After all, he has the exact same name as James Brown from Birmingham, England.
Someone please explain.
Yadi yadi yadi yadi. Dude you have way too much time on your hands. Get a life. Trust me, it's not that serious. You're nothing special.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Dominican Republic Forum right now

Search the Dominican Republic Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
where is the large half somali half yemeni popu... Jul 22 shuaib 1
Do Dominicans want to be White! (Sep '11) Jul 21 Joel 132
Why Do Most Dominicans Dislike Haitians? (Aug '12) Jul 21 Joel 74
why do black people always try to claim dominic... (Sep '12) Jul 18 juanalupe 71
ˇCanadá necesita a inmigrantes! (Jul '07) Jul 15 Andres 1,138
Get Your wishes fulfilled,Money,Fame,Lottery,Lo... (Nov '11) Jul 14 Priya 10
is there racism in the dominican republic? (Feb '10) Jul 4 Betrayed 189
•••
•••